Arranged with Style.

By DayDrreamer_

H.S AU. Clover's Family have weird beliefs and a deep rooted culture that has weaved its traditions into thi... More

Prologue.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
A/N.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15
16
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23
24.
25.
26.
Reminder [NOT AN UPDATE]
27.
28.
Louis.
29.
30.
31
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
Robin. (NOT AN UPDATE)
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
45.
46.
47.
TEAR.
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55

44.

10.2K 320 329
By DayDrreamer_

Hey so I was wondering, would you guys want a summary of everything that's happened so far? Like the key points cos I've taken so long I understand if y'all have forgotten all the important bits lol

Lemme know, and I'll post one after this chapter :)

"Hello?" I asked slightly awkwardly as Tanner, Locke, and Harry all stared at me obviously refusing to give me any privacy.

"Clover! Hi, how are you doing?"

"Um, hey Jace, I'm good. How're you?" I replied sweetly. I watched Harry's expression turn slightly murderous as he muttered accidentally on purpose loudly.

"What the fuck does that twat want now?"

"Who was that?" Jace asked sounding offended on the other end. I squeezed my eyes shut in frustration.

"I'm sorry Jace, that was Harry! Ignore him. Look, was there a reason you rang? I'm kinda in the middle of something. . " I gently tried to tell him to hurry up without sounding rude.

"Oh yeah! I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime?"

I choked on air at his words my eyes flying up to meet Harry's who's dangerously narrowed.

"Um Jace? What-"

"As friends! Sorry that sounded so weird, I meant to hang out. I haven't seen you in ages so I thought we could grab a bite to eat or something."

I furrowed my brows in slight confusion. Me and Jace had never hung out by ourselves, we always hung out with Silver too, and mostly Casey. So it was totally strange that he wanted to hang out with just me. Plus, I thought him and Silver had fixed whatever issues they were having.

"Um, well actually, I have a better idea," I said as my eyes darted up to meet Harry's, a small grin taking over my face, "How about we go on a double date? You and Silver, and I'll bring Harry?" I asked tentatively trying to somehow not hang out with him alone as I knew Harry would probably hate that, and it would also be insanely awkward.

Harry's eyes shot up to mine as Locke and Tanner sniggered beside me. Harry shook his head adamantly. His expression dark.

"Uh. . .yeah, I guess that could work, if Harris agrees to it that is."

"Um, it's Harry Jace, not Harris, and let me ask him," I replied a little bit annoyed that he had got his name wrong on purpose because I had literally just mentioned it half a second earlier.

"It's not happening." Harry denied, shaking his head. "And did that slimy fucker call me Harris? Tell him to come meet me in the ring and I'll make him forget his own damn name." He growled angrily. I giggled slightly whilst Tanner whistled loudly.

"Well, are you sure you don't want a double date? I Suppose I can just meet him myself then, we can go for coffee, or lunch. . ." I trailed off pretending to be getting excited by the prospect. Harry slammed his knife and fork down.

"Tell him we'll be there." He gritted out before standing up with his plates and stalking off. Locke reached over for a high five.

"Hey jace, Harry says it's fine! So how about we go for lunch tomorrow?"

"Yay. . That sounds great. See you then."

After finalising the details I finally hung up the phone and focused my attention back to the boys. Harry had come back still looking pretty pissed off, and now we were all seated just going over things.

"I don't like him."

Locke announced, now munching on some Pringles. Tanner nodded his head in agreement. Harry cracked his knuckles loudly clearly in agreement with them as well.

"Heyyy, he's a nice dude. Him and Silver got me Bonnie remember?" I defended weakly. Harry cast a glance down at the perpetually excited puppy that was hovering around the table legs distastefully.

"All the more reason to dislike him then."

I rolled my eyes slightly.

"Okay, enough of bashing Clover's limited friends for one day. Can we get back to the issue at hand?" I pleaded stealing some Pringles from Locke. Tanner threw an arm around my shoulders casually as he sighed heavily.

"Flower, I love your optimism. . But I don't think there's much to be done now. Our only lead just fell through." He said sadly. I glanced around at them and I noticed how saddened and pessimistic they all looked. Locke was munching through his food as if he wasn't even tasting it, Harry looked like he wanted to punch several things or people, and Tanner was like a candle that had been put out. I frowned.

"Hey," I murmured softly, "There's always something to be done. You can't just give up now. In fact, I have an idea, it's stupid but it's something." I encouraged gently as an idea formed in my head, a really reckless and stupid idea that was nothing like me.

"Any day today princess." Harry broke me out of my thoughts making me realise that they had all been staring at me in silence whilst I pondered on how to word it without being attacked. I blushed profusely at the term of endearment that hadn't been used in a while and the fact that he used it in front of his friends.

"Let's break into Johnnys house."

There was a few seconds of silence before all hell broke loose. Tanner shouted in shock, Harry yelled at me angrily and Locke actually just carried on eating.

"Guys, seriously. I bet there's loads of stuff there. Maybe he has a guy who carries out all his super intense stuff for him that no one knows about? It would make sense right? And maybe you'll find something there." I explained staring at them all. Harry looked contemplative as if he was actually considering it.

"She has a good point, but flower, the reason we've never done this is because he always has armed body guards with him that guard the house." Tanner spoke sounding defeated again. I also deflated realising he was right. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

"Except when there's a match," Harry spoke up making us all snap our eyes up to him, "Yeah, when there's a match it requires all his security detail to contain the crowd. The house is most likely unguarded." Harry's eyes were bright with hope once again and it made my heart soar seeing him get a little excited. It was getting tiring constantly seeing him in a some sort of negative state. I just wanted him to be happy.

Locke snapped his fingers.

"Hear me out, Harry, you should call for a re match with either Johnny or one of his top bitches, so Johnny is guaranteed to be there. One of us should go and be in the crowd, whilst the other two break into his house. Whoever's in the crowd can warn the others when he leaves to head home."

We all stared at him in silence.

"What?" He shrugged, holding up his Pringles, "Brain food."

I giggled whilst Harry smacked the back of his head in annoyance making him yelp. His blue eyes glimmered with mischief as he regarded us all intensely, suddenly seeming to have woken up from his dazed hungry state he had been in since his arrival.

"You have a match tomorrow right?" Locke asked Harry pointing a Pringle in his face. Harry narrowed his eyes dangerously and nodded slowly, "Right, once this boring legal match is over, call up dear old Johnny and arrange a fight. We can work out the rest afterwards."

Harry considered for a while before agreeing reluctantly.

"I doubt we'll find much, but it's worth a shot. Plus, he can have a taste of his own medicine since he loves breaking into other people's houses." Harry growled lowly, his fingers turning into fists and making his biceps bulge. I gulped as my eyes lingered on his muscular form, unable to take my eyes away. He was so god damn attractive.

***

After that, we spent time going over some of the possible details, and trying to work out what Harry should say, although he kept insisting he didn't need help and he wasn't "a fucking child" but we all collectively ignored him obviously. The boys went home and me and Harry had lunch together, during which as I was washing up he proceeded to pick me up and press me into the wall and began kissing me. Harry then went to the gym, I played with Bonnie and called up my family, we had dinner, and had a very intense make out session in bed. My heart nearly beat out of my chest during that.

Now I watched as Harry reluctantly got dressed moaning about how much he didn't trust Jace and didn't like him, and that we shouldn't go.

"Harry," I murmured with a pout, "I promised him. We can't not go." I said as I peered up at him with imploring eyes. He rolled his eyes before glancing back at me.

"Fine ok," he snapped. "But put those damn puppy dog eyes away." He huffed making me giggle as I reached over and gathered him into a warm hug. Pressing a kiss to his jaw I mumbled a soft thank you into his chest. I felt him relax slightly against me and a feather light kiss was dropped onto the crown of my head making me feel all mushy and safe.

Leaning back I gave him a bright grin and proceeded to carry on getting dressed. I felt him looking at me as I buttoned my skinny jeans and it made me all flustered as usual.

"Where did you say we were gonna meet Jason?" Harry asked as he shoved his phone in his pockets and turned to face me taking my breath away at how attractive he looked in his all black attire. It really made his green eyes pop.

"It's Jace, Harry, and we're meeting for lunch at the Royal London." I said with a huff as I also picked up my phone. They both knew each other's names, but refused to say them correctly which I found entirely petty and unreasonable. Honestly, men.

I groaned as we headed towards the dreaded bike making Harry smirk at me wickedly. He helped me clip my helmet on and then helped me onto the bike before we were off, my face buried in his broad back refusing to look up. I thought about the Rose ring that was now sat on my middle finger fondly. I couldn't fathom how war we'd come since our marriage. All the dates, the late night kisses, the birthday, the hugs, everything made my heart go whoosh. I was so damn fond of Harry it was unreal. I liked him so much my heart could burst. I was falling, I could feel it and damn it felt great.

Parking up Harry got off and turned to help me with my helmet but I had already yanked it off excitedly. Popping my head out I grinned at him toothily making the corners of his lips twitch in amusement as he helped me off with a steady hand on my hip knowing how clumsy I was.

We headed into the Royal London and through the glass I could see my sister sat alongside her blonde headed boyfriend. Harry also seemed to notice them as his hand grabbed mine and interlocked our fingers together tightly. I glanced down and then glanced at his expressionless face as I broke out into a giddy smile, my heart having a little hiccup.

"Greenie! I haven't seen your face in far too long!" I heard Silver yell as we neared their cosy little table, I wriggled my hand out of Harry's in order to hug her back as she came barrelling into me nearly knocking me over.

"Ow you big oaf! And honestly it hasn't been long enough," I teased as we pulled away slightly. She rolled her eyes at me as she turned to Harry.

"Harry, how nice of you to join us," She said sickeningly sweetly. Harry had his hands in his pockets as he towered above me and Silver. His expression didn't waver as he raised an eyebrow down at her.

"Sure." Is all he replied with, making me huff out a little laugh as I said hi to Jace before taking our seats.

"Jason." Harry greeted sternly. His jaw was clenched tight and he looked angry all of a sudden. I saw a look of hatred flash through Jace's eyes which made me frown slightly in confusion. He gritted his teeth.

"It's Jace."

"Okay!" Silver said breaking the tension from opposite us where she sat beside Jace in the booth. "So, how is everyone?"

"We're good Sil, how's mum and dad? And Gran?" I asked her, my heart jumping into my throat when I felt Harry's large hand creep onto my thigh. He let it just rest there, the warmth seeping through my jeans and making a flush rise to my cheeks that I tried to hide.

"They're alright," She rolled her eyes, "Being all cutesy and shit as always." I stifled a giggle at her words knowing how in love my parents were and how sickeningly gross Silver found it.

We continued on with light conversation, all the while Harry's hand remained on my thigh, heavy and sending searing heat straight through my thigh. It was possessive and demanding and made me feel kind of giddy. We ate lunch, and the entire time Harry sat there glaring at Jace whilst me and Silver talked. I was surprised at Jace as he kept making small digs here and there at Harry which was clearly aggravating him, and if it came down to a fight, it was clear who would win.

For example when it came to ordering food, Harry handed me the vegetarian menu which was so endearingly sweet because it meant that he had been listening to my random late night rambles about how I didn't like meat anymore for some reason, however Jace cut in and handed me the regular menu.

"Clovers not a vegetarian," He said with a snort and a slight eye roll. I timidly accepted both menus feeling too awkward to say anything as Harry glared at Jace. I could practically feel darkness radiating from him. In the end I awkwardly told Jace that I didn't like meat that much and proceeded to order from the Veggie menu.

Jace had gritted his teeth and wrapped an arm around Silver instead making me so confused as to what the hell was happening. But as a thank you, I reached under the table and gave Harry's hand an appreciative squeeze to calm him down and to also show how much I appreciated him paying attention to the small things. I felt him relax slightly but his jaw was still clenched tight.

Everything was smooth for a while, Harry occasionally added something, mostly it was me, Silver and Jace doing all the talking but I didn't really mind as Harry deferred from fiddling with my fingers or placing his hand on my thigh and squeezing here and there.

But of course then the peace was ruined as Jace mentioned my step-Dad and made another dig at Harry.

"I think Richard suspects me and Silver are together—that's Clovers Dads name," Jace spike directing the last bit at Harry assuming he didn't know, "Not her real dad though, her step-dad, I assume she hasn't told you." I frowned as Harry gritted his teeth.

"She's told me plenty, Jason." Harry growled low in his throat, his muscles were all tense and his green eyes were dark with unrestrained fury. I knew Harry had a short temper, and he didn't like Jace anyway, and Jace was really pushing his buttons right now. Me and Silver exchanged a glance and I sent her a questioning look wondering what the hell was wrong with her boyfriend all of a sudden. She shrugged her shoulders and attempted to diffuse the tension again by rambling on about some random story.

I interlocked my hand with Harry's this time, although it made me slightly nervous, but I swallowed down my shyness and pulled his hand into my lap. He looked ready to snap, and I really hoped he didn't.

He glanced down at me, his jaw clenched tight and his lips drawn in a line. I gave him a slightly wide eyed stare and bit my lip, silently pleading with him not to explode. I saw him close his eyes slightly before forcing himself to relax again. I smiled warmly loving how he was restraining his anger for me.

The situation calmed down enough for our food to arrive and for us to eat in peace, however the last and final straw was yanked by Jace once again, but this time Harry wasn't the one to snap; it was me.

Jace had earlier noticed Harry struggling to read the menu and caught on when I whispered what some of the more complicated and wordy orders said to him, and clearly though it was he hilarious to try and embarrass him.

Not on my fucking watch.

Now, conflicts weren't for me, ever. I was far too timid and shy to ever even try, however this time I was feeling emotional, I had convinced Harry to come with me by being sly, and the whole time he had been getting jabbed at whilst he didn't defend himself for my sake. I was feeling pounds of guilt, and when Jace tried to make Harry read something in order to embarrass him about his dyslexia I snapped. I felt so strangely protective of Harry, I knew he could look after himself, and generally he was the one being all protective and stuff, but no one knew him like I did. He was so hurt inside all his walls, he really didn't need anymore. Especially by my friends.

It went something like this:

"Hey man, can you tell me what that news report says, I can't see from this angle." Jace spoke pointing to the TV on the wall behind his head. Silver was currently in the bathroom.

I saw Harry glance over at the screen, and I realised he probably wasn't going to be able to read it as it was some pretty big lengthy words. So I went to read it instead but Jace stopped me by asking me to pass him the Ketchup.

I saw Harry's fists clench as he stared hard at the screen.

"It says," He spoke, his voice was hard and steely and totally emotionless, "Three people were vici- viciousaly," Harry stumbled over the word 'viciously' making my heart ache. I slammed my fork down making both of them snap their eyes to me in shock. A very rare and angry Clover was about to come out of hiding to defend her man.

"Jace, what the hell is wrong with you?" I snapped angrily at him. I could feel Harry's eyes boring into the side of my head. Jace had the audacity to look innocent as he opened his mouth to defend himself but I cut him off. "No! There is no justifiable answer to this mess Jace, I'm sorry if you think I'm going to sit here and let you try and make a mockery of Harry but that's not gonna happen. Harry doesn't need me to defend him, he's more than capable, but I feel it's partly my responsibility for having such friends." I said quietly. I put down my knife, pulled out some money because there was no way I was going to make Harry pay for this absolute shit show, and stood up.

"I don't know what's gotten into you Jace, but I don't like it. Do us a favour and stay away from us from now on, you- you—breadcrumb!"

I was so upset I couldn't find the right word to call him and ended up calling him a breadcrumb, but oh well. It's better than cursing at him I guess. Harry stood up and picked up my purse for me before turning around to regard Jace.

"You breathe near me or my girl again, I'll put a stop to it altogether." Harry threatened coldly and I gulped at the pure ice in his tone. He looked and sounded dead serious. I watched as Jace paled in his seat but we didn't hang around for much else as Harry led me out.

We got onto the bike silently and drove away from the ruined lunch that I regretted with every fibre of my being, I couldn't believe that Jace could be so cruel. And I felt so awful that Harry had to go through being mocked for something out of his control because of me that I felt like crying.

In fact, my eyes welled up, with tears and as we stopped and Harry got off whilst I remained sitting I felt a few spill over. For once, I didn't yank off my helmet and pop my head out to flash Harry one of my annoying smiles. Instead I let my head hang forward with the helmet still on my head which probably looked pretty comical.

I felt Harry's gentle fingers unhook the strap before he removed it carefully.

"Hey, princess—are you crying?" He demanded sharply, his voice going from soft and gentle to hard and demanding in a split second. He looked and sounded like he wanted to go back and pummel Jace for making me cry.

"No." I pouted.

He hung his helmet onto the handle bars before he cupped my cheeks and pulled my face up to look at him. I heard him sigh as he took a good look at my face which was all wet with tears and at my trembly lower lip.

"I'm sorry," I blubbered, "I'm sorry I-it's all my fault and-" 

He stopped me rambling with a firm kiss to my lips before pulling back and wiping my tears.

"Baby, do you really think I give a single fuck about what some skinny little boy has to say?" He asked me with a small smirk. I shook my head and gripped his wrists.

"I know, but he was so horrible Harry, and, I forced you to go, and I'm-I'm sorry," I cried. He sighed pulling me forward into a hug that he was initiating for once, even though he wasn't too keen on them himself. I buried my face into his chest and wrapped my arms around him like a bear.

"Don't you dare apologise Clover, you're too fucking sweet, and I'm touched that you're so upset for me, but baby, don't be." He comforted before pulling me back and wiping my face again. He pressed another heavy kiss to my lips. "If it had been up to me, I would've broken the fuckers nose, and probably more, but I didn't, and that was only because of you."

I nodded my head sniffling slightly.

"I really appreciate that, H." I said with a soft smile.

He frowned darkly.

"Although, now that he's made you cry, I'm tempted to drive back and break his legs." He looked like he was seriously considering it for a second before I giggled softly breaking him out of his murderous thoughts.

"I called him a breadcrumb."

And that was all it took before we both burst into loud laughter, Harry doubled over and his eyes squeezed shut and he laughed so loud, his mouth open and dimples fully indented into his cheeks. It was one of the most mesmerising things I've ever seen. He'd never laughed so openly before and it was a beautiful sight.

I gasped for breath and wiped my tears of laughter.

"You should come to my matches and taunt my opponents for me," Harry chuckled making me double over again in laughter.

This, this was my happy place and my home. Wherever he was.

Double update as promised children

So tell me about the summary business pls

Omg I turn 20 tomorrow WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE

Love you loads :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...