Chapter 15

*Harry POV*

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH MY WIFE!!??"

I stepped back from Laney. The room fell completely silent. Everyone stared at the person who just caused all the havoc. Two security guards came rushing in, reaching for Chad. I saw the fear on Laney's face out of the corner of my eye.

The guards grabbed ahold of each of Chad's arms. Chad thrashed and yelled, trying to shake them off.

"GET OFF OF ME! THAT'S MY WIFE! GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF OF ME!!"

Dr. Samuels walked in, avoiding the fight between the guards and Chad.

"Excuse me, but does someone want to explain what's going on here? We have patients in this hospital and one of them happens to be laying right there." He pointed towards Laney. "So I suggest we stop yelling and screaming, and remember that we are in a hospital."

He calmly looked at all of us, waiting for someone to explain.

"Dr. Samuels, erm." I spoke, unsure of what I was going to say. Technically Chad was Laney's husband, but I didn't want to tell him that for two reasons.

One, I would have to explain to him that I lied and then I would be facing bigger problems. And two, I didn't want Chad to be Laney's husband.

I went to speak again but Chad beat me to it, surprisingly in a calm voice.

"That girl right there is my wife. I told the front desk and they said it couldn't be because her husband was already in the room." He glared at me and everyone else in the room looked my way.

Chad took some steps towards Laney.

"Laney, baby. Are you okay? Why didn't you call me? I was worried sick when my mom called and told me about the accident."

I wasn't sure what to do anymore. I hit a dead end. There was no way of explaining this to the hospital and getting away with it. Plus, I'm now sure that if Chad has any say in it, which he will, I won't be seeing Laney ever again.

I leaned up against the wall, defeated.

------------------------------------------------------------------

*Laney POV*

Chad's voice may have sounded like he was concerned, but his eyes were filled with rage and hate. I wished everyone else could see his eyes. See him for who he really is. But, I don't even have the courage to escape the misery.

"Laney. Laney."

Dr. Samuels was standing above me, a concerned look on his face.

"Are you okay? You spaced out for a minute there." He began checking the two wires I was still connected to.

"I'm fine Dr Samuels. A small headache, but nothing an asprin wouldn't fix."

He got my hint and he called the nurse to bring me some asprin. Everyone was still standing around. Anne was still near the door, the place she was when Chad came through. Harry leaned against the wall straight in front of me. Gemma and Sophia were still sat in the chairs near my bed, and Chad was right up by my bed, looking over at me and stroking my hair.

The nurse came in and gave me the pills, watching until I swallowed them, then typing something on the computer in my room and walking out. Dr Samuels pressed some buttons on the IV machine and then turned back to all of us.

The two guards gave him a look like 'tell us what to do or we will leave'.

"Now Laney. I know you shouldn't have to deal with anything like this right now, you really should stay calm and relaxed. But I'm sure a few of us in this room want to know...which one of these two guys is your actual husband?"