Chapter 42

"As a child I never imagined that all the real monsters in the world would be humans."

•.•.•

"Itachi!?"

The birds chirped as the hot bathed the earth in its heat, the residents of konoha were all going on with their daily business, it was still bright and early in the morning but that didn't stop the uchiha children to embark on a journey of making their parents chase after them.

"Yomi!"

She giggled slightly as she his inside the cupboard with itachi who peeked out.

"Mrs uchiha?"

Shisui had just arrived carrying a basket, he seemed a little older compared to the time of Tsuki Yomi's death.

"Oh Shisui! Welcome!"

Mikoto said in delight as she welcomed the young boy in.

"Where's itachi and yomi?" He inquired once he noticed how quiet they house was, a house that was supposed to house two noisy kids.

"Ah, they decided to play hide and seek this morning."

Shisui got her point, 'please find them for me.'

He immediately dropped the basket and his voice was heard no more.

Itachi couldn't stop giggling as they hid, "be quiet!" Yomi rebuked slightly once they stopped hearing Shisui's voice.

To them Shisui was a big brother that they had looked up to, he had been there for as long as she could remember.

"Don't laugh or Shisui will find us!"

"Hello Yomi chan."

Yomi chan forze, quickly looked back to see Shisui sitting next to them before launching out of the cupboard screaming and running for her dear life.

"Shisui nii san!"

Itachi called out hugging the young boy. Shisui sweat dropped seeing Yomi's extreme reaction, she had changed so much compared to what he remembered her to be like.

"Hello itachi." He said with a smile, Yomi had run all the way to mikoto and hugged her, she was beyond scared straight.

"Yomi chan?"

Mikoto looked down at the shaking girl.

"Onee sama, Shisui nii is scary."

Mikoto laughed before picking her up, she was such a cute kid, it was hard to believe that she was the same Tsuki Yomi that she first met.

It was like she was a totally different person.

"Mikoto san! We're ready!" Shisui called out as he came in with Itachi holding on to him,mikoto released Yomi who shyly held on to Shisui and told them to be back before the sun sets.

The three children set off for their picnic to the park with the cherry blossom trees.

For some reason Shisui liked to take them there whenever they blossomed, since they were babies.

"Shisui nii?" Yomi called out to the older uchiha who turned to her.

"Why do you like taking us to the cherry blossom trees?"

His mind was drawn back to the letter.

When I come back let's have a picnic under the cherry blossoms ok?

"It was a promise to a friend."

"If it's to your friend then why take us?" She asked again not understanding Shisui. "I mean, we're not your friend right?"

He glanced at her one more time, she had really changed so much, did she really not remember anything?

Did she really kill her old self and replace it with a new one?

"I guess you're right Yomi chan." He said softly.

"Shisui nii who did you promise that too?" Itachi asked curiously, someone Shisui found precious to him?

He only ruffled his hair and didn't say a word.

Shisui found it weird, even if she had erased herself and created a new personality something still seemed off.

It felt like she was still there with him, right next to him, the one holding his hand.

"Thank you Shisui.."

A voice resounded in his head, the same gentle voice that fed him fruits whenever he came over.

It was here, she was still alive!

He turned back to the little girl he was holding on to.

"Shisui nii? Why are you crying?"

Tears fell to the ground as a happy smile appeared on his face, she was still there, inside Tsuki Yomi somewhere.

"It's tears of joy Yomi." He said.

"Well that's stupid, why cry if you're happy?" She asked still confused on his sudden behaviour.

"Because the happy memories we have decide to escape and roll down our cheeks."

•.•.•

The young child sat on her mother's lap as the watched the cherry blossoms fall.

"Where's your dad?"

She asked the little girl.

"he's with uncle naruto!"

She replied cutely with a wide smile, her eyes blazing to reveal the sharingan, her long white hair falling to Tsuki Yomi's lap.

"Ama Terasu."

The young child looked up at her mother who stroked her hair.

"If I ever die, don't cry, just look up at the sky and say goodbye."

A/N: Everything is not what it seems.