Avoiding The Bad Boy

Od coinikee

After seeing the blood on his hands, I wondered. I wondered if he was the killer. And even if he was, how cou... Více

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39

Part 40

32.5K 1.1K 144
Od coinikee

Part 40

Epilogue
1 day later

The evening of the Winter Formal turned out to be more eventful than I thought. In fact, until a few months ago, I was sure that I would be sitting in my room with my textbooks open and studying for my exams during the Winter Formal. But then I met Dash Melwin and all my plans were thrown out of the window.

"Are you ready?" Tracey asked me, curling her hair while glancing at me from the corner of her eyes.

"No! I can't believe I've gotten another pimple!" I complained, glaring at the infernal blemish which always chose the wrong time to pop up on my face. Why in the world did this keep happening to me? What did I ever do to deserve such a curse?

"Bri, relax. Your bangs will hide the pimple; it's not even that big," Tracey replied.

"Easy for you to say, you don't have a pimple the size of the moon sitting on your forehead!" I snapped.

"Stop exaggerating, Bri. It's not that big," she stated, fluffing up her hair.

"Today was supposed to be perfect. Dash is supposed to be infuriated with me and we should be having a blast at the dance. But no, I'm stuck with a pimple. God, I hate pimples!" I whined.

"And it will be perfect if you'll just stop worrying about that stupid pimple. Your hair will hide it so you have nothing to worry about. Now put on your shoes and let's go. You look way too beautiful and you shouldn't allow an insignificant pimple to ruin your big night." My best friend told me.

I sighed, knowing she was right. Pimples were a group of unwanted friends on my face but my hair could cover them. And I shouldn't sit around wallowing in my misery over the presence of such ridiculous entities when I had Dash's expressions to look forward to.

The thought of what my boyfriend would be going through at this very moment brought a smile to my face. I asked Ben to help me hide Dash's clothes just so I could infuriate him and take revenge on him. I wondered if his anger would ruin the dance for me but I was sure when I'd tell him that I was the reason behind his missing clothes he would go back to normal.

It was strange how quickly time and people changed. At the start of the academic year I was looking forward to studying hard and making my father proud but now I couldn't care less what my father thought of me. I knew he would never be proud of me and instead of wasting my time and energy crying over it I chose to be happy and do what I liked to do. Dash Melwin, the bad boy of Burswick Academy, was the one who taught me how to be happy. Yes, he hurt me and broke my heart but he was now working hard to make up for what he did. He made me happy.

"Okay, what are you smiling about now?" Tracey asked with suspicion.

I shrugged. "I just can't wait to see the look on Dash's face when he'll know that I am responsible for his missing clothes."

"You are evil, I'll give you that," she commented.

"I am not. Dash is worse and you know it," I argued.

"I can't believe you, the girl who never pulled her head out of a textbook is now the girlfriend of the guy who is practically allergic to books. How do you it, Bri?" Tracey enquired, slipping her feet in her shoes.

"You should be asking Dash why he chose me because I didn't do anything. It was he who decided to annoy me to the point where I couldn't even say no to him," I replied.

"Did you even want to say no to him?" The question had me thinking. I was irritated with Dash and found him to be a bad influence on the students here, so yes I did want to say no to him but he always chose to ignore it.

"Yeah, I did, initially. But now I know him better so I don't want to," I said, looking around for my shoes.

"Well whatever it is you will now be the center of attention at the dance because you are dating the troublemaker of the academy, who is likely to be the Winter King," she stated, picking up her sparkly purse. "Where the heck is Ben?"

"Have some patience, your prince charming will be here soon." I was so happy when Tracey told me that Ben had asked her out to the Winter Formal. I wasn't sure if they were officially boyfriend and girlfriend yet but I had high hopes that after tonight Tracey could proudly call Ben her boyfriend.

"My prince charming will not come without your prince charming," she said.

"My prince charming will be busy looking for his clothes." I chuckled.

Tracey glared at me. "Great, now that's going to take forever. I will be late on my first date with Ben; how could you do this to me, Bri?"

"Would you relax. You won't be late. And where are my shoes? I swear nothing is going right with me today," I grumbled as Tracey pointed to the shoe box peeking from underneath my bed. After I slipped my shoes on, I looked at myself in the mirror one last time—making sure that my hair was hiding the dreadful pimple—before picking up my tiny purse and sitting with my best friend to wait for my boyfriend.

"This year has been crazy, right? And there is still half of it left," Tracey said.

I nodded. "Agreed. I can't believe I've already made three new friends and fallen in love. I thought it was going to be you and I until we graduate. I never thought there will be anyone else."

"I know right! I thought we'll grow up to be crazy cat ladies who..." Tracey's words died in her mouth at the sound of the knock. "They're here!" She rushed to open the door and a smile curved her lips when she saw who was standing there.

"You're here! And you are late," Tracey complained.

"Blame the spoiled brat over here. He couldn't find his clothes." The unmistakable sound of Ben's voice had me walking over to where Tracey stood next to the door.

"Hi Dash," I said with a wide smile. It took everything in me to prevent my jaw from dropping when I looked at Dash. How could he possibly look more handsome than the last time I saw him? He was dressed in a custom made navy blue suit with a white shirt and a red handkerchief peeking out from his breast pocket. His hair was styled to perfection and with that strong jaw and those arresting blue eyes, he looked good enough to eat. I swear my mouth was watering just by looking at him.

Dash smiled. "Hello chocolate chip. I got something for you, hold out your hand."

I did as he said and gasped when Dash slipped a corsage on my wrist. "Oh wow, this is gorgeous."

He nodded. "I agree. It looks perfect on you, but then again, you look perfect yourself. Are you ready to go?" He didn't let go of my hand, instead laced his fingers with mine.

I nodded. "Yeah, the dance is about to start. I don't want to be late." Dash and I walked away, leaving Tracey and Ben to their own devices.

It didn't take long for us to arrive at the ballroom in Burswick Academy. Not many schools had a ballroom but Burswick was one of the few which did; something which the students found odd. The ballroom looked like a Winter Wonderland with silver and white balloons littering the floor and ceiling. Glittery snowflakes hung from the ceiling while others were stuck to the walls. A snack table was situated to the side with an assortment of food and drinks. I could spot the DJ in the other corner messing around with his equipment.

"This is stunning. Who is responsible for all the decorations?" I asked Dash as we walked around. I waved at Lauren standing by the punch bowl with a glass in her hand. I wondered if she came alone or with a date. Maybe I would go and talk to her in a little while.

"Gemma and her crew," Dash replied just as Gemma strode over to us, looking absolutely stunning in a baby pink gown that looked as if it was made of pink diamonds with a skirt that flared out like the petals of a flower.

"Hi guys! My, my Bri, you look breathtaking." I blushed at her compliment. "And you guys are practically matching. You were right, Dash, this dress looks fantastic on her."

"Wait, you knew about my dress?" I asked, looking from Dash to Gemma.

"Of course. He asked for my help in designing the perfect dress for you," she answered.

"And you helped?" I couldn't believe this girl. How could Gemma be so perfect? She was pretty, popular and on top of that she was kind.

Gemma shrugged. "Of course, why wouldn't I? You and Dash are my friends and I always help my friends."

"Thank you. By the way you did a fantastic job with the decorations," I complimented her. If she continued to compliment me then I would've ended up in a puddle.

"Oh, you think so? Thank you so much!" Gemma beamed. "But I have to go now and ask the janitor to tell his friend that we need more cups." With that she walked away, leaving me with my boyfriend.

"We haven't even started dancing and I'm already enjoying myself," I said to Dash.

"Yeah it's a good thing we arrived on time. I couldn't find my clothes which is why Ben and I were late." He frowned in irritation and I couldn't prevent the laughter bubbling out of me. "Why are you laughing?"

I shook my head and tried to appear innocent. "No reason."

Dash narrowed his eyes and took a step towards me. "Tell me. Are you enjoying my misery, shortcake?"

"No." I shook my head again. "I don't enjoy your misery; I enjoy the fact that I am the cause of that misery." The truth was finally out and I couldn't be happier.

"What are you talking about?" Dash asked.

I sighed. "I told Ben to hide your clothes; Lauren told me how you absolutely hate it when you can't find your clothes."

Dash closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. "I am going to kill Lauren."

"Oh no, you won't. She is my friend now, therefore you cannot kill her. And besides, we still have to eat shrimps," I responded, giggling when his eyes widened in terror.

"No. We will not eat shrimps! Those vile creatures are awful!" He stated.

"Dash, you forget it is I who is in control, not you. Now you know what the ten semesters feel like." I told him.

"Fuck the ten semesters, I will not eat shrimps. First you hide my clothes and now you expect me to eat the worst thing on the planet?! That's two semesters in one day and it's not fair," he complained.

"My semesters, my rules. And shrimps are delicious, I want you to try it," I argued.

"No. They are creepy and they crawl. They fucking crawl! I will not eat them and you can't make me," he said.

"Why is he yelling?" I turned around to see Lauren standing there with a soft smile on her face.

"You are a traitor! You told Bri that I hate shrimp and now she is hell bent on making me eat it," Dash growled.

"Bri is my friend now so I will help her. And shrimp is delicious, you should definitely eat it," Lauren said. She looked beautiful in a black, strapless dress with sequins littering the entire length of it.

"How could you do this to me? After all I've done for you, this is how you repay me?" Dash said, flabbergasted.

"The fact that you are my cousin is why I decided to help Bri. Sometimes we have to help those who are not our family," she said causing me to laugh out loud.

"You are going to pay for this, chocolate chip," Dash said.

"How?" I asked. What could he possibly do to me? I was the one with the power here.

Before I could think much about it, Dash pulled me to him and crushed his lips to mine. I closed my eyes as my mind deserted me, getting lost in the kiss that had my body tingling and my blood cells singing. How could he kiss so well? I wanted him to keep kissing me because nothing was more perfect than Dash's kisses. I opened up to him when his tongue demanded entrance, pulling him closer and running my fingers through his soft hair. God, he had nice hair, the kind I never wanted to stop touching. I wished this never stopped. The ten semesters could go out of the window if it meant I could kiss Dash.

He pulled away much too soon for my liking. "If I continue kissing you the way I want to, then things will happen that you are not ready for."

His words had my face heating. Of course, we needed to stop but I did not want to stop. "But I like it when you kiss me."

"Good because kissing you is what I enjoy doing most. Which is why you are stuck with me forever," he replied, caressing my face.

"As long as I get to torture you I'm happy to stay with you," I replied with a giggle.

"You can try but you won't succeed." His statement had me looking forward to the future where I would not be with one but many other people who were now my friends. I was never a social person but this boy standing in front of me made all the difference. He forced me to come out of my shell and he continued to change me in ways for which I could only be grateful for.

"Will I succeed in making you dance with me?" I asked, taking his hand and leading him towards the dance floor.

"Shortcake, that is one thing you will always succeed in." Dash told me as he twirled me around before pulling me in his arms. This crazy guy was going to drive me insane with his antics but I couldn't have asked or a better boyfriend.

Avoiding him didn't work.

Hating him didn't work.

Loving him changed everything.

The End

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author's Note.

Hi guys,

Here is the final chapter of Avoiding The Bad Boy, I hope you all like it. Wow I can't believe I have written 40 chapters of this story. I thought I would only manage to write 20 chapters.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. Thank you all for supporting me and this story. This was my first teen fiction and I know it was anything but perfect but thank you all for sticking around and reading it, you guys have no idea just how grateful I am to each and every one of you who read this story.

Having said that, I want you guys to comment down five chapters from this story which you would like to read in Dash's POV and I will try my best to make it happen. You guys can also request any story ideas which you guys want me to write.

Moreover, I will try my best to post the first chapter of Dreading The Mafia on Monday, which means that Mafia Monday is back and Captured By The King will be updated on Friday. I hope you guys are okay with that.

I love you guys for your constant encouragement and support and I hope I never lose any of you.

Thank you for reading.

Until next time.

Take care.

Ciao.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

6.3K 95 24
Every community, every school, always classify people according to their status, their looks, etc. Alexander knew this all to well, as he was at the...
753K 16.1K 33
Briar has to move to a new place with her mother after she has found a new job. One that can benefit both of them. She now has to go to a new school...
2M 47.8K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
348K 9.6K 22
The Badboy's boy |finished| "what did I do this time?" I screamed in his face. He closes his eyes, taking a deep breath. "if I see you with him agai...