Demons (Damirae)

By Bats_1213

*Set after The Judas Contract* Life has gone back to some semblance of normalcy for the titans after the whol... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
SORRYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Sixteen

5.7K 127 167
By Bats_1213

A.N: Wow...we've come so far...

"Ouch!"

"Move you're arm you little...!"

"I swear to God if you don't get off-"

"WHO THE FUCK IS SITTING ON MY LEG?!"

"Uqsim' billah my katana is going through the next person that touches me!"

Dick and Kori looked upon the scene with despair: did this have to happen EVERY SINGLE TIME?! Could these people not exit the car in an orderly fashion- was it THAT hard?

Once they had finally righted themselves, the group took their time assessing the surroundings (mostly Damian though, what could he say?- old habits die hard). They were met by exactly what had been expected: bright lights, loud noises and candy floss. 

The memory of pure sugar wafted over Damian's mind, bringing a soft smile to his lips. Towards Raven, his eyes were drawn, but only for a brief moment. That abnormal feeling -that he had been experiencing all too often- swept through his chest as he found her eyes already trained on his. Brushing it off, Damian tuned back towards the two standing in from of the group.

After running through the 'rules' (cue several eye-rolls) Kori and Dick allowed the overly-large group to divide: Kori and Dick (obviously) going off together; Steph and Tim walking arm in arm. The others had a moment of indecision before Raven, Damian and Jaime started away from the rest. Not wanting to be the third wheel for Kori and Dick or Tim and Stephanie, Jason made his way over to them, leaving Adyn, Donna and Jon standing around awkwardly.

Not wanting to spend any longer in the tense moment, Donna bounded over to the quartet ahead of them. Having no other purpose, Adyn and Jon followed, causing Damian to shake his head in amusement. Neither had proved to be very decisive people.

This would be an interesting few hours...to say in the least.

***

"Damian, you might want to consider staying away from those falafels.", Raven smirked, eliciting  a raised eyebrow from the boy in question.

"What exactly are you infer-", he broke off at Raven's uncharacteristic chuckles and followed where her arm was pointing.

Giving her a look of incredulity, Damian brought his hands together slowly in a sarcastic clap, "Wow. Honestly, I am in awe at the sensibility- truly!", he raised a hand to his heart dramatically, "Damnation upon those that would ever dare to suggest immaturity on your part!"

Swatting his arm, Raven attempted to stifle her giggles by clamping a hand over her mouth.

"Oh, come off it!", she said, between titters.

Rolling his eyes at her, Damian turned away from the funhouse mirrors, seeking to divert the subject. Finding an opportunity, the ex-assassin took his chance.

"Well would you look at that?", Raven raised her eyebrows at him, prompting for the boy to continue -although she was miffed that he had cut her fun short-, "I'd say you're facing similar issues Raven."

Damian's aggravating smirk caused Raven to resist the urge to slam his face in to the mirror in front of her (which depicted a considerably misshapen demoness). Ignoring Damian's mischievous snickers, Raven caught sight of possibly the greatest thing in the world.

Candyfloss.

Without warning, she walked off towards the stand, manned by a woman projecting so much boredom that Raven wouldn't even need to be an empath to feel it. Damian stared after her in confusion before jogging to join up with her, feeling that it would be rather stupid to stand laughing alone. One might think he had mental issues. Of course that wasn't true...

Having procured the blue spun-sugar, Raven led them over to a nearby bench, fighting off nostalgia. It was just like that time two years ago. They hardly knew each other then. They had still kept their not-so-secrets. How things had changed...

Yet, they seemed to have changed for the better: brought the two closer than before- close enough to be called friends...perhaps good or even best friends. Everything would be alright between them, so long as they stayed away from certain... topics.

And eating pure sugar, quote unquote, was most certainly a safe zone. Hence, they sat placidly together, eating away: watching Jon trying to impress Donna like a complete twat; Jaime dying with laughter; and Jason and Adyn looking...lost.

***

P.O.V: Koriand'r

(a.n: MWAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!!!! did you...?)

Across from me, I saw Dick, shuffling his hands. It was strange. Why did he look to be in so nervous a mood? Was it something I did?

His eyes shot up to meet mine for a second, but then fell down again. What was wrong? We had been seated in the Wheel of Ferr- oops, I mean Ferris Wheel for a few minutes and he had not spoken a word to me.

I could not help but feel concerned for him, it was not like my boyfriend to act in such a way. Deciding to do something about it, I tapped him on the shoulder. This caused Dick to sit up straight very quickly. 

Hiding my surprise, I put the question to him, "Dick, is something the matter? That is to say...are you quite feeling well?"

Giving me greater shock than previously, he began to talk so fast and unexpectedly I could not understand what he was saying at first. But he spoke with such compassion it brought tears to my eyes.

I sat for a while as he poured his heart out (I believe that is the correct phrasing) all I was able to do was listen. By the point at which he had finished, I had water streaming down my cheeks and did not know how to react.

"Kori...", his sparkling blue eyes met mine, causing me to loose my breath- even after all of those years, he still managed to do that to me- but his next words made my head spin with happiness, "Kori you are my everything. You have lifted me up when I thought I would spend my life on the floor forever. You have made me believe in family. I can't...I can't ever see myself without you Koriand'r ..."

He got off of his seat and on to the compartment floor...on his knees, "Will you marry me?"

I tackled Dick to the floor, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck and pressing my lips to his, too overcome to even speak. He sat up, responding with equal enthusiasm until we broke apart, noses against one another's, faces close, smiling from ear to ear.

"Yes!", I breathed, "A thousand times yes!"

Together we laughed between kisses, in an embrace of pure love. Then his hand strayed to the my back with his thumb brushing against my stomach, causing me to break away as I remembered.

He furrowed his brow at me as the mood had changed.

"Dick, ", I began, unsure of how I should continue, "there is something I must tell you."

"What is it?!", he urged, voice soaked in concern.

Wanting to see his reaction as soon as possible and not keep secrets from him, I blurted, "I am pregnant."

His face lit up brighter than the sun setting behind us.

***

End P.O.V

***

When Dick and Kori retuned to the group (who had somehow managed to join together near one of the rides) they were both positively beaming, causing the suspicions of the others to be raised. It was difficult, for a moment, for Raven to think straight due to the overflow of emotions, however, she managed to calm herself within a few seconds. Upon reaching that state of clarity, she recognised the overly positive auras being excluded by the two and how it had already begun brightening her mood.

Raven exchanged bemused glances with Damian and Adyn (being the only ones to know about Kori's pregnancy). Perhaps she had told him? It wasn't entirely implausible that Kori would have told Dick: with both of them being easy-going people, it wouldn't surprise Raven in the least.

Going with the theory that Kori had revealed her pregnancy to Dick, Raven felt a surge of gratification that he took the news so well: otherwise Raven would have someone on her 'to-kill' list...it was quite lengthy.

"What's got you two in such a good mood?", Steph asked, pulling her cardigan over her shoulders.

Tim held his girlfriend tighter around the waist to stop her from shivering, commenting, "Yeah, I mean, you're usually smiley...but not this smiley."

Dick simply put an arm around Kori's shoulder, sweetly pressing his lips to her cheek, "Nothing.", he murmured.

Naturally, this caused Jason's gag reflex to appear and for Jon to develop a sudden coughing fit. Jaime's eyes did a three-sixty at the people around him, as did Raven and Damian- though, of course, the three were sharing in the amusement internally.

And poor Adyn...he was stuck in a realm of confusion.

A.N

I don't even know what to say anymore...what even was that? And the length was dreadful; but I HAVE AN EXCUSE!!!

First off, I would like to say a huge Ramadhan Mubarak to any Muslims fasting because the struggle is real people. We will make it through the month! I swear down I absolutely stuffed myself for Iftar, like, I can barely move! Still, everything should be fine XD Although the reason this update was so short is because I was busy with preparations so...sorry.

Back on to the story, the whole 'theme park/ funfair' thing will be continuing on to the next chapter so, yeah. 

And in more important news... 

***

WHO SHOULD I PARTNER BRUCE WAYNE/BATMAN WITH?

You have some options:

1)Diana Prince (Wonderwoman)

2)Selina Kyle (Catwoman)

3)Pamela Isley (Poison Ivy)

4)My Own Character

5)Clarke Kent (Superman) BECAUSE I CAN, OKAY?!

So, yeah, please tell me what you guys think- I will be using whatever receives the most votes! 

Thank you! 

-Bats :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

621K 37.8K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
184K 6K 87
*Cover done by @cherryyclouds , I am eternally grateful and so so so happy with it!!!!* There it is- that little skipped beat sending your heart plum...
242K 6K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
44.9K 1.1K 9
A Zutara inspired version of The Puppet Master (S3E8)