Life of Amalia » Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen : The Article

The Fall of the British Royal Family

This has been a bad year for Britain and its royal family

This has been a bad year for Britain and its royal family. And here is why it will get much worse—before it gets better than you can even imagine!

The Queen is 91 years old, and her husband announced in May that he will step down from royal duties this fall. In its June 30 edition, Newsweek published a feature article about Prince Harry, in which he said that when his grandmother dies, nobody wants to assume the throne. “Is there any one of the royal family who wants to be king or queen? I don’t think so, but we will carry out our duties at the right time,” he said.

Canada and Australia both have strong and growing movements to sever themselves from the British crown. Scotland continues to push to leave the UK.

What is wrong with Britain and the royal family? This issue is far more important than people generally realize.

‘Modernizing the Monarchy’

The Newsweek article came after a reporter received liberal access to Prince Harry for most of a year—part of the royal family’s effort to update its public image. The article showed the disturbing direction the monarchy is taking.

“We are involved in modernizing the British monarchy,” Prince Harry said. The royals are breaking with many past traditions. They are championing popular social causes. They are trying to relate to the public by showing that they are “ordinary” people. They are working to boost their popularity by rubbing shoulders with immoral celebrities and other ways that degrade the throne. They are also undermining biblical teachings.

Most people seem to support what they are doing if they pay any attention to it at all. But it is a big mistake! This misguided effort is terrible for the royals and deeply troubling for Britain.

In April, Prince William appeared in a “Heads Together” video with Lady Gaga aimed at normalizing mental health problems like depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts. Prince William sued a French magazine for £1.3 million for publishing pictures of his wife, topless. Her sister, Pippa, recently married the brother of a reality tv star, further blending the royals with show business. Prince Harry looks like he is about to marry an actress as well. The British Spectator called the royals “Britain’s biggest reality tv show.”

Is Lady Gaga the kind of company the royal family of Britain should keep?

On May 12, Prince William was named the “straight ally of the year” at Britain’s lgbtAwards. “It’s so important to be proud of the person you are,” he said in a video accepting the award.

That Newsweek article talked quite a lot about Prince Harry’s efforts to live a “normal” life. “He tells me several times that he aches to be ‘something other than Prince Harry,’” the author wrote. She described various ways that he has essentially tried to escape from being a royal.