Past's Lovers

By kxkeesic101

Determined to help her friends on the battlefield, Naru takes a shortcut through an unknown dense forest. Bes... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 6

9.5K 367 75
By kxkeesic101

XXXX

"Can...can I help you?" Naruto deadpanned at the two genin before her. She thought it would be a good idea to go sightseeing around Konoha after the Senju left her place and so she could be alone with her thoughts. But it seems luck isn't on her side today as Koharu and Homaru had jumped her and had her backed up against an alley wall with grim faces.

Koharu stepped forward and said in an icy tone as possible. "Stay away from Tobirama-sensei and the Senju family. Even if you are an Uzumaki, you're still an outside."

"Ah I see." Naruto hummed and took the edgy genin seriously. "I agree with you, but since I'm on probation, your sensei is my overseer and I can't simply just stay away from him as you have requested. That can only happen once I get the green light. As for the Senju family, they would find it suspicious if I suddenly gave them the cold shoulder, but I understand your concern. I am indeed an outsider who recently came to your home and became good friends with the Senju family...but..."

"But...?" Homaru pushed the blonde forward to talk.

"I am a citizen of Konoha right now, brat." She held up a shaking fist as her hair split into nine ferocious tails. "If you threaten or attack me again, I will report you to the authorities. Never try to threaten an Uzumaki, brats." Whacking then both on the head and left them sprawling on the ground as she left the alleyway without trouble.

Naruto sighed irritably. Didn't Jiji once say they were kinder and more open-minded in their youth? Unless they just didn't like her in general. Not matter what time period. "Stupid elders..." she muttered and made her way around the streets and greeted the vendors with a polite smile, quick conversation and a handshake. Too distracted by her greetings and thoughts that she bumped into a well-built person. "Sorry..." she muttered and looked up to see her new friend and smiled. "Madara! How are you?"

Madara was caught off guard by the blonde. He had watched her fluttered around the street greeting people and didn't even realise he had moved towards her till she bumped into him. She was like a magnet. "I am fine..." she glared at him and cleared his throat. "I am tired, but fine overall."

Naruto nodded. "That's good to hear." She could sense something dark within him that wasn't there the last time they had met. It was small, but still noticeable to her unique sensory abilities. The look in his eye that wasn't hidden behind his bangs, she could see that there was confusion, paranoia and...it looked like fear. She worried. "Get some sleep, Madara. You look terrible." She reached over and squeezed his arm before letting go, yet she was surprised when the Uchiha lashed out and gripped desperately onto her arm. Naruto gently smiled and took him somewhere quiet and safe. To a nearby flower field that Iruka had taken her to before she left to Turtle Island and dropped the bomb that he and Kakashi-sensei were dating. Naruto would never tell Iruka or Kakashi that she already knew. The signs were there.

Naruto sat Madara down under a shady tree and sat next to him as she asked. "What's troubling you, Madara? You can tell me anything and you have my word I won't tell." Linking her pinkie with his gloved pinkie. "It's my nindo. I never go back on my word."

Madara couldn't help but trust the blonde. He wanted and needed to trust somebody because showing strong emotions within his clan was considered a disgrace. It was why they were always cold to one another unless alone in their household where they could be free. He wasn't allowed that as clan head, but here with Naruto he was. Turing their holding pinkies into hands and squeezed her small hand lightly. "I'm in a dangerous position, Naruto Uzumaki." Bringing his free hand up to his head and closed his eyes tightly. "I know I am. I can feel it. With me around, I know Konoha and my clan will also be in danger."

Naruto looked concerned and held his hand with two of hers. A sign that she was here for him and would support him whenever.

"Members of my clan say that I leave the compound at night, but I have no recollection of doing so. My anger is getting out of control; I can feel the heat circle through my chakra network. Something is happening to me, Uzumaki. Something big and terrifying." A solemn look appeared on his face as he whispered. "I don't want to hurt my clan. They're the only family I have left." Madara's eyes widen in shock as he felt his head rest on Naruto's slim shoulder as she hugged him close to her.

"Fight it." The blonde whispered into the Uchiha's ear. "Fight back. That's your only choice. Find your sun that fills the void in your heart and fight back."

"My sun had died at the hands of Tobirama...my brother, Izuma." Madara confessed and felt her hold him tighter.

"Then find another. It may be hard to forgive, but try. Fight back against this terrifying thing, Madara. It's the only way to not save only yourself, but also your family." She pulled back from him with a reassuring smile.

Madara grabbed her hands and held them lightly as he looked her deep within her blue orbs as he requested. "If I ever let this thing take over, I want you to end my existence." He caught her off guard and squeezed her hands tighter to silence her protesting. "Please, Naruto Uzumaki. I either want you or Hashirama to finish me off if I cannot fight back. Promise me this, Naruto Uzumaki."

I understand." Naruto whispered and touched foreheads with him. She didn't want to see the desperation in his eye any longer. She wouldn't be able to help him with this. Madara would have to find another sun on his own to fill the void in his heart otherwise the darkness that she sensed will possess him. "You have my word." She would finish Madara in her timeline. She had a feeling that she would disappear before the V.O.T.E battle. "I stake my dream on this."

Madara tensed before he relaxed against Naruto and hugged her back. He didn't feel right telling Hashirama about this. His friend would only get depressed before he laughed it off as an Uchiha thing. "Thank you..." He whispered to her. Even Uchiha's could feel fear. They were like everybody else.

XXXX

Tobirama was looking around for Naruto as soon as Mito let him off the hook for dropping the girl. He felt panic weld within him and somehow he knew it centred on the blonde that caught his attention. He didn't bother giving his fangirls a first look and marched right by them as he was only searching for one girl. Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze. He couldn't sense her unique chakra anywhere within the village and frowned slightly. His sensory ability was grand, not that he was bragging. It was what everybody else said and just followed along. Though he did sense his three students rushing his way and turned in their direction as saw that two of them were scared while Sarutobi looked like he was going to kill them.

Koharu and Homaru hid behind Tobirama's leg as Hiruzen stood before his sensei and caught his breathe. "You two morons, I can't believe what you just did! Why do you hate her so much that you threaten her?! She a good person, you fools!" Tobirama had never seen Sarutobi so serious and passionate before and didn't stop the monkey's rant to his fearing students. Hiruzen raised a clenched fist and said seriously. "She's a precious person to me, Homaru, Koharu! I won't sit back and let you two belittle her!"

"But she's an outsider, Hiruzen." Homaru explained. "She hasn't been in this village a week as she in conscious. How can one girl win over a majority of the village within a few days?! It's not normal."

Koharu peeked out from behind the Nidaime and nodded and ducked back when she met Hiruzen's enraged glare.

"I bet Danzo put those thoughts into your mind." Sarutobi scoffed as he folded his arms. "I thought better of you two. I thought you two knew how to think, not what to think. If anything like this happens again, I'm leaving this team." He stated without remorse. Though he did grunt when a hand landed on his head and tousled his locks. Looked up through his hair and saw a sunny grin that made him melt. "N-Naruto..."

"Those are big words coming from a little man." The blonde teased as she pinched his cheeks. Crouching before her future-Jiji and said calmly. "Thank you, but you don't have to go so far for me. I'm a big girl, Hiru-chan." she saw that he was about to protest and shut him up with a stern look. "You'll understand when you're older." Patting his shoulder and stood to her full height as a dark-orange fox landed beside her. The size of a full grown Inuzuka dog as Naruto rubbed the fur behind his ears. "Let's head home, Kurama."

"Sure thing, brat; There's too many humans here. Their scents are stinging my nose." Nuzzling her palm and licked it in apology. He had caved and apologised first. He missed bickering with his blonde container and they both needed to cross the river as they found vital information that could stop the war in their time. The one who started the war wasn't Madara Uchiha, but the darkness within him.

Naruto spotted Koharu and Homaru and only smiled at them kindly before she walked past them. Already knowing that Tobirama would follow her and flicked Kurama's nose when he growled in annoyance. "Looks like you've been thinking too much." Naruto said as she flicked her eyes up at the Nidaime. "You're glowing." She pointed out and embarrassed the Hokage as he looked away from her. Yet she saw that the tips of his ear were bright red and snickered. "Why so shy now, Tobirama?"

"Tch, who's shy?" Tobirama scoffed and walked alongside her, yet was agitated as the fox walked between them on purpose. It seemed Naruto didn't notice, but he certainly did. "Are you prepared for tomorrow?" Starting up a small talk as he eyed the male vendors whose eyes lingered a tad too long on Naruto for his comfort. This didn't sit well for him and resisted the urge to glare at them. A Hokage didn't glare. Unless they were the enemy...yet he found the males as enemies. They were staring at Naruto. He found and befriended Naruto first, well after Hiruzen. That was more than enough to be a reasonable answer to glare back, right? Well the older generation giggling at him as they discreetly pointed didn't help much. Yes, he was definitely set on tomorrow after the battle to tell the blonde. He was most definitely, absolutely positive that he was indeed captivated by the blonde enigma...and the fact that Mito had pounded the truth into his skull quite literally. He gazed to her...she was the primary source as to why he was glowing in her eyes.

Kurama spotted the soft look in the Nidaime's eyes that was directed to his container. His kit deserved to be loved and he had chosen for the water-boy to be her mate. He was perfect for her. The only problem was the time difference...there was nothing he could do even with his vast knowledge. The girl would have to live in the moment and live with the memories. He would be there to support her afterwards. Moving from between them and moved Naruto closer to the Nidaime with his tail as he walked beside her. Hiding his smirk at the thankful look the Nidaime gave him. The water-boy owed him one.

Naruto didn't head home, but led her two companions through the forest till they came out near a small river and took a seat, leaning against Kurama as he went to nap under a shady tree. Patting the spot next to her and invited the Hokage to sit beside her.

Tobirama hesitated before he welcomed the girl's presence and sat beside her. Asking her the questioned that lingered on his mind. "I couldn't sense you anywhere. Where were you?" coughing slightly and quickly added on. "I am your supervisor after all." Ignoring the fox's snort in amusement at his bullshit.

"Oh?" Naruto muttered and released her chakra and saw Tobirama release the tension from his body and explained. "I wanted to be alone for a while. Everything's happening so fast for me...I guess I need to clear my thoughts." Gazing to the water and said. "You have nice students...I know they don't mean no harm, but they are annoying. No offence."

Tobirama chuckled at the blonde and rested his back against the bark of the tree as he replied. "They are a handful, but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to sacrifice myself to save them."

"That's nice." Naruto hummed in content as the sun warmed her face and unconsciously moved closer to Tobirama and sat beside him. No longer was she leaning against Kurama, but against the tree with their shoulder touching. His presence was...comforting. He smelt like a cascading waterfall in autumn's crisp air. Resting her head on his shoulder casually as his toned arm circled her shoulder and held her closer and to keep her warm. "I'm going to win tomorrow." She stated teasingly as she heard him scoff.

"Please, Uzumaki. Don't make me laugh, your humour is too much." He said sarcastically and heard her gigged and brought her closer with a small smile. Ignoring the fox that was gesturing for him to make a move. He planned for tomorrow and was sticking to tomorrow.

"Please, call me Naruto. It makes me happy hearing you say my name." the blonde having no idea what she was doing to the struggling Nidaime as he squirmed a little before he relaxed.

"That's if you win tomorrow." He wagered. "Then I will call your name." Shocked as she linked her pinkie with his free hand, yet curled his pinkie around hers lightly. The deal was sealed. "Remember, Uzumaki, if you lose, you protect me from my...followers till your parole is completed."

"And you have to be buy me ramen. May the best shinobi win." Their pinkies turning into a hand-shake the morphed into their fingers lacing together. Naruto, for some reason, felt content with this and didn't untangle them.

Tobirama on the other hand smiled, glad that Naruto couldn't see it as he rested his head in her hair and took a light breathe that followed with her unique scent. She smelt like to home to him. Oh dear kami, he was falling hard for a girl he just met, yet he didn't mind. He trusted Naruto and hopefully, one day, she would return the feelings. Even if she said 'no' tomorrow, he wouldn't give up on pursuing her to the ends of the elemental nations. 'Ahh I see now...no wonder I feel complete with her near me.' Snuggling closer to her soft golden tresses and sighed in content when Naruto only giggled at his actions. 'It seems I am quite in love with you, Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 502 37
I got inspirred by one Russian tiktoker with fanfic MadaNaru. But I decided to do my AU, with female Naruto Story: Madara began to have strange dream...
686 12 1
In which Madara Uchiha loses all his supposed cool, Tobirama Senju is a useless gay in love, Izuna Uchiha doesn't have any kind of control over anyth...
17.2K 282 6
Orochimaru put a seal on Naruto hoping to cut off his connection to the Nine-Tails.This was his mistake.This mistake would lead to Naruto awakening a...
1.1K 51 7
They planned to send their only hope back. Before the end of the world, before the war, before the whole madness even started. And it worked. Plucked...