Chapter Forty Six

With Chen Mu beside me, we entered an isolated hut at the farthest corner of the Mo Manor. Prince Mo Li wanted to come but Riu had him locked up in his room.

An old man was seated on the center of the narrow room with two shadow guards behind him. He looked tired and the obvious dark bags underneath his eyes made him look more pitiful.

"Is he the one you mentioned?" I whispered to Chen Mu.

Chen Mu nodded in confirmation.

I took tiny steps forward as the old man cautiously eyed my every movement. Chen Mu grabbed a chair and placed it in front of the man. I sat and cleared my throat.

"Hello, I am Princess Bai Fan," I awkwardly introduced myself, "I need your help."

The man just stared at me without speaking a word.

"I'm sorry that Chen Mu had to drag you here. Don't worry, your help will be awarded and I'll make sure Chen Mu won't have you tied up again." I continued.

Still no answer.

"Can you please help me?"

The man blinked his eyes.

I turned to Chen Mu and asked in a hushed voice, "Is he mute?"

"No." Chen Mu answered.

"Then why isn't he talking?" I raised my brows.

"He's from another empire," Chen Mu gestured for one of his men to bring him a chair and sat beside me, "he speaks a different language."

I glared at Chen Mu.

Then why didn't you tell me?!

Chen Mu began to talk in a foreign language that I have no idea of and the man answered. I sat there listening to their exchange in awe.

I was not aware that Chen Mu can speak another language. The words rolled off his tongue so smoothly that I couldn't help but gaze at Chen Mu in admiration.

Wow...

He looks so sexy...

I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

After a few minutes, the man sighed and nodded his head. Chen Mu dismissed the shadow guards and only the three of us were left. The old man pointed at my hands and I looked at Chen Mu.

"Raise your hand." I did as I was told and Chen Mu draped a white cloth over my wrist.

The old man touched my wrist with his fingers and felt my pulse. He spoke to Chen Mu and Chen Mu stood up. He motioned for us to follow him in the hot spring just beside the hut.

As we stood beside the steaming waters, Chen Mu took out a dark cloth from his sleeves and tied it around the old man's eyes, covering his sight.

"Take of your clothes." Chen Mu instructed me.

"What..." I creased my brows.

"We're going in the water." Chen Mu answered.

"Do I really have to take off my clothes?" My face starting to heat up.

"Mm..."

"Then cover your eyes too!" I demanded.

"Why?" Chen Mu asked with a stoic expression.

What do you mean why?!

"Turn around." I pleaded.

"Mm..." Chen Mu did.

My eyes wandered at the surrounding, making sure that no one is around.

"No one will come here. I've cleared this area." Chen Mu said as if reading my mind.