The Naive Princess

By Abha3006

''People say you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Truth is, you knew what you had, you just never... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter -18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Epilogue

Chapter-22

10.5K 780 29
By Abha3006

Adi,

After attending the Vikram's Bday party I went straight to the place where my friends were staying. I tired but I couldn't forget Dipika's anger, I knew I will be at the receiving end when she invited no rather commanded me for a small dialogue . She led and I followed, we walked through glass double doors as she led me to the hotel area. Walking into the resturant,   she gestured me to sit taking the chair opposite to me. She smiled once at  Rolli in her arms who demanded attention of her aunt. She placed a small peck on her head and adjusted the baby in her lap, holding her protectively. 

" What made Raksha cry?'' She shot as soon as we were seated

''Why don't you ask her?''

''I am asking you and you better reply.'' Her voice came stern

''She is responsible for those tears of hers not me.''

''You are the reason for the tears directly or indirectly. So you better be bothered about it.'' She replied. My temper started rising . Why is she pointing fingers just at me  and not at her sister in law. 

''Your sister in law tried to compromise my respect , she wanted to blackmail me into the relationship. And that to with the help of my mother.''

''Bingo! So its your mother who is actually the brain behind it , then why are you making Raksha cry?  Rather than blaming her why can't you just sit and discuss, hear her out.''

''Do you know what your dear Raksha tried to do, she tried to break me from my friends. She blamed me for having affair with ANjali.''

''Did you try to sought it out with her? Did you even sit for a day and explained  your relationship to her? She had face a betrayal  in past, she is scared to trust and when she tried you just pushed her away.'' I was about to reply when she raised her palm, ''I am not done yet.  For once just step into her shoes, unlike you and Veer she had been bought up in a protective environment, awarded limited freedom. How do you expect her to be like you ? Yes she is gullible, but you claimed to be in love with her, couldn't you endure little patience to understand her. No, instead you purposely bought Anjali and Anika here to hurt her.''

''Don't drag Anjali into this.'' I warned. ''How would you feel if someone drags your relationship ...'' her palm went up

'' I did not drag Anjali, you did. '' She leaned back with a smirk on her face, she smiled once at Rolli and then lifted her eyes at me, ''Love! I seriously doubt your feelings about Raksha.'' I wanted to hit back but she dismissed me leaving the table, before we could exit she turned, ''One advice for you, ask your mother to refrain giving any kind of advice to Raksha. I really don't want bhai to get involved in the matter.'' Her eyes stayed fixed on me, she was threatening me. I didn't feel bad because she cared for Raksha. Turning my eyes away I just nodded, my mother too was at fault. I will have to talk to her. If Ranvijay gets involved, things could just get out of hands.

When I took my leave from Veer, Dipika's expression clearly displayed displeasure. She didn't like that I touched the kids.  That's obvious, after all she is Raksha's family

***

''What are you thinking Adi?'' My thoughts were broken by Anjali's voice. Taking a deep breath, I turned to face her taking my expressions in control. ''Was making a list about the places you guys should be visiting. I have arranged a car, he will take you around Jaipur  and near by places. James, my dearies are on you.'' He smiled and pulled Anjali in a crushing hug, ''As you say boss.''

Anjali kept her eyes on me, ''Its okay if you don't want to share, don't look for excuses'' I couldn't answer that. She walked off when an excited Anika called her out. What should say? That my mother is using me for some reason. But its high time I confront her.

***

It had almost been a week since my tiff with Dipika. I had not visited my mother in this week. But how long can I ignore the matter. I paced around feeling defeated and confused. I decided to visit the near by city. It is a big tourist spot and has many places where someone could hangout. I couldn't even call Veer, I fear Dipika might have told him about my tiff with Raksha. he would never chose a friend on his sister, no one would infact.

Dressing casually, I pulled out my sports car . I drove accompanied by my favourite music. I need to clear my head, it would be better I leave for London. All this is so consuming, Dipika's words made me feel guilty to the core, did I go too hard on Raksha? The honking behind made me realise about the signal going green. Taking the turn I drove into the parking of the club. The Guard at the entrance welcomed me with a smile and I acknowledged him with a nod. The other side of the door seemed to be a different world, the dim lighting, the conversations in whispers  and slow music. I moved to the lounge area and took the bar stool in corner ordering my drink, for  now I want to forget all. I took a sip when a laughter took my attention. It was group of few youngsters enjoying a get together. I smiled as it reminded me of mine with Veer and few other friends. I don't know if I can ever that again, guess I messed up. Shaking my head I decided not to think about it.

''Hey Raksha, lets dance.'' I froze, that name has power to send my heart into a rampage. I just didn't wanted it to be her. Yet the urge to see her was too strong. With beating heart I turned my eyes , and it was her. Raksha, the girl I have forever in love with. Dressed in maroon knee length dress, she looked angelic. Her soft girls bounced as she twirled around dancing with her friend.  friend? is he just her friend or she has decided to move on. Since the party she hasn't even tried to reach me even once. In a way its good, I decided to ignore her presence, but can I? Her friends screamed surprise as one of the waiters bought the cake. Oh ! Its her bday tomorrow. She must have had plans to celebrate with freinds now and later with family. Why am I not being invite? Do I wanted to be? The answer is yes.

Moving to a dark corner, I took a couch from where I could see her but she couldn't. Her friends fed her cake one by one. Then a guy asked her hand, smiling she took his and danced as others clapped. She passed from one male friend to other, definitely enjoying the dance and moment. I gulped another glass to quench the burn in my throat. She seemed yo have forgotten me completely . Am I jealous? Yes I am , I always believed her to be mine, even before I confessed my feelings and now watching her dancing with different males was messing with my giant ego. One of her friends rubbed some cake on her face and she whined like a child making them laugh. She made her way tobthe wash room and so did I. Dont know why , niether I tried to question myselef .

Before she could enter I grabbed her arm pulling her into the common one. She stared at me all surprised, " what are doing here?"

"Is this place too owned by Rathores that I am not suppose to enter." I was wondering why was I being rude.

"why do you have to drag my family into it? Now let me go because you are drunk" she tired  pushing me away. My groggy reasoning and mountain size ego made me grab her that instant, with an arm around her waist I pulled her hard against my chest . My lips moved to her  cheeks licking the cream of it; " happy birthday Raksha "Her fingers curled around my tshirt and her eyes closed at the moment of touch.

"Wouldn't you thank me for the heartfelt wishes?" I asked when she didn't respond. She stared at me unblinking,  "what do you want Adi?"

"What can you offer? A dance or a kiss or all of you" I replied with a smirk

" are you deserving enough Aditya Ranawat?"

"Why do you ask now? Don't  you remember offering yourself in name of friendship?  Was I worthy enough then?" Her face turned crimson but she kept her expression firm, " yes then I believed you to be worthy enough. Now, I am not sure"

"Really? Then what are you doing here in my arms?"

She smirked, " i didn't jump into them and why are  you holding me close when you already has labeled me to me mean and selfish?" Her voice turned decibel higher. 

"I wish I knew the answer." My arms tighten around her as I lifted her if the floor slightly, " are you enjoying those young lads Princess ? Are they better than me?"

"Yes I am enjoying them, they are doing best to make me smile. They aren't expecting anything out of it. All they wanted was to make me smile?" Her anger now reflected in her eyes, pushing  me off she walked towards the basin to clean her face. I watched as she splashed water on her face bringing out her natural self. She had pulled her hair up to prevent them from getting wet, her long neck reminded me of an elegant swan . I was aware but not completely in control due to the extra shots I had. I stood behind her, our gazes locked in the  mirror. Locking her to the basin island I dropped my head on to her shoulder," I am a mess and you are responsible for it"

"Rakhsu, are you fine it has been long" the voice from the other side of the door made her pull away. But it rubbed me in a opposite way, pulling her back harshly I asked, "So he is close and you guys are on nickname basis? "

Her silence and struggled irked me . The guy asked again and she replied  this time" I will be out in a minute" Cupping her face, I turned it back to me. Dipping further I pecked her lips, "happy birthday love " she stared at me with tears in her eyes.

" you can't just push and pull me like that every time Adi"

"It pains right? You did the same with me for years,  now enjoy your own medicine. " i pecked her again. I seriously don't know what am I doing and why? All I know and see is her. She turned  her eyes away, "let me go"

And I did, there was so much pain in her voice that even  my half awake senses felt it, " Go home Raksha, don't roam with these wastrels"

"You are no one to command me" she replied.  I watched  and felt the heat of a royal in her. Taking a step I stood a step away from her," don't  make me do something  you wouldn't like Princess"

" Princess?  Yes I am one and I warn you against trying your luck any further. I don't  want our issue to affect your friendship with my brother." Just then my phone rang, Anjali's name flashed on the screen. " you can't have all Mr Ranawat. " with that she walked off. I followed her and stood at a distance watching her. She behaved and looked normal. After few minutes she left the place with her friends. I dialled Anjali back, James answered, " where are you  Adi?"

"What are you doing on her phone?"

"Leave all that, your mother has reached the castle we are staying . I just don't  want us to be there in your absence. Could you make it early? "

"I  am on my way." With that I quickly made my way out. Mrs Anuradha Ranawat chose the worst time . While driving to the haveli I recalled my behaviour an hour back, I cursed myself for losing control again . Don't  know what would be the repercussion of my actions . I just hope things don't  go out of hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done with one more. Do let me know your views. Don't  forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.1K 3.9K 27
๐‘ฉ๐’๐’๐’Œ #๐Ÿ ๐’Š๐’ ๐‘ป๐’Š๐’†๐’… ๐‘บ๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’”. "๐€๐ง๐ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ฆ๐ž" ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐จ๐จ...
5.9M 271K 74
Sequel to Billionnaire's Ex Wife!! "I'm closer than you think. 25 years. You took 25 years of my life and locked me up like an animal. The day I'll...
94 0 31
A collection of all the times I wrote to you, and all the things I should have said sooner. Some things are better left unsaid, some things are bette...