The Sacrifice ~ The Vampire D...

By StineSkar

'Book 2' The Vampire Diaries genderbent story. More

Cast
2x01 - The Return
2x02 - Brave New World
2x03 - Bad Moon Rising
2x07 - Masquerade
2x08 - Ross
2x09 - Kaspian
2x11 - By The Light Of The Moon
2x12 - The Descent
2x13 - Daddy Issues
2x14 - Crying Wolf
2x18 - The Last Dance
2x19 - Colette
2x20 - The Last Day
2x21 - The Sun Also Rises
2x22 - As I Lay Dying
Season 3
3x01 - The Birthday
3x02 - The Hybrid
3x03 - The End Of The Affair
3x04 - Disturbing Behavior
3x05 - The Reckoning
3x06 - Smells Like Teen Spirit
3x07 - Ghost World
3x08 - Ordinary People
3x09 - Homecoming
3x10 - The New Deal
3x11 - Our Town
3x12 - The Ties That Bind
3x13 - Bringing Out The Dead
3x14 - Dangerous Liaisons
3x15 - All My Children
3x16 - 1912
3x17 - Break On Through
3x18 - The Murder Of One
3x19 - Heart Of Darkness
3x20 - Do Not Go Gentle
3x21 - Before Sunset
3x22 - The Departed
Book 3

2x10 - The Sacrifice

239 2 0
By StineSkar

Picture of Zoey Deutch as Jemma Gilbert

Gilbert Residence

Eliot awakens from his slumber when he hears a noise coming from inside the house. His bedroom door is slightly ajar. Eliot lays back down, turns over in his bed, and shuts his eyes.

In the bathroom, a towel is rustled by movement. Jonas appears in the doorway, looking at Eliot. Eliot is jostled out of bed, once again, when he hears a door slamming loudly. He sits up in his bed. Jonas has disappeared from the bathroom.

Eliot gets out of bed and slowly walks across his room. He quietly opens his ajar door and walks out onto the landing. Eliot looks around for anything suspicious and quietly approaches Jemma's room, looking in through her ajar door.

Suddenly, Eliot hears a noise from behind her. He gasps and spins around. Althea, in her underwear with a men's shirt, has also been startled by Eliot's unexpected appearance on the landing. Eliot and Thea both try to catch their breath after the scare.

"Eliot. Ahem" Thea uses one hand to closes her shirt.

"I heard something" Eliot tells her.

Thea chuckles nervously. Eliot avoids her gaze, embarrassed. Jensen walks up the stairs, in just his underwear. He runs a hand through his hair, embarrassed as well. "That was us. I'm sorry"

In Eliot's bedroom, Jonas pulls out a handkerchief and collects some of Eliot's hair from his hairbrush.

"We didn't think anyone else was up" Thea tells him.

"But here you are" Jensen comments.

"We were just—" Thea and Jensen try to explain the situation to Eliot, but are failing in their attempt. Thea sighs and holds out the ice cream bowl to Eliot "Chunky Monkey?"

Back in Eliot's bedroom, Jonas also grabs some of Eliot's jewelry and places it in the handkerchief. He folds the handkerchief and places it in his coat pocket.

"Well..." Thea chuckles "I'm naked. So I'm gonna go" Thea walks past Eliot and into Jensen's bedroom, shutting the door behind her. Eliot starts to walk back towards his room.

Jensen, embarrassed, walks up the remainder of the stairs. "I'm really really sorry"

Eliot turns around when he reaches his doorway "It's okay, Jensen, don't worry about it"

"I know she's been staying over a lot. Are you – are you sure it's okay?" Jensen asks.

"Seems like things are good"

"They're extremely good" Jensen smiles.

"Then I'm extremely okay with it" Eliot smiles back.

Jonas, still in Eliot's bedroom, grabs a picture of Eliot in his football uniform, places it inside his jacket, and leaves the room quickly. Jensen and Eliot smile at each other and go back to their respective rooms.

Eliot gets into his bed. Jensen quietly hides in the bathroom, waiting for Eliot to shut his eyes. Eliot curls up in his blankets and drifts off to sleep. Jonas heads out of the bathroom, walks onto the landing, descends the stairs, and exits the house without a soul knowing he was there.

**********

Church Tomb

Demi and Stella walk down into the tomb and look at each other.

"let's do it" Demi tells her. They grab the stone door; Demi taking the right side and Stella taking the left side.

"1, 2, 3"

They pull the stone door off the entrance of the tomb.

**********

Gilbert Residence

Eliot opens the front door. Stella and Demi are standing on the front porch.

"Hey. Uh, can we talk?" Stella asks him.

"Why?"

"We went to see Kasper" Demi explains.

"Come on in" Eliot steps aside and Stella and Demi enter the house.

**********

Church Tomb

Demi and Stella successfully remove the stone door from the entrance of the tomb. They place it to the side and approach the entrance. Stella and Demi lean against the frame of the entrance, waiting for Kasper, who comes around the corner, looking hungry.

"Please...come on in. There's plenty of room for all of us"

"I'd rather poke my eyes out" Demi tells him.

"Mmm, they're such pretty eyes" Kasper pouts.

"We're here for the moonstone" Stella tells him.

"Feel like tossing it over?" Demi asks, sarcastically.

"Tell you what, you get your little warlock to hocus pocus me out of here, you can have whatever you want" Kasper tells them.

"I thought you liked it in here. Nice and safe where Colette can't get to you" Stella says.

"I've had time to reconsider"

"Meaning you're hunger" Demi comments.

"I'm starving, Demi. And dirty. But above all, I'm bored" Kasper has progressively gotten closer to the entrance, stumbling and grasping the wall as he does so "At least running from Colette wasn't boring – so here's the deal: you got me out of here, you get the moonstone and I'll disappear from Mystic Falls forever"

Stella and Demi look at each other. Kasper starts to walk away "Let me know what you decide" as he says this, he holds up the moonstone and stumbles back into recesses of the cave.

**********

Gilbert Residence

Eliot, Demi and Stella stand around the island in the kitchen, talking.

"You don't believe him, do you?" Eliot asks them.

"No, of course not. We just want the moonstone" Demi tells him.

"According to Ross's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Colette wants to break" Stella explains.

"No spell, no doppelganger sacrifice. Ergo, you live" Demi grins.

"How do you destroy it?" Eliot asks.

"By releasing it from the moonstone" Stella answers.

"How do you guys even know this is gonna work?"

"Cause we have a crafty warlock on our side" Demi tells him.

"You discussed it with Benny" Eliot says.

"He agreed to do anything he could to help us" Stella explains.

"It's Kasper who has the moonstone. He's not gonna give it to you"

"We're gonna get it from him" Stella promises.

"Well, what she means to say is, we will pray it form his cold, dead hands if we have to"

"Benny just needs to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, get the moonstone and get out in time for him to return it" Stella explains.

"wow. I mean, it sounds like you guys already have it all planned out"

"Yep. We're awesome" Demi smirks.

"Except for one thing. I don't want you to do it"

Stella and Demi exchange looks "What are you talking about? Eliot, we don't have a choice" Stella tells him.

"What about Colette?"

"We'll find her after we get the moonstone"

"Is that before or after she kills everyone that I care about, including the two of you" He points from Stella to Demi. The idea that Eliot cares about her startles Demi.

"Eliot, if we can de-spell the moonstone, we can save your life"

"I know. Everybody keeps saying that" Eliot gets up and leaves the room. Stella and Demi exchange a look again.

**********

Salvatore Boarding House

Eliot opens the front door to the house and walks in. he shuts the door behind him and looks around the hallway. Ross comes down the stairs, in just his underwear "It's not nice to leave a guy naked so early in the morning" he looks up and sees that it's Eliot, not Demi, standing in the hallway.

"Whoa. Sorry, I thought you were..."

Eliot looks away, embarrassed "I, uh, sorry, I..."

"There's no one else here"

"Actually, I came to talk to you" Eliot tells him.

"Then I should probably get dressed" Ross smiles broadly and walks back up the stairs.

**********

After Ross gets back, clothed, Eliot and he converse in the parlor room.

"It's a bad idea" Ross tells him.

"No, it's not. From what Stella told me, your friend Slater obviously has more information about Colette. You and Demi just gave up before you got it" Eliot tells him.

"Because somebody blew up a coffee shop with us in it" Ross reminds him.

"There's more to learn. We just have to find a way to learn it"

"Why are you coming to me with this?" Ross asks.

"Because you owe me. One word from me, and Demi and Stella could have killed you for kidnapping me" Eliot tells him.

"Or maybe It's because you know that they wouldn't want you doing this. And their moonstone caper gives you a chance to sneak away"

"We're having a disagreement, okay? They're willing to risk everyone that I love and I'm not" Eliot tells him.

"They're just trying to protect you"

"And you've proven that you couldn't care less whether I'm protected or not. So, we're back to you taking me to Slater"

Ross sits down on the couch next to Eliot. "What exactly do you hope to achieve by this?"

"How would you like to be able to walk during the daylight?" Eliot asks.

"I've been a slave to shadows for 500 years, what do you think?" Ross reminds him.

"I think I know a warlock who's willing to do whatever it takes to help, if you're willing to make a deal"

**********

Slater's Residence

Eliot and Ross park the car in an underground parking lot below Slater's apartment. They ascend the staircase to the apartment. Ross bangs his fist on the door while Eliot stands nearby. "Slater? Slater, it's Ross. Open up!"

After a brief moment, Ross looks over at Eliot. "He's not home. Sorry"

"Mm-mm. No. We didn't come all the way out here for nothing"

Ross sighs and pushes the doors open using his vampire strength. Eliot looks inside the apartment and Ross gestured into the room "After you"

Eliot walks into the apartment with Ross following suit. Ross wanders farther into the apartment than Eliot does, looking for Slater "Slater?" as Ross moves towards the back of the apartment, he looks through a doorway and his face falls in shock.

"I don't think he's gonna be much help" Eliot rushes over to where Ross is standing and gasps at the sight of Slater's dead body. Ross walks over to Slater's body and drags it away.

Eliot, regaining his composure, walks over to Slater's computer desk and picks up a bunch of papers. "Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop found him and killed him for his information."

Ross walks up behind Eliot and watches as Eliot shuffles through the papers. "Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us. The guy was a vampire almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass"

Eliot shuffles through a few more papers before picking up a framed photo. Ross walks over to a set of windows and pulls back the curtains, startling Eliot. "What are you...?"

"Tempered glass. U.V. rays can't penetrate" Ross looks out the window "I used to just come here and watch the day"

Eliot looks down at the framed photo which contains a picture of Slater and a girl. He looks back up at Ross. "I'm sorry about Slater"

"Any luck?"

Eliot places the photo back on the desk and attempts to log into one of the computers "Um...it's password protected. I can't get in"

"No, this is fine. Let's just go"

Suddenly, they hear a doorknob rattling from inside the apartment. "Stay here" Ross walks past Eliot and opens a set of doors. He peers into the small hallway and sees a girl hiding behind a corner.

"Alice?"

"Ross!" Alice, crying heavily, rushes towards Ross and embraces him "He's dead!"

**********

Ross rubs Alice's hand comfortingly as Alice tries to regain her composure. Ross gets up and walks into another room where Eliot is pouring hot water into teacups. Ross sits down next to Eliot. "She found him a few minutes before we did"

"How is she?" Eliot asks.

"Overreacting. Big time"

"Her boyfriend just died. There's no such thing as overreacting" Eliot tells him, shocked.

"Those tears are for her. She didn't care about Slater" Eliot looks at Ross, curiously. "She was only dating him long enough to see if he'd turn her" Ross explains.

Eliot turns around and looks at Alice. Grabbing the cup of tea, Eliot walks out of the room towards Alice and hands her the cup.

"Thank you" Alice takes the cup of tea as Eliot sits down next to her. Alice looks at him with an air of familiarity. "You look really familiar. Did you know Slater?"

"Not personally, no. I just knew that he kept detailed records of all of his vampire contacts and I was hoping that he could point me towards Colette"

"Doubtful. Colette doesn't want to be pointed at" Alice scoffs.

"Do you know Slater's computer password?" Eliot asks.

"Are you seriously asking me that right now? I just saw my boyfriend with a stake through his heart"

"I understand that. Do you know his password?"

"Who do you think you are?" Alice looks away from Eliot and takes a sip of her tea. Eliot looks over at Ross and his eyes light up with an idea. Eliot looks back at Alice.

"What if I could convince Ross to turn you?" Alice looks back up at him. Ross, hearing what Eliot has said, looks over at him, disdainfully. "Will you show us his files then?"

Alice has managed to log on to Slater's computer, but all the files have been deleted. Eliot and Ross stand behind her, watching. "Someone's been here. The hard drive's completely wiped out"

"Yeah, probably whoever killed him" Ross says.

Eliot runs a hand over his face and turns away.

"Lucky for you, Slater was paranoid. Everything's backed up on a remote server"

Ross turns back to speak to Eliot "You know she's not going anywhere near my blood, right?" He speaks softly.

"I know. She doesn't" Eliot walks past Ross, who smiles at Eliot's deception. Eliot leans down next to Alice to look at the computer screen.

"Kristen Stewart. God, was he obvious"

"These are all leads to vampires?" Eliot asks, looking at the screen.

Alice continues scrolling through the files. "Slater was obsessed. Almost as much as me"

"What about that one? Cody Webber. They exchanged dozens of emails about Elinor" Ross points out.

"I could call him" Alice offers.

Eliot hands the phone over to Alice "Tell him that we're trying to send a message to Colette. The doppelganger is alive and he's ready to surrender"

"What?!"

"Oh, my god, I knew I recognized you"

"Get him the message, please" Eliot quickly walks out of the room. Ross follows him out. Eliot places his hands on a table and exhales heavily. Ross enters the room.

"What are you doing?" Ross asks him.

"I'm getting Colette's attention"

"If Colette knows that you're alive, she'll find you and she'll kill you" Eliot looks back at Roos, but doesn't respond "Which is exactly what you wanted all along"

"It's either me or my family"

"So this whole charade is some suicide mission so that you could sacrifice yourself and save everyone else?"

Alice enters the room "Cody is on his way and he really wants to meet you"

Ross shuts his eyes and sighs.

**********

Martin's Residence

Jonas has laid out all of Eliot's trinkets that he stole from his bedroom on a table. Elinor sits across from Jonas "So how exactly does this spell work?"

"Give me your hand" Jonas has a silver knife in his hand. Elinor extends her hand out, palm facing up, and Jonas slices it open with the blade. "Place it here"

Elinor places her bloody palm face down on the picture of Eliot in his football uniform. "Now, take my hand" Jonas extends his hand to Elinor who takes it "Close your eyes. Relax your mind. And look for him" Elinor shuts her eyes. Jonas follows suit and begins chanting a spell in Latin.

**********

Eliot is gazing out a window. Suddenly, he sees Elinor's reflection walking towards him in the window. Eliot gasps and turns around. He sees no one else in the room with him. Confused, he turns back and looks at the window and back into the room again.

**********

Elinor's eyes fly open. "You saw him, didn't you?"

"I know exactly where he is"

**********

Slater's Residence

Eliot walks into the main room, sipping on a glass of water. He looks over at Alice, then turns around and gasps because Demi has snuck up from behind him.

"What are you doing here?" Demi asks.

"What are you doing here?" Eliot asks back.

Ross enters the room. Eliot turns around and looks at him angrily. "You called her?"

"I'm sorry, Eliot"

"You said that you understood"

"He lied" Demi tells him.

Eliot turns around and looks at Demi. Alice walks up to them and is star struck seeing Demi. "Demi Salvatore!"

"Get rid of her" Demi tells Ross.

"No...way!" Ross grabs Alice's arm and leads her out of the room.

"Come on. We're leaving" Demi tells Eliot.

"No"

"I said we're leaving"

"I'm not going with you" Eliot argues.

"You do not get to make decisions anymore"

"When have I ever made a decision? You and Stella do that for me. Now this, this is my decision"

"Who's gonna save your life while you're out making decision?" Demi asks.

"You're not listening to me, Demi. I don't want to be saved. Not if it means that Colette is gonna kill every single person that I love"

"Get your ass out the door before I throw you over my shoulder and carry you out myself" Demi grasps his arm tightly. Eliot struggles and releases himself from her grip.

"No!" Eliot throws a punch at Demi. Demi clutches his fist in her hand and moves in towards him. Eliot gasps in shock.

"Don't ever do that again" Demi releases his fist from her grasp and walks away. Eliot stands there, horrified.

**********

Demi opens a set of double doors and exits the bedroom. Eliot and Ross look at her from their seats in the living area. "Time to go. Alice is soundly sleeping and won't remember a moment of this horribly stupid day"

Suddenly, the front doors burst open and three men walk into the apartment. Demi turns her head to look at them as Ross and Eliot stand up.

"We're here to meet the doppelganger"

"Thank you for coming" Eliot attempts to walk towards them, but Demi pushes him back.

"I will break your arm" She whispers to him. She looks at Cody "There's nothing here for you"

The man in the back suddenly drops to the floor, dead. Elinor stands behind him. The other two vampires look back at Elinor. She vamp-speeds towards them, looking from one to the other. Ross gasps and vamp-speeds out of the apartment. Elinor looks over at Eliot and Demi.

"I killed you. You were dead" Demi tells her, surprised.

"For centuries now" Elinor looks back at Cody "Who are you?"

"Who are you?" He asks back.

"I'm Elinor"

"We were gonna bring him to you. For Colette. He's the doppelganger. I don't know how he exists, but he does. Colette will want to see him"

"Does anyone else know that you're here?" She asks him.

"No"

"Well, then, you have been incredibly helpful" Elinor plunges her arms into the two vampire's chests. They grunt as Elinor rips their hearts out. The two vampires fall to the floor, dead, and Elinor lets their hearts drop from her hands.

Demi prepares to fight with Elinor, but Elinor shocks them, by turning around and vamp-speeds out of the apartment. Demi looks back at Eliot, both of them with shocked expressions on their faces.

**********

Gilbert Residence

Demi and Eliot walk up the steps to the front porch. "Thank you for bringing me home" Eliot sighs.

"Well, your ride left you. I didn't want leave you stranded" Demi and Eliot stop at the front door and turn to face each other.

"He was just scared. He didn't mean to run"

"Yes, he did. He's been running for 500 years" Demi tells him.

"I can't believe Elinor's alive. Why do you think she killed those two vampires and just let us go?" Eliot asks.

"If I had a dollar for every time some evil vampire surprised me"

Eliot walks towards the door, but Demi catches his arm before he opens it and turns him around so he faces her. "What you did today was incredibly stupid"

"Actually, the only thing that was stupid was that I got caught" Eliot wriggles his arm out of her grasp and she lets him go "I don't question why you and Stella and everyone else tries so hard to save me. You shouldn't question why I would try to save all of you"

Jemma opens the front door.

"Demi, good night, okay?" Eliot is about to enter the house but stops when he sees Jemma. Demi looks at her.

"What?" Demi asks.

"It's Stella"

**********

Church Tomb

Eliot bolts down the stairs of the tomb. He rushes towards the cave and looks in, but sees no one. "Stella! Stella!" Eliot is about to enter the cave when Demi comes up from behind him, grabs him, and pins him against the wall.

"Don't you dare" She warns him.

"Stella's in there, Demi! How could you let this happen?"

"What are you talking about? I was too busy saving you from your crazy kamikaze mission"

Stella and Kasper are in the back of the cave, listening to Eliot and Demi argue. Stella paces around.

"You didn't even have to go after the moonstone in the first place!"

"It was the right call, Eliot"

"The right call? How was any of this the right call?!" Eliot hits Demi's chest with his fists. "Demi, let go of me! Demi, let go of me! Let go of me! Let go of me!" Eliot repeatedly beats his fist into Demi's chest, who keeps a calm face and restrains him.

Eliot becomes tired and desperately looks up at Demi. "Please"

"Are you done?"

Eliot breathes heavily. Demi releases him from her grip and backs up. Eliot looks into the cave and starts to move towards it. Demi holds her hand up to block his way. "Don't" Eliot snarls at Demi and stomps out of the tomb in rage.

Demi watches him go then looks back into the cave. Stella walks over to the entrance "Of all the idiot plans, Stella"

"yeah"

"I'll find a way to get you out"

"Ah, it's all right. I'll handle myself. Benny has the moonstone. Work with him. Try to figure out how to de-spell it" Stella tells her.

"You martyr yourself in a tomb and I get partnered with a semi-competent warlock. Wonderful"

"Keep Eliot away from here"

"Yeah. Cause that'll be easy" Demi snorts.

"Promise me. No matter what happens. You'll protect him"

"Promise" Demi promises. She leaves the tomb. Kasper emerges from the shadows and looks at Stella.

"That right there was the biggest mistake you've ever made" Stella silently walks past him into the recesses of the cave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 117 14
"First i was rushing for a wait," The vampire diaries 2x07 - 4x23 Book 1 of Larisa Lisbon series
37.4K 1.3K 51
s2 - 4 the vampire diaries Oc x Elijah Mikaelson The Originals x Teen Wolf crossover (new at this not sure how it will go) Book 1 of 2
13 0 11
The vampire diaries Season 2
51.2K 1.3K 19
Sequel to Emma Gilbert.