Life of Amalia » Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen : Onika & Louis

Tonight the Royal families of Herraden and United Kingdom attend the ball of Haxhem.

On Saturday, celebrities and royals will enjoy a night of music, cocktails, and dinner at the annual Haxhem Ball

The prestigious black-tie party will be held at the Salles des Hexham castle.

It dates back to 1954, when Princess Grace of United kingdom first created the event; itnow benefits the Princess Grace Foundation.

Royals attending the event includes the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the Crown Prince Miguel and Crown Princess Amalia of Herraden, Princess Rose and Prince Michael of Herraden, the Duke and Duchess of Lubin, Princess Kristen and Prince Kendrick Jonah Ying, Duchess Robyn of Zetterberg, Viscount Louis and Viscountess Onika Spencer.

Each year, the royal family appoints a creative professional to select a theme for the event and bring it to life. For 2018, Princess Kristen of Wales asked fashion icon and Chanel creative director Karl Lagerfeld to design the ball. According to Hello Monaco, this year was Lagerfeld's fifth time accepting the responsibility.

Chanel's creative director Karl Lagerfeld and French cartoonist Jean-Jacques Sempé designed the "Manhattan" theme for the 2018 affair.

Tickets cost €800 ($996.21) per guest, according to Town & Country.

marchioness |mar·chion·ess |ˈmärSH(ə)nəs| a woman holding the rank of marquess in her own right.

viscount |vis·count |ˈvīˌkount/noun |noun: viscount; plural noun: viscounts|a British nobleman ranking above a baron and below an earl. | viscountess is the female form.

“Amalia!” Onika shouted excitedly, opening her arms for an embrace that Amalia eagerly stepped into

“Onika, hi!” she responded warmly before pulling away. They kissed each other on the cheeks, both quite aware of the curious stares coming from around them.