Another World: Book I

By mspremier

In the novel "The Prince and the Peasant", the male lead prince Chen Heng Li was once betrothed to the Wester... More

Intro
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen 💥
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One 1/2
Chapter Twenty One 2/2
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six 1/2
Chapter Twenty Six 2/2
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight 1/2
Chapter Twenty Eight 2/2
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty 1/2
Chapter Forty 2/2
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight 1/2
Chapter Forty Eight 2/2
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two - Finale
Extra Scenes #1
Extra Scenes #2

Chapter Fifty One

26.4K 1.1K 213
By mspremier

When I woke up, I was lying on a bed with the royal physician grasping my wrist through a thin cloth. I blinked my eyes to adjust to the dim surrounding. The place does not look familiar to me but judging by how wide the room was and how luxurious the things were, I'm guessing I'm still in the imperial palace.

I noticed Chen Mu standing at the end of the bed with both his arms crossed over his chest. When he saw me staring at him, he walked towards me. He sat on the bed and placed his hand on my other free hand resting on my belly.

"What happened?" I muttered, my throat dry and my mouth parched.

Before he could answer, the royal physician suddenly let go of my hand and kneeled on the ground. He bowed down, his forehead touching the floor, and with a booming voice, he exclaimed, "Congratulations to the first Prince and the first Princess. The first Princess is carrying a royal child!"

The servants in the outer chambers heard the declaration and also kneeled and repeated the physician's greetings. Soon, the entire hall was unified in chanting congratulations.

I was so overwhelmed and surprised but I had no strength to even counter the physician's claims.

How can I become pregnant when nothing happened between me and Chen Mu?

I am a virgin!

This probably has something to do with the pill that Chen Mu made me take. As the royal physician went out of the room, I thought I would be able to interrogate Chen Mu about my sudden 'pregnancy' but the royal concubine entered the room.

"Play with it." Chen Mu muttered in a low voice which only I can hear. He then stood up on the side so his mother can have some space.

I glared at him.

I will.

But you have some explaining to do.

I sighed.

"Fan'er! We were all worried about you!" The royal concubine exclaimed as she held my hand.

"Mother, I'm okay. Don't worry too much." I assured her.

"You need to be more careful especially now that you're carrying a child." A genuine smile graced the imperial concubine's lips and I couldn't help but feel guilty about lying to her.

Chen Mu better have a good explanation for this.

If they found out that I'm not really pregnant, then what would become of me?

Ahh, my poor self.

"Rest then, I will just have to talk with Mu'er for a bit." The imperial concubine tapped my hand and motioned for Chen Mu to follow her.

When the mother and son duo left, Xiao Yu entered the room. She was sobbing and hiccuping at the same time.

"Xiao Yu, calm yourself." I chuckled and handed her a handkerchief.

"Miss..." Xiao Yu took the piece of cloth and wiped her tears as she seemed to calm down.

"Why are you crying? I'm not dying, you know." I teased her.

"Miss, I'm just happy. Finally, you're having a child of your own." Xiao Yu confessed, "Miss, all I wanted is for you to be happy."

I sat up from the bed and pulled Xiao Yu in for a hug. Tears started to stream down my face as I held onto Xiao Yu. I suddenly felt awful.

I'm sorry.

"Miss, you shouldn't cry. The baby will know if you're crying too." Xiao Yu berated me as she wiped my face.

"I know." I smiled at Xiao Yu, giving the estimate reassuring smile I can muster.

"Miss, drink this," Xiao Yu gave me a cup of water, "You need to rest."

I took the water and gratefully drank it. My throat felt better now and my mouth doesn't feel dry anymore. Xiao Yu took the empty cup and exited the room.

I laid down and stared at the ceiling blankly. My mind is a jumbled mess.

Braincell 1: Once they found out about this pregnancy scheme, you're a dead meat!

Braincell 2: This isn't Bai Fan's fault. Blame Chen Mu! He didn't even tell Bai Fan what's happening!

Braincell 1: You should have come clean! You should have told the royal physician he was wrong!

Braincell 2: Do you think Bai Fan can do that when she's obviously in shock? She can't do anything in that situation!

Braincell 3: Shut up both of you! This is not a problem at all!

Braincell 1 and Braincell 2: What do you mean?

Braincell 3: Let's get Bai Fan pregnant for real. End of the discussion.

I can't anymore.

Before I could turn crazy, the door opened and revealed the ever stoic face of Chen Mu. He sat beside me once again, his fingers ran up and down my cheeks.

"Will you care tell me what this is all about?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry," He apologized, "for not telling you beforehand. It was all sudden so I was not able to inform you."

"What happened?"

"There were two princesses in the Han envoy."

"And?"

"They're planning to have one of the princesses marry into Chen Heng Li's harem."

"And the other princess?"

"For me."

My eyes widened, "For you?"

"They want her to be my concubine." He confirmed.

I stared at him, not really knowing what to do or what to say.

"Remember when I told you I don't need a concubine?" He asked as he landed a kiss on my forehead.

I nodded.

"I still feel the same way," Chen Mu smiled, "I won't take any concubine."

Of course, I remember.

It was right after we learned that Ming Shu poisoned me.

I'm grateful.

"How is me being pregnant going to dissuade them?" I still have my doubts.

"Don't worry, I have my ways. Just continue acting pregnant. You're going to stay here for a week. Mother wanted to make sure everything is alright with you before she lets you go." Chen Mu told me.

"What about you? Are you going to leave me here?" I asked, not really liking the idea of staying in the imperial palace.

"I have something to do. I will come back and get you." Chen Mu promised.

"But what if the royal physician's find out I'm not actually pregnant."

"Take this pill every day. It doubles your heartbeat, confusing the royal physicians into thinking that you're pregnant." Chen Mu said and took out a dark bottle out of his sleeves.

I'm just glad that their medical knowledge and facilities were still lacking.

"Will I get chest pains? What if I faint again?"

"That only happens the first time you take it."

Chen Mu was about to stand up but I quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him back down.

"Chen Mu, this plan will probably work for now but what happens next? We may get rid of the Han envoy but what about your mother and everyone who is expecting a child from me?" I let out my worries.

Sure, Chen Mu might avoid marrying the Han princess but what about me? What about my 'pregnancy'? We can't go like "Puff! The baby is gone! Magic!"

"Don't worry," Chen Mu leaned close to me, his breathing fanning my cheeks, "we'll work on that as soon as we get home. No more disturbances."

Braincell 1: Pft. I'm sure someone's going to intrude once again.

Braincell 2: When Chen Mu says no more disturbances, then it means no more disturbances!

Braincell 3: ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

455K 9.2K 124
In her previous life, Li Qinghe married into the Xu family with pomp and splendor but was treated coldly and ignored by everyone in the household she...
14.7K 140 12
清穿之幸运人生 As an inconspicuous concubine in the palace, Wu Yafangyi thought that her life would be like this. After all, not every transmigration girl...
1M 18.6K 63
Gu Ningyou found out that she was just a vicious female support in a novel only after she had died. After she got reborn, she no longer wanted to be...
5.7K 95 14
[CURRENTLY BEING EDITED] [ORIGINAL STORY] Guide To Becoming A Business Tycoon In Ancient times: Step 1: Have a powerful mysterious space Step 2: Tran...