What Is Love? (A Ross and Roc...

By poeticjust

Two girls have the opportunity of a lifetime when they meet their idols, R5. Together, they must deal with dr... More

What Is Love?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Change Of Plans

Chapter 13

293 3 0
By poeticjust

The Next Week

Joann's POV

I got a call from the doctor saying that Kayla was awake and that it was okay for me to come see her. I knew R5 was coming that week (because they had a concert in North Carolina) so, I had everything planned. I went to the hospital, checked in, and went straight to Kayla's room. She was sleeping so I sat there and watched her. I got tired of watching her so I tapped her arm. She opened her eyes slowly and looked confused. Suddenly, the doctor walked in.

Doctor: She hasn't been saying anything for the past 24 hours. We are thinking that it has something to do with her traumatic experience. She should be talking soon.

Me: How soon?

Doctor: It's not 100% guaranteed she will start talking soon. Some patients take a week, some take years. It all depends on her state of mentality. But when she wants to open up, she will.

Me: Okay. (I looked over at Kayla) Doctor, can you please excuse me?

Doctor: No problem.

When he left, I looked at Kayla.

Kayla: Who are you?

Me: Kayla! I'm so sorry! I should have called you! I shouldn't have left you alone at home on your birthday! I'm just... sorry

Kayla: But who are you? I don't know you or why you're in my room. (looks around) Where am I?

Me: No! Oh hell no! Kayla! I'm your sister! You have to listen to me! What's happening? Oh gosh.

I felt nervous and my stomach was in knots. How was I going to tell our dad? I just felt like curling into a ball and crying. I grabbed my phone and called Ross.

Ross: Hello?

Me:(talking really fast) Ross! I don't know what to do! I'm freaking the hell out because Kayla just woke up, but she doesn't remember anyone! She doesn't even remember where she is or me!

Ross: She has amnesia?!

Me: I don't know! I think. (sobbing) But what am I supposed to do

Ross: I just can't keep running back and forth from Maryland and back! I can't come until we're on break!

Me: Fine. I'll call you later! I have to go get the doctor!

I hung up and yelled for the doctor. He didn't show up. I ran through the halls calling for the doctor. He came out of a room with a file in his hand.

"My sister! She's awake! And she doesn't know who I am!"

"Calm down. Let me just go in and see her, okay?" I nodded and moved out of the way so the doctor could go into the room. I followed and Kayla looked at us with a curious expression.

"Hey Kayla. How are you feeling?" the doctor asked.

"Who are you?" she asked him. He looked a little annoyed because she didn't answer his question but he looked at her with concern.

"I'm your doctor. Your sister told me you were awake and I had to come check in with you." he said.

"I don't have a sister. I want one, though. And a brother. My mom says I can't yet because she is still going to school. But Meme (pronounce meh-meh) says one is coming really soon." The doctor looked at me with confusion.

"Meme is her grandmother." I said. The doctor nodded his head and looked back at Kayla.

"Did I do something wrong? I don't want Mom to call my dad. I like him coming 'cause we go to the park. I don't want him to yell at me." The doctor pulled me out into the hall.

"Your sister seems to be going through a severe case of amnesia. She will be okay but she pretty much forgot everything that has happened since she was younger." I choked down a sob and nodded.

The doctor continued to talk to me. "You can't pressure her right now, you just need to stay away for a while until her parents introduce you to her again. She might get her memory back in a few days, weeks, months, or even years. It's all on how her brain is built up." I nodded again and the doctor walked back into the room to ask Kayla some questions. I walked into the waiting room and sat in a chair to call my dad and Kayla's mom.

It was time I had to tell them what happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270 0 18
~M~ ᴾᴵᶜᴷ ᵞᴼᵁᴿ ᴴᴱᴬᴰ ᵁᴾ, ᴾᴿᴵᴺᶜᴱˢˢ. ᵞᴼᵁᴿ ᵀᴵᴬᴿᴬ ᴵˢ ᶠᴬᴸᴸᴵᴺᴳ. тнєяє ωαѕ иσтнιиg αвσυт мιяαи∂α тнαт мα∂є нєя ωαит тσ кєєρ ℓινιиg. But then her life was t...
42.4K 900 168
Laura Marano's life is going downhill lately but what happens when she meets r5 !?Ross lynch?!
9 0 12
Two girls were fated to meet as they feel the most intense and real connection of their lives.
113K 2.9K 45
Caitlin achieved the job of a lifetime working with R5 on their tour across Europe and Australia. But what will happen when she finally finds friends...