Unplanned {Harry Styles Fanfi...

By styles_is_my_life

Laney always wondered where her life would take her after graduation, but what she didn't expect was to have... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 15

3.8K 157 19
By styles_is_my_life

*Harry POV*

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH MY WIFE!!??"

I stepped back from Laney. The room fell completely silent. Everyone stared at the person who just caused all the havoc. Two security guards came rushing in, reaching for Chad. I saw the fear on Laney's face out of the corner of my eye.

The guards grabbed ahold of each of Chad's arms. Chad thrashed and yelled, trying to shake them off.

"GET OFF OF ME! THAT'S MY WIFE! GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF OF ME!!"

Dr. Samuels walked in, avoiding the fight between the guards and Chad.

"Excuse me, but does someone want to explain what's going on here? We have patients in this hospital and one of them happens to be laying right there." He pointed towards Laney. "So I suggest we stop yelling and screaming, and remember that we are in a hospital."

He calmly looked at all of us, waiting for someone to explain.

"Dr. Samuels, erm." I spoke, unsure of what I was going to say. Technically Chad was Laney's husband, but I didn't want to tell him that for two reasons.

One, I would have to explain to him that I lied and then I would be facing bigger problems. And two, I didn't want Chad to be Laney's husband.

I went to speak again but Chad beat me to it, surprisingly in a calm voice.

"That girl right there is my wife. I told the front desk and they said it couldn't be because her husband was already in the room." He glared at me and everyone else in the room looked my way.

Chad took some steps towards Laney.

"Laney, baby. Are you okay? Why didn't you call me? I was worried sick when my mom called and told me about the accident."

I wasn't sure what to do anymore. I hit a dead end. There was no way of explaining this to the hospital and getting away with it. Plus, I'm now sure that if Chad has any say in it, which he will, I won't be seeing Laney ever again.

I leaned up against the wall, defeated.

------------------------------------------------------------------

*Laney POV*

Chad's voice may have sounded like he was concerned, but his eyes were filled with rage and hate. I wished everyone else could see his eyes. See him for who he really is. But, I don't even have the courage to escape the misery.

"Laney. Laney."

Dr. Samuels was standing above me, a concerned look on his face.

"Are you okay? You spaced out for a minute there." He began checking the two wires I was still connected to.

"I'm fine Dr Samuels. A small headache, but nothing an asprin wouldn't fix."

He got my hint and he called the nurse to bring me some asprin. Everyone was still standing around. Anne was still near the door, the place she was when Chad came through. Harry leaned against the wall straight in front of me. Gemma and Sophia were still sat in the chairs near my bed, and Chad was right up by my bed, looking over at me and stroking my hair.

The nurse came in and gave me the pills, watching until I swallowed them, then typing something on the computer in my room and walking out. Dr Samuels pressed some buttons on the IV machine and then turned back to all of us.

The two guards gave him a look like 'tell us what to do or we will leave'.

"Now Laney. I know you shouldn't have to deal with anything like this right now, you really should stay calm and relaxed. But I'm sure a few of us in this room want to know...which one of these two guys is your actual husband?"

I looked at Harry. He looked sad. He shrugged his shoulders and looked down at the floor, shoving his hands in his pockets.

I looked at Chad. He looked angry. His eyes scared me.

I thought about the question for a minute. If I lied, Chad couldn't do anything to me right now. The guards would take him out and it would all be over, until I got released anyways. If I told the truth, Harry and his family would leave and I would be stuck with Chad again.

"Um." I cleared my throat. "Harry's my uh...friend."

Everyone was shocked. Even Chad's jaw fell open. The guards looked towards the doctor for further instruction.

"I'm sorry but I'm going to need the four of you to leave. I need to talk to Laney and her...husband."

The doctor pointed at Harry and the three girls. They all quickly gathered there things and started to walk out. Harry stood in the doorway for a minute, looking back at me. I wasn't sure if I should try to apologize or not, so I just slowly turned my head away from him.

I heard the door shut and I knew they were gone. Now it was just the doctor, me, and Chad.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Well the good news is you can go home today. The bad news is we are quite busy so it will be a litlte while before we can get all of your discharge stuff in order."

The nurse pulled off the final wires that were monitoring my oxygen and heart. I nodded my head at her, but showed little to no emotion. After I explained to the doctor that no lawsuit needed to be filed or whatever, I was forced to listen to a lecture from Chad. Thankfully anytime he got to close to me or I was afraid, the monitor would speed up a bit and a nurse or aide would come to check if everything was okay.

Chad laid back on the couch against the opposite wall of the room. He continued to flip through tv channels. This is how it had been since he finally stopped lecturing me yesterday. He sat on that couch, not interested in anything the nurse or doctor had to say. And especially not interested in me or anything I had to say.

I knew it wasn't over. I knew he would continue his lecture, louder nonetheless, at home. I almost wanted to beg the nurse and doctor to let me stay.

A few hours ticked by and I had showered and changed into clean clothes, still the ones Anne had brought me. I had just finished placing everything that was mine into a patient belonging bag when the nurse came in.

"Okay Laney, what do you say we get you out of here and back into the real world." I tried to chuckle with her, but it came out as I dry cough. She handed me a cup of water and sorted through the pile of papers and medicines.

She explained everything to me, helped me schedule a follow up appointment, and told me about the medicines and few bandages I was going home with.

"Okay well if you don't have any other questions, I will send Chelsie in with a wheelchair to help you out to your car. Maybe your, erm, husband wants to go pull the car up to the front doors."

Ever since the husband thing went down yestereday, everyone was very careful with the subject almost as if saying anything would cause a new season of 'General Hospital'.

Chad walked out without saying a word. I thanked the nurse and she wished me good luck as she walked out and the aide, Chelsie, walked in with a wheelchair. I gathered my bags and sat in the chair, doing one last double check of the room for anything I may have forgotten.

We made small talk as she wheeled me towards the front of the hospital. Chad had pulled the car up to the front doors but he stayed in the car and Chelsie helped me with my bags and getting into the car. I saw a look of worry and sympathy on her face as she waved goodbye and told  me to stay safe.

The ride home was anything but silent. Chad yelled, and let every single profanity you can imagine slip through his lips. He drove way to fast and any time we came close to a car I had to close my eyes tightly and hold my stomach.

I breathed a sigh of relief when we finally pulled into the garage and he shut the car off. He walked in the house without helping me and I struggled to get out of the car and gather my belongings. It took me much longer to climb the stairs from the basement to the main level of the house then it usually did.

By the time I reached the couch I was completely out of breath and every part of my body felt like it had been hit by a truck. I smiled at my own terrible joke. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back, focusing on taking deep breaths.

The house was oddly silent, until I heard metal hit glass. I looked up and saw Chad standing in front of me.

"I hope you had a fun little free for all week, but it better not happen again." He motioned towards the table. I looked down and my eyes widened.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." He picked up the object off the table and he left. I heard him starting to climb the stairs. But I could only think of one thing.

The gun he carried out with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212 3 10
There was a long moment where Harry didn't actually think Louis was going to answer; where he feared he would be sitting here forever, waiting for th...
983 10 54
Harry Styles/One Direction FanFic Recent high school graduate Olivia Hartman never thought community college would be part of her plan. In fact, she...
1.8K 85 22
*Sequel to Some Nights* Sarah is starting her freshman year at college, without Alison at her side. Alison made a gut decision to head off to New Yor...
32.2K 809 62
Brianna Collins is just a normal teenager. Is she? No. Her college life was miserable. Her life is the one teenagers never wanted. Being bullied all...