Chapter Forty Eight 2/2

I sighed for the hundredth time today as I stare at my reflection in the bronze mirror.

Prince Mo Li decided to use my face as a canvas for his so called 'artwork that exceeds human boundaries.' If you ask me of my opinion, I'd like to describe his artwork using one word which is mess.

Different colors covered my entire face. A line here, circles there, and drawings that I can decipher. My face was a perfect example of a very complicated abstract art.

I heard Xiao Yu trying to muffle her laughter behind me while Prince Mo Li looked satisfied with his masterpiece. Only Riu was looking at me in horror.

Riu, I feel you.

"What do you think?" Prince Mo Li asked with a smile as he placed his paintbrush down and wiped his paint-stained hands in his sleeves.

"Do you want me to be honest?" I gritted my teeth.

"Of course. You don't need to hold back on your praises for my wonderful artistic skills." Prince Mo Li smirked, obviously proud of what he did.

"You," I took another look at the mirror in front of me and stopped myself from crying, "suck."

Prince Mo Li had a shocked expression and held his hand on his chest as if his heart is hurting from my words.

"I'm quite disappointed Princess Bai Fan, I thought you would understand and appreciate a high quality artwork." Prince Mo Li said and shook his head.

High quality artwork my ass.

Even a three year old paint better than you.

Prince Mo Li turned to Xiao Yu, "Girl, what about you? What do you think of my artwork?"

"Your highness, its the best!" Xiao Yu exclaimed with humor in her voice.

"I like your personal maid Princess Bai Fan. She has a great taste!" Prince Mo Li chuckled.

I narrowed my eyes on Xiao Yu through the mirror and she cleared her throat before excusing herself to prepare snacks for us.

"How about you Riu? How much do you love my artwork?" Prince Mo Li questioned the stiff Riu who was guarding my chambers' entrance.

"Master won't be happy." Riu answered simply.

"Glad he isn't here!" Prince Mo Li laughed and clapped his hands in delight, "Since I can't get a hold of Chen Mu, at least I had a revenge on his beloved wife."

Oh, is that so?

An idea popped inside my head, like a flickering lightbulb.

"Riu..."

"Yes mistress?" Riu asked.

"Hold down Prince Mo Li." I instructed.

"Wha-" Before Prince Mo Li could realize what's happening, Riu had him locked up in his seat with both his hands tied behind his back and Riu pushing his shoulders down.

Wow, that was fast.

"What are you planning to do?" Prince Mo Li asked with fear in his eyes, "I am a prince!"

"Don't worry, it won't hurt!" I smiled at him sweetly as I sauntered towards his direction.

"Riu, let go of me!" Prince Mo Li shouted as he tried to struggle from Riu's hold but he was not able to free himself.

I took the paintbrush and aimed it at his face. He moved his head sideways but Riu was able to lock his head with one of his hands. I leisurely took my time and painted a lively scenery on his face. I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from laughing.