Lie With Me

By ItsAnaHere

My name is Anastasia Stratford. I entered a whole new world with one signature. Why I did it? Simple. Money... More

Waiting
Busy
Face to face with the devil
Disaster
Surprise
Amateur Actress
The Contract
Aloha!
Awkward
Wedding Day - Part 1
Wedding Day - Part 2
Star of the Show
A Fresh Start
New Home
Party Plans?
Full of Hot Air
Confessions
Denial
The Room's Spinning
A Good Day Runined
The Tourist
Birthday Tears
Sick Day
Engagement Party
Breakup
Cheers To Us
From the Heart
Complications
Talk to Me
Sisters by Chance?
By Blood
What A Small World
Beg
Shrink
My Time Is Up
Letting Go
Therapy?
Broken
Eavesdropping
Fate?
What's New
Disaster Brewing?
Wedding Vows
Til Death Do Us Part?
Unfolded
Spill the Beans
All Mixed Up

Lies

6.1K 311 49
By ItsAnaHere

I wake up in the morning feeling.... I can't even describe it. My mind was scattered everywhere. I had the urge to throw out the stupid but beautiful flowers Alex had sent me. I guess I was shocked when Alex didn't stand up for me, and even more shocked that Ainsley's secretly planning my death. Probably. I just thought Alex and I were on good terms? I rub my eyes with my hands. God, I brought this on myself. This is what happens Ana when you trust someone. I couldn't believe I let myself trust him. Now I had to go to work and see him arrogant stupid face. I groan.

It was super sunny today which was defiantly the opposite of my mood. I didn't wait for Alex this morning. I slid on my big black sunglasses and took a cab. Today I wore a black dress and some matching black heels. I looked like I was going to a funeral. I didn't care, I sure felt like I was going to a funeral though. I greet Katie and escape to my office. Hopefully I won't have to be face to face with the devil today. I had started going over some files until my phone started to ring. God damn it.

"Hello," I greeted in a bitter tone.

"Are you okay Ana?" Katie asked from the other line.

"Yes, what do you need?"

"Okay, well Mr. Bentley asked that you come in for a meeting in the conference room on the floor below us and take notes."

"Okay thanks," I say without waiting for her to reply.

I step out of the elevator mentally preparing myself. Ana you will not go into a fit rage when you see this dickhead. I enter the conference room and all eyes are on me. I make direct eye contact with Alex and maintain a serious expression on my face. I take a seat in the only available seat which thankfully was not beside Alex. The table was filled with men I didn't know and I didn't even realize Grayson was there. But there he sat at the other end of the table from Alex. We made eye contact and I gave him a polite smile. The meeting began and I took notes. It was so awfully boring. Just the presence of Alex pissed me off today. I don't know why I was honestly so ticked. Maybe it was because I was so stupid to think I could actually trust him and be friends with him. What was I thinking?

The meeting finally ended after what seemed like forever. I silently slipped out the door as soon as it was over. What should I eat for lunch? Maybe I'll just order a pizza? Yes, sounds good. As soon as I get back to my office I order a large Hawaiian pizza with jalapeños.

During my lunch break I eat my pizza and watch one of my favorite movies on my laptop. The Other Woman. It instantly put me in a better mood. Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann are my favorites. I about finished the whole pizza when my door swung open. Alex.

"What the hell?" Alex said in a pissy tone.

I pause my movie. "Excuse me?" I reply in the same tone.

His eyes shoot daggers towards me. "You left this morning."

"Obviously," I roll my eyes.

"Don't fucking roll your eyes at me Anastasia."

What's up his butt? "Don't tell me what to do Alexander."

He walks and stands right over my desk. "Don't mess with me."

Is he for real right now? "What the actual fuck in your problem?"

"The problem is that you left this morning."

"Yes, it is clearly obvious that I left this morning," I say with a hint of sarcasm.

"Why didn't you wait for me. Did I say you could leave?"

I let out a laugh. "You're pissed off at me because I didn't wait for you this morning? You're such a child."

He sent a death glare my way. "Did I say you could leave?"

I cross my arms over my checked. "Last time I checked, I don't need your permission to leave."

"You're pushing my patience Anastasia. You will do as I say. And to think I thought we were becoming friends."

"We could never be friends Alex."

I see a flash of sadness come across his face but it is immediately replaced with anger. "You're right about that. I could never be friends with a gold digging slut like you."

I was shocked to hear what Alex had just said to me. It took a minute for my brain to register it.

"Yeah, I know that you've been sleeping with Grayson," he stated.

I was standing up by now. "Sleeping with him? Are you fucking insane?"

"Don't lie, Grayson told me all about it."

Grayson? Why would he say that to Alex? Especially when it's not true.

"You just violated the whole contra-," Alex began to say before my hand collided with his face.

I slapped him. "How dare you Alex? How could you call me that? You knew those words would hurt me and you said them anyway. Do you really think I'm stupid enough to sleep with Grayson? I don't know what Grayson said to you, but I didn't sleep with him. You can choose to believe me or not, I don't flipping care anymore." My eyes started watering because I was so damn angry with him.

Alex stood there looking at me with no expression on his face. I gathered my things and headed towards the door. I stopped and turned to Alex. "By the way, thank you so very much for standing up to your lovely girlfriend when she called me almost those same exact words last night," I say my voice dripping with sarcasm.

I made way to Grayson's office. I didn't bother to knock. "Why did you lie?" I asked loud and clear.

Grayson immediately got up and walked towards me. "What are you talking about Ana?"

I roll my eyes. "You told Alex I've been sleeping with you."

He sighs and rubs his forehead. "I'm so sorry Ana. Alex and I had a conversation about you and then it got kind of heated."

I look at him dead in the eye. "I can't believe this right now."

He reaches for my hand but I pull away. "I'm sorry, I just became jealous when he started talking about you like you were his."

Oh my gosh. Two children, I swear. I leave his office while I hear him say he's sorry. This is just too ridiculous for me to handle. I guess I kind of put this on myself.

I leave the building. I'm definitely not working the rest of the day. I notice that the weather had changed. It looked like it was going to rain. Good thing I brought an umbrella. I was right, it rained all day. I turned my phone off because I didn't want to be bothered. All I did today was hide out in my favorite book shop and read. Reading allowed me to have a little escape from reality. I didn't realize how long I had been there until the nice lady told me it was time for her to close. I powered on my phone and it was almost nine. Suddenly all these missed calls appeared on my screen. From Alex, from Grayson, from Alex, and so on. When I walked out, it was still raining pretty heavily.

I take a cab back home and realized that my stomach felt empty. I hope theres food in the kitchen. The elevator doors slid open revealing a bunch on men in black suits.

"Sir, she's here," one man said into his shoulder.

"What's going on?" I asked.

The man with the light brown hair answered. "Mr. Bentley has been looking for you all day."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Why?"

"He thought something had happened to you when you didn't answer any of his calls."

Yeah people don't tend to answer the phone when you're pissed at them. "Oh," was all I said.

I contemplated on what to do now? Should I wait for Alex or not? Nope. With that I headed to the kitchen to see if there was any food. My eyes scanned the fridge and to my luck I spot the ingredients for a sandwich. I get out some sliced white bread, ham, tomato, lettuce, and mayo. I first toasted the bread and then started washed and started cutting the tomato.

"Where the hell were you?" I hear Alex's voice.

"Out." I say with my back still to him.

"No shit Sherlock. Do you know how worried I was?"

I scoff. "Really? Why would you be worried about a gold digging slut like me?" I finished slicing the tomato and faced Alex. My eyes grew wide at the sight. He was dripping wet in his suit.

He closed his eyes for a second before responding. "I'm sorry Ana. I should never have said those hateful things to you."

I crossed my arms. "But that is what you think of me?"

"No of course not!" Alex responded immediately.

"Hmmmmm."

"Please forgive me," I heard Alex plead.

"Hmmmm."

"What can I do to make it up to you?" Alex asked.

I sigh. "Just give me time, I'll probably forgive you eventually."

"Okay," Alex states softly.

I cut my sandwich in half and set it on a plate.
I look at Alex to see he hasn't left. "Alex you should change your clothes, you'll get sick."

A smile crept upon his face. "Worried about me?"

I shrug. "Stay in them if you like."

"Can I have half your sandwich?" Alex asked.

I roll my eyes and set half of my sandwich on another plate for him.

"Thanks."

I grab a stool beside him and we eat in silence and strangely enough I didn't find it weird or awkward. He finished eating before me and turned towards me.

"I'm really sorry for the things I said," Alex looked at me with soft eyes.

I took a bite of my sandwich and didn't say anything.

"I guess I got a little jealous when Grayson told me those things that are now obviously not true."

"Why would you be jealous?" I asked.

"Because you're my fiancé. I wouldn't my fiancé cheating on me," Alex stated.

I roll my eyes at his remark. "Well if I recall right, my fiancé is already cheating on me with his first and only love."

Alex stood up and kissed me on the forehead. "Get some sleep doll."

*
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 153 42
My name is Crystal Woods. My parents died in a car accident leaving only my sister, Nina and I . My parents were into business before they died,leavi...
9.5M 455K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
249K 14.4K 40
She was a miserable poor soul looking for a way to get away from her abusive adoptive family. But her adoptive mother sold her off to a mysterious, m...
2.7M 80.4K 49
He took a deep breath. Than began to lower his hand further south, down my neck, stopping at my cleavage. He took an even deeper breath, closing his...