Chapter 11

"I'm sure Harry showed you but the bathroom is just around the corner."

Gemma placed a pile of blankets and extra pillows on the couch bed. I grabbed a few blankets and began laying them on the floor to make a bed for the night.

"I am not letting you sleep on the floor. There is plenty of room on the couch bed. You can sleep on that with me."

"No no. Really it's fine. I'm just the guest."

"Harry tell your girlfriend she is not sleeping on the floor!"

I turned around and saw Harry leaning against the door frame. His cheeks were bright red and he was glaring at Gemma.

"She's not my girlfriend!" He trailed off a little and then mumbled.

"She's married. She has a husband."

The room fell silent and I could just feel the awkward surrounding us. Gemma bit her bottom lip and looked around, trying to avoid eye contact with everyone.

"Oh well, erm, I uh, I'm going to brush my teeth." She walked past Harry quickly and we heard the bathroom door shut a few seconds later.

Harry walked further into the room, picking the blankets up off the floor and spreading them across the bed. When he was finished he turned to look at me, rubbing a hand against the back of his neck. I stood up and moved over to stand right in front of him.

"Hey." His hand was now running through his hair at a rapid pace and he was avoiding eye contact with me. Without thinking I grabbed both of his wrists and held them down with mine. His eyes finally looked straight at me.

"Look. It's fine. She didn't know."

"I'm so sorry. I should have told them or...well I don't know." He shook his head and looked down at his feet. I released one of his hands and placed my fingers under his chin, tilting his head up to look at mine again.

"It's. Fine. We're not talking about it anymore. Come on! It's still early. It's only nine thirty. Let's play a video game or something." I walked towards the games on the shelf and looked through them.

Harry's hand reached around me and pulled a game out. He held it up, a smile on his face.

"Mario Kart. Really?" I laughed as he nodded quickly, his smile growing bigger.

"Come on! We're not all about war and guns and killing. We have a few family friendly games too." He put quotes around family friendly and I couldn't help but to laugh at him.

"Okay fine. You're on!" I grabbed a controller and sat down on the beanbag while Harry put the game in and turned on the tv.

While we were playing, Gemma came back into the room and watched us from the couch bed. I had won four races when Liam and Sophia showed up, each taking a seat on the floor next to us. We added two more controllers and took turns switching in and out of the game.

Millions of races later, I yawned and layed back against the beanbag. Liam turned the tv off and put the controllers away before helping Sophia off the ground.

"We better all get to bed. It's been a long day. Night guys." The two of them left the room and then there was three.

Gemma stretched and yawned, laying down in the bed. I know I had been yawning, but I really didn't feel that tired yet. It was almost eleven, but I had slept so much last night, I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep anytime soon.

I saw a hand reach towards me and I looked up. Harry was standing above me, his hand outstretched to help me up. I took his offer and grabbed his hand, him effortlessly pulling me to my feet. We heard soft snores coming from Gemma so he placed his finger over his lips, signaling to be quiet, and then he took my hand and quietly led me out the door and down the hall.