A Priest's Deadly Obsession

By cardia14

For his whole life James wanted nothing more than to become a humble Priest, devoted completely to God and se... More

Chapter 1 - A Struck Nerve
Chapter 2 - The Battle Within
Chapter 3 - A New Interest
Chapter 4 - Unraveling Emotions
Chapter 5 - Confessions
Chapter 6 - Ceremony
Chapter 7 - Party Gone Wrong
Chapter 8 - Kiss
Chapter 9 - The Mortal Sin of Two Men
Chapter 10 - Making the Team
Chapter 11 - For Her Sake
Chapter 12 - Preview To A Kiss
Chapter 13 - The Chapels Office
Chapter 14 - Sleepover
Chapter 15 - Storage Room
Chapter 16 - A First Experience
Chapter 17 - Love Between Siblings
Chapter 18 - Harassment
Chapter 19 - Princess
Chapter 20 - Unexpected Visit
Chapter 22 - Break Away
Chapter 23 - Abduction
Chapter 24 - Inside The Belly Of The Beast
Chapter 25 - A Wolf's Smile
Chapter 26 - Vigil
Chapter 27 - Suspicions Arise
Chapter 28 - Hate
Chapter 29 - Don't Scream
Chapter 30 - Count On You
Chapter 31 - Get Used To It
Chapter 32 - Falling Apart
Chapter 33 - Anxiety
Chapter 34 - Her Chains
Chapter 35 - James POV
Chapter 36 - Cherry Pie
Chapter 37 - Death is Not Always Easy
Chapter 38 - In His Lovers Arms
Chapter 39 - Fragile Hearts
Chapter 40- When the Demon Slips Inside
Chapter 41 - Letting Go
Chapter 42 - It Means Nothing
Chapter 43 - Comfort & Trust
Chapter 44 - A Priest To Question
Chapter 45 - A Proposal
Chapter 46 - Chase After Him
Chapter 47 - Unspoken Agreement
Chapter 48 - Before God
Chapter 49 - Her Sacred Purpose
Chapter 50 - A Haunting Sight
Chapter 51 - Pink Lines
Chapter 52 - Beyond The Yard
Chapter 53 - Loud Noises
Chapter 54 - The Last Entry
Chapter 55 - Wanted
Chapter 56 - A Demon's Disguise
Chapter 57 - Run Off
Chapter 58 - Cold & Empty
Chapter 59 - She Is At Fault
Chapter 60 - Girl Defiled
Chapter 61 - Her Last Known Location
Chapter 62 - Gun Shot
Chapter 63 - South
Chapter 64 - Tumble
Chapter 65 - To Trade Eternity In Hell
Chapter 66 - Tensions
Chapter 67 - Freed
Chapter 68 - Forward
Chapter 69 - End
Writers Note

Chapter 21-Prom Night

5.8K 153 87
By cardia14

James chose a Friday night, specifically since most employees were off enjoying the start of the weekend and only security personnel would be inside the beautiful glass building.

"Good evening, I am James Beckford," he held out his cold thin hand to the head security office.

"Yes sir, Mrs. Beckford has advised me that you would be stopping by." said the officer as he handing him a card. "This is the executive pass, it gives you access to use the elevators on any floor and open any doors that may be locked. "

"Thank you."

"If you need anything I'll be right down here. My staff is aware that you will be walking through the perimeter."

James wasted no time and rode the elevator up to the floor that his father's office used to be; floor 89. He walked the lonely cold halls, his memory picking up which lefts and rights to take in the grand maze until he reached a pair of large beautifully ordained oak doors with brass handles.

He held up the pass to the scanner on the right hand side of the door and the doors unlocked.

As he entered he caught his fathers scent, one that he had not known for many years. It mixed the air along with the smell of scented candles and essential oils. He knew exactly where to go to be out of reach of the security cameras.

Even though he had a pass to enter and walk around as he pleased, he knew his father would eventually check the security tape in his own office.

He kept alongside the wall until he was right underneath the camera, flipping over one of the metal garbage bins to use as a stool, in one quick motion he yanked at the wire until it unplugged from its socket and the camera light went out.

Satisfied with being un-spotted, he moved towards his fathers large glass desk and began rummaging through it. He knew what to look for and where to look but what he wanted to find was nowhere in sight.

"Where are you hiding it?!" he growled as he opened each cabinet before sulking down on his fathers large leather chair. James ran his hand through his hair almost prepared to be defeated until he noticed a beautiful photo of his mother on his father's desk.

Years ago, in that same frame he had placed a portrait of his wife and his son. But now only Mrs. Beckford stood quietly in the photo.

James picked it up and analyzed the back. " I really mean nothing to you huh father? Well.... no matter." he picked the back of the frame and undid it, the photo fell out as well as a small thin key.

James smirked.

Found it.

He took the thin small key, lacing it through his finger and proceeded towards his father safe he had well hidden inside his office. Many years ago he had watched his father open up the safe, perfectly tucked away behind his bookcase, yet Mr. Beckford never knew that his son had watched him carefully opening it up and then hiding it back where it belonged.

He would never know that James had planned for this exact moment.

Slipping the key inside the safe, he opened the thick metal door and revealed the treasures inside.

James couldn't help but laugh and giggle as he went through the bundles of cash inside the safe. With his thumb he fanned the bills, not caring exactly how much was in each bundle because all he knew was that it was more than he would ever see in his current career.

The priest pocketed whatever he could fit on him before locking up the safe and tucking it away neatly as it was before and putting the key in its rightful place.

Before making his way out he plugged the power cord into the socket of the camera, still making sure that he could not be seen inside his fathers office.

"Thanks father," he whispered as he walked out of the large glass building and back home.

His plans to steal Elizabeth away were now nearly complete.

He had the money and the storage room where he would keep her. After a few weeks when the search parties would grow tired of trying to find her, he would take her out late at night and move her as far from their town as possible. His skin filled with goosebumps as he thought about his plans.

Nothing could possibly stop him now.

*****************

Anne and Elizabeth along with their dates lined up in front of the limo outside of Rohan's large house.

" Alright everyone say cheese!" Rohan clicked the shutter of his digital camera.

" Ah I'm blinded !" Elizabeth joked as the white flash of the camera blocked her sight for a few seconds.

As the teens gathered and began entering the limo Rohan pulled Zach aside for a moment.

"I'm very grateful to you, I have not seen my niece smile and be so happy in such a long time. Not since I left our family house years ago." Rohan said, his eyes had this sad glow about them.

"Please take care of her tonight," he finished, his hand fell on Zach's shoulders.

"I will sir."

Rohan watched the stretched out SUV limo pull into the street, he waved at as it disappeared across the corner.

His cellphone began to vibrate. It was his attorney.

"Natan, you have good news for me?" he asked as he walked back to his home.

"Well yes and no. Basically what I found out was that due to Mr. Satti's records,he may have difficulty getting his passport approved in the beginning. However, if he does manage to enter since his prior offenses have passed many years, he has all the rights to retrieve his daughter. He is her father after all Rohan."

Rohan felt his heart sink. He took a seat at the front steps, not caring about the fact that it would dirty his sleek black pants.

"I see,"

Natan broke the small tense silence to continue, "As long as you can prove, physically, that he is a danger to the child and prove that she is now in a safe environment then the state may grant you guardianship."

"I was going to file for guardianship on the grounds that she had been abandoned,"

Natan cleared his throat, "I suggest that you gather any physical evidence now to prove a case that her being taken by her father would be dangerous to her well-being. I will help by obtaining the records of his previous offenses. Unfortunately, she is still only 14 and at that age the courts don't usually take the child seriously. If she was 16 or older it would be much easier. "

"She's turning 15 soon...although I guess that doesn't make a difference yet." sighed Rohan, after a long pause he registered everything his lawyer advised him. "Very well Natan, I will get everything together. Let's meet some time next week."

"Sounds good, take care Rohan. My best to your niece."

*******************************

"So how are you liking prom?" Zach held Elizabeth tightly on the dance floor as they swayed to a soft slow song. Anne and Alex were right at their side.

"It's nothing short of amazing,"

She leaned in and rested her head on his chest. "I wish this never had to end..."

The song ended and she looked back up at him, his eyes looked glossy in the banquet hall. "This is just the beginning for us Lizzy," Zach kissed her forehead.

"Alright everybody! It's time to announce our candidates for Prom King and Prom Queen!"

A roar of applause and cheers erupted among the senior class and their dates.

Anne pulled Elizabeth to the side, "Nervous?"

"Y-yeah, there's so many people here."

"Relax you and Zach both look great. You guys are going to win by a landslide!" Anne winked at her friend as the professor finished announcing the first candidate.

"....and our second candidates are Anne Leverette and Alex Brower,"

Another round of applause resonated in the hall, Alex took hold of Anne's hand and raised it high showing her off. In the spirit of the mood, Anne did a little twirl that made the crowd roar louder.

"...pff show off," Zach smirked.

"....and our last candidates are Elizabeth Satti and Zachary Alexander,"

The last round of applause was the loudest, Zach took the opportunity to out do Alex. He took Elizabeth and dipped her, with her back arched her foot suddenly came up involuntarily. This sweet move looked like it was straight out of a movie scene.

"W-woah at least warn me that you're going to do that!" Elizabeth pouted at him.

"Boo! Cheap shot!" Alex reared causing both boys to laugh at their quirkiness.

"...and now, I have the tallied votes for our winners..." the professor pulled out the card from the envelope.

Elizabeth gripped onto Zach's hands as their names were read out loud once again to the crowd.

Confetti blew out and the music boomed.

Zach hugged his girl and they quickly approached the staged for crowning.

Steady..steady.... Elizabeth told herself, her legs were shaking and she feared she might tip over on her heels.

A bouquet of flowers were handed to her as a small tiara was placed on her head.

She looked at the crowd of students, an overwhelming emotion tightened around her throat. Ever since her mother died, her life had drastically changed. She was removed from her school and friends she loved so much. Her father kept her in their house to do nothing but clean and help with the garden out back. Her days playing in the sun with her friends after school were no more, she was to remain locked in her room alone for hours on end.

Sometimes her father forgot she was home as he stayed out all night drinking away the grief of his dead wife. Until finally the day came when a man who had seen Elizabeth outside in the garden pulling out the weeds approached her father.

"She is a beautiful girl. She will go for a very high price."

Her father listened to the man with dead eyes.

"You will not have to worry about money once she is married."

Once he broke the news to his daughter Elizabeth broke down and cried, pleading with her father at his feet. But all her wailing had no effect on him

"Don't worry daughter, he will be a good man and you will live in a wealthy household. You will give him healthy beautiful children...all will be well."

It was a life of hell after her cherished mother died; she thought she would never be happy again.

Now as she looked down at the smiling students, at her friends and at the boy she loved tears began streaming down her face. But she held her head up and did not wipe them. She chose to start a new life, she chose to fight against her father's plans and she decided the moment she called her uncle for help that from that day on she would do her best to better herself and pursue her dreams without letting anyone tell her that she couldn't.

This is the beginning...and all will be well from now on. I will not let anyone stand in my way of happiness again.

Her mind flashed with the priest.

Not even him...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 1.6K 51
James parents was died when he was12,his aunt and uncle adopt him but they never treat him well they made him servant of their house they made him do...
17.3M 419K 65
𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐭...
2.8K 324 14
He rushes behind a car as I'm shooting at him as he's shooting while running away. "Imma Kill You Manny!" I growl at him angrily as I keep firing sho...
212K 7.3K 41
I fell in love with this man The man I have thought would love me through and through. The thought of him seeing me as woman had possessed me to d...