The Runaways

By kristen19

Terra ran away from her pack six months ago and joined up with a group of rogue she-wolves. They all get alon... More

Together for Never
Wanna make a bet?
Results
Family Reunions Suck
What Just Happened?
Truth or dream?
Pancake Face
You're an idiot
Rainy Date
My luck ends here...
Guilt and Grilled Cheese
Forever Be
Finding Possabilities
Found and Accepted
Confessions...
Paradise
Promises Made
Together at Last... or Are We?
A King's Secret
A Night I'll Remember
Banished
Returning Home
December Wish
It Should Rain More Often
Just Another Day
My Mate at Last
Boys, Please!
Camp
Story Time
The Bonfire
The Truth Comes Out
Colorful Secrets
Note to My Heart
Playing With Fire
Frozen
Sweet Dreams
Crazy Shopping
Flattened By Looks
Eventful Wakeup
My Mate's Sister
Party Crashers
Useless
Chapter 44 (Part 1)
Chapter 44 (Part 2)
Sweet Dreams... Kinda
The End?
Love Is For Forever

Alpha

3.8K 60 2
By kristen19

***Terra's P.O.V.***

I wake up, feeling up toasty warm and definitely dry compared to last night. My back is pressed flush against my mate's chest with one of his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. The other, I just realized, is under my head and being used as a pillow. You would think it would be uncomfortable, but he obviously doesn't mind.

In front of me, the fire is now just a bunch of glowing embers. The actually fire probably went out a while ago, but with having slept with another person, the combined body heat should keep us warm for a while longer. I tilt my head slightly to the side and see Jess cuddled into Jay's chest, much like I am. If it were't for the situation we're currently in, I would tease her about how cute the two of them look.

Ben and Naomi are next to them and I notice the steady rise and fall of her chest. She's no longer shivering and actually looks like she's peacefully sleeping instead of having passed out. Now, some would say that  there isn't a difference in the facial expressions, but I notice the little difference. That means they're wrong.

April and Hank are on the other side of me and I can say I'm a little surprised. His arm is extended and under his head as a makeshift pillow and the other is carelessly thrown over my friend's stomach from the outside of the blanket. She is lying on the rest of the extended part of his arm and has both of her hands pressed to his bare chest. They actually look really cute! I know how awkward she felt about having to partner up with Hank, but I believe him when he said he wouldn't look.

And then there's Damon. I honestly forgot about him. Is that a sign of a bad person? Eh, I was tired so I'm gonna answer my own question with a no. He's curled up in a ball literally right next to the fire. I start to feel bad for him, but then remember all the thing's he's said to me and all the sorry feelings are gone. I wouldn't wish him dead, but having him suffer just a little will hopefully help with his huge ego.

A kiss placed on my temple has me tilt my head up to look at my mate's face. He's smiling lazily down at me and his hair is mussed from sleep. His gorgeous grey eyes are partially hidden behind his lowered lids, but I can see just by his eyes how much he cares for me already, even after knowing each other for such a short time. If I do say so, he looks sexy in the morning. If this is what I can look forward to by living with him, then sign me up.

He smirks and I realize I didn't block my thought from him. Shit, that means he heard everything. I blame it on being too early to remember.

"Morning Angel." He mumbles so not to wake any of the others. I smile up at him before rolling over so that I face him.

"Hey hot stuff." There's no denying it. My mate is incredibly hot. He's got all the looks of a male model and he's all mine. Plus he loves me for who I am and not that I'm the princess.

He smile transforms into a smirk, making mine falter slightly. He's planning something.

Before I can asks, he leans in and captures my lips with his. I don't waste any time and lift my arms from under the blanket to wrap around his neck and pull him closer. His hands travel lightly from my shoulders, down my back where he traces a few patterns to finish on my hips. I smile against his lips and he takes the chance to stick his tongue in my mouth. His taste invades my mouth and I hold back a moan. He pulls my hips until they're against his and my eyes fly open. His black eyes meet mine and I know I'm looking at those of his wolf. Pulling out of the kiss, I rest my forehead against his and close my eyes. Taking a breath, I try to calm my erratically beating heart.

"We can't." I say, the words coming soft and breathless. He growls softly, but it's out of frustration. Trust me when I say I actually want to. My wolf has been bugging me about it and it's getting harder to deny her. In fact, I'm even starting to agree with her. I love him and the only reason I'm waiting is because of the horrible timing.

"Why not?"

"I don't want my first time to be in a cave." I reply, flushing a deep red, but I refuse to meet his gaze until I know he's calmed down.

"It'll be your first?" He asks, cupping my cheek in on of his hands. "Please open those beautiful eyes." I do so slowly and see his regular colored eyes so I know he's in control again.

"Yea." His smile is breathtaking and he pecks me on the lips.

"Good I can wait until the timing is right." I return his smile and lean in for another quick kiss. Pulling back after a minute, I place both hands on his chest and push him away. He frowns and reaches out to bring me back to him, but the look I give him stops him from actually doing it.

"If I get dressed now, there'll be less of a chance of any of the other guys seeing my naked." This has him up and quietly moving around, grabbing different articles of clothes and tossing them softly to me. At least he's comfortable walking around with no clothes on cause I wouldn't have done it.

I throw on my bra and the simple light blue t-shirt first. The shirt is specifically for a girl so at least it's not huge on me. I then slip on the pair of black shorts he threw at me and stand. While I was dressing, he slipped on a green shirt and black shorts.

I walk to the cave's entrance and lean against the side, looking out. Arms encircle my waist and he rests his chin on my shoulder.

 "Why didn't they come while we were asleep?" I ask quietly and he chuckles.

"You fell asleep right before it started pouring. You literally couldn't see a foot in front of you. He would be an idiot to look for us in that weather." Well, that explains why the water level looks higher and there's a faint rainbow in the sky.

"Oh." Is my simple response because I don't know how else to answer.

"We should wake the others and get an early start. The first thing we need to look for is a phone to call my alpha. He can have a few cars to pick us up in less than two hours." I nod.

"Ok. I'll wake up the troops while you get piles of clothes ready for each person."

"Since when are you in charge?" He asks with a raised eyebrow, but I can see the corners of his mouth pulling up into a smile.

"Since now." He playfully salutes me and I laugh.

"Yes ma'am."

Twenty minutes later, everyone is dressed and ready to move on. Hank and Aaron threw whatever was left of the fire into the river to get rid of the evidence we were here. No one wants to have the guard knocking on their front door one morning. Better to be safe than sorry.

"Do you know how far it is to the nearest town?" Jess asks out loud, the question not being directed at anyone in particular.

"We passed on maybe ten miles back a few days ago. Who feels like walking?" Aaron asks with fake enthusiasm.

"Or we could ry hitch hiking." Ben suggests. We all give him a look. "Yea, your'e right. There's not a car we can all hitch hike in. Forget I mentioned it."

"Onward then!"

We reach the town after a few hours with the sun shining high in the sky. People had looked at us strangely because there are so many of us, but we either gave them a look or completely ignored them. It could also be due to the fact none of us has shoes on, but it could be anything.

"My feet hurt." Damon complains and I roll my eyes. Mine do too, but he doesn't see me complaining.

"Suck it up. There's gotta be a payphone around here somewhere." Hanks states, looking around, but sighs when he doesn't see one right now.

"Can we at least eat?" He asks, sounding hopeful.

"With what money? My credit card washed away in the river." He pouts and sits down on a bench.

The town is small and quiet, but it's nice compared to the big cities I've seen with people constantly yelling at each other. It's nice and open with plenty of restaurants and shops to go into. We start to walk down the side of the street with minimal cars driving by and it's only when I see a little boutique that I stop walking. Going to the shop window I peer inside and see it sells some clothes, hats, shoes, etc.

"Did you want to go in?" Aaron whispers in my ear, causing me to shivering at our close proximity.

"Yea." He presses something flat into my hand. Raising my eyebrow in amusement, he shrugs. "He takes forever to eat and the sooner we get back the better. Go ahead inside while the guys and I look for a phone." I smirk and kiss him on the cheek. Before I can completely get away from him, he grip the back of my neck.

"That's the best goodbye you've got?" I grab the front of his shirt and pull him quickly to me. He doesn't see it coming and so when I press my lips against his forcefully. Not having a chance to respond, I pull away to follow the other girls into the shop, leaving him standing there with nothing but air in his arms.

Once inside, I can't help but smile at the homey feel the place gives off.

"Hello. My name's Greta and I'll be behind the counter if you have any questions." A friendly lady that looks maybe thirty says with a friendly smile. She's got light brown hair pulled back in a messy bun and a soft looking face.

"Thanks." Jess says, smiling back and we make our way to the racks.

We talk about random things with the occasional input of Greta. She's really nice and any guy would be lucky to have her since I don't see a ring. Every few minutes, the girls will disappear into the dressing rooms to try on an outfit they made from things around the store, but I can't seem to find anything I like.

"Do you need a little help?" Greta kindly asks, coming over to me.

"I'm not a very girly girl so a lot of this stuff isn't me." She smiles and nods in understanding.

"Ok. Well, there are some jeans over there." She points a little ways away to a section I haven't been in yet. "And there are some printed T's on a shelf over there that people don't usually get too because most girls I get in here are really girly and like a lot of the other stuff."

"Well, thanks." I smile and make my way to the jean rack. I pick a pair of slightly ripped skinny jeans and walk to the shelf she pointed out. On it are shirts with saying on it like 'Bite me' and 'Love Life'. I pick out a light green shirt with 'Smile. It Confuses People' written on the front in big black block lettering.

Getting into the dressing rooms, I change into my new attire, tearing off the tags of the new stuff in the process. Stepping out, I come face-to-face with Jess and Naomi. They look at my clothes in slight disatisfaction, but don't say anything. Jess has her hair pulled up into a messy bun and is wearing an orange and red striped shirt with a pair of black skinny jeans and black heels. Naomi is wearing a dark grey tank top with a rose on it, paired with a leather jacket, skinny jeans with pre-ripped holes in the knees and blood red heels. To say the least, I feel a little under dressed, but I'd rather be comfortable than dead in heels.

"April." I knock on her dressing room door. "Are you almost done?" I hear a sigh from behind the closed door before it slowly opens.

Her red hear is pulled back into a low ponytail she's put on a little eye liner that make her light blue eyes really pop. She's wearing a dark green short-sleeved shirt that compliments her hair. She's got got on black skinny jeans and a pair or new sneakers.

"This is the most dressed up I've been in a while." She says, nervously looking at her feet.

"You look great and it all is going on my mate's credit card." I smile and hold it in front of her face. Her lips twitch at the corners.

"You might want some shoes first T." I gaze quickly at my feet and wiggle my toes. Oops, forgot about some shoes.

"I haven't worn actual shoes in a while." I use some of her words and she rolls her eyes at me.

"You get ahead of yourself. Go find some shoes and we'll be waiting for you by the register." She gives me a little shove in the direction of the shoe rack along the one wall.

Without saying anything, I look from pair to pair, but see nothing that catches my eye. At least, not until I see a pair of tan cargo boots. I think I'm in love! So, finding the right size, I slip them onto my feet and thank the goddess at how comfortable they are.

I make my way to the register and Jess rolls her eyes.

"Out of the millions of pairs of shoes back there, you choose a pair of boots?"

"They're more comfortable than those death traps you call heels." I shudder for effect and she simply crosses her arms over her chest.

"Did you find everything okay then?" Greta asks kindly. I smile at he and hand over my mate's credit card. He is so going to hate us for this.

"Yes, thanks for everything." She nods and swipes the card. Handing it back to me, she wishes us a good day before we walk back into the brisk December air.

"Any idea where the guys are?" I ask outloud and everyone shrugs. "Peachy." I take a deep breath to catch Aaron's scent and once I do, I start walking, hands in my pockets. The other girl's heels clicking behind me is the only thing alerting me that they're all following.

We walk in silence, but it's not awkward. I round a corner of a building and see all of the guys huddled around a pay phone with Aaron being the one actually talking on it.

It's amusing to watch their expressions change. On minute they're looking at the ground like it's the most amusing thing in the world and the next they look up at us and their mouths drop slightly. Arriving in front of them, I tap under Ben's chin.

"You're gonna catch flies." His eyes dart from one girl to the next and slowly down each of our bodies. I place my hand under his chin nd force him to look me in the eyes. "My eye's are up here." Patting him on the head, I move around him. The other guys chuckle, but don't say anything in his defense. Smart guys.

I lean against the booth and examine my nails that are in desperate need of a manicure. I might not be one of those bitchy rich kids, but I still would like at least decent looking nails.

I watch in my peripheral vision as Jess gives Jay a hug and he eagerly hugs her back. I watch as his hands travel lower than her back and that's when I decide to look away. There's no need to blind myself. Ben and Naomi are talking and I can't help but laugh as his eyes flit between her face and her chest. He looks at me from over her shoulder and not so subtly blushes.

"What are you laughing at?" Aaron asks, opening the door separating him from the rest of the world.

"Oh, nothing." I reply, trying to drop the smile, but epically failing.

"Whatever." He grabs my hand and pulls me into his arms.

"You too." I reply, resting my head against his chissled chest. He rests his chin on top of my head.

"That didn't make any sense." Hie breath ruffles my hair and I shrug as best as I can with his arms around me.

"It does." I answer confidently because it does if you know the whole explanation behind it.

"Um... okay."

"So when is our ride getting here?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Well, my alpha had already sent a few cars out before I called because he hadn't heard from me in a while. The nearest car is actually about fifteen minutes from here."

"That's good. And before I forget, here's your credit card back." He takes it hesitantly and I laugh.

"Why do I feel like I'm going to regret looking at my next bill?" I give him an  innocent look before pulling him to sit on the nearest bench next to Hank and April of all people. The two of them are talking more than they were earlier, probably getting over our little hypothermia situation. That's nice to see.

"So, what do you wanna do until our ride gets here?" I ask, lightly resting my head on his shoulder.

"Well," My mate starts. "I kinda would like to do what my brother is doing, but I don't know how you'd feel about it." Turning my head in the direction I last saw the couple, I look for them, but don't see them.

"Where'd they go?" I look the other way.

"To the hotel down the street." I flush and sit back on the bench.

"Oh. That's... nice." I cough, struggling for words and he laughs.

"You're cute, and I mean it when I told you I'd wait until you're ready." Smiling slightly, I kiss him on the cheek.

"And I appreciate that. I'm not ready for that, but I will do something else." I smirk at his confused expression. "Come on." I interlock our fingers and proceed to drag him away from the bench and into an alleyway close by.

"What are you-" I silence him by standing on my toes and kissing him. He wastes no time in wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me off the ground. I wrap my legs around him so I don't fall and my hands find their way into his blond hair. I grip the soft locks between my fingers and tug on them lightly. He moans against my mouth which makes me smile. He suddenly presses my back against a cool brick wall and I gasp in surprise. He takes this chance to deepen the kiss.

"Aaron." I mutter breathlessly, centimeters from his lips.

"Less talking." He replies and his lips are on mine once again. He lightly bites my bottom lip and I moan, tugging harder at his hair.

"Jeez! Get a room guys." My eyes fly open and I push Aaron away enough to drop to the ground. He doesn't let me go as he pushes me protectively behind him. "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you, but I thought you'd like to know the car is here."

"Jordan."

"Were you expecting someone else?" The other guy jokes, walking up to us and doing the weird guy hug thing guys do.

"Didn't expect my alpha to come looking for me."

"You're my Beta, of course I'd come to find you. I left Mel in charge for the time being."

"I bet she's hating you right about now." Aaron says and the two of them burst out laughing. Me, I'm still standing there wondering who the hell this guy is.

Aaron turns back to me with a big smile on his face.

"Jordan, this is my mate, Terra." He states proudly. Jordan extends his hand to me and I shake it.

"Nice to finally meet you." He has black hair and electric blue eyes with a strong build. I'd say he's probably around six foot three since him and Aaron are close to the same size, but Jordan's taller because he's an alpha.

"You too." A flash or recognition passes over his face, but it disappears before I can say  anything about it. No... it can't be. I remember this guy!

"So, are you guys ready to go home?" He interrupts, acting like nothing happened.

"Hell yeah." Aaron answers right away. "I've missed Mel's cooking." Jordan chuckles.

"Figures that all you have on your mind is food." I state, rolling my eyes and starting to walk away from the two boys.

"You've got yourself quite a looker." I hear Jordan say to my mate followed by a muffled thud. "Ow."

"Dude, don't let Mel hear ya or she'll have your ass." Aaron hisses back.

"I'm just stating a fact." There's a pause. "Don't give me that look. I'm not interested." And I'm not either.

"Hello?" I turn around and call back to them. They stop their stupid conversation to face me. "Remember me? I can still hear you." Aaron at least has the guts to look ashamed while his alpha simply smiles at me. I sigh and turn out of the alleyway and back into the sunny street. "I have ears. I'm not dead." Yet. I silently add.

"Good lunch with that one, mate." Jordan says and follows behind me. He walks up to a few trucks parked on the side of the road and opens the front of one, busying himself with something. I pause and wait for Aaron to catch up to me.

"Hey, do you think you can get me a drink from the cafe over there?" I ask once he reaches me.

"Sure. What do you want?"

"Coke please." I kiss him on the cheek and he gives me a lopsided grin before hurrying across the street and through the doors.

I make my way back to Jordan and pick up one of the pairs of sunglasses on the seat. He's smirking at the glasses in his hands.

"Danm he's whipped already." He murmers to himself, shaking his head before looking up at me. "So, I didn't expect to see you here." He says as if we're best friends who just happened to run into each other at the mall.

"Yea, well, I didn't expect to get a mate in you pack either." I fire back, sounding casual and pretending to clean the glasses in my hand for anyone watching. He sighs.

"Life is full of surprises. So, how've you been?" I put the shades on and completely face him.

"Cut it out Jordan. I just need you to promise that you won't report me being here to my brother." I look him in the eyes and he meets my stare. Alphas don't back down easily.

"Which one? And yes I know there's more than one." He adds after seeing my shocked look. "Every alpha is informed about Hayden so if he goes onto our land we don't attack him. It's on a level of security that only the alpha can know."

"Makes sense."

"And no... if you don't want me to tell then I won't. Just because I'm one of Cameron's long distance friends doesn't mean I'm a tattle tail."

"Good to know."

"Yea, but it is nice to see you after all these years. I'm also happy that you're Aaron's mate and not some  snot nosed bitch." I laugh.

"Believe me, I think a few tried."

"I bet." He runs his hand through his hair, making it stick up in some places. "Are you going to tell him you know me?"

"I wasn't until I knew for sure that it was you and it is. I'll tell him as soon as he gets back." He nods and puts his own glasses on.

"Here's your chance." He turns away to kinda give us some privacy.

"Here you are."

"I know Jordan already." I decide to blurt out and that coke I asked for is now on the ground. It's a good thing I don't really like coke anyways.

"God! Do you know everybody?!"

"Not the queen of England." I joke, sending him an innocent smile. Jordan covers up a laugh with a small cough.

 "And you didn't think to tell me when I introduced the two of you?" He crosses his arms over his chest, making his muscled arms bulge. I keep my eyes on his face, but by his smirk I know he's listening in on my thoughts. Even when I tell him not to, he never listens.

"I wasn't completely sure if it was him, but then I remembered his eyes. They're kinda hard to forget." My mate frowns and I can only guess he's taking my words the wrong way. Course, I would never know because he keeps me blocked from his mind. I have no secrets, so why should he? "Not like that." Yeesh, he gets so jealous so easily.

"You're unmated and not marked. Of course he's going to take everything the wrong way until he knows for certain you're his forever." I glare pointedly at him.

"Thank you for that useless information." He chuckles and just when I think about how how long it would take to strangle him, Aaron restrains me by pulling me to his side. I pout up at him and he simple traces my lower lip with his thumb.

"You owe me one Jordan." The alpha raises his eyebrow in question and Aaron laughs. "Someone was having some violent thoughts and I might have saved your ass."

"You really haven't changed much apart from the fact that you've gotten taller." He motions with his hands to my size and I swat it away. Growls echo from around us and he frowns. "Oh hush up! All of you!" The other wolves in his pack, that I hadn't noticed until now, are standing around their alpha.

"A lot has changed. Plus I haven't seen you since I was, what, twelve? Did you expect everything to be exactly like it was?"

"Yea, you were a foot shorter and a lot quieter." He teases and I scowl.

"I liked you better then too... when you weren't an alpha yet." A few men ooh at my comment, but he just laughs. There's something seriously wrong with his head.

"Same as always." He sighs and stand tall. "Get ready to leave. We'll go in five minutes." He booms and people scurry away to their cars. He looks over his men before looking to Aaron behind me. "Where the hell is Damon?"

"Shit." He curses and mumlbes to me that he'll be right back. Running into the closest bar, I hear yelling start from inside.

"Jess and Jay are at the hotel down the street."

"That idiot had to go drinking." Jordan is shaking his head, proobably ignoring my last sentence.

"Some people never change." I offer as  some words of advice and he smirks, throwing his arm over my shoulders. Now he hears me.

"I think I could get used to you being my Beta Terra." I smile up at him and hop up into the front seat of the truck he's driving.

"Do you remember our favorite song?" I ask, a smile creeping it's way onto my face. He scoffs and starts the vehicle.

"Of course." He presses a button on the consul and the music starts playing through the speakers.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey all! Here's another chapter!

It seems like Terra knows everyone, but that's something that comes with being a princess. Royalty knows a lot of different people.

Oh! And when Aaron says 'whatever' and Terra answers by saying 'you too', it's a joke :) Read California6 's book Riding With the Wind if you really want to know what it's all about :D

Hope you like it!

                 kristen <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

728K 9.7K 26
Ali thought she was going to have a perfect senior year, and everything was going according to those plans until Rhys showed up. The attraction was...
1.1M 14.6K 37
Living in a world where the dance team is her kingdom, fashion her passion, and judo her secret pastime, Jade Wright's life is as close to perfect as...
684K 11.6K 32
"Oh god," I made little gasping sounds, unable to stop my eyes from rereading the note again and again."This can't be happening." Love conquers all...
13.4K 182 31
“Making friends is hard, falling in love is harder but falling in love with two wrong persons is astonishing easy. Still I would have preferred my li...