What Is Love? (A Ross and Roc...

By poeticjust

Two girls have the opportunity of a lifetime when they meet their idols, R5. Together, they must deal with dr... More

What Is Love?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Change Of Plans

Chapter 5

412 7 2
By poeticjust

Kayla's POV

They got on their bus and drove away. I sighed and fell against the wall. Ross Lynch just wished me happy birthday. And he hugged me. OMG! ROSS LYNCH JUST WISHED ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND GAVE ME A HUG! Oh my gosh! I looked at Joann and she had this stupid small grin on her face.

" I JUST GAVE ROCKY LYNCH MY NUMBER!" We screamed and jumped up and down. I gave her the biggest hug ever.

"This is the best birthday present ever! Thank you so much! I love you!!" We walked to the car and sat down. Joann's phone buzzed and she quickly picked it up.

" He just texted me!" she gasped.

" Read what it says!" I yelled.

" OK calm down. He said... hey what's up?!" We screamed again. She texted back. It took a couple minutes but he answered back. They kept texting.

Rocky: ross REALLY wants your sisters number can you please send it to me so he'll leave me alone?

Joann showed me her phone

"He-he wants MY number?" I almost fainted with excitement. Joann sent it to him and turned the car on. She got on the freeway when my phone beeped.

Ross: Hey Kayla :)

Me: hey :)

Ross: What are you doing?

Me: Texting you.

Ross: Haha. Very funny. :( Seriously, though.

Me: I'm sitting in a car. Going home. Texting you.

Ross: Oh.

Me: What are you doing?

Ross: Sitting in a bus. To Ohio. Texting you.

Me: Wow. That's cool.

Ross: Not really. Sleeping on a bus is not fun.

Me: Awww. Is little Ross complaining? :)

Ross: No!

Ross: How old are you?

Me: I'll be 18 tomorrow.

Ross: I'll be 19 in December.

Me: Yeah. I know. The 29th.

Me:That sounds like a stalker.

Ross: Yeah. Kinda. But it shows you're a true fan. :)

I was so tired I fell asleep and forgot to text Ross back. When I woke up, we were home and I saw my dad was standing at the door with an angry look on his face.

"Where were you?" I looked at the ground.

"We were at a concert." Joann looked my father right in the eyes. I glared at her. She just got me a one-way ticket to getting in MAJOR trouble.

"You lied to me? Kayla, you are not allowed to go anywhere anymore." I looked at him.

"That's not fair!"

"Why did you lie about it?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't let me go." He looked at me with triumph.

"Exactly. Now go inside." I sulked and headed towards the door.

"Daddy, it was my fault. I bought the tickets for her birthday and she really loves this band so it's my fault, not hers."

Something rung in my head.

"My birthday. MY BIRTHDAY!! I will be 18 tomorrow so you can't control me. I can go anywhere I want tomorrow because I am in control of my life tomorrow. Not you." It was my turn to have a look of triumph. My dad looked shocked but then with a look I couldn't describe.

"If you're on your own, you can go find somewhere to stay. But not with me. In my house, you listen to my rules. If you don't, you need to leave." I glared at him but then I realized what he said.

"You're kicking me out?" I asked with fear. He nodded and closed the door. I sat on the porch and cried. 

Damn me and my big mouth!

"I have nowhere to stay. I'm going to be homeless!" I wailed.

"Kayla. I'm still here." I looked up to see my sister. "You can stay with me."

"Really?" I asked.

"Duh.. go get your stuff."

I opened the door and ran to my room to get my stuff. I packed two suitcases and threw them in Joann's car.

We got in the car and I saw my dad look out the window at me. I shook my head and looked away. My phone beeped and I took it out of my pocket.

Ross: Hello?

Me: Hey, sorry I fell asleep. Can I talk to you later?

Ross: Sure, but what's wrong?

Me: Umm.. I actually just got kicked out of my house...for sneaking out and going to the concert.

Ross: Kicked out?!? Are you okay?

Me: I'm fine, I'm on my way to Joann's house. I'm just shocked. I can't believe my dad would do that to me. I didn't even get to say goodbye to my brothers.

Ross: That sucks :(

Me: Yeah. But it's okay. I was going to leave anyway for college in a couple months. I just thought I had more time.

Ross: I'm giving you a hug through the screen :)

Me: Thanks. I appreciate it. I gotta go talk to you later. Good Night :)

Ross: No problem. Good Night Kayla :)

Under the circumstances, things were starting to look up. A lot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270 0 18
~M~ ᴾᴵᶜᴷ ᵞᴼᵁᴿ ᴴᴱᴬᴰ ᵁᴾ, ᴾᴿᴵᴺᶜᴱˢˢ. ᵞᴼᵁᴿ ᵀᴵᴬᴿᴬ ᴵˢ ᶠᴬᴸᴸᴵᴺᴳ. тнєяє ωαѕ иσтнιиg αвσυт мιяαи∂α тнαт мα∂є нєя ωαит тσ кєєρ ℓινιиg. But then her life was t...
42.4K 900 168
Laura Marano's life is going downhill lately but what happens when she meets r5 !?Ross lynch?!
3.3K 122 34
R5 has this competition where you can win to go on tour with them .  The competition is where you answer a whole bunch of questions that no one...
1.8K 12 35
Love <3 at first sight. Ross meets this girl and falls in love with her. She felt the same way also. What would happen to them if they knew that they...