The Naive Princess

Von Abha3006

''People say you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Truth is, you knew what you had, you just never... Mehr

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter -18
Chapter-19
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Epilogue

Chapter-20

11.3K 762 32
Von Abha3006

Adi,

''Mom why me being in India so important'' I asked irritated

''Because I said so. Isn't my word enough ? I want you here in 24 hrs. Do you hear me.'' There was a kind of command in her voice. 

''I don't want to. You and Dad will anyways attend it and I will send gift for his son.'' I tried dissuading her, I was aware that Raksha had already left to attend the grand function. Luckily it was her year break to and she wouldn't be back before a month. Going back to India and attending the party would mean facing her and I am yet not ready. She isn't sorry for her words and I am not in mood to compromise. For years I have loved her unconditionally, all she did was rebuffing me like I was no one. Some random guy who has no self respect, she wanted all proximity in friend zone yet she wasn't ready to accept the small things in my life. The butler I fired told me that my mother and Raksha were in touch. For a moment I couldn't believe my ears, I know how manipulative my mother can be. Did she influence Raksha as well ? or her innocence was just a charade. Come what may, I won't go back . Not now , may be later. Making a decision I joined my friends for dinner . Their company makes me happy, I am glad I found a family away from home.

***

It was past midnight and I didn't even feel drowsy. Leaving the bed, I made my way to the study to engage myself in a good read. It was around an hour past midnight my phone started ringing again. I frowned looking at Dad's number flashing on screen. Answering it quickly I asked worried, ''Dad , all good.''

''Yes, will you keep a small request of mine?'' Dad's question gave away my mom's intentions When I didn't respond, he added, ''Please come down. Your mother wouldn't eat of drink till you are her. I know it is wrong, but she is my wife and I love her. Can you keep this one request of your old father?'' 

Anger started making my nerve throb. I should have known she will exploit dad, that's what she had been doing all her life. 

''I will be there by night Dad!'' I gave in, hearing dad's pleading voice killed all my defences. Mom knows how to get things done. Closing my eyes once, I took in some air to calm my nerves. I had a strong urge to confront her , but controlled. That would mean putting my dad under more pressure. Moving to my room, I pulled out my sky bag and started dumping my stuff. Bhimalgarh or modern day Bhimalpur is the kingdom I was born in. It had been named after one of my great ancestors. Though a part of desert state of the country we don't have much desert around. After my grandfather, my dad took the reign but preferred being referred as a common man. His words are of great importance around, yet he never believed in titles. He did take up the parliamentary seat of the constituency but that was only to safe guard his land from money minded politicians.

Tired, I rubbed my palms over my face. It has been years since I last visited my native. When I went to India to accompany Raksha, I had lied to Veer about going back home instead I had flown to Delhi. I just couldn't handle my mother's controlling nature. Now I will have to face what I tried escaping at any cost. I left a message to my pilot about the journey and started the required process. A thought crossed my mind which made me smile, mom needs a perfect answer and I have it with me.

***

I got afternoon slot for my charted plane.  After walking through the private gateway , we made our way to the plane. ''Adi taking us isn't a good idea.'' Anjali said

''Hey, I have never seen that kingdom of this so called Prince. I am excited'' James tried calming Anjali. 

''I will take this chair.'' Anika jumped on my seat all excited. Grabbing her by arms, I lifted her up cuddling her . She giggled lighting up the surroundings . James pulled Anjali in his lap making her gasp, Anika covered her eyes, ''Time to close my eyes.''

''Who taught you this?'' I asked pecking her cheek

''New daddy''

''baby its just daddy, now come here because daddy is scared of heights.'' James opened his arms and Anika ran to him. I am glad she has James, he is an amazing father. No one can say he isn't her dad. According to Anjali he is spoiling her bad, Anika had been now acting rowdy in school on the name of her wrestler like father. Great going I must say. After straight 9 hrs we landed in Delhi, I had my vehicle waiting which drive us to my native. I made a call to make arrangements for my friends, I don't want them insulted. Dad's manger drove them to one of our old Haveli, it was a gift from my grandfather to me. And I preferred going there than going to Ranawat Palace. ''Hukum, everyone is waiting lets leave.'' The 60+ chauffeur of my dad requested with a bow. Taking a step to him, I just huged the old guy. He had been more than a help, he had been my teacher. His shoulders have carried me more than my dad's, ''How are you kaka.''

''Now I feel awesome.'' he replied in a choked voice. Moving to the passenger side, I pulled open the door, ''Give me the privilege to drive you today.''

''Your mother will be very angry.'' He replied worried. But more than her I was angry for making Kaka work at this age.

''Kaka, I am already mad a her. Please, I request.'' he slowly walked on to the passenger side and I took the wheel. With diminishing distance my anger started seeping in. If she thinks she can make me dance on her tunes, she is wrong. Neither I will dance on hers nor on Raksha's. I felt my nerves ticking as I entered the long drive way of Ranawat Palace.

The Palace is on a little height  with a curvy driveway, I took the curve to enter the main sloppy driveway of Ranawat Palace. By the time I was near the front porch my temper had had soared rocket high. I pulled out and helped Kaka out asking him to continue as I wanted to take this further myself. 

I made my way straight to my mother's room. As expected she sat there reading a page 3 magazine, ''I thought by now you would be bed ridden.'' I mocked

''Is that the way to speak to your mother Aditya?''

''Is that a way to blackmail your husband Mrs Anuradha Ranawat.'' I answered hers with another question

''You left me no choice.''

''Don't push your luck mom, you might just run out of it.'' She smirked. Turning to me she smiled, ''Go rest for sometime, we have dinner together.''

''I will have dinner, but with my family. I am leaving for my summer home. ''

''You bought those lowly people with you? How dare they step on my lands.'' She doesn't look like anything like a starving one

''Not yours, mine. I am the hire to the Ranawat wealth, you are just the wife of current scion. So better stop calling it yours.'' This was the first time I showed my right, but it was necessary. She glared at me and I decided to match her stare. 

''Aditya, my son.'' Dad's voice soften my stance. Turning around I hugged him, holding him a little longer, ''Missed you dad.''

He broke the hug and took me in with eyes, holding me at arm length distance, ''You have grown more handsome since I last you.''

''Why not, I look like you and I am glad I am like you in everything'' That was to taunt on my mom and it did work because I heard her banging the book down and stomping out of the room. 

''Would you mind joining me and my friends for dinner.'' i requested. Dad nodded and I knew, it would be amazing dinner with a real family.''

***

''Do you mind if I bring my friends along?'' I asked Veer over the call.  

''Why do you ask? Anjali is my friend too and I am glad she decided to walk out shell after so long''

We started discussing random things and in the background I could hear baby squeals. There was strange vroom sound and I heard Veer scolding his son, ''Vikram , that's not your play thing give it back.'' I could hear the toddler giggle and all could hear was Veer's no and not. He again spoke, ''Adi , got to go or else this lad will destroy everything he shouldn't touch.'' Laughing I disconnected, let's see how you react to Anjali and Anika's presence Raksha. Your behaviour will deiced my stance on you.

***

As expected, Rathore's celebrated the bday of new prince like a festival. I met almost all names I could recall and what should I say about Rathore kids. Vikram turned out to be an adorable boy. Not even once I saw the little guy whining or throwing tantrums. On the other hand little Rolli looked like a little angel, her family looked over protective as she wasn't allowed in anyone's arms accept family. James was enchanted with the surroundings , while Anjali looked little withdrawn. I decided to stick to her side, I knew she felt out of the place. Veer directed Anika to the kids party he had organised in other area, James looked reluctant as he didn't wanted his daughter to face any kind of snide remark or behavior for not being elite. He decided to follow Veer to make sure Anika was fine. 

''Say hi to Adi uncle.'' Veer bought Vikram to me, the little guy scrutinized me from top to bottom and hid his face in his father's neck all shy. I poked his sides lightly and he giggled being ticklish. We spoke for sometime and the Veer excused himself. I felt eyes on me and then my eyes met hers, she stood at a distance wearing an elegant beige dress. A long embellished skirt with a boat neck blouse leaving her midrif on display. Her hair being made into a stylish side pleat . I took in all of her, she indeed is the most beautiful girl in the world. I quickly turned my eyes away, I frowned when i found my mother talking to Ananya and Dipika. There expression were tel tale that my mother did say something she shouldn't. Shaking my head, I informed my friends and moved into the lawn to take some fresh air.

After a couple of minutes, two slender arms went under my arms grabbing my shoulders tightly, ''Adi!!'' The whisper of my name from her lips brought alive all the feelings I had decided to kill. Closing my eyes I stood still as she pressed herself on my back, I felt her leaving faint kisses on my shoulder, ''I missed you''

I still preferred to stay quite. Moving front she stared into my eyes, ''won't you say anything?''

Turning expressionless I replied, ''What should I say? Is there anything left, if I remember we had concluded everything last time.''

''How can you break-up with me this easily?'' She questioned grabbing my collar

''Break-up? I don't remember we being in relationship in the first place.''

''Is it necessary to convey everything with words?'' she asked pained

''Yes, it is. Especially when in involves you, who knows tomorrow you change your mind and declare us to be just friends like in the past. The fact is I don't trust you Raksha.''

''Same here Adi. But I am trying, because....'' She choked

''You can't bring yourself to confess your heart , trust is too far Princess. Go find someone who would dance on your tunes.'' I knew I was rude, but now I am done being polite adjusting and giving.

''Adi I was....Oh sorry I didn't knew you were busy.'' Anjali's sudden voice broke the tension between us. Raksha stared at Anjali and then at me, ''I thought something could work, but you don't want it to.'' I just smirked, there is no point explaining anything to her.

With a jerk she walked off, Anjali tried interrupting but I held her hand asking her to get Anika as it was time to leave. I stood there in the lawn for some more time and then decided to meet Veer and Ranvijay once.

Familiar female voices dew my attention to the dark area of the lawn. I heard someone sobbing and the other voice consoling, ''You just have to agree to my plan and he will be yours for life.''

''Raksha, we have to make your family believe that your relationship has crossed few boundaries. Aditya will have no choice but to marry you...'' that was my mom. Its high time I make my presence known. I declared my presence with a clap, ''I was aware about you being manipulative but never thought of Raksha to like you. I should be thanking god that I saw your real face.'' Where my mom looked shocked, Raksha looked completely broken. She took a step and I stepped back, ''I just hate you.'' Her eyes started filling up, she took few steps back with her gaze locked with mine. Next minute she turned and ran off disappearing in the Palace. I gave my mother one long stare before walking off, I just wanted to leave. But my way got blocked by a very furious looking Dipika, carrying little Aahana in her arms she had her eyes fixed on me, ''Would you mind sparing me a minute?'' I huffed, sooner or later I had to face that, better get over with it now. With a nod I followed her as she led me to the hotel restaurant area of the Palace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done. Happy Friday guys. Do let me know your views and don't forget to vote.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

126K 1.6K 23
A relationship without trust is never strong.. He doesn't trust her and even cheats on her, she knew all of that but that doesn't stop her love for...
18K 895 25
She didn't predict it. She didn't know. She had no knowledge about it. She didn't even have the slightest idea about it. All she knew was, she was go...
2.4K 54 45
"Everyone has scars, just not all of them can be seen" 12 months is only a short period of time to heal. A short period of time to forget everything...
8.8K 387 12
"You never know what you have until you lose it, and once you lost it, you can never get it back".