The Mafia's Nanny

By mindsets

A love story about the peace that can be found in our darkest moments, and the people that can help us find i... More

Author's Note
Epilogue
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
THANK YOU

Chapter 16

75.1K 1.6K 3.3K
By mindsets

Here is an update guys... finally. I'm sorry about the wait!
But happy reading. I'm sure you'll love this one <3

~ ~

Eva

Everything was perfect; his hands were engulfed in mine and our words were dripping with truth. Our eyes connected and I felt like I could bathe in the moment until the day I stopped breathing.

He made me happy.

His calloused thumb rubbed over the soft skin of my hand and I inhaled his masculine scent – the one that lingered every time I was around him – before I exhaled peacefully. I soaked the pure happiness inside my heart and we lingered there for a few moments, before the door creaked open.

Disappointment ran through my whole body when Alessandro turned his face away from me to look at who was standing in the frame. "Oh, sorry," Leon stumbled with shock on his face at the sight of us. "Did I interrupt something?"

Both of us shook our heads and then I let Alessandro speak. "Is everything alright?"

Leon nodded and took another step into the room. "I just wanted to let you know that they've arrived."

A short pause took place before Alessandro's raspy voice came through again. "I'll be there in ten."

Leon nodded his head and then backed out of the room – closing the door and leaving Alessandro and I alone once again.

Once silence hung over the space, Alessandro turned back to me and I was blessed by the sight of his face.

His gorgeous brown eyes; his messy but suitable hair that was slightly hanging over his face; his soft olive skin that was currently beneath my fingers; his smile that sent goosebumps rushing through me.... what was happening to me?

"I have to go," he told me with clear disappointment in his tone. "But are you busy tonight?"

My heart stuttered at those words. Almost like a teenage girl that knew what was coming next and couldn't seem to contain her excitement.

"Well, I mean, I have a shift-"

"Rosie can take it." He quickly interrupted with a cheeky smile.

It made me chuckle to myself. "I guess I'm free, then."

"Good, because there's a beautiful rooftop restaurant nearby. We should get away from the Estate for a little bit and just have a conversation.... just me and you, without all the chaos." He said and I could have sworn my whole body rose up with glee.

The mere thought of spending time with Alessandro on my own made my heart pound ferociously in my chest. And so I smiled at him widely – not being able to contain my joy – and nodded. "Yes. That sounds lovely."

A beautiful smile spread across his handsome face and I felt my heart beat rapidly. This was the side of Alessandro that I wanted to know. The sweet side. The side that made me feel special.

He let my hands go and I felt them grow cold under the absence of his warming hold, but the smile on my face remained as I watched him leave.

Once he'd gone, I turned back to the painting and smiled, sitting back down and continuing to paint my beautiful muse in the calm silence of the bedroom, thinking about him...

Alessandro

I stalked down the long hallways and my heavy footsteps echoed. A sweet moment with Eva could never take away the cruelty inside of me.

I still had evil tendencies that I fulfilled each and every day. It's just that sometimes I let them go for a split second – for the people closest to me.

Leon informed that the weapons had come which satisfied me completely. Anything associated with the plan did.

I could hear the raspy voices coming from the office. Excitement courses through my veins. "Boss," Matteo spoke once I was inside, surrounded by my men and some stranger-faces. "The weapons."

He motioned towards the men that stood around. They wore all-black suits and looked stern-faced and serious. Just the way I liked my men; it showed that they took things seriously. They bowed their heads towards me in respect and I returned the favour. "What've you got for me?"

All attention was on the guns that lay before us. "These are small but they're extremely powerful." One of the men explained, his hands gestering towards some of the smaller weapons on the table. "I've got other ones that are larger but I wouldn't recommend using them if you're trying to be discrete."

I nodded my head. "The weapons are just for precaution anyway. The chances are, they won't even be used."

"And your second-in-command is doing the job for you?" The same man questioned.

My index finger wiggled in Leon's direction. The man widened his eyes. "Oh, I apologise-"

"No worries." Leon quickly interjected. "Is there anything else we need to know?"

Everything seemed so rushed. The weapons, the plan, the action.... but I knew that it was worth the hassle. Because when I had Antonio's blood splattered across his Estate, the pride will reign above everything in the past.

I'd have fulfilled my craving.

I'd gain justice for my sweet angels.

"Nothing else." Another man said with a low voice.

"Just make sure you know how to use the weapons." The previous guy added.

I've been using weapons practically all my f*cking life. I rolled my eyes and my lips twisted in annoyance at the mere thought of doubts coming from the man infront of me. It made me angry – made my blood boil.

"We'll be fine." I told him through gritted teeth. "Thank you. You may go."

The men got the hint and bowed their heads one last time. "Good doing business with you, Sir."

And then they left.

Leaving me with my men and the guns that were displayed. The sight of them was like eye-candy. My special kind of eye-candy.

"What's the plan, then?" Matteo asked rather excitedly. It made me happy to know that my men delighted in my cravings too. It satisfied me to know that I had people that were all for me and nobody else could ever divert their attention. Their loyalty was strong and I valued it each and every day that passed.

"Leon can hide the guns under his coat. If he needs them, he can grab them but if not, nobody will suspect he's got anything under there." I explained to them.

They nodded and listened closely to me. Leon had his eyebrows knitted in concentration. "How many am I taking?"

I thought for a moment before responding. "Take three."

Leon nodded and took three of the small ones. I prayed that they were as powerful as the men claimed.

"I've pretty much got everything," Leon said. "I could even go tonight."

My head shook in his direction. "I don't know if that's a good idea. We still haven't planned the course of action."

Leon sighed to himself. My paranoia could sometimes lead to unnecessary waiting but that's the way I liked it.

Especially when it was my family that was on the line.

"We know everything that is needed. I'm a professional. I think sometimes you forget that." Leon spoke with a raised eyebrow. A cold glare formed on my face but I knew that he was right.

"Fine," I huffed. "But go later. When things are much quieter. That way, it's less likely that you'll be seen."

Leon nodded and a satisfied grin spread across his face.

"But I'll be out with Eva so you'll have to report back to Oscar." I added. "And Vito and Matteo, you'll have to check the premises. Keep watch with the guards in case anything suspicious happens."

"Where are you going?" Vito asked curiously, leaning on the table behind him.

"The rooftop restaurant downtown. To get away for a little bit." I told him.

Before they could smirk and mock me, I cleared my throat and quickly spoke. "I have to go. Sort out these weapons so that nobody can get hold of them." And then I walked out, fixing my blazer and instantly feeling excited for the night ahead.

I'd finally have some time with Eva – some quality time.

I walked down the hallway and finally came to my room. The chattering that came from Eva's room was undoubtedly familiar. It was Rosie and I could also hear some of the other maids. Clearly they were helping her get ready and somehow their excitement made me feel good inside.

It brought a grin to my face.

My room welcomed me as I walked inside and threw my blazer down on the bed.

I ran my fingers through my hair and walked into the bathroom-ensuite, having a quick shower before deciding what to wear.

The suits in my wardrobe were endless but that's all that Eva ever saw of me. Surely she had gotten bored of the same old shirt, pants and blazer.

So I pulled out another kind of shirt and decided that I would look slightly more casual. Smart casual – and still holding my hard reputation, but enough so that Eva could have a taste of something else... another side of me.

My hair was damp so I quickly dried it with the towel and changed into the outfit.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I liked what I saw.

For once I didn't look like the stern-faced Mafia Boss that everyone knew me as; I just looked like an ordinary man.

I missed the innocence... the oblivion and 'ignorance is bliss' attitude that I once had. But somehow Eva brought those traits to the surface.

When I was around her, I felt like my heart was completely open. And it felt vulnerable but I adored the emotions that flowed inside of it when the walls weren't up.

Once I had fixed everything up, I walked out and noticed that Eva still wasn't ready so I decided to wait for her in the living-area.

Leon was getting everything ready for the night ahead and so were the other men. Therefore I was alone with my own thoughts being the only company I had. It was actually quite peaceful.

But eventually the chirpy voices of the maids disturbed the silence. "She's ready!" Rosie sung with a wide smile.

I couldn't help but smile back widely and suddenly I felt impatient. I wanted to see her. I wanted to see her beauty.

And then she walked through the door and I instantly felt myself grow warm at the sight of her.

She had a creme-coloured dress that reached just above her knees; it was tight at her waist which highlighted her figure. Her hair was pinned at the sides with chocolate-brown locks cascading down, and her makeup was natural yet I could notice it.

"You look beautiful." I managed to say, walking towards her with my eyes transfixed. I noticed her cheeks becoming pink at how amazed I was.

"Thank you." Her voice was soft and quiet but sweetness laced her tone.

The maids were all smiling widely behind her. It made me chuckle. "Shall we go?"

I offered my arm and she gladly locked her hand around my bicep. We strolled past the maids and Eva threw an appreciative look their way.

"Have fun!" I heard Rosie call as we walked further away, towards the entrance.

We smiled back at her before our eyes locked. "You really do look stunning, Eva," I told her again. "But where did the dress come from?"

As far as I knew, Eva didn't have any fancy clothes – just casual, comfortable things to wear around the house when she wasn't working.

"Rosie let me borrow one of her dresses." Eva answered as we walked towards the vehicle.

Suddenly I wanted to spoil her – buy her a dress that was her own. Eva deserved to be spoilt and looked after – especially after the way she made me feel. All I wanted to do was give her the world... and I would, one day.

We got into the vehicle and I turned to the driver. "Downtown."

He nodded and the car started. Eva and I sat back and I took my hand in hers. The small squeeze was enough to make her face blossom into a shy smile.

Eventually we got to the restaurant. It was private for the night – so that Eva and I could really have some quality time, without any distractions.

At the sight of the large, expensive-looking restaurant, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped abruptly.

"Do you like it?" I asked with a smirk, getting out of the vehicle and opening the door for her.

All she could do was look up with glowing eyes. "I-I love it."

It was truly a sight. The restaurant had been built a couple of years ago and the majority of it was glass. It had three floors along with the rooftop restaurant. I usually used it for business meetings but I had decided that tonight, Eva deserved to see it. And clearly she adored it.

"You're the first person to see this except from my men, by the way." I told her as we stood infront of the tall building.

Her smile was proud and joyful. "Well I'm honoured.... thank you, really."

I shook my head with a smile to indicate that I was honoured. To have such gorgeous company. To know her like I have done. "Let's go in."

We linked arms and made our way inside, the interior being even more beautiful than the outside. The decoration was elegant and specific. It made my heart melt to see the pure shock on Eva's face.

We strolled up to the rooftop and took a seat near the balcony. The view was mesmerising. The whole city was below us and the mix of cars, chattering and the wind drifted through the air. It was so peaceful and Eva and I were the only ones on the rooftop – meaning in my eyes, we were the only people in the world.

Or at least in that one moment... it felt as though we were normal without our tainted hearts in the way... just Eva and I with the rest of the world surrounding us.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Eva whispered, looking over at me with tipsy eyes.

I nodded my head and smiled at her contently. "Very."

"So, I'm guessing you come here often, then?"

"For meetings, yes, but I've never really stopped to appreciate it." I told her truthfully. "I guess I've never had the spare time with all the chaos."

Her eyes sparkled in the reflection of the night and she tilted her head to the side. "Well don't think about the chaos. Just think about now. You haven't got any work or business to think about – just this beautiful view..."

"And you." I added quickly.

Her eyes cast themselves down and I noticed a shy smile on her face before she looked back up at me through her long eyelashes. "Yes. And me."

Eva and I shared general conversation before the waiter eventually came. We ordered the food and then I turned to her. "Eva... can I ask you a question?"

She sipped her red-wine before nodding and looking at me expectantly.

"What are your feelings towards me?"

It was a forward question but I wanted to know – and when I wanted to know something, I didn't mess around.

She definitely looked shocked. It took her a few seconds to reply before her voice came out soft. "I think you're great."

An amused smile spread across my face. "That's all?"

A giggle left her before her hands flew up. "Well, what do you want me to say?"

It was clear that Eva and I weren't on a friendly level. We felt something stronger – passion and compassion beyond friendship – and I was intrigued to know if Eva acknowledged it like I did.

"Tell me your feelings, Eva." I told her.

Her cheeks became rosy and warm. I could sense the urge to hide her feelings but I wouldn't let her. I wanted to know everything and I'd get it out of her in any way I could.

"I don't know..." She eventually mumbled but that wasn't good enough for me.

"Eva," I insisted, laying my large hand on her smaller one. "Tell me."

Just when I thought she was about to spill, the waiter walked over with the food. "Here you are." He spoke in a chirpy tone. "Enjoy your meal."

Eva smiled at him but I kept my eyes glued to her face. I probably came across as arrogant and ignorant but I didn't care; my whole focus was on the answers that I was craved. The confessions that I yearned to hear.

The waiter quickly scurried off and her eyes locked with mine once again.

"Well?" I pressured and she sighed at me.

"I think you're the hottest guy I've ever seen and your words just make my heart flutter every single time you speak." Her voice was mocking and her facial expressions were teasing. It made me smirk... I wondered if there was any truth in those words.

"Oh really?" I replied with my eyebrows wiggling and the smirk remaining on my face.

A giggle erupted from her before she began to eat the food slowly. "Wow, this food is-"

"Amazing. I know." I finished with enthusiasm in my tone.

It really was. In fact – the best food I had ever tasted. It wasn't exactly cheap but every single penny was worth it.

"Anyway," Eva said with her voice slightly higher. I could tell some kind of sarcastic comment was going to leave her mouth. "What are your feelings about me, huh?"

Instantly her words caused a wide smirk to stretch the corners of my mouth. If she was going to play with fire – she had to be prepared to get burnt.

"You want to know the truth?" I challenged and of course, she nodded with an excited smile on her face.

"You drive me crazy." I told her with a low voice. "Every single time I see you, I have to resist my urges. And you have no idea how hard that is for me."

My urges. That definitely left her with something to think about... something to ponder. And I could tell that I had clearly hit her hard because her whole face was shocked. Her eyes were widened and her cheeks were bright red. It made me smile to myself proudly. "Happy now?"

She cleared her throat and shuffled in her seat. "Yes. Very happy."

I grinned at her and she retuned the gesture.

"Eva...." I whispered, watching as she looked at me expectantly. "Kiss me."

The words took her by surprise but I could still see the joy in her orbs.

It was as if we were suddenly moving in slow-motion. Her body leaned over the table and my hands found her face as I connected our lips. Her mouth moved against mine and I felt every single part of my being set itself free. I caressed her face gently, bringing it closer, deepening the kiss and taking everything I needed from Eva.

Her hands lay on my chest and the sensations rushed through my body. I wanted her like I had been waiting for her my whole life. Every single bad thing in my life flew past me as our lips moved in sync, the vibration of our hums adding to the electricity that seemed to race through my veins.

I needed her.

"Alessandro," her voice was croaky with her warm breath fanning over my lips, our mouths still brushing against each other. "What does this mean?"

I rubbed my nose against hers and looked into her eyes. "I think you know what this means."

Her eyes were somehow filled with dread but there was a slight sparkle in them. "Just promise me something, Alessandro."

I pressed my forehead against hers. "What?"

"Promise you won't break my heart."

Straight to my chest. Right through my own heart. The mere thought of hurting Eva made me feel sick to the stomach. So I rubbed the soft skin of her neck and my voice came out hushed. "I promise."

She smiled against my mouth and I couldn't resist the urge to kiss her again.

So we shared one last kiss.

A short but sweet kiss that made my chest feel as though a thousand weights had been lifted off.

And then just when I thought nothing could ruin the moment – I felt a vibration in my pocket.

A disappointed sigh left my mouth as I abruptly pulled away from the kiss and took my phone out of my pocket.

Holding it to my ear, I barked. "Yeah?"

"Boss..." Oscar breathed heavily down the phone. He seemed panicked and that made me feel anxious.

"What's going on?" I asked frantically.

"It's Leon..." He replied with a long pause, as if anticipating the words that he wanted to say....

"He's been captured."

~

NOOOOOOOOOO..... :(
What exactly happened with Leon? How did he get caught? And more importantly... what are they going to do to him? *shakes in fear*
I hope you liked this guys. #AlessEva finally had their first kiss!!!!! <3 Let me know your thoughts guys. And I shall see you next timeeee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

791K 37.9K 26
1950s. ***Story contains mature scenes and Hindi phrases which are not translated in english*** Abhigyan Singh, a Sarpanch of the village named 'Tara...
1.4M 116K 58
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...
2.7M 60.4K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
2.5M 207K 94
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...