The Mafia Queen┃✓

By Smallgirlbigattitude

(*Completed*) Diana Shade was just a strong, smart girl living with her foster parents and brother. She didn'... More

Preface
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
•1•Diana•
•2•Sebastian•
•3•Diana•
•4•Sebastian•
•5•Diana•
•6•Sebastian•
•7•Diana•
•8•Diana•
•9•Sebastian•
•10•Diana•
•11•Diana•
•12•Sebastian•
•13•Diana•
•15•Diana•
•16•Sebastian•
•17•Diana•
•18•Sebastian•
•19•Alexander•
•20•Diana•
•21•Karter•
•22•Sebastian•
•23•Diana•
•24•Sebastian•
•25•Diana•
•26•Sebastian•
•27•Karter•
•28•Diana•
•29•Alex•
Author's note
•30•Sebastian•
•31•Diana•
×BONUS CHAPTER×
The End
-Blind Date-
-Hades' Warrior-
-Mission 17: Alexa Black(*completed*)-
-Learning to be a Bad boy-
-War against WICKED-

•14•Alex•

38.1K 1.1K 331
By Smallgirlbigattitude

Alexander was about to go slap Jake for being such an ass to Diana when she turned and ran straight out the house.

If she got herself killed, Alexander's head is what Karter would take in payment.

Right. That was the only reason you ran after her.

Stupid sarcastic conscious.

Alex grabbed the bag that contained the box and ran straight behind her.

Damn. She was fast.

When she finally stopped, Alex stopped at a safe distance behind.
She went and sat in front of the pond and started stone skipping.

Alex smiled. She looked so innocent. So carefree. Just for a second.

She was so lost in thought that she didn't realise when he walked up right beside her.

She had just skipped 8 in a row.

"8 huh? Impressive." He said sitting down beside her.

Alex wasn't surprised when she didn't reply. Her family was just attacked.

She wanted to be left alone. Clearly.
So Alex did what he had to.
Take her mind off it. And definitely, don't leave her alone. He was smart like that.

He grabbed a stone and skipped it absentmindedly. It bounced five times.

"Not bad for the first time?" He asked her.

She pressed her lips together. Before she could get up and leave, he took her hand in his.

He looked straight into her eyes. They were a beautiful caramel brown.

"Diana shade, will you be my date?"
*****

The next few seconds felt like hours to Alexander.
"Uh.. date?" Diana asked. "For what?"

"There is this party that Karter will be attending. A party for all the leaders of, you know, the gangs. Since I am his second man I will be going along with him. I'm supposed to take a date. I usually take Em for stuff like this, but.. uh... if you're willing to come... I would like to take you." He replied.

"Plus you get to see what you're actually a part off." He added.

"Will Karter be okay with this?" She asked.

"After what happened now? No. He won't. He will have my head if anything happens to you." Alex replied. "But if you say Yes, I will protect you with my life."

She just stared at him for a few seconds. And then started laughing.

She had a beautiful laugh. And it was contagious. Alex started chuckling.

"What?" He asked.

"Its just so weird. 18 years of my life I haven't had anyone protect me. Now all of a sudden that's all everyone around me seems to be doing." She said.

Alex realised he was still holding her hand. He dropped it and cleared his throat looking away.

"Excuse me one moment." He said and got up.

He went and sat on a bench in the park and made a call.

Karter picked up on the first ring.

"What?"

"We got the box."

"And?"

"We need transport. Send us a helicopter."

"What happened to your car?"

"I'll explain when I see you."

"Fine."

"Oh and one more thing. I asked your sister to be my date for Saturday."

"WHAT! YOU ASSHO-"

Alexander cut the call and walked up to Diana.

"I feel like eating ice cream." She said.

"I called for transport. I can go get my car back but I think it's best we don't go there." He said. "We have time. We can go for ice cream."

He helped her up. "Know anyplace near?"

She smiled widely. "Yup."

*****

The place she picked was right around the corner. They walked about 5 minutes to reach it.

She was clearly a regular cause the minute she walked in she was hugged by at least three people.

She looked so carefree. For a moment, Alex was pissed at Karter for taking this away from her life.

She pulled away from the group. "What do you want? Chocolate?"

"Yeah. The chocolate chip."

"Sit down. I'll get the ice cream."

"No. I'll pay."

"Of course you're paying. It's not like you guys let me take cash with me when you kidnapped me." She rolled her eyes.

Alex chuckled. "How much?"

Once Alex had given her the cash, he picked a seat near the glass window so he could keep an eye out for threat.

Diana came and sat in front of him a minute later.

"One chocolate chip." She said handing out his cone to him.

"What are you having?" He asked her trying to control his laughter.

"Mint chocolate chip." She said with her head held high.

Alex raised his eyebrow still trying not to smile.

"I used to come here when I was a kid a lot. I made a pact to try all the flavours that they had. I have a few left so I decided that I'll eat them all today, cause you know... I might not come back here."

"Wow. Pretty determined aren't you?"

She nodded her head.

After that, they sat in silence and ate their ice creams. Diana was on her second ice cream and he was on his third when they heard the helicopter.

Alex's phone began to ring.

Hello

GET YOUR ASS TO THE TOP OF THE BUILDING NOW. YOU'RE DEAD. YOU HEAR ME. DEA-"

Alex cut the call.

Diana raised her eyebrow.

"I just got a death threat." He replied

She looked shocked. "What?"

"From your brother. He is on top of this building. I told him about asking you to be my date and let's just say he isn't all sunshine." He replied.

They reached the terrace of the building to see Karter standing there beside a rope ladder glaring at him.

He walked up to them. He side hugged Diana still glaring at Alex. He pulled away from her, and before Alex could blink he pushed him on to the wall behind, holding his shirt. "Who gave you the permission?" He growled.

"Karter. Get off him." Diana said stepping in between.

"Karter. She deserves to know." Alex said. "She is going to be a part of this now. Being my date will get her undercover there. She can see the transactions and not be a part of it. Then next time when she goes with you as a partner, she will be more confident."

Karter looked at Diana. She nodded her head.

"Fine. But anything happens to her and I will kill you." He said.

"Yes, boss," Alex replied.

*****

Once they were back at Karter's room, Diana took the box out the bag and placed it on his desk.

The three of them stood away from it as if it would explode.

"I guess we should open it." Karter muttered.

"I guess we should." Diana replied.

Alex felt like he was intruding. Clearly, this was a family thing. He cleared his throat.

" I think I should leave." He said.

"No, stay," Karter ordered. "Diana open it."

Diana started pulling the ducktape off the box. Then removed all the stuff from the box. There was a dagger, a notebook, a scrapbook, and a note.

Diana took the note and read it. She looked like her entire life had just been upturned.

"What is it?" Karter asked.

Diana took a deep breath, folding the letter.

"I am betrothed to the future leader of The Katana."

Alexander's thoughts.
What do you think of him?
Is Karter too protective of Diana?
Do you think Diana is someone who doesn't need to be protected?

Comment and vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

770K 17.6K 32
VERY UNEDITED - PLEASE STOP READING FOR MY OWN SANITY!!!! Diana Sinclair. A school girl. Can be the sweetest young lady you'll ever meet though you...
2.1K 143 32
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
1.1K 82 15
We are always told there is only one devil. But what happens when there are two in the same place waiting to destroy one another? __________________...
120K 4.9K 45
(*completed*) #1 in the Mission series Alexa Black, not an average 18-year-old, had to go undercover in a high school to track down the biggest drug...