Hello Again (Book 2 Hello Ser...

By redladiebug

Dr. Dawson Conn married Ms. Danielle Meeks. They have a wonderful life together and they are still very much... More

Hello Again
HA1-A Growing Family
HA2-Puppy Love
HA3-Summer Fun
HA5-The Wheels on the Van
HA6-Chasing Rabbit Trails
HA7-Nightmares and Pee Stains
HA8-Baby Coos and Bath Bubbles
HA9-Awkward on a Personal Level
HA10-Farewells
Author's Note
HA11-This is not a Clue
HA12-I'm a Survivor
HA13-This Means War
HA14-Uncle Damien
HA15-Making Friends
HA16-She's Back
HA17-The Grapevine
HA18-The Big Bad Wolf
HA19-E for Egg
HA20-The Return of Boy's Night
HA21-Turkey
HA22-Sick Days
HA23-Positive
HA24-The Greatest Gift of All
The End of the Beginning (Author's Note)
You Had Me At Hello

HA4-Castles and Forts

11.3K 363 10
By redladiebug

Chapter 4...Castles and Forts

(Danielle's P.O.V.)

I woke up to the sweet sound of my children's laughter. I do admit it was a beautiful sound. I climbed out of bed to see what was the source of their laughter. When I reach the den I come to find them running around the den and my couch had been turned into a castle. I mean it had a sign written with crayon attached to the cushion and everything. On the other hand the love seat was made into a fort. But the funniest sight to see was the dragon protecting the princess in the castle.

Dawson's hair was spiked into a Mohawk, and Sadie had sprinkled blush all over his face. He was a sight to behold.

The boys kept running up to him, and tried to slay him with their swords. Though Dawson would just tickle them till they fell in the floor.

I had to stop my watching when the baby started crying so I ran to check on him. When I entered the room he was all fussy. I picked him up and cradled him in my arms. I knew he was more than likely ready for his breakfast. I was just glad that we finally had Ross on a regular sleep schedule. I was letting Ross nurse when Dawson found me. He looked relieved to a certain extent.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, just being curious.

"Yes, I was just afraid that Ross was going to wake you. I was going to try to attend to him, and let you sleep," Dawson stated smiling. He has such a beautiful smile. He was such a beautiful man.

"Nah, I was awake," I smile looking back down at Ross and kissing his little head. He still had that new baby smell. I loved it.

"Well I'm glad you got your beauty rest," Dawson complimented sweetly.

"Yeah it looks like someone got in my beauty supplies," I laughed.

"Well, Sadie wanted a red dragon and this was the closes thing I could find that wasn't marker," he defended. "Plus this comes off easier than permanent marker."

"Yes, but this image will be forever stored up here," I laughed pointing toward my head.

"I know I'm sexy baby, no need to remind me," Dawson stated winking then he ran out of the room laughing. How could one man act so sexy and childish at the same time? He amazed me on so many levels.

(Dawson's P.O.V.)

Life was good after the fourth. I was still at home spending time with my family, but one morning I had to go to work for emergency meetings. And just to be honest it was really nice getting out of the house by myself for once. It was the first time I've went anywhere alone since Ross was born. Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but sometimes a man just needs to be alone. Lets be honest I just needed a change of scenery before I went crazy.

I was in the middle of my last meeting when I got a call from home.

"Hello?" I asked worried. Danielle hardly ever called me at work unless it was crucial.

"Daddy where are you?" My sweet Sadie asked. How did she get a hold of Danielle's phone?

"No let me talk to him!" I heard Shane yell from a distance.

"Babies, Daddy's in a very important meeting. Is everything okay at home?" I questioned.

"You need to come home. Mommy is not a good dragon," Shane stated.

"I'm trying the best I can over here," I heard Danielle pout.

"Well I'll be home in a little bit," I laughed. "I love you guys."

"Love you too Daddy," they chorused and I hung up the phone.

I couldn't explain all the weird looks I received. I had turned 180 degrees since when I'd first started working at the hospital. That doesn't mean the change wasn't for the better. At first I was the world's biggest flirt, now I was the world's biggest family man. I'm sure that sudden transformation could really scare some people.

When I went back to my office it looked as though my desk had been consumed by paperwork. I honestly couldn't see my desk anymore. Just then Derek graced me with more paperwork.

"These files just came in for you," Derek announced handing them over to me.

"The paperwork never takes a day off does it?" I asked sighing.

"Sadly not in your field of work Sir," he laughed. "Is there anything I can do to help you."

"Let's start by going digital with all of the paperwork. It will save so much space," I replied. Maybe with a clean office it would help me feel like I had a better grasp on things, not to mention my life.

By the time I got home from work it was bath time and all the little ducks were going for a swim. It wasn't till later that Danielle and I actually had sometime to ourselves.

"What's that sound?" I asked her as we cuddled in the bed.

"What sound? I don't hear anything," she stated confused.

"Exactly," I smirked at her and her eyes got really big.

"No no no no Big Boy," she stuttered. "The kids will wake up."

"Honey they are sound asleep," I whispered in her ear. She shuttered under my lips. I felt so good that I could still do that to her. She didn't have anymore excuses. She just rolled her eyes. I kissed her neck and that's all it took. Our bodies had reunited and it didn't take long for them to remember the dance they had once danced before. And as always my stunning wife surprised me with her abilities. I was the luckiest man alive. I had a beautiful princess that loved me, she loved me even for the dirty old dragon I was.

(Danielle's P.O.V.)

I woke up to a very warm body beside me, and I realized I was cuddling with Dawson. This was one of my favorite ways of sleeping. He was still asleep, so I decided I would trace his features with my fingers. From the four years we've been together Dawson hasn't really aged. Though I did notice a few gray hairs close to his ears. If he knew that they were there he would flip his lid.

He began to whimper when I quit playing with his hair. I thought I had hurt him so I tried to move away, but he pulled me closer.

"Danielle no you can't leave me!"

"Dawson I'm right here baby," I stated worried.

"No! Danielle don't!"

It was then I realized that Dawson was having a nightmare. Dawson never had nightmares. I didn't know what caused this. I started playing with his hair, and his started to calm down. I felt so helpless. I had no clue what nightmares haunted my husband's mind, but it didn't make me feel any better that they were about me. I mean they were probably all subconscious, but the fact that they still existed worried me. When Dawson finally calmed back down I got up to take a shower, for now I was unnerved.

Two weeks later we were packing for our family vacation. We were going to leave later that night so we could beat most of the traffic. We were headed to Disney World. The little ones were so excited. Heck! Dawson was excited. I just couldn't wait to see their faces when they came face to face with that giant castle. I knew that all this hassle would be worth it.

"Dawson did you pack the diaper bag?" I asked double checking everything.

"Yes, it's in between our seats," he replied smiling.

"Did you pack the stroller?" I questioned.

"It's already in the stow-in-go," he smirked. "Come on Baby you have to do better than that."

"Did you pack your boxers?" I laughed and his face turned scarlet.

As I was adding the kids blankets, and cleaning out their toys when my phone started to ring. It was Dawson's mother. It confused me as to why she would be calling, but I was sure it was just to tell us she was on her way. You see she agreed to help us with the kids on our trip, and David was going to watch the puppies.

"Hello Olivia," I stated cheerily into my phone.

"Danielle, I have terrible news," she stated then coughed. "I'm sick with the flu, so I'm not going to be able to join you for your trip."

What? No she was going to be my lifesaver. She is always so organized it she put my planning to shame. That's partly why I was excited that she agreed to join us.

"Oh Olivia, I'm so sorry," I stated upset. I didn't like seeing her sick no matter how bossy and pushy she was. Deep down I loved her. "Well, you just focus on getting better."

"Oh, I will, but I just wanted you to know I gave Damien my ticket information and I thought that he could help out and take my place. You know make him grow up a little." And just as she told me Damien pulled up into our yard in his little sports car.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

"Olivia he's here now," I replied trying not to sound mad.

"Oh goodie, well I'll talk to you later. Please take lots of pictures," she told me hanging up the phone.

I just threw my phone in my purse. I so did not sign up for this. This is not how I planned to spend my family vacation. Olivia was pushy, but it was always out of love. Out of all the people that could join us, the one person that had to join us was him. Why?

"Danielle you know for already having had three kids, you have one smoking body," Damien chirped. That made my blood boil. Could he not be any less of a pig?

"Why thank you Damien that was very sweet," I stated behind clenched teeth.

"Yeah if you weren't married to my brother I might-"

"You might what?" Dawson asked coming up and putting his arms around me. Thank God for my sweet loving and protective husband. If it weren't for him holding me I might have taken Damien's head off.

"Tell her what a beautiful couple you two make," Damien smiled. That sneaky little snake. I knew he was up to something and my mommy radar was on its full guard. He was not messing up my family vacation.

"Damien, what are you doing here man?" Dawson asked squeezing me closer to him.

"Your mother invited him," I stated smiling up at Dawson. I knew he could read from my expression that I was anything but thrilled.

"Yeah she's really sick with something," Damien stated scratching his head.

"Well, I'm glad you can join us," Dawson smiled. I knew it was forced out of love, but mine was forced out of pain. I didn't like Damien, and I didn't want him going on the trip with us.

This was going to be one long ride. It better be one damn big castle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 31.9K 32
What if your parents forced you to get married? What if that one your going to marry is a teacher at your school who you know has a crush on you? Tha...
6.4K 1.3K 36
Mara Dawson is a shy, kind, caring and a beautiful person inside out. Spending all her life alone being an orphan she didn't believed that she was lo...
7.2K 144 17
They were engaged, she thought that this would never happen. After her first time with her fiancé, she woke up and he wasn't there. Skip to three yea...
45.2K 2.1K 63
Koyal and Vardhaan, two individuals, were tied together in a knot by their families. Unknown with each other, one marries out of responsibility and t...