Fate's Mistake

By xoxobesties

What happens when you're at the wrong place at the wrong time? For Juliet, being bitten by vampire. Now force... More

Fate's Mistake
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 ~ Yeah!!! Double Digits WooHoo :P ~
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 13

137 3 0
By xoxobesties

A/N I was literally jumping out of my seat while doing this chapter <3 haha hope ya'll like it :) anyway, nuttin much else to say, yo... Peace out homie (<----- BTW, don't worry, I'm never going to say tht again, lol)

Juliet POV

After Cam asked me out, I was debating whether to tell Darren. Sure, he'd be pissed, but he deserves to know. And, besides, even if he doesn't agree, who am I to care? So, that settled that. I planned on telling him in the morning. But, of course, when have things ever ended in my favor? This morning, the man himself was nowhere to be found! In the end, I got frustrated by hunting for him in the entire mansion, that a ridiculous thought taunted me. Why the hell didn't I just ask anyone!? That would've saved me valuable time. So, now on a new quest, I went man-hunting for my new buddy, Sam. He was the one who helped me buy the supplies for Darren's prank. He's pretty chill. I smiled goofily to myself as I realized how stupid I sound. Since I was so lost in my ever-so-sensible train-of-thoughts, I bumped into someone.

Rubbing my nose, I looked up to meet amused, light hazel eyes. "Ca-am,"

"Is it possible for you to be more clumsy after being turned into a vampire?" He let out a small, playful chuckle. Pretending to be offended, I squinted my eyes up at him, as if to say, 'What-you-gonna-do-about-it!?!?' I could tell he was trying not to laugh, when he faked holding his hands up in a surrendering motion. But, instead, I burst out laughing, only for him to join me. After our silly fit of mirth, he motioned for us to walk. "Okay, seriously though, what were you doing there? I honestly saw you pass that hallway for the fifth time."

I gawked up at him. Fifth time!?!? "Wh-hat? I- no- that- I was looking for Darren," I finished stupidly. I seriously thought that I was in a different hallway than last time. Shaking my head at my own idiocy, I mentally slapped myself for losing my nonexistant A-game.

"Don't you remember? I told you last night, he wasn't going to be here," Cam answered with an adorable frown on his face.

"Oh," my nose automatically scrunched up in realization, "I did forget." Trying not to seem suspicious of him hiding the fact where he forgot to mention where Darren went, I asked, "Oh, and where did you say he went again?" I purposely twisted my waist so I was looking at him, yet keeping track of not tripping on the hardwood floor.

"Oh- well, um- you see-"

"-And, don't lie," this time, I hardened my voice. I don't appreciate being lied to.

In the end, Cam sighed, "I'm sorry, trust me, I don't like lying to you," at this, a bittersweet emotion crossed his face, "But, I had to. It's not something that you should find out from anyone other than Darren himself."

Overwhelmed by this confession, I excuse myself and sped away to my room. Where the hell could Darren go that is so secretive!? I avoided thinking of it as something bad. I really can't, and don't, want to imagine Darren in that light. Mustering up all my courage, I decided that I'll ask him himself later when he returns. But, the anxious feeling in me never left. Suddenly, the walls in my room seemed too much for me to want to stay here. I backed up slightly, feeling overwhelmed and claustrophobic. My legs kept shaking as I trudged backwards, while trying to free my brain from a massive head-ache. My back faced a rock hard wall.

A wall, you know, that could speak, "Jules, are you alright?" Cameron's voice filtered in my mind, and it felt like gravity snatched me from flying up. Everything seemed to still, including my migraine; it felt like I was back on Earth.

"Ye-eah, I'm fine," taking a deep breath, I continued, "Just beat."

Cameron's concerned eyes never wavered when he offered to have an early start on our date.

-------------------------------------------------

Cameron POV

No matter what type of guy I was, I was still worried about Jules. And, that's not good. I can't let that happen. I can't get close to her. It's too much of a risk. Besides, I have my own problems, and I need to focus on them. I can't afford to screw things up. Today, the vital part of the plan had to take place, and everything was dependant on me. I couldn't let stupid things like this come in the way.

So, what had me enjoying the time spent with her!?

"So..." Juliet interrupted the silence in the car. I was too busy debating whether I want the plan to happen early so I don't have time to change my mind.

"So..." I replied back with a smirk. It was way too easy to bait her. I softly chuckled at how she rolled her eyes.

"Okay, so tell me a little about yourself."

"Why?" I was confused, but mostly worried. Is she on too me!?

"Because you're always so busy with your life at home that I never get to see you anymore. And, besides, I don't feel like we know each other that well. Isn't that what a date's about anyway?" Jules had a mock-pout on her face, though I could see the smugness in her eyes.

Rolling my eyes playfully, and also releasing a relieved breath, I answered, "Alright, sure. You go first."

"Ugh, not fair... Whatever, um, let's start with... My favorite color is orange, I like any type pf music, except for classical, and I love to street-fight." Surprised at her answer, I snapped my neck to meet her honest eyes. Although, that caused the car to swerve left, and out of control for a little bit.

After regaining the control, and some of my man-pride, I questioned, "Seriously!? Street-fighting? I always knew you were a little more violent than any other girls I've met, but not enough to act on it! Wow, um, okay... My favorite color is black, I don't listen to a lot of music, and I like to race." When I made the mistake of looking at Juliet to see her reaction, I cracked up laughing. Her mouth was agaped, and her eyes wide. "Wha-at?" I managed to say during my fits of laughter. Her face was priceless.

"You... Don't... Listen... To music!? That's- like- impossible for me!"

"Well, I'm not you," I lightly tapped her nose with my hand closest to her. She made an adorable frowning face, and shrunk away from me.

"Whateve- Are we here yet!??" I mentally rolled my eyes. That's the problem with her; she's a great girl, but she's annoying as fuck. I'm so glad that in the end, I'm not going to end up with her. And, in a wierd way, I'm doing a favor for Darren, I smirked at this, he won't have to put up with her crap.

"Yeah, we're almost there," I made sure to drain the irritation from my voice.

---------------------------------------------

Juliet POV

The day flew by so fast, I didn't even realize that we already had dinner, and were about to leave. Honestly, Cam had me laughing and enjoying the day the whole time. Although, sometimes I caught him staring at me weirdly, or having odd expressions. But, I shrugged them off... I truthfully had a great time.

"Your check, sir," the waiter called out. I jumped a little when I heard him aproach without a noise. I raised my head to connect with his peircing stare. Only when Cam cleared his throat, did the pale boy turned to him. After Cam giving him a glare, and paying him, we stood up to leave.

"That guy was creepy," I managed to hide a bone-rippling shudder. I was more than used to being stared at my guys, especially when I was human, but the way that waiter was looking at me,displayed anything but pleasure.

Abruptly, Cam became nervous. "You mean you didn't notice? He was a vampire, and since you're one too, may be that's why he was looking at you that way." Since, he avoided eye-contact and gave a fake chuckle at the end, I knew he was lying. Sure, normally if he had lied, I'd lecture him to be honest, but this time, I just knew it was different. All at once, I noticed we took a different path from the way we came to the restauraunt. I swallowed nervously, still clinging on to the hope that I was only being paranoid, and asked, "Where are we go-" But, I never got to finish that sentence alone, when at least a dozen shadows emerged from seemingly nowhere.

"I'm sorry, Jules," Frantically, I looked at Cam for help, but he evaded my accusing stare. And, at that exact time, everything fell into place.

My legs moved on their own, backing away from the marching army- though tiny, it still was filled with vicious-looking men. I realized that they were all vampire from their painfully hatred-filled eyes, and sharp fangs, and pale skin. Since, I was forming a plan on how to escape, I hadn't noticed Cameron nearing. But, what happened next could've been prevented. I had my fast reflexes to rely on, but, I genouinely wanted to believe Cam wouldn't do this. But, that just proved me to be naive.

He whispered 'I'm sorry' once more before he slammed my head in the wall, letting the darkness drown me effortlessly.

{ A/N hope you all like it !!! Although after today, uploads probs won't be as frequent, but we'll try :P have a great day u guys!!! Plus, DON'T HATE ON MY CAM-CAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *snatches Cam and hugs him, then pets him weirdly*

P.S. I just found out that the word WEIRD is spelled wEIrd and not wIErd.... oopsy-daisy lol, no wonder i see so many squiggly lines on MS Word sometimes haha :P }

Continue Reading