Chapter Forty Five

Arriving at the Mo Manor, we were greeted by the cheerful servants and of course, the owner of the manor, Prince Mo Li.

Unlike Chen Mu who's on the manlier side, Prince Mo Li was a beauty rivaling the female beauties of the empire.

"Miss, I think you've found a competition." Xiao Yu whispered to me, stunned by the effeminate appearance of the man who greeted us with a wide grin.

I...

"Finally! I'm able to meet the lady who ensnared my cousin!" Prince Mo Li warmly spoke as he sauntered towards me.

I let out a surprised gasp when I felt his lips land on the corner of my lips. At the same time, a loud smack was heard and Prince Mo Li was thrown on the ground.

"Chen Mu, what was that for?!" Prince Mo Li was rubbing his head while Chen Mu was standing behind him like an innocent child.

Xiao Yu and were stupefied while the rest of the servants were muffling their laughter. It seemed like Chen Mu and Mo Li's petty fights were a daily occurrence and everyone was used to it.

Chen Mu ignored Prince Mo Li's cursing as he walked towards me. He raised his sleeves and wiped the same spot where Prince Mo Li had kissed me.

"Dirty."

"Dirty?! How dare you call my precious kiss dirty?!" Prince Mo Li stood up and pulled Chen Mu by his collar. Chen Mu slapped Prince Mo Li's hand away before grabbing my hands and pulling me inside the manor.

We walked inside one of the courtyards with Prince Mo Li in tow. We entered the room and Chen Mu slammed the door shut before Prince Mo Li could enter.

"Chen Mu! Open this door! I haven't even had a proper look at your princess!" Prince Mo Li shouted from outside, demanding us to open the door.

"Riu," Chen Mu muttered between his gritted teeth and Riu appeared in front of us, "take him back to his courtyard. Barricade all exit."

Riu bowed his head and opened the door to reveal Prince Mo Li with his hand on his hip. Prince Mo Li smiled when he saw the door open but was that smile was quickly wiped out when Riu unceremoniously carried him over his shoulders.

"Put me down, Riu! How dare you do this to a prince!" He struggled and tried to escape from Riu but it was all in  vain, "Damn you Chen Mu! This is so embarrassing!"

I couldn't help but smile wryly while looking at the disappearing shadow of Riu and Prince Mo Li. I thought Prince Mo Li would have the same personality like Chen Mu, a man of words, but I guess I was wrong.

He's a bit...

Eccentric?

Though Chen Mu and Mo Li are both shameless...

"Are you sure Prince Mo Li is going to be okay?" I turned towards Chen Mu and reminded him, "We are in his manor."

"He'll live." Chen Mu shrugged.

"Didn't you say you have a 'surprise' for me?" I asked remembering what Chen Mu mentioned when he came to see me at the inn.

"Mm..."

"Where is he?" My eyes wandered inside the room, trying to look for any tied man inside the room.

"You should rest first then we'll go see him later." Chen Mu ushered me towards the chair. Chen Mu started to unravel my hair, removing the hairpins one by one.

"You shouldn't. I'll call Xiao Yu to help m-"

"I'll do it." Chen Mu answered, cutting me off.

"Okay." I sat quietly and let Chen Mu comb my hair.