Pictures of Us

By Twoony

In order to help his best friend confess, Mylo agrees to also confess to his so-called crush. Surprisingly, h... More

IMG 001
IMG 003
IMG 004
IMG 005
IMG 006
IMG 007
IMG 008
IMG 009
IMG 010
IMG 011
IMG 012
IMG 013
IMG 014
IMG 015
IMG 016
IMG 017
IMG 018
IMG 019
IMG 020
IMG 021
IMG 022
IMG 023
IMG 024
IMG 025
Q&A
Announcement
Fan Art

IMG 002

16.6K 1.1K 839
By Twoony

The school day goes by at a surprisingly quick pace, then again, it has been for the last week or so. Being seniors means slacking off and, obviously, I do exactly that. Sleeping through the majority of my classes or chucking wads of paper at fellow classmates to distract them-

"Fuck off, Mylo!" A very angry Gretchen shrieks at me after the second wad of paper gets stuck in the jungle that is her hair. Her face becomes flush when Mr. Haunder shouts at her for her language. I, on the other hand, am left off scotch free, snickering with Olivia a few seats back.

Olivia is making more ammunition and our friends learn very quickly how to duck and dodge effectively when our teacher isn't looking. Ah yes, the last week is a breeze and I'm enjoying every second of it.

However, there is a mixture of joy and dread in the air throughout the course of the day and somehow that equates to it ending in the blink of an eye. Upon thinking that, I realize how quickly life has gone by. One second I remember my father putting me on his shoulders to see over the crowd, the next I'm on the verge of standing on stage with a diploma while looking into the crowd. It's a daunting thought that has me shivering as the bell rings to signal our freedom.

"Good luck," I say to Olivia after I get up, trying to book it out of there before she can back out.

"W-Wait! Mylo, a-are we sure we wanna do this?" Olivia calls after me, running with her short little legs to catch up to me. At least I'm assuming she is by the sound of footsteps behind me and her voice growing louder.

I shrug just before she comes into my peripheral vision. "Why not? If I get to fuck Jace and you get Sonya then it's all-good. If we don't, we move on with our lives."

Olivia rolls her eyes at me. "You make it sound so easy."

"Because it is."

Her expression says she doesn't believe me. Her nose scrunches up in disbelief while she shakes her head before letting out a heavy sigh. "You're hopeless."

I don't get it but whatever. "Go get your princess and I'll see if the prince is feeling horny."

Olivia grunts, punching me swiftly in the side without any remorse. I let out a surprised yelp followed by a few groans while I rub my newly injured side. Olivia quickly leaves and I watch her disappear down the hall and around the corner.

I really do hope things go well for her. It would do her a lot of good to get herself a girlfriend. Get her some of that...V? If I said that she'd hit me.

I, on the other hand, don't really care how things go for me. I make my way to the club room without a care in the world. I do think over the possibility of lying about speaking with Jace but, I have this awful feeling Olivia may try interrogating him. If that happens she'll bug the hell out of me or spew some bullshit to Jace about how I'm "totally in love with him" because apparently the desire to fuck equates to love now. Whatever, she's bat shit crazy.

It doesn't take long to reach the photography club room that has been a part of my life since my freshman year. Though our activities have been over for some time we're having one last meet up to say goodbye to the seniors, obviously I being one of them.

Maybe I'm feeling nostalgic when I hesitate to grasp the handle, thinking of how I'll be stepping into the room full of memories that will soon be only that; memories. No more joking around with under class man, no more plans for club outings, no more taking silly pictures with each other before getting yelled at by Mrs. Yelenik.

Damn it, I'm making myself super fucking depressed. I need to stop this sentimental shit, it's starting to remind me that I have a heart. Ouch, is that it beating? I forgot what it felt like.

With a deep sigh, I push open the door to find almost everyone has already arrived. It's not surprising to find them looking towards me, smiling and greeting me as they immediately begin to point out the fact that this is our last meeting together. I'm sure they did the same to Dillon, a fellow senior that is part of the club with me who obviously arrived earlier since I see him sitting on the windowsill across from the door.

Hearing their joking tones sting in a way but is uplifting at the same time. There goes my heart again, beating animatedly in my chest while causing my emotions to come forth. I really hate that. It's so much better pretending to be a robot that lacks the basic functions of human emotion.

"Mylo, how does it feel leaving us all behind?" Janet, a sophomore that I may have picked on the majority of my time here, asks with a smile that says she totally enjoyed me and my cruelty. We have a love hate relationship.

"I am leaving those who are beneath me behind so all is right with the world," I reply, sending her a wink causing the girl to gasp in fake offense.

"They're going to end up believing you with that tone," Dillon tacks on with a shake of his head. "That ego of yours will get you in trouble one day."

"And I'm sure it'll drag me right back out."

A familiar chuckle manages to reverberate through the room. I peer out of the corner of my eye at the very boy I am meant to speak with per Olivia's demands; Jace Cuevas.

With his warm brown complexion and hazel eyes so bright most mistake them for contacts, Jace gives off an aura of easiness. Dark brown hair that's short but thick. A stocky stature that would be intimidating if not for his goofy smile that is seen more often than not. To make matters worse, what Jace has on the outside is exactly what he has on the inside, kind and comforting. He's sweet to the point it's unhealthy and caring to the point that it's almost sad.

Damn him for it because it makes it so hard not to jump him everyday. What can I say? Hot guys get me all hot and bothered. Well, so do bad boys. Let's be honest, most boys get me hot and bothered. I have very little preference.

"Why are we even having a meeting?" Hayley asks, breaking me from my admiration of the fuck-able hunk that is Jace. I look towards the girl whose sitting at a desk with her arms crossed. "The yearbook has been long finished. It's weird to have a meeting at the end of the year."

"You could always quit the club," Dillon says, sending Hayley a playful grin that she rolls her eyes at. She obviously meant no offense by it, was simply asking but everyone is going to give her shit for it anyways...because we can, that's how life works.

"Now, now everyone, play nice," Mrs. Yelenik's voice comes in, appearing behind me just as her hand playfully ruffles the unruly red locks that is my hair. I huff while desperately trying to tame the beast that she awoke but to no avail.

Yep, it's ruined now, not that it was tamed before but whatever, I can blame her.

"I simply wanted us all to be able to have one last day together, besides, I didn't bring everyone here without planning to reward you all," Mrs. Yelenik says in a sweet voice moments before the doors open to reveal Tyrell and Don with boxes of pizzas. The entire room breaks out with strings of "thank you" and "I love you". Much like our other meetings, it goes by in a flash.

Everyone is joking, laughing, enjoying themselves as Mrs. Yelenik thanks us for the hard work we put in throughout the year. Memories of what happened over the years are shared. The more people speak the more it's hammered into me that I'm really graduating at the end of the week. As I look about the room filled with those I've seen so often that they've become a significant part of my life I feel a sense of sadness.

Graduating is one hell of an emotional roller coaster, that's for sure.

Before I realize it, everyone is saying their goodbyes, only this time it's for good. There's a chance I may pass them in the halls but with our separate grades, I doubt it. So, as the friends I made over the years pass me by, I hug them, wish them luck and try to remember their faces since I doubt I'll see much of them after the end of the week save for whatever they post on social media.

However, my routine is changed a bit when the number of people dwindle down and Jace makes his way to me. We're not exactly best buds but we aren't strangers either. He joined the photography club his freshman year, my sophomore year, and so we've technically known each other for a while. We say hi when we pass each other in the hall, speak when we're at the same event, wish each other happy birthday, all that jazz, but that's about it.

It's why I find it a bit odd to ask, "Jace, can you stay back to talk to me for a minute?

Jace, with wide eyes, looks from side to side as if he thinks there's another Jace I'm speaking to. When no one magically appears at his side, the boy glances back at me with that same look of confusion. It disappears in almost an instant, being replaced with his usual friendly smile that can make even the most uncomfortable of people feel at ease.

"Sure thing, Mylo," Jace says with a nod, returning to his seat while he waits without any explanation from me as to why.

Damn, he's far too nice because I probably would have told me to fuck off if I were him. However, he does exactly as I asked, waits patiently at his desk with his phone out like it's totally normal to do so.

I wonder who the hell manufactured him and what they are doing now. The world seriously needed more of him and I am willing to pay for that shit to be put back on the shelves. Ok, so I would probably buy the whole stock for sinful purposes but that's beside the point.

Anyways, after everything is said and done, I call for Jace to come with me. He doesn't bother to ask why nor does he appear troubled to be following me out of the class to the exit. Neither of us say anything while we walk side by side, exiting the doors to find ourselves in the nearly vacant parking lot. A few stragglers are leaving, probably those like us who were with their clubs having a last meeting. However, it's quiet and remote so I feel like I can get this over with.

"You're probably wondering why I asked you to stick around," I say, bringing my hand up to tousle my hair like that will help at all. Damn, it feels hot and I hope that I'm not appearing as embarrassed as I feel.

Jace doesn't seem to take notice of my odd behavior nor does he appear bothered by it. Rather than respond, Jace simply shrugs, further proving he doesn't mind.

Damn, part of me wishes he would be a little annoyed. Why is he always so freaking calm and nice? Maybe I'm just mean? Yeah, that sounds about right.

Anyways, back to the point, I take a deep breath before I try to determine how to say this. I could be classy and not tell him that I want to fuck him or I can be honest and ask him to fuck me. However, looking to Jace, who seems so innocent, though I'm fairly sure he's not with the amount of girls he's dated, I can't seem to bring myself to do it.

I guess I'm going to be "classy".

"I have a crush on you," I blurt out while staring straight into Jace's now quivering hazel eyes. He does seem to be taken aback for a moment but there's no anger or distaste in his expression, rather it seems to only be confusion.

Normally I have some tact but seeing as I'm doing this with absolutely no hope for Jace to agree, I may as well get it over with. It will be easier to hear him say no and we both move on.

"Probably not what you expected to hear," I mumble, dropping my hand to my side. "But I'm graduating at the end of the week so, fuck it, want to date?"

I don't even have time to think of how he'll deny me before he replies.

"Sure."

Hold the fuck up. What?

"Lets go ahead and exchange numbers then." Jace pulls out his phone, holding it before me like he has total faith that I won't search for his nudes or something. He shouldn't because I totally would, that shit would be gold. However, my brain is too busy blowing the fuck up to process what the hell is happening to take advantage of the situation.

"Mylo?"

"Uh...did you hear me correctly?" I ask, staring at Jace in bewilderment. His facial expression no longer shows confusion, mine is though. Now he seems calm, like he wasn't just confessed to by another guy. Last I checked Jace is straight...right?

"I did," Jace answers, shaking his phone to remind me that he wants my number. Without really thinking about it, I give him my number, handing the phone back before it even registers with me that I did such a thing. "Ah, but I have plans this evening so I'll have to talk to you later, ok?"

"Yeah, that's fine...it's cool."

Is it? Is it cool though?

Because this is kind of serious and Jace is handling it like it isn't serious. He's slipping his phone into his pocket with that soft smile of his like he didn't just agree to date me...a guy, a very openly gay guy.

"Ok, I'll talk to you later then!" Jace waves, smiling so genuinely that I can't help but smile stupidly back.

Wait, don't smile! Fucking ask him what's going on...oh, wait, he's already gone and I'm still smiling so it wouldn't have worked even if he had stayed.

Sighing, I press my hands against my face, twisting my fingers into the red locks of my hair while I try to process what happened. It doesn't work though. No matter how much I ask myself what the fuck I don't get a response other than a repeat of what the fuck.

Somehow I went from confessing to Jace because I wanted to help Olivia with absolutely no hope that anything will come of it to...dating him?

What...the fuck?

~

Note: Mylo really doesn't have a crush on Jace. Does he find him physically attractive and think he's a nice guy? Yeah. But no "I seriously wanna date this person because I like them." I'm just bad at making Mylo only seem lustful.

I know, not my usual set up. Normally y'all gotta wait 20 chapters for official dating status xD This story is certainly different than my norm but I hope you still enjoy it! So what do you think of Mylo and Jace?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Easy By iiDorian

Teen Fiction

78.5K 2.3K 23
Jacen Simens loves hiding his emotions. He's been through a lot but you'd never know it at first glance, or impression. Or second, third, or fourth. ...
27.6K 1.1K 17
"It was the best orgasm I've ever had. It was so intense that for a second there, it felt like my soul would escape through my nipples." Luke and Dan...
3.7M 96.1K 38
Tyler Lewis is a 17-year-old openly gay boy who's been heartbroken so many times. After finding a new "love" his parents were afraid that his heart w...
11.4M 456K 65
Lucas Sawyer has gotten used to being forgotten. His twin brother Mark, captain and star quarterback, everyone's favorite, gets the spotlight. Lucas...