Past's Lovers

Od kxkeesic101

Determined to help her friends on the battlefield, Naru takes a shortcut through an unknown dense forest. Bes... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 11

8.1K 337 120
Od kxkeesic101

"How was your day, Kit?" Kurama asked the blonde as she entered the cottage. It was nearing 8pm and he had just put Jiraiya to sleep. Shifting over on the couch when Naruto slumped next to him and rested her head in his lap. Kurama chuckled. "Hard?"

"Damn straight, Dattebayo." Naruto muttered as she tossed an arm over her eyes. "Everything feels weird. It's like a bright sunny day on one side and a destructive hurricane on the other. This is really hard, Kurama. Everything's so fucked up."

Kurama hummed in thought as he drummed his fingers on Naruto's middle. "Well we are in the past for a reason, Kit. To end the war and whatnot."

"I know." She muttered. "I know what I have to do when we meet Madara in our time. The only thing I need is time and privacy with Madara. That's all I need."

"What do you plan on doing? Will you still hold onto his last request?"

Naruto released a slow breath as her eyes pricked in sadness. "I don't know...I don't know if I can do it. Even if I did promise him..." Taking haggard breathes as Kurama soothed her hair. He was patient with her whenever she was confused like this. "Kurama..." She hoarsed out tiredly.

"Hmmm..."

"Why does it hurt?" she voice quietly as a tear slipped down her whiskered cheek. "Why does it hurt whenever I think about Madara?" Pulling her arm up and gazed up to the bracelet through glazed blue eyes.

Kurama was looking to the bracelet intently. Grabbing hold of Naruto's wrist lightly and looked over the three beads. "White, red and black huh?" His nose picking up a familiar scent and told Naruto as he swiftly changed the subject. "The red bead...it had his blood." Turning Naruto's wrist and twisted the other two beads. "The black and white have small Fūinjutsu on them. I've never seen a design like this though."

"W-what...?" Naruto muttered and took a closer look at the black and white beads. "This...this is the Uzumaki swirl, Kurama." Looking to her partner in surprise and sat up suddenly. "Mito-ba-chan!" Naruto cursed under her breath when she heard Jiraiya crying and gave Kurama a guilty look. "I'll get him." Heading into Jiraiya's room and picked him up from his crib. Holding him close as she rocked back and forth on her feet. Turning and saw Kurama leaning against the door frame. "This is important, Kurama."

"I know it is. Let's go." Holding up Jiraiya's baby bag with a foxy grin. "Dress for the job, Kit. Your clothes are laid out on your bed." Holding his hands out for Jiraiya and was surprised when the child actually came to him.

Naruto squeezed Kurama's shoulder. "We will get answers, Kurama." Ruffling Jiraiya's hair and enjoyed the coo he got from him. "Be nice while we're there."

"Uh-huh mama." Jiraiya smiled a toothy grin and placed a slobbery kiss on Naruto's cheek before cuddling into Kurama's chest. "Papa and 'Raiya wait for mama." He nodded.

Naruto just stared at Jiraiya before she started snickering.

Kurama rolled his eyes. "Get changed, Brat before I kick you 50 years into the future." Watching as Naruto rushed into her room and looked down at the brat in his arms with a stern look. "What was that for, Toad? Didn't we agree not to say that word around Kit?"

Jiraiya blew a raspberry at the Kyūbi without fear. "'Raiya not listen to papa."

Kurama gave the child a rough noggin. "Damn brat. Respect your elders. I'm as old as the moon."

"Jiji-papa." Jiraiya muttered under his breath and giggled when he heard his papa growl at him.

Both entering the living room area as Kurama sucked in his breath and blew out the fire in one breath. "You ready?" Kurama turned with Jiraiya still in arms as they saw Naruto. Kurama whistle as Jiraiya clapped his hands. "I take it you like it." Naruto smirked. She wore a chainmail underneath a tight-fitted black shirt with a slim fitting orange & black jacket with a pair of fitted orange shorts that ended above her knees and knee-high black heeled shinobi sandals and had a black nameless Hitai-ate tied around her neck. Her weapon pouches in all the right places and put on black fingerless gloves. Tying her hair up in a simple ponytail that allowed her bangs to frame her face and smiled happily to the males before her.

Kurama tossed over Jiraiya's baby bag and wrapped the kid up in a thick blanket. "The toad's album is in there too."

Naruto looked into the bag and pulled out the photo album. A warm smile gracing her lips as she flipped through the memorable photos. Pulling out a black felt tip pen and wrote in neat calligraphy on the front page.

To my dearest toad, Jiraiya.

You may not remember me now, but I promise you one day we will meet.

The memories in here are as real as you and me, even if those in them don't remember.

I must ask to keep my identity a secret till we meet again.

Never forget that you were loved by both your adoptive father and I.

We wish we had longer to spend with you, but time is against us.

Please take care of yourself and live life with no regrets.

Love always, Naruto Uzumaki and Kurama. (=*o*=)

Kurama leaned over Naruto's shoulder and took the pen from her.

Kurama Kyūbi.

PS-That's right you troublesome little shit! The Kyūbi took care of your puny ass. The handsome and devilish red head that you called 'papa' oh-so passionately. Don't forget about me you dumbass toad.

Naruto sighed up at Kurama and was pleased when Kurama placed a blood seal on it for Jiraiya, her and Kurama to be able to read. "He better appreciate that the great Kyūbi helped raised him." Kurama huffed as he pulled on Jiraiya's chubby baby cheeks. "And you better turn into a damn splendid shinobi like the perverted hermit I know, Brat."

Naruto shook her head and took Jiraiya from Kurama's arms as he slipped the album back into the bag. "He will be, Kurama. This is Ero-Sennin we're talking about..." She punched Kurama in the gut suddenly. "That's for making him more perverted than he already is at a young age."

Kurama wheezed and grabbed hold of Naruto's arm. "Just...get moving, Kit."

Naruto rolled her eyes and closed them. Searching out Mito's chakra and located her at the Senju compound. She was sitting on a bench in the garden staring at the Koi pond. Naruto frowned at this with all three disappearing in a flash. Reappearing in front of Mito and saw that she wasn't shocked to see them there. "So it's true. You placed the Fūinjutsu on the bracelet Madara gave me." Handing Jiraiya over to her Bijū and took a seat next to Mito.

Kurama took that as his queue to wonder around the garden with Jiraiya. He couldn't sense that anybody would disturb them...considering there was also a privacy barrier around the garden that had Mito's chakra all over it.

Mito took in a deep breath and released it slowly. Watching as the fish swam in the Koi pond freely. "Yes, I did. Madara...he had come to me of his own free will and requested to make that bracelet of yours." She slid her hand into Naruto's and felt the blonde squeezed her hand. "I've never seen Madara frustrated before in all my years knowing him nor have I seen him beg." Mito looked down at Naruto's wrist and inspected her handwork as she explained to Naruto. "The blood of Madara's is the key for the seals on the black and white. It's a protection charm. To keep you safe from him. The last thing Madara wanted was to hurt you and if he saw you right now, would break his already shattered heart further." Running a thumb under Naruto's swollen eye. "This bracelet is to protect you from all Uchiha from his direct line. This includes his son."

Naruto's eyes widen. "Son? He has a kid?"

Mito nodded. "He should be around your age. He's should be 18 this coming spring." She chuckled at Naruto's hesitation and patted her hand. "Age means nothing to shinobi, dear. Even if Madara was in his 60's and still harboured the love he has for you right now, it wouldn't matter to us shinobi. Love is love. We should grab it while we have it and Madara did just that by giving you this gift."

Naruto was confused. "Do you know why he left?"

"His clan turned their back on him. That can crush any person's pride, Naruto. He couldn't simply handle that and if he were to ever clash with Konoha shinobi or even you; he at least wanted you to be safe from his at all costs. A job is a job."

"She doesn't know. Madara lied to her." Naruto mused and nodded at her Aunt's words. "I think...I think I understand now." Gazing to the bracelet with a soft smile. "Although he's a brute, Madara had his good qualities too." She ears picking up the giggles of Jiraiya and spotted Jiraiya pointing at the scowling Kurama that was kneeling before the infant.

Mito saw the look in Naruto's eyes and whispered. "You make a great mother, Naruto. Jiraiya-kun is lucky to have you. Maybe he should have a playdate with my granddaughter, Tsunade."

"Maybe..." Naruto giggled as she shook her head fondly. "Thanks for your time, Ba-chan." Standing up and picked up the giggling Jiraiya that was running away from the angry Kurama. Feeling Mito's barrier fall and looked up at Kurama. Having a silent conversation with him and smirked when he sighed in defeat. Handing Jiraiya over and suddenly disappeared in a yellow flash. "The Uchiha compound." She muttered. It was already nine and quickly snuck into the compound. It wasn't hard considering she used to prank these people before Itachi happened. The layout and security detail hadn't changed one bit in the past 50 years. It was all still the same.

Naruto kept to the shadows, even if she was in orange and was up against the sharingan, her stealth skills were number one. If Madara was the clan head, then she would need to head over to the largest home in the compound. She wanted to meet Madara's son and check up on something. Landing inside of the main house's garden and stood up slowly.

"So you must be the woman my father is in-love with." A smooth and clear voice was heard from behind Naruto.

Naruto already knew he was there. Madara's son. She turned slowly with her eyes widening in shock. "Itachi..."

"You must have me confused with another. I am Tamaki Uchiha." The teenage voiced as she stepped out of the shadows with his sharingan activated. Dressed in a formal black kimono and held a regal and commanding air around him. Yeah, he was definitely Madara's son. Especially with the spiky hair that hung over an eye.

Naruto looked a closer looked and realised it wasn't Itachi. The chakra was different, but Madara's son definitely had the same face as Itachi. She took a deep breath and addressed the current head of the Uchiha clan. "Yes, I am that woman. Naruto Uzumaki."

"Uzumaki." Tamaki allowed her name to roll off his lips. "Interesting. I never took my father to even associate with the Uzumaki clan. Especially with a woman as flashy as you are. Mother will be surly disappointed."

Naruto knew he had just insulted her and bit back the urge to throw one back. She wasn't here to argue. "I'm sorry I don't live up to your expectations, but I've come to ask about your father."

Tamaki released a deep chuckled and took a step forward. "No, you live up to my expectations. You are the complete opposite of what the Uchiha head is supposed to find in a wife. You're unrefined, loud, flashy, speak your mind, you lack grace and you seem to want to hit me after what I have previously said."

"You're right. I do want to hit you." Naruto muttered and earned another chuckle from the Uchiha.

"I see why my father was taken by you. You are refreshing from the day to day lifestyle of an Uchiha." Tamaki smirked. "Now, what can I help you with about my father, Madara Uchiha?"

Naruto treaded carefully with Tamaki as she asked. "I will assume that you've noticed Madara's night outings and sudden outbursts." Gaining a nod from the regal son. "Do...do you remember when it first started? The subtle changes or anything."

Tamaki looked deep within those burning blue orbs and smirked. "I believe you already know the answer to that question, Uzumaki. I guess I can only confirm your suspicions. My turn for a question." He saw the blonde nod. "What do you plan on doing to my father? I know that he has defected from the village."

Naruto stood up taller and said clearly without hesitation. "I plan to kill him like he wants me to. There is only way I know how to. Will you stop me from killing your father?" She waited patiently for Tamaki's answer as he stood there staring right into her.

"I see that you care for my father. More than my mother ever has considering not once she had tried to stop him from leaving or abandoning his foolish plans. My mother...she was once the lover of Izuna...father's younger brother. By blood, I am Madara's son, but my mother only sees me as Izuna's child. I have no relation to a dead man that fell by a Senju's hand. I know that my father is a good man, but my clan and mother see otherwise. If I could, I would kill my father myself to put him out of his misery, but my clan and this village comes first. I will leave my crazed father up to you to end, Naruto Uzumaki." He saw the bracelet on her hand and smiled a little. "I see my father cares for you a lot. Not once had he given my mother a gift." He held up his wrist to show her a silver bracelet with the crest of the Uchiha clan. "My father gave this to me before he left." Unhooking the bracelet and tossed it over to the blonde. "Would you give that to him when you see him again? Tell him that I have forgiven him for leaving. A man has to do what a man has to do."

Naruto looked over the bracelet critically before placing it safely within her weapons pouch. "You're a good son, Tamaki." She whispered and looked up to him. "I promise I'll give it to him and to stop him."

Tamaki smiled. "I know you will. Although everlasting peace will never be attained as long as there is a shinobi system, I believe that one day peace will be attained once the five great nations unite as one."

"You remind me so much of my friend, Itachi. He was smart like you and didn't let his love or hatred blind him." Naruto commented.

Tamaki chuckled. "He is a wise friend then." He bowed. "Please take care of my father."

Naruto nodded with determination in her eyes. "You got it." Leaping away from the Uchiha's land.

Tamaki stood to his full height and took a deep breath. Looking to the night sky and saw that a full moon was out. "Father...what happened to you? Has death of a loved one made you go mad in revenge?" Walking back into his home and saw his wife sitting on the bed waiting for him. He saw the large swell in her middle and smiled. A new life, a new beginning.

Naruto:

Naruto slipped out of the Uchiha compound and didn't immediately flash back to Kurama and Jiraiya. Walking along the quiet streets of Konoha and soon found her-self before the new erected memorial stone. There were only a handful of names on it currently. Naruto sat down with a heavy sigh. "I feel so old. Life is cruel yet it has its happy moments." She was talking to the heroes carved into the stone. "Everything is so hard right now and I don't know how to feel about that. I mean, I'm still a kid growing up. I've come here, meet awesome people, became a mother figure to my future godfather and my heart has been going doki-doki like those shojou manga Sakura and Ino have shown me. I enjoy spending my time here, but I miss my friends back home. My dream is to become Hokage. I want to end this war quickly so that everybody can see their families & family and stuff."

Naruto tugged on her hair in frustration. "Argh. Everything is so confusing!" ruffling up her hair in confusion. "I mean, first there's Tobirama and then there's Madara. My mind in on overdrive because of those two and everything inside of me feels great and bad at the same time. Like what they hell is going on with me? Everything is so confusing!" Naruto ranted to the stone. Just staring at the stone before her and got lost in her thoughts. She felt like she was close to discovering something.

Kurama:

"Where the heck is she? It's been over two hours." Kurama was pacing back and forth in front of Mito, baby Tsunade, baby Jiraiya, Hashirama, Hiruzen and Tobirama. He was worried. "Who does that brat think she is?! It's almost midnight too! What the hell?!"

Mito sweatdropped at the ranting man and tried to calm him down. "Naruto will be back here soon, Kurama. Where did she go anyway?" Kurama's worrying had woken up everybody in the house and was glad that Jiraiya was occupied by playing with Tsunade.

Kurama paused in his pacing and growled a little. "I knew I should've gone with her. The brat's is always doing reckless things on her own! I'm surprised she hasn't destroyed a house yet."

"If Naru-chan isn't here by 11.30 then we should go look for her." Hiruzen mentioned. He had come over to help set up for Naru's birthday tomorrow. It was going to be a nice dinner and everything. He even had his present in hand.

"No. She will return on her own." Kurama muttered. He knew where she was going and didn't trust himself by heading to the Uchiha compound. He might...just maybe...quite possibly eat a few of them. "Naruto will return on her own." He pointed looked at the Nidaime for this.

Naruto:

Naruto snapped out of her musing when she felt something jolt in her heart. "It can't be..." she muttered and looked to Madara's gift to her. Her eyes swelled up in joy and hugged herself. "I see now...I understand." Standing up and took a deep breath as a soft smile touched her lips with her eyes shimmering in affection and fondness. "I see now. I understand." Looking up to the stars and saw that the moon was full. Electricity coursed through her body and felt her spine tingle in joy as she thought of Madara. "I wish I told you sooner. Maybe you would've stayed to see my birthday to give me your gift, Madara." She felt tears stream down her checks and recalled Tamaki's words to her.

"I see that you care for my father. More than my mother ever has..."

Naruto snorted in amusement as the moon's glow caught her eyes in a trance. "Why didn't I notice this sooner? It must've been hard on you, Madara. I'm sorry for not noticing earlier." She looked to her hand as a familiar jolt of pain coursed through her body. Naruto's eyes widen. "W-what...?" she began to panic and searched out Kurama's chakra and within a heartbeat, flashed over to him...or more like, into him and collided with the ground. "Argh...shit sorry." Naruto muttered.

"Naruto Uzumaki! You better explain where you have been!" Kurama voiced dangerously yet stopped his planned lecture once he saw the look in her eyes. "What? What happened, Naruto?!"

Naruto noticed everybody looking at her and gulped. Facing Kurama and said seriously. "It's time..."

Kurama's eyes widen in shock. "What?" He suddenly felt a familiar jolt of pain through his body and cursed under his breath. Checking the time and saw that it was 10 minutes till the 10th of October. Kurama realised what Naruto did. "You understand now. Are you sure you understand, Naruto?"

Naruto nodded with a sad smile. "Yeah...I do. I understand." Getting off Kurama's lap and made a reach for Jiraiya. Smiling softly when he came into her arms without question and moved over to Hiruzen that was there. She sighed in relief and handed the confused child over to Hiruzen. "Promise me...promise me right now that you will take care of him." She was dead serious and ignored the pain in her body and the crying Jiraiya that wanted her back.

"Naru-chan...?" Hiruzen began.

"Answer me." Naruto commanded.

Hiruzen nodded. "You have my word." Seeing her smile in relief as she handed over Jiraiya's baby bag. Hiruzen's eyes widen as he understood what she meant. "You're leaving! Now!"

The Senju family stiffened.

Naruto stood up to her full height as Kurama took his place beside her and morphed back into a fox. Naruto offered a sad smile. "Sorry, but I have no choice. This would've been easier if none of you knew..." going through a few handsigns the Elder toad taught her and tapped Hiruzen's head with a soft smile. "You...you will remember me. When we meet again, everything will be different. Everything will be confusing to you once I leave with Kurama, but understand that I am real and our memories are real even if everybody else forgets. You will remember me. Keep an eye out on Jiraiya while I'm gone. The next time we meet, I won't know you, but you will know me. When we meet again, you will understand." She leaned back.

"I...I don't u-understand..." Hiruzen cried out as he held tightly onto the wailing Jiraiya that wanted Naruto.

"Naruto, what's going on?" Tobirama spoke up. "Weren't we going to spend your birthday together? Make it unforgettable? Why are you speaking like we're never going to see each other again? You promised to come back."

"And I will." Naruto voiced strongly as her spine jolted in shock. Checking the time and saw that 8 minutes were left. "Just not when you're expecting me to come back."

Mito rushed over to Naruto, but was stopped by Kurama. "Naruto! Please explain to us!"

"There's no point. You won't remember us. Like we never existed." Kurama explained bluntly. "We thank you for your hospitality and your kindness. You treated us as if we were family and this will always be appreciated. We're sorry for lying to you all."

Hiruzen stood up with Jiraiya in his arms and moved slowly over to Naruto. "I still don't understand...but what about your birthday? I have your present." Handing over his gift.

Naruto took the gift in surprise with her eyes watering in shock. "Earrings." They were small silver studs, but she could tell that they were handmade by Hiruzen. She reached over and ruffled his head and noticed that her arm was glowing brightly. "I love them, Jiji." She slipped out and confused the boy further. "Take good care of Ero-Sennin for me." She noticed that Kurama was glowing too.

5 minutes remained.

Hashirama held Mito back and shook his head. He finally understood why Naruto was holding back from them. She wasn't from here.

Tobirama couldn't believe what was happening before his eyes. "N-Naruto...I c-can see through you..." taking a step forward.

"Yeah..." Naruto muttered sadly. "I'm sorry for lying to you, but everything I've said to you is true. I really like you, Tobirama and I'm sorry for hurting you like this. But this will be the last time we will see each other."

Tobirama reached out for Naruto and pulled her close to his frame as tears slid out form his eyes. His heart was breaking as he found it difficult for him to breathe. "So this is what you meant...if you suddenly disappeared? I didn't think you'd mean literally. You're so cruel to me, Naruto." He could feel himself shaking in her embrace.

Naruto wrapped her arms around Tobirama tightly as she inhaled his scent. It was already committed to memory, but this would be the last time she would catch his scent. "I know..." she whispered sadly as a tear fell from her eyes. "I won't forget you, Tobirama. Everything I've felt for you is real and I'm sorry I've taken so long to realise this." Pulling back and held his face within her hands. "Forever, remember?"

2 minutes.

Tobirama nodded as he could feel Naruto's warmth fading. "Forever." Quickly pulling out his gift and slipped it on Naruto's finger. It was a pure silver ring with their initials and clan insignias. "Never forget me, Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze."

Naruto looked to the ring and sobbed. "You're an idiot, Tobirama." She pulled his face close and connected foreheads. "But you're my idiot and always will be. I'm sorry for causing the pain in your heart, but it will go away, I promise."

Tobirama grabbed tightly onto her hands that rested on his face. "I don't want to forget you, Naruto. I love you!"

"I know..." Naruto took a haggard breath. "I know...but you can't remember me. I want you to be happy, Tobirama..." Her hand was becoming more transparent and smiled confidently at Tobirama. "You will be a splendid Hokage one day, Tobirama. I know you will." Leaning forward and placed a gentle and chaste kiss on his lips that conveyed all of her feelings. Muttering into his lips as tears slid down her whiskered cheeks. "I love you, Tobirama Senju." She disappeared completely.

Hiruzen jolted in shock as the clock struck midnight. It was October 10th. Looking around and saw the blank looks in everybody's eyes as Jiraiya was still crying in his arms.

"Oi Saru? Why do you have a kid?" Tobirama asked and ruffled the toddler's spiky white hair. "What are you doing here so late too? You should head home before you get scolded."

Hiruzen's eyes widen in shock. "What about Naruto?"

"Naruto?" Hashirama frowned in confusion. "Who is that? What an odd name?" Wrapping an arm around Mito's waist as she held the sleeping Tsunade. "Is he a friend of yours?"

"It's a she." Hiruzen muttered and slightly understood what Naruto meant by only he would remember. Patting Jiraiya's back and grabbed the toddler's bag. "I better head home." Leaving the compound and headed towards the Senju cottage. He took a deep breath and entered the place. It was bare. Like nobody had lived in it for the past days. There was even dust lining the floors. Hiruzen dropped to his knees and cried as Jiraiya rushed around the place screaming out mama and papa. "So it wasn't a dream..." Hiruzen pulled the broken hearted kid into a tight embrace and knocked over the baby bag.

Their eyes picking up on an album that fell out of the bag and looked at one another. Hiruzen reaching over and picked up the album and opened it. Seeing a small note addressed to him.

Dear Hiru-chan,

If you find this, please give this to Jiraiya when he becomes an official genin.

He deserves to know that he's loved.

Naru. 3 xx

Hiruzen opened the album and choked on his tears as he looked over the photos with Jiraiya. She was real. Naruto Uzumaki was real.

Present Day: Kurama and Naruto

Naruto was gazing up to the treeline before her as her body ached all over. Kurama was back in her seal. Forcing her arm up and sobbed when she saw the sparkling ring and weaved bracelet. It was all real. She was back in the war.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

18.7K 606 7
Shisui Uchiha expected to get caught and his remaining eye to be stolen, so he was ready to die. What he didn't expect was to be rescued by a feisty...
662K 19.7K 38
After encountering a strange shinobi, Boruto and Sarada are send back in the past. TIME TRAVEL FANFICTION [Completed]{Under Editing}
10.1K 138 12
A post-war fanfiction. Naruto has a secret. He had never told anyone, and he liked it that way. He was the Hokage, and this kind of information could...
6.1K 230 9
Sasuke and Naruto was somehow sent into the past a few moments after they encountered an Enemy Nin at their mission of the Waves. They were sent into...