Rēbørn - A Naruto Fanfiction...

By aaliswalker

Reborn with the luxury of chosing her own ability, given a chance to start from the beginning she decides to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
I got tagged
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Not An update- sorry
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67 -Book 1 End
Book 2 is out!
Announcments

Chapter 39

12.7K 636 38
By aaliswalker

"Family is supposed to be our safe haven. But very often, it's the place where we find our deepest heartache, weasel."

A tear slid down itachi's face, so much pain.

•.•.•

Yomi sat quietly on the gates of konoha waiting for Kakashi to show up, he wasn't late, but it didn't seem like he would be early either. But in all honesty she wasn't actually sure what time it was, she guess it was almost noon just because it was hottest it had been all day, she had no way of telling the time, but soon that'll change. A smile appeared on her face, soon, she'll be able to see.

"Yomi chan?" Her heada looked down towards where she heard the voice. Without a second thought she jumped down and held on the Kakashi's hand.

"Y-Yomi chan?" Unknown to her he had a faint blush on his face which was hidden by the mask.

"Lead the way Kakashi."

He nodded and they were off, tree jumping like professional ninjas, the only legalised ninja was Kakashi but he was stil just a kid.

They both ventured towards the mission location.

They stopped at a clearing in the woods to set up camp for the night. Yomi gathered wood to start a fire and Kakashi set up their tents. When they were done they both sat in front of the camp fire helping themselves to some soup that Yomi had prepared.

Kakashi ate as he watched her watch the fire with a distant smile on her face, she seemed conflicted, unconsciously his mind wandered to why she hadn't asked about Obito yet.

"Yomi..."

She turned to his direction to show that she was listening.

He cleared his throat softly.

"Why haven't you asked about Obito?"

Her face turned as her smile remained.

"Kakashi, you know I thought of Obito like family."

Her bangs covered her eyes but her curved lips remained in place.

"I know what happened to Obito." Her voice seems to shake, so she knew but she didn't want to dwell on it.

No, she knew what was going to happen to Obito, she knew he wasn't dead, but he was better off dead than becoming a pawn of the true mastermind. Kakashi suddenly felt bad for asking her, she didn't mention it to prevent herself from feeling th pain of losing a family member.

"You know Kakashi, I didn't ask about Obito because if I did, I wouldn't be able to..." carry on with the mission. Those words remained unspoken, if she tried to dwell on him, her plan, she would abandon her plan for his sake.

"I know you miss him to."

His eyes widened, "How...?"

"I'm your friend, I'm meant to be here for you Kakashi, after all, those who abandon their friends are worst than trash."

Yes, if she thought of Obito she would abandon everything for his sake.

That won't do.

But Obito was family, he shouldn't be used as a pawn.

Yes, family shouldn't use each other as pawns.

Yes, she should go and save Obito and leave everyone else.

But what about sōzō? Chikagakure? Nagato? Kushina? The uchihas?

What about the rest of the world?

Right, she momentarily forgot.

Selfishness was not an option.

She was drawn between letting her family suffer and letting others suffer, it was suffocating.

Her eyes stung as tears leaked dropping into the fire and was eaten up mercilessly by the raging flames.

"Humans aren't worth it."

This voice.....

Her smile hardened.

....Doesn't belong to kurama.

"Just let them be?"

There was another voice inside her head, more daunting, more vile, more.... deadly, disgusting.

Get out.

It was an understatement to say that yomi was spacing out, it was as if she  wasn't even conscious, she hadn't noticed the ambush that had been set for them and as they had attacked Kakashi.

"Yomi!" He screamed trying to get here attention.

What?

Then she had lost her consciousness, forced to the depths of her mind to face an odd ball of darkness that had approached her.

"Are humans really worth your time?"

If this wasn't kurama, then why was it inside her head?

Kushina sat at the table in Minato's apartment as she held a cup of water in her hand.

She looked out at the bleak sky, how grim.

Her thoughts drew back to the little girl in the odd cloak and she smiled fondly.

*crack*

The cup in her hands cracked slightly penetrating her skin and drawing out a drop of blood, a feeling of dread settled at the pits of her stomach and she reached into her mind.

"Kurama."

The fox stared at her.

"What's going on?"

It smirked.

"The creator is currently on duty."

The creator? That's right, he had called Yomi the creator before, what did he mean by her duty?

"Duty?"

It let out a short burst of laughter, a kind of laughter that signalled 'victory.'

"Saving you pathetic humans."

Kakashi was panting, sweating, bleeding.

He stood slouched with his hands dangling at his sides.

They had retreated, but they had taken her.

He had to save her, but the mission...

<<

"Those who don't follow the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worst than scum."

<<

Dammit!

He headed towards the direction of the enemy shinobi.

Meanwhile Yomi opened her eyes, looked around she noticed that she was in some sort of cave.

So she had been captured in place of rin.

Summoning a snake she gave it very direct instructions and when, where and who to relay them to.

The snake vanishes, leaving her alone.

Kurama couldn't stop himself from laughing, it was inevitable, but a god will always be a god!

"I love it when a plan comes together."

•.•.•

She looked up at kurama.

He had no idea.

"No, I might not be physically alone but mentally there is no one in sight."

He winced at her slightly cold tone.

"We will be with you, creator."

With that he bowed, even if she wanted to save the humans, they would still gladly serve her.

A/N: please don't forget to comment and if you have any questions for the Q and A please ask, thank you! Don't forget to point out grammar mistakes! Love chu!

This amazing fanart belongs to saneOtaku, thank you so much for this!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.5K 2.9K 21
[𝕀𝕟 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕔𝕙 𝕃𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕊𝕒𝕜𝕦𝕣𝕒 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕤 𝕗𝕦𝕟- 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕩𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕪. 𝕆𝕔 𝕩...
158K 2.4K 30
❝ Love breeds sacrifice, which in turn breeds hatred. Then you can know pain. ❞ Aired: August 31, 2018 Ended: June 12, 2020 ──────────── ◆ Characters...
16.8K 602 7
Cr: art fr. Ig; kei.xns Are you willing to still hold on when the other person doesn't even share your feeling in the slightest? Rate: Mature, 18+ D...
22.3K 1.6K 10
[Warring States Uchiha!OC] With death comes rebirth. And with rebirth comes Uchiha Isamu, a soul unfortunate enough to find herself in the Warring St...