Silently Falling | √

By LoneRanger3

[COMPLETED] Alexis was your typical everyday good girl with excellent grades, a single best friend, an annoyi... More

Silently Falling
Character Aesthetic
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 5•
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10•
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
•Chapter 21•
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 28•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chapter 35•
•Chapter 36•
•Chapter 37•
•Chapter 38•
•Chapter 39•
•Chapter 40•
•Chapter 41•
•Chapter 42•
•Epilogue•
Other Books
ANNOUNCEMENT
Bonus Chapter: The Accident

•Chapter 26•

8.4K 330 51
By LoneRanger3

I WAS BY my locker when a pair of hands snaked around me from behind and pulled me into them. I tensed and tried to wriggle out of the person's hold but to no avail.

"Let go of me you psychopath," I said still trying to get out of their hold.

The person chuckled and I felt my body vibrate. "Woah! Alexis chill out," Nick said spinning me so I was facing him. He pulled me in for a hug and placed a kiss on my forehead. His cologne enveloped me and I found myself nuzzling more into him as my eyes closed.

"Are you smelling me again?"

"No!" I replied and he chuckled.

"You scared me idiot," I pulled away and smacked him on his chest as an after thought, which only hurt my hand in the process, "Gee are you made of stone or something?" I asked.

Nick chuckled once more, "nope, just a lot of exercise I guess and I eat healthy," he responded.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" I asked slightly hurt.

"You need to exercise and eat more healthy is all I'm saying," he replied with a boyish grin.

"I exercise and eat healthy too."

Nick rolled his eyes, "sure you do."

I could practically feel eyes on us and I pulled out of Nick's hold to take a glance around and I was indeed correct. Three quarters of the students in the hallway were staring at us with curious expressions. Some looked confused, others looked pissed (Mostly the girls; Brianna and Jenna.)

"People are staring," I whispered moving out of his hold.

"So?" Nick asked with a raised eyebrow and pulled me back by my waist.

"So? I don't like it," I responded as I turned around to grab my novel. "You should probably avoid Asher for the rest of the school day for your own good."

"And why would I do that?"

"Just do it, unless you want to have a very awkward conversation, I suggest you take my advice and prepare for my brother and dad instead on Saturday," I said as I shut my locker and turned to face him.

"Wait, what?" he asked, "I'm meeting your brother and dad? Why? How?"

I shrugged as I began heading to the library for my free period, "oh yeah I forgot, my dad invited you over for dinner this weekend and my brother just so happens to be in town so tough luck," I called over my shoulder.

Nick jogged up to me and spun me around, "and you just want to walk away after basically delivering such life changing information?"

"Yep!" I said popping the 'p' and resumed my walk to the library.

"I'll get you for this Alexis," he shouted over the crowd of students.

The Library was quiet and empty considering most of the students had classes to attend while I didn't. I sat at my usual table at the back-secluded from everyone.

I grabbed all my books and began checking each and every one of them for Four's name because that was a lot obsessive if I admit and I didn't want to be one of those people who obsessed over something so much that they turned psychotic.

It took four whole hours of checking my notebooks, textbooks and novels and by the time I was done it was nearly lunch time. Honestly I don't know why I came to school so early today in the first place considering the only class I had-English was after lunch.

Finally deciding that I had gone through everything, I made my way to the cafeteria to grab a bite before I had to sit in English for the next hour.

The cafeteria was buzzing with students chatting away as they ate and I joined the line to buy my lunch before heading to the table that had now become all too familiar.

Instead of three people at the table, there were four. And that made me curious as to who it was as Jake and Kai were laughing at something while Nick scowled but I couldn't make out who the fourth person at the table was.

"Hey!" I said once I took a seat next to Nick and tossed my bag on the floor. "What's so funny?"

"Oh you're finally here," Asher said as he turned around to face me, "where have you been?"

"Oh lord what are you doing here?" I asked quizzically.

"To hang out with my best friend's new friends and boyfriend obviously," he said smiling.

Jake and Kai were still laughing as Nick continued scowling.

"What happened?" I asked turning to face Nick.

"Why don't you ask your dear best friend over here," he replied.

"Ash what did you do this time?"

Asher had a smug look on his face, "your boyfriend needs to learn that Superman is the best superhero of all time and Batman sucks," he replied with a shrug.

"That's why you look like someone who ate a sour lemon?" I asked Nick.

"Hey! Batman is a legend, he's just human and yet he does more than Superman whose weakness is the one thing found on his home planet, how pathetic," he said defensively.

Jake had tears streaming down his face while Kai was silently shaking with laughter. "You're both killing me," Jake said in between laughs.

"C'mon Alexis, back me up on this one," Asher said, "tell what's his face that Superman is the greatest."

I opened my water bottle and took a sip before taking a bite from my sandwich, "I'm not getting involved in your little fight," I replied after swallowing.

"What? Why not?" Asher asked bewildered.

"Because it's literally the most foolish thing to argue about," I replied casually. "Why not ask these two?" I asked pointing to the two guys who were laughing none stop.

"Sorry dude but I've got to side with my best friend on this one and say Batman," Kai replied as he patted Asher on the back.

"I'm still your best friend Nick but sorry, Superman can beat Batman anytime. anywhere," Jake pitched in.

"It's a tie so whose side are you on Alexis?" Asher asked hopefully.

I looked around me at the four guys and couldn't help but wonder how I had become such good friends with all of them and how I was able to tolerate their stupidity.

"Staying true to myself," I began, "I've got to go with the villains, because honestly who are superheroes without villains to fight? That's right, just a bunch of weirdos in tight-arse clothes and underwear outside their pants," I stated matter-of-factly. "Batman wouldn't be Batman without The Joker and Superman wouldn't be Superman without Lex Luthor."

All fours guys were staring at me as if I'd grown a second head but I continued talking nonetheless.

"The bad guys are what makes superheroes superheroes, so no I'm not choosing either one. I'm sticking with Thanos and The Joker, though Thanos isn't a villain if you really think about it."

"You wound me Alexis," Nick said placing a hand on his chest and feigning hurt, "I don't know who you are."

"And you never will."

Everyone agreed with him but I just shrugged and continued eating.

"You think you know someone until they choose Thanos over Superman," Asher said shaking his head. "I'm disappointed in you Alexis and I hope you know that?"

"That's what you get for getting me involved," I replied nonchalantly. "So get over it because one bullet to your precious Batman's head will kill him," I said to Nick and Kai, "and any slight contact with Kryptonite will make Superman ineffective, so you're welcome," I said to Asher and Jake.

The guys just shook their heads with scowls on their faces.

"I'm guessing you two are now friends," I said as I took the last bite of my sandwich and wiped my hands on a napkin.

"You could say something like that," Ash responded as he stole a chip from Nick's plate, "but if you so much as mess up I swear to you Henderson I will mess up your pretty little face."

The whole table fell silent. "You think I have a pretty face?" Nick asked as a smirk appeared on his face. "I mean I've been told but darn I didn't know you found me attractive."

"No! I-that's not what I meant," Asher quickly responded.

"I always knew he was your secret male crush and you just didn't want to admit it," I said and the guys laughed. "But sorry he is now taken, you had your chance and you blew it."

"That's not what I meant," Asher huffed as he threw his hands in the air exasperatedly.

"Sure," Nick replied sarcastically.

I stood up and patted Asher on the back, "behave and don't do anything stupid," I said, "and you," I said pointing to Nick, "don't fall for his tricks, he's just messing with you. Anyway I have English so I'll see you guys later."

Tossing my bag on my shoulder, I began walking away when Nick pulled me back and I fell on his lap as he quickly placed a kiss on my lips.

"Eww get a room," Asher said cringing, "And please don't do that where the best friend is."

I laughed at him, "says the guy who makes out nearly every time he's with his girlfriend," I spoke as I run a hand through Nick's hair. "Jake make sure these two get along will you?"

"Of course I will," Jake said beaming, "you both heard her so play nice or else."

Kai and Nick both burst out laughing, "and what will you do you big softie?" Kai asked.

Jake scowled, "don't call me that."

I shook my head with a laugh before waving them off and making my way to English.

*
*
*
Please Vote! Comment! Share! & follow!

~A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 10K 123
Accused of an assault he doesn't remember, Ricky's senior year is made doubly complicated when he falls for the victim's best friend, Olivia - his on...
291K 6.8K 45
We all have secrets. But the question is... What are they? Her father hates her. Her mother's dead. Only option seems to be is to get far away right...
3.5K 517 29
****MATURE LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTENT***** You always hear fairy tale stories of good girls meeting bad guys and they fall in love. The men change t...
4.4K 14 20
Trigger warning for the following: -mature content -some strong language -fighting -mentions of abuse Everything was cool. It was fine and normal...