Life of Amalia » British Roya...

By BriFlare

A family secret is brought into the light by the media and parliament. Now Amalia Spencer must figure out if... More

Life of Amalia » Cast
Life of Amalia » Epigraph
Life of Amalia » Playlist
Life of Amalia » Vogue
Life of Amalia » Prologue
Life of Amalia » Chapter One
Life of Amalia » Chapter Two
Life of Amalia » Chapter Three
Life of Amalia » New Cover
Life of Amalia » Chapter Four
Life of Amalia » Chapter Five
Life of Amalia » Explanation
Life of Amalia » Chapter Six
Life of Amalia » Chapter Seven
Life of Amalia » Chapter Eight
Life of Amalia » Chapter Nine
Life of Amalia » Chapter Ten
Life of Amalia » Chapter Eleven
Life of Amalia » Chapter Twelve
Life of Amalia » Chapter Thirteen
Life of Amalia » Chapter Fifteen
Life of Amalia » Chapter Sixteen
Life of Amalia » Chapter Seventeen
Life of Amalia » Chapter Eighteen
Life of Amalia » His Lady Spencer
Life of Amalia » Chapter Nineteen
Life of Amalia » Chapter Twenty
Life of Amalia » Chapter Twenty One
Life of Amalia » Chapter Twenty Two
Life of Amalia » Chapter Twenty Three
Life Of Amalia » Chapter Twenty Four
Life of Amalia » Chapter Twenty Five
Life of Amalia » Chapter Twenty Six
Life of Amalia » Chapter Twenty Seven
Life of Amalia » Chapter Twenty Eight
Life of Amalia » Chapter Twenty Nine
Life of Amalia » Chapter Thirty
Life of Amalia » Chapter Thirty One
Life of Amalia » Chapter Thirty Two
Life of Amalia » Chapter Thirty Three
Life of Amalia » Photos
Life of Amalia » Epilogue

Life of Amalia » Chapter Fourteen

5K 86 11
By BriFlare

Chapter Fourteen : The Article

The Fall of the British Royal Family

This has been a bad year for Britain and its royal family. And here is why it will get much worse—before it gets better than you can even imagine!

The Queen is 91 years old, and her husband announced in May that he will step down from royal duties this fall. In its June 30 edition, Newsweek published a feature article about Prince Harry, in which he said that when his grandmother dies, nobody wants to assume the throne. “Is there any one of the royal family who wants to be king or queen? I don’t think so, but we will carry out our duties at the right time,” he said.

Canada and Australia both have strong and growing movements to sever themselves from the British crown. Scotland continues to push to leave the UK.

What is wrong with Britain and the royal family? This issue is far more important than people generally realize.

‘Modernizing the Monarchy’

The Newsweek article came after a reporter received liberal access to Prince Harry for most of a year—part of the royal family’s effort to update its public image. The article showed the disturbing direction the monarchy is taking.

“We are involved in modernizing the British monarchy,” Prince Harry said. The royals are breaking with many past traditions. They are championing popular social causes. They are trying to relate to the public by showing that they are “ordinary” people. They are working to boost their popularity by rubbing shoulders with immoral celebrities and other ways that degrade the throne. They are also undermining biblical teachings.

Most people seem to support what they are doing if they pay any attention to it at all. But it is a big mistake! This misguided effort is terrible for the royals and deeply troubling for Britain.

In April, Prince William appeared in a “Heads Together” video with Lady Gaga aimed at normalizing mental health problems like depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts. Prince William sued a French magazine for £1.3 million for publishing pictures of his wife, topless. Her sister, Pippa, recently married the brother of a reality tv star, further blending the royals with show business. Prince Harry looks like he is about to marry an actress as well. The British Spectator called the royals “Britain’s biggest reality tv show.”

Is Lady Gaga the kind of company the royal family of Britain should keep?

On May 12, Prince William was named the “straight ally of the year” at Britain’s lgbtAwards. “It’s so important to be proud of the person you are,” he said in a video accepting the award.

That Newsweek article talked quite a lot about Prince Harry’s efforts to live a “normal” life. “He tells me several times that he aches to be ‘something other than Prince Harry,’” the author wrote. She described various ways that he has essentially tried to escape from being a royal.

“Harry’s determination to be ordinary seems reflected in his love life,” the article says. “His wife, Meghan Markle, might be a well-known actress, but she is also a divorcée, a vocal feminist and American, none of which conforms to the stereotype of a royal consort.”

Do they have any sense of how much damage their actions are causing? Britain has become an immoral cesspool, and the royal family is going right along with it.

“The younger royals are just too interested in the cringe-inducing world of celebrity and in the popularization of their own image,” wrote the Spectator. “We are told that they are reinventing the concept of monarchy for the digital age, and so on. But that doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. … In 30 years’ time, royal historians might look back at the Heads Together campaign, at the eager association with pop stars, and the blooming romance between Prince Harry and Miss Markle, and ask: Was this the moment when it all started to go wrong?” (May 13).

Yes, something has gone very wrong with the royal family.

The Importance of Family

When William and Harry’s mother, Lady Diana, married Prince Charles in 1981, the world was mesmerized. That wedding was the most-watched television event in history up to that point. More than 750 million people watched the lavish event on tv sets across the globe. It was a spectacular modern-day fairy tale.

Yet, in the Plain Truth magazine, Herbert W. Armstrong called the wedding “Britain’s Last Gasp of Joy and Splendor.”

Mr. Armstrong noted that Britain was a kingdom in decline. He was in Britain at the time, and he privately noted that in the wedding ceremony, references to the wife obeying her husband—based on scriptures like Ephesians 5:22-24, Colossians 3:18 and Titus 2:5—had been removed. He commented, “Well, let’s watch and see whether it lasts or not.”

Prince Charles and Princess Diana are unhappy shortly before their divorce in 1996.

It did not last! Both Charles and Diana ended up having adulterous affairs. The two separated in 1992. They officially divorced in 1996. The whole world had focused on that “fairy tale” romance and marriage. And what they got was a clear example of infidelity, immorality and treachery!

Prince Charles with his present wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

Can we really pretend that that didn’t have an effect on British society?

Family is the most important relationship that exists! If you study it in the Bible, you see that it is a God-plane relationship—it teaches us spiritual truths about God Himself. Ephesians 5, for example, shows that marriage is a type of the relationship between Jesus Christ and the Church. God created marriage to teach us that. It is why marriage exists.

How precious is a strong family, producing godly children! Anyone can look at that and recognize what a marvelous and beautiful thing it is. There is nothing else like it! (If you want to learn more about this truth, request a free copy of Mr. Armstrong’s booklet Why Marriage—Soon Obsolete?)

Today the Prince of Wales is married to the woman he left his wife for. Did they have a God-plane relationship? The whole public knows it was in the lowest part of the gutter!

Now, look at the fruits of that relationship. Watch the headlines.

The royal couple that many people are so enamored with today, William and Kate, lived together for quite a while before they married. And now he is championing transgender rights.

The Newsweek article said: “When asked about his family, Harry talks readily about the Queen … and his late mother …. He says less about William and Kate, and almost nothing about his father or his stepmother. The world now knows how unhappy that relationship made his mother, and her children.”

What kind of family is he going to have?

Newsweek says Prince Harry is trying to carry on his mother’s legacy. “Twenty years ago, when irrational fear of being infected with hiv/aids was at its height, Diana was photographed touching an hiv-positive man, and that one gesture altered public attitudes. (‘I’d like to be a queen of people’s hearts,’ Diana once told a tv interviewer; the moniker stuck, especially after her death.) Last December, Harry had an hiv test in Barbados before a bevy of photographers.”

Princess Amalia is living her mother's life.

A book was released on Crown Princess Amalia talking about her private life and her struggles with the royal family, has caused enough predictable controversy already – but there’s something very compelling about it.

Then there are the truly heartrending ones, which make even a cynical republican like me feel sad: “There’s just nobody to physically scream at. Or someone to put their arms around me – just listen when I cry. I can’t bear people saying it can’t be as bad as that, or we understand – nobody understands unless you’re the individual concerned.”

Why Prince Charles is unpopular?

He's never really been a man of the people. He has a very posh voice, a very aloof demeanour and his attempts to connect with average people often comes across looking like someone desperately trying to conceal their true feelings, which appear to be a sort of baffled contempt.

While Britain is trying to modernise he still comes across as a guy who hasn't found anything funny since the Goon Show stopped broadcasting and only likes music if it's older than he is.

It doesn't help that the issues he seems to really care about don't connect with the people at all. While many of his subjects are struggling to make ends meet and concerned about big issues of the day, Prince Charles is really, really concerned about modern architecture which he loathes and despises. Instead of getting passionate about the state of public schooling or the something that affects people's day to day lives, he gets worked up because someone is designing a building he doesn't like. He's also concerned about the fact that scientific based medicine that has been tested and found effective takes precedence over homeopathy in the NHS. Something that hasn't endeared him to the medical profession and a lot of other people.

Of course what really drove the last nail in the coffin of his public perception was the fact that he was cheating on his beloved and adored and attractive young wife Diana with the unpopular, hated, older and unattractive Camilla. It was seen as a betrayal of the People's Princess (whose infidelity was forgiven for some reason).

The British people are anger. They feel that Prince Charles should be ashamed for how he treats the princess, his only daughter.

It was too late for Diana; that much is obvious. Princess Amalia's book, the last awful show of what it really means to be royal. It isn’t right or fair to live in a society where real people are treated that way because of an accident of birth. They don’t deserve the advantages, and, most importantly, they don’t deserve the downfalls.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 2.3K 26
Imagine if Prince Charles and Princess Diana had a daughter. Now 23 years later, Princess Gwendoline deals with paparazzi, life and love. Everyone st...
77.9K 1.6K 20
A prince risks everything for a woman that's an ocean away. Started : February 4, 2021 Published : February 4, 2021 Completed : October 10, 2021 A B...
73.1K 1.9K 24
Christian was born into British royalty, but yet he felt like an outsider until his uncle, the Prince of Wales plans an arranged marriage to Jamila t...
60.4K 1.3K 16
In which Amelia has gotten too comfortable with her secret relationship and Michael has now given her the ultimatum either go public and engaged or b...