Coached ➳ l.p [au]

By gymnasliam

[COMPLETED] She used to be overweight, on the verge of diabetes, and she knew it too. What made her change he... More

Coached intro
Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12: part one
chapter 12: part two
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17: part one
chapter 17: part two
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23: part one
chapter 23: part two
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38: part one
chapter 38: part two
chapter 39
chapter 40 (Epilogue)
Q&A: part 1
Q&A: part 2
New Liam Story !!
chapter 41 (Additional)

chapter 5

27.9K 1.2K 532
By gymnasliam

I purposely set my timer to have me wake up fifteen minutes before six so that I can pull the trap on Liam.

After getting dressed, which takes ten minutes, I pace back and forth in my room before I hear the doorbell ring.

I rush to my window and yank the string, laughing to myself as I imagine my coach dripping wet. I am evil, you say? I know. I must have inherited that trait from my parents when they went out of their way just to get me to lose weight. See who's evil now.

A knock on my bedroom door sounds before I hear a voice.

"Jo, you better be awake already! I don't want to have to pour water on you again!" Liam says through the door.

What? Why isn't he mad? He should be yelling at me for dumping a gallon of freezing cold water on his head for crying out loud!

I fling open my door and see that he is fully dry.

"Wh-" I stop myself and walk downstairs to the front door of the house.

I open the door and find a large wet spot on the concrete. It spreads down the pathway of my house, and onto the lawn even.

Why didn't that get on Liam?

"I'm smarter than you think," his voice startles me as I look behind me and scowl.

"How did you not get wet! It was supposed to drench you in cold water to the point where you would get so mad at me and quit!" I almost stomp my foot.

He leans in an inch and smirks at me, "That's the thing, Jo. I'm not going anywhere."

"That's what I feared," I roll my eyes at him.

He chuckles deeply and walks past me, careless of the water splashing underneath his shoes.

"Now come on, we're doing something fun today,"

I roll my eyes again and follow behind him, stepping over the wet spots on the concrete which are basically everywhere. Darn you Laura and your malfunctioning traps.

I watch Liam lift a bike from out of his car. Wait, his car? It was different from the other one I saw him in. This car was a truck.

"We're riding bikes?" I ask as I watch him lift another out of the trunk and lean it against the car. I cant help but stare at the large muscles on his tanned arms.

Stop looking, Jolissa. Look away. You can not stare at his beautiful and muscular body.

"Yes, we are. It is always great to stay active this early, especially with these bad boys," he happily motions to one of the bikes as he rolls one over to me.

I hesitantly grab it just before it is about to fall, probably on my leg.

"I am not sure whether or not to tease you about calling these things 'bad boys' or to complain about how much I don't want to do this," I gripe.

"Why must you always complain, Jo? Lighten up a little. Working out could be fun if you make it."

"I hate you," I remind him because I forgot to say it already.

"Now that you're in the mood," he sarcastically states and swings his leg around the bike, "lets give it a go."

I mutter under my breath as I swing my leg over my bike and sit on the small seat of the bicycle. They really need to make these cushions in the seat bigger because I swear it will end up disappearing in my butt once we are done riding.

Liam starts to ride off in front of me and it doesn't take long until I catch up with him, even though it takes most of my breath to do that.

Darn, if these were my last breaths, I would be wasting them on Liam Payne. Just great.

"How long...are...we going to be doing this?" I pant at a steady pace, pedaling my legs faster as we go.

He tries to hide a smile at the corner of his lips but I know one when I see it.

"For about two miles or so," he seems unaffected by the pace we are pedaling.

"Two miles?!" I gasp, catching my breath as cars pass by. If I get ran over, I would be happy to explain to the police that he was the reason it happened. Or if I was already dead, I could just come back and haunt him forever.

That sounds just lovely.

"Or so," he repeats, passing me up so that he is now in front of me.

I purposely pedal faster and pant as I ride beside him again.

"My legs are killing me already!" I yell through hard breathing.

"Stop talking then, it takes the energy out of your physical effort. Plus, it's more peaceful," he tells me chuckling at the last part.

"Sure, whatever," I say as he almost passes me up again. This time I purposely go faster than him and am now in front of him by at least more than two feet. The sidewalk below me feels almost harder to pedal on now, and i'm almost losing my breath. Why does it feel this way?

Then I realize we're going up a large hill.

I think I have officially decided that Liam is trying to kill me. I mean, I never would have thought i'd die this way. I always pictured me dying of something like pneumonia or some kind of tragic illness, but never from biking up a hill.

Okay maybe I am exaggerating just a tad bit.

I hear him pedaling behind me and I feel like almost giving up, but if I stop then we'll crash and I don't think i'm quite up for getting injured.

"I know what you're thinking. Don't quit, Jo. You can do this, I know you can." He says from behind me.

How does he know I was going to quit? And why does he keep calling me Jo.

I hate that nickname.

Well maybe not so much when Liam calls me it. But you didn't hear that from me.

My calves feel like they're burning as I continue to pedal faster, almost at the end of the street where the top of the hill is.

When I get there, I slow down until Liam is right beside me.

We both are panting, me obviously breathing heavier, before he hands me a water from his pouch.

"I did it," I manage to say, smiling to myself.

I actually have never ridden up a hill before.

"I'm proud of you," he smiles and watches me chug down my water before he drinks his own.

Although I have the feeling of accomplishing something new with Liam's help, I realize that I am letting him win. But do I want this to happen? I don't think I know what I want. I can't even decide between the color green or the color orange so how could I be able to decide now.

Just yesterday I knew what I wanted, but I don't want to think too much about it because it creates stress in my mind. I don't like to deal with stress, in case you don't know. But who does anyway?

I hand him my mostly empty water and after he drinks some of his, he tucks them both back into his pouch.

For a moment we stare at the bottom of the hill, where a park is.

No kids swing on the swings or play at the playground at all. Oh yeah, it's six something in the freaking morning. Why would they even be up that early in the summer?

I hate kids, anyway. Wait, okay scratch that. I hate everything.

"You ready?" Liam's voice catches me by surprise.

"Can't we just stop now? You're proud of me, that should be enough," I groan.

"Nope, we have to go down the hill, too. Besides, we have a mile left so brace yourself," he says before placing his hands on the handles again.

I groan again.

"Would you like to go first?" He asks.

"I'd rather you not crash into me," I tell him.

In case he doesn't know, I don't plan on braking any bones anytime soon and I want to keep it that way. See, exercising is just plain dangerous. They should really ban it everywhere in the world. Everyone hates it anyways.

Then there's Liam.

"You're right. We should go down together," he grips his handle bars before looking back to me.

"Lets go on the count of three," he starts and I grip my handle bars.

Just as he ends on three, we both start to ride down the enormous hill. The both of us pick up speed and I hear Liam yell from excitement.

Most of the time spent with me going down is hoping that I don't end up crashing into that tree that I see at the end of the road.

I feel my bike start to spiral out of control and I hold it tighter to get more control but it continues its quick pace.

"Liam, i'm probably going to crash! It won't slow down!" I panic, trying my hardest to control the bike in my hands.

He looks over at me and laughs so loudly, i'm sure it could be heard from Africa.

"Squeeze the handles!" He yells as we come closer to the tree at the end of the sidewalk, indicating that it turns to the right.

I do as i'm told and as soon as we get to the bottom of the hill, I have my bike well under control and the both of us slow down.

Liam is still laughing.

Wow, very funny.

"It wasn't even that funny, shutup," I say, catching my short breaths as we stroll adjacent to the park.

"Are you kidding me? That was hilarious! I have never seen anyone pedal so terribly!" He makes fun of me, still laughing.

"My bike went out of control, okay! I could have died!"

"You are a dramatic one, Jolissa." He catches his breath finally, as we slowly ride on the sidewalk. I feel the wind in my ponytail and the cool air on my face.

It really feels nice cooling off. Thank the heavenly heavens for the cool oxygen early in the morning.

"Wow, that is the first time I have heard you call me by my real name besides two days ago when we first met,"

"Is that so, Jo?"

"God, here we go again,"

"Hey, at least that rhymes,"

"Shutup." I groan, pedaling in front of him.

-

After Liam made me ride with him down the street for a few more blocks, we turned a shortcut to my house and headed back.

As soon as I get home, I don't hesitate to take a long and hot shower.

Even though I sing like a cat in a blender, I sing loudly in the shower anyway before going back into my room and changing into casual clothing.

Honestly since most of my clothes belong to the 'Fatty Jo' collection, I wear a baggy shirt with some baggy and loose sweatpants. I have no one to impress anyways so might as well make the worst of it.

But hey, at least i'm comfortable.

A knock is at my bedroom door and I don't completely rush to open it.

"Jolissa, we've invited Liam for dinner tomorrow," my mother stands in my doorway.

"What? Why!" I over exaggerate, throwing my hands in front of me.

Liam is really trying to ruin my life, isn't he?

"We feel like it is a really nice gesture since he's helping you," she tells me.

"That's what the existence of paying him is for, mother," I sarcastically say, rolling my eyes.

"You didn't even bother informing me of this earlier!" I add, making a big scene.

I should have known my parents would pull some crap like this. After all, Liam is their favorite. And that really shows something, considering that he isn't even their child and I am.

"Behave when he comes tomorrow. That's all I ask of you, Jolissa." She tells me before walking down the hall and I don't want to look at the back of her perfect blonde-haired head anymore so I slam my bedroom door and plop on my bed.

How could she do this to me? Doesn't she know I don't want Liam as my coach, let alone have mother fudging dinner with him!

I want to slam my head on my desk.

Just then, my phone rings.

I have set a special ringer for my stalker on the other end.

As soon as I pick up the phone I hear Liam's voice.

"Did you hear the news," I hear the smirk in his deep voice.

Gosh darn it, Liam. Why do you have to ruin my life, yet reel me in at the same time?

"Yes, I am trying to plan my own funeral if you excuse me,"

"Oh come on, it can't be that bad. I'm just having dinner with your family, they love me anyway,"

"Which is what I hate, right next to hating you,"

"Harsh," he says.

"That's me,"

"Well, I can't wait to see you at dinner tomorrow, Jo,"

"Give me all the time in the world, please" I beg and he chuckles.

"See you then."

__________________________

(Hey I updated again! Yeah I might be updating Coached daily

key word: MIGHT

but yeah, coz its quite easy to write

anywaaays pls vote and comment!

I wanna start having goals since there are so many ghost readers who just read and dint even vote or comment! You know who you are!

So goals for this chappy are

10 votes and 5 comments

Hope I reach my goal with your help! Love ya -Kiana)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 498 54
When Harry doesn't know how to behave himself & he just want to have "some fun," management have to do something before he ruin his image. When deny...
788K 20.3K 114
"I don't think he's a member; he must be the new personal trainer." Bursting with humor and emotion, The Fat Bitch Diet tells the light-hearted stor...
819K 13.8K 47
Before you get any further, I warn you that this is not your typical spy story. You might think it is... But, it's not. Well, where do I start? I'm...
135K 8.9K 16
[COMPLETED] [SHORT STORY] ❝I was starting to fall for him...but for all I know, we could be thousands of miles away❞ ************ Copyright © 2014: A...