Thrive in Catastrophe by 焦糖冬瓜

By dealeigh

In the future the world has been ravaged by the Comet Virus. Most of the world's population has been infecte... More

Ramble
Aftermath
Come Back Alive
Chapter 3 Accidental Kiss
Chapter 4 Wish You A Happy Life
Chapter 5 Hiking
Chapter 6 Why Don't You Kiss Him?
Chapter 7 Simulation Driving
Chapter 8 You Two Have a Great Brain
Chapter 9 Did You Miss Me
Chapter 10 Fantasy
Chapter 11 Ocean
Chapter 12 Trap
Chapter 13 Claustrophobic Escape Pod
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 I want to...Unrinate
Chapter 16 Two Requirements of Maya
Chapter 17 How Is My Hair?
Chapter 18 Brothers
Chapter 19 About Immortality
Chapter 20 Heated Swimming Pool
Chapter 21 Xiao's Death
Chapter 22 Living or Dying
Chapter 23 I Will Teach Him To Be Powerful
Chapter 24 Fall or Flight
Chapter 25 King Kong Barbie
Chapter 26 It Is Dangerous Here
Chapter 27 I Want To Die In His World
Chapter 28 I Can Take You Away
Chapter 29 You Cannot Die
Chapter 30 Learn To Heal Yourself
Chapter 31 Cherries
Chapter 32 The Test
Chapter 33 Put Your Head In a Jar
Chapter 34 Nobody Can Kill Me
Chapter 35 The Successor
Chapter 36 Want To See Who It Is
Chapter 37 Do You Know Why I Kiss You Here
Chapter 38 A Second Later
Chapter 39 What Is So Special About You
Chapter 40 (Part 1) You Said Heine
Chapter 40 (Part 2) It Must Be Done
Chapter 41(Part 1) What Does Time Matter
Chapter 41 (Part 2) Do You Believe In Me
Chapter 43 Terrible Creatures
Chapter 44 I Am Also A Monster
Chapter 45 Faster Than You
Chapter 46 Butterfly Effect
Chapter 47 He Wants You
Chapter 48 Who Were You Thinking About
Chapter 49 Don't Be Afraid To Fall
Chaper 50 Blue Eyes
Chapter 51 I Fear...
Chapter 52 Are You Going To Quit
Chapter 53 Striptease
Chapter 54 The Ice Cracks
Chapter 55 Stronger
Chapter 56 Hermit Crab
Chapter 57 The Promise
Chapter 58 Xiao Yan's Determination
Chapter 59 Comet's Home
Chapter 60 Your Own Battlefield
Chapter 61 Can Anyone Beat Them
Chapter 62 NoRestraint
Chapter 63 Paralyzed
Chapter 64 Where Is My Brain
Chapter 65 Did You Really Think I Would Not Hurt You
Chapter 66 Total Recall
Chapter 67 What Did You See
Chapter 68 It Is Finished
Chapter 69 Change Your Fate
Chapter 70 Everything You Love
Chapter 71 How Human...
Chapter 72 The Little Mermaid
Chapter 73 Xiao Yan's Defense Mechanism
Chapter 74 One Of My Kind
Chapter 75 Everything
Chapter 76 Heine's Anguish
Chapter 77 Focus
Chapter 78 Brain Killer
Chapter 79 Ordinary Woman
Chapter 80 Reboot
Chapter 81 Restore
Chapter 82 The Bet
Chapter 83 The Door
Chapter 84 Do You Hate Me
Chapter 85 The One I Trust the Most
Chapter 86 I Know You Love Me
Chapter 87 Gentle
Chapter 88 Bait
Chapter 89 Trap
Chapter 90 Emergency Meeting
Chapter 91 Falling Sky
Chapter 92 Last Hope
Chapter 93 Best Bait
Chapter 94 Don't Look Back
Chapter 95 This Is How We Came To This World
Chapter 96 Goodbye
Chapter 97 Destroyer
Chapter 98 Part 1 Fire
Chapter 98 Grave
Chapter 98 Part III Freedom (Last part of 98)
Chapter 99 New World
New Beginnings

Chapter 42 Don't Take Risks With His Life

42.7K 1K 347
By dealeigh

Strictly speaking, although the Special Task force is the most powerful of the special forces, not every combat soldier has accepted the x virus. Major General Gordon is from the armed forces division, he has not ever accepted the x-virus.

When the commandos go out into the field, Major General Gordon can sit at his desk and dictate. His position is unique.

"I didn't come here to relieve your boredom. I want to know what the hell you are playing at? Care to tell me when Xiao Yan synthesized the x-virus? Let me guess, you were trying to lure the infiltrate lurking into the Shire by using him as bait!"

Jane narrowed his eyes and the low pressure present in his gaze converged with Major General Gordon's. Xiao now understands why his days have been filled with disasters.

He now understands why as a mere class B student has a master level commando, such as Jane Wallace, to protect him. He was the bait and Jane the hunter.

"Don't be so angry, we have gained much from this exercise. For example we found that Cole is from the Surge organization. The ministry of communication , military and even the torture forces eventually faced blockers from the Surge. including Xiao Yan." The major General's eyes drifted to peer over Jane's shoulder and looked at Xiao Yan.

"I didn't expect you to come Xiao Yan. Do you have anything to report?"

Xiao expression is unreadable and he gives a stiff salute to the Major General. "Reporting Sir."

" Oh? What is it?"

"You are an out-and-out bastard!" Xiao Yan's expression is very serious and he speaks this quite firmly.

"Hahah", General Gordon laughed and patted Xiao Yan's shoulders. "Don't do this. The idea was Iverson's of the Central Academy of Sciences. He came up with it. Don't forget, Xiao Yan you have already been hunted by the Surge, you understand the value of killing. Also, the military has increased your security level."

He arched a brow, "What do you mean?"

"Your project is nearly complete. If you succeed, you will have synthesized a new virus.".

Xiao Yan swallowed. "I didn't expect you know to the details of my research project."

" As an elites combat troops, of course we will pay attention to a virus that makes our soldiers invisible to zombies."

Xiao Yan has found the sequence that the other researchers ignored; the gene chain in the comet virus. The code doesn't cause any harm to the human body. Using siRNA he blocked the harmful parts of the comet virus. Once one becomes a carrier, the isolated action of the virus cause the zombie hosts to mistakenly identify them as one of their own. With this, they will not attack. It is as Gordon said, once the soldiers are injected with it, the zombies will not see them as something to attack.

"Even if I have found the gene strand, I have to use a viral vector to deliver it to the human body. I have no finished products and have not even tested it. How can the Surge possibly.."

"They know because Casey's assistant is connected to influential members of the Surge. He sent all of your information to them. From their point of view they are a god's breath away from success," Major General Gordon's palm overshadowed Xiao Yan as he clapped his hand on his shoulder. The casual gesture felt like he had been hit by a large rock.

"Do you know why the Surge has been attacking research aircraft?"

"Why?" Xiao Yan had the distinct impression that he didn't want to hear this answer.

"

General Gordon looked over at Jane, and the lazy expression on his face sank into somber lines.

Jane spoke slowly, "The Surge has developed new biotechnology. They have been harvesting the brains of researchers and linking them to terminals. Forcing them to think until the brain is longer viable."

Xiao Yan took a heavy sigh. "What is the relationship between me and this technology?"

"Xiao Yan are you aware of the rate you interface with the terminal?"

Xiao Yan shook his head.

"Three hundred trillion mega-speed."

This answer not only makes Xiao Yan's eyes spin, even Jane Wallace's eyes flash in surprise.

"Xiao Yan, didn't realize you were such a powerful person. " Jane tipped his head back and laughed" It was my negligence to treat you as nothing more than an adorably cute rookie researcher."

"Cute?" Xiao Yan's face fell into black lines. The day that Jane Wallace treats him like a normal human being...normal attitude...language...that would be the most wonderful day.

"Their goal, is to get a hold of your brain." Gordon looked at Xiao Yan with a very serious expression.

His statement rammed against Xiao like a boulder.

He thought of the students who didn't want to leave the aircraft. Maybe they were not just killed, perhaps their brains were taken. Without thinking Xiao found himself touching the back of his head. He could not imagine what would happen if his brain was taken.

A deep cold freezes the chambers of Xiao's heart

Jane sneered and yelled right in the face of the high ranking general. His voice flattened and squeezed through his teeth as he spit out the words. "He almost died, that rare wonderful brain. Per your orders, it was nearly lost."

"I admit fault. "Gordon leveled his gaze at Jane a deep expression lining his face. "I didn't think that the Surge would attempt to assassinate Xiao Yan as desperately as they did. This shows how serious they are about Xiao Yan's brain."

Jane's fingers wrap around Gordon's neck and his voice was icy, "I really should break your neck, let you have a taste of death. He almost died, and you're concerned over his brain speed? That precious brain was almost the property of the Surge."

"But he is still alive Colonel and you were not the only one protecting Xiao Yan." Gordon looked at Jane, completely unruffled by his aggression, his voice was completely calm, "twisting off my neck will not hide your feelings of guilt. You made a mistake. It wasn't just me but you as well that almost caused Xiao Yan to lose his head."

XIao Yan stepped forward and took a hold of Jane's wrist. Now was not the time to argue.

"General Major. According to you all the researchers are in danger, but none of them seem to be aware of this."

"The military never disclosed this information for fear of losing staff and important research findings." Major Gordon knocked hard at Jane's wrist. Jane eyed Gordon with a steely look.

.
This man possibly deserved to be murdered by Jane.

"Jane, let go of General Gordon," Xiao sighed, even if Jane killed Gordon it wouldn't change the fact that he had become an enemy target. " He again reached to the back of his neck, thinking of a blade scraping painfully across those muscles.

Jane gave a dark glance over at Xiao and released Gordon.

Gordon exhaled heavily and neatly straightened his collar. He seemed unworried about Jane killing him, as though he were not a threat at all. He just lowered his gaze and observed Xiao's strained expression.

"I am afraid, General Gordon." Xiao was suddenly struck with anxiety. He didn't know what he should do or where he should go.

For now, the Surge can't get to you. Colonel Heine Burton has cleared the threat within the Shire."

If the Surge can penetrate the Shire, are the ranks of government or military safe? If this is the case, there is nowhere that is safe. For the first time Xiao Yan felt that thinking fast was also a tragic thing.

Ordinary people don't have to worry about these things. He needs to guard against someone stealing his head. He suddenly felt eyes of malice glaring at him from all around the world

"Heine Burton." Jane frowned as he thought and then closed his eyes and sighed. "No wonder that guy was right there. He was preparing to ambush. Both Xiao Yan and I have been under his surveillance"."

"Of course."

Jane laughed at himself and rubbed his head. "Oh, when I was running around with Xiao Yan, it was all part of the Heine Burton's plan. I really miscalculated."

After listening to Jane, Xiao finally understood that Heine had been watching all along. He wondered if he had left the Shire at all. Everything was monitored, and Xiao Yan was the decoy. When Jane Wallace protected him from the assassins, Heine had watched it all silently and pieced the clues together to uproot the spy in the Shire.

So... when he was having dinner with Jane... Heine was somewhere watching it?

Fuck! The feeling of being seen in those type of interactions by Heine was unsettling. Though Xiao Yan had to admit that if Heine had not been looking he would have died.

"Ah don't say that. This task would have been yours or Burton's. Except...Jane you are not as silent and stealthy as Heine, you would have turned the whole Shire upside down."

"You reasoning is so calm it is repulsive." Jane sat on Gordon's desk, his expression darkly comical and arrogant.

"Xiao Yan, even though you have not had any blocker training you were able to sneak into the traffic's department's system. Quite Impressive." General Gordon pondered this and stroked at his chin.

"Right! I encountered a 'blocker' at that time! If it wasn't for Colonel Burton entering the system, I might have..."

"The blocker who infiltrated you has been arrested. It was a senior member of the transportation department. Heine Burton was able to lock onto his identity based on the path he left."

Jane bowed his head and smiled at his shoulders, clapping his hands gently. "Congratulations to Major General for this victory."

"My victory is due to your efforts." Major Gordon praised Jane ignoring his sarcasm. "It is very boring in the Shire, so I have assigned you a mission Colonel Wallace. We are looking into some intelligence that we acquired from the spies. You will enter a Surge Base, you have three hours until you depart with your team. I wish you the best on your mission Colonel."

Jane reveals an incredulous expression "Are you kidding? What about Xiao Yan?"

"No one will take his brain. Please rest assured." Major Gordon got up, came to Xiao Yan side, clapped a hand on his shoulder, and looked at him closely.

"You are punishing me and using this task to rid yourself of me." Jane spoke in a joking tone, but it was easy to tell that he wasn't entirely joking.

" You are indeed difficult to control, but I have not yet lost my faith in my ability to control."

Jane walked back to Gordon and leaned into his space slightly, his lips arcing menacingly.

"Sir. If I return to find that Xiao Yan is not alright, I will remove your brain myself and hand it to the Surge."

"I accept your threat." Major General Gordon waved his hand with a smile and seemed to think of something. "Oh, yes, this time, your troops will work with Colonel Burton's forces."

"Hah?" Jane showed a surprised expression. The temperature in his eyes dropped abruptly. He emitted a dangerous aura to indicate to Gordon that he had pushed too far.

"Hello, are you kidding me?  You want me to cooperate with that guy?"

"This is about the mission, not your ego or convenience. I need you to think of your team. When your troops leave the Shire, how many will return?" Gordon's face was authoritative and dignified

Jane Wallace narrowed his eyes and grinned. "So it appears this mission will not be boring at all."

"We will send Major Barry as your accompanying technical staff."

The major-ranking technologist one of the heads of the research department at Shire. The task has mobilized supervisor-level technicians, due to its risk factor and difficulty.

The door suddenly opened and the temperature of the office plummeted as a man steadily stepped into the room.

His golden hair swayed around him attractively. The black combat uniform hugged the clean lines on his lean and powerful figure. He was all determination and enigma. His eyes didn't waver in the slightest, and Xiao couldn't help but feel but look at him. Xiao Yan' s blood was still on his body, dulling the shine of his combat uniform. This sight was inexplicably painful for Xiao.

"Ha, Burton... Come. Come in. Is this the first time you have collaborated with Colonel Wallace?"

Jane lazily glanced over at Heine, as his arm was about to grab his shoulder Heine moved in a blur and suddenly all Xiao sees is Jane being pressed against Gordon's desk, his face smashed against the wood. His arm was twisted and folded behind his back. Clearly broken. Ruthless, clean, and with the strike force of a snake. This was Heine Burton.

Major General Gordon shrugged his shoulders and looked at everything in sight. It took him a long time to recover.

"That...it's not that good at the beginning, huh, huh..."

Jane's other arm braced himself on the table. He pushed off and escaped Heine's pressing elbow. Slowly he moved his broken arm and, as the bones healed, he groaned in fury. Throughout, the smile on his face had not waned in the slightest.

Heine cut an imposing figure that Xiao Yan had no choice but to face.

"Colonel Burton is a transparent old man. He clearly doesn't want anyone around you," Jane nudged Xiao's chin as he spoke. "If Colonel Burton really wants to get into it with me, I'm more than happy to oblige."

"I'm afraid that if you too really fought my headquarters would be destroyed . You both underestimate your own capacity for destruction." Major Gordon shot them a distressed look, but Xiao Yan felt that maybe it was for the best if they got it out in the open.

.

Jane gave a malicious chuckle and then leaned in close to Heine, he spoke in a voice that travelled only as far as Heine's ear. "Don't think I don't know what you did."

Heine just turned to face Jane, his expression frigid.

"You have been invading the terminals he is on and infiltrating his subconscious as he sleeps. You think that as long as you are in his mind it won't matter what you do to him. But have ever thought of the impact that will have on his subconscious. It will affect his cognition and he will think he is in love with you. But it is all an illusion." Jane mouth twists, and his smile is thin and malicious.

"He can also express how he truly thinks without hesitation. The thing is Colonel Wallace, you can't protect him." Heine lowered his head, his eyes hooking onto Jane's glare and the tension was solid. The power radiating from Heine's stare could shatter the world.

"I admit my failure, to you, Colonel Burton. But what about you? The wound on his neck had healed you but you were reluctant to push him away. In fact, you were hoping that he would become addicted to you, right?"
Xiao Yan frowned and perked his ear a bit, trying to listen in on their conversation.

"You invade his dreams have him stupidly cry your name, all so he won't resist the x virus when you bring it to him. You are far more terrible than me, Heine Burton." The chill in Jan's smile is glacial.

The room fills with their frosty tension, the colliding ice is about break the air apart.

Xiao Yan couldn't take it any longer. He walked up to the two men and the conversation abruptly halted.

"Sir." Jane looks intently at Xiao before he shifts his gaze to Gordon. He rubbed at his temples and shook his head. "Sir, I don't think Barry's the guy. His is too weak. Last time, he was almost taken over by a blocker aiming for his mental data. He can't handle a zombie, he is just a stupid kid. Sir send a more experience tech. I don't care what he does as long as he doesn't scream and cry at critical times in the mission."

Jane's expression is extremely sarcastic.

General Gordon propped his chin on his hand and looked at both Jane and Heine, finally his gaze rested on Xiao Yan. He slowly said, "Then I will have Xiao Yan replace Major Barry."

"That is a great idea. I will look after him personally. Our team can enjoy the advantage of his brain interface rate and technical services. " Jane smiled was so wide it looked awkward.

.

Heine's eyes were on General Gordon and they were aflame with warning and fury.

What! What! Two elite teams dispatched to a high risk mission and they want a rookie as their tech consult? Is Gordon Crazy?"
He would be away from the Shire for several days, He still has so much research to complete.

Then he thinks of how thrilling it was the first time...maybe he shouldn't leave the Shire.

"Xiao's not as qualified as Major Barry. He is only a student." Heine's eyes met General Gordon's and he enunciates every word with a heavy tone.

For the first time, Xiao suddenly doesn't look at Heine like a god. This guy thinks that he is useless and is fed up with a rookie dragging him down. Xiao Yano recalled each time he was hefted on the shoulders of the special forces, he couldn't swallow down all the shame piling up."

"Student?"Didn't he performed two missions with you. That time you were ambushed by Surge assassins wasn't it Xiao Yan that sent the distress signal from the platform that saved Major Maya?"

Jane's eyes shifted to Xiao a fun loving grin on his face.

"Sending the SOS signal is a basic skill, all technical soldiers know how to employ." Heine's answer is firm, his stance is still not shaken.

"But Colonel Wallace wants a tech with actual experience, there are practically no tech soldiers with field experience and that level of interface speed. No one can match it."

"Then he should stay in Shire for protection."

"Don't say such a thing, Xiao Yan is not the type of person who can stay cooped up in the Shire." Jane rubbed the tops of Xiao head with a seductive gaze. "That's right. Come with me outside. The world is very interesting."

Xiao Yan raised his hand and batted off Jane's affections.

"Sir, please consider it carefully." From beginning to end, Heine did not meet Xiao's eyes .

Heine's rejection of Gordon's proposal, for Xiao to join the teams, has caused a sudden bitterness to well up in his heart. Obviously Heine doesn't think he is worthy of trust. He thinks him weak and incompetent, that he would fall dead at any ordinary zombie. In the face of it all, Xiao felt his masculinity threatened. All of his self-esteem ripped into tatters at Heine's words. Before this Xiao Yan didn't really have any issues with self esteem, he had never really thought about it.

"I think the answer is clear. You are the most elite forces in the Shire. If Xiao cannot hold onto his life by your side, then who is to say that, if he stays in the Shire, a repeat of what happened at the institute won't occur and finally claim it." Gordon got up with his cup of tea and stood before Heine, his smile unreadable.

"Heine, only when one faces death again and again, can he really grow."

Heine did not reply to Gordon, instead he walked up to Xiao and, carefully enunciating each word, said: "Bring everything you need to stay alive."

"Yes, Colonel." Xiao Yan swallowed hard.

Major General Gordon nodded to Xiao Yan. "You and Colonel Wallace are free to go."

After they finished Jane put an arm around Xiao's neck and led him out of Gordon's office.

Inside the large office only Gordon and Heine remain.

"This time, you lost control. You did not follow orders to hunt down the insurgencies inside the Ministry of Communication and the Central Academy of Sciences. Instead you abandoned your team and acted alone.." Major General Gordon rested his chin on his palm and looked up at Heine.

"This is the first time you have done something like this, I want to know why."

He was waiting for Heine to explain himself, instead he was surprised that Heine angrily came at him. HIs hands fell naturally at his side, but his cold eyes stung through Gordon's and sliced into his thoughts.

An icy wrath consumed all the air in the room.

"You! The risk of this task is beyond your understanding. Have you ever considered the fact that if Xiao Yan dies because of the Surge, for you it is merely a mistaken decision. For me, it is a disaster."

"What? Gordon's eyes widened in complete shock. Heine words were plainly spoken and yet the meaning escaped him.

"Don't take risks with his life." As Heine turned to leave, the warning boiling in his eyes was enough to make Gordon's shoulders tremble.

When the sliding door closed, Major Gordon finally exhaled.

At this time, Jane had sent Xiao Yan to the front of the research room.

"Ah, that guy is so annoying. right?" Jane gave laugh a smiled. "It's not like God will change just because you destroy the earth."

"Uh...Yeah..." Xiao Yan gave a bit of a forced smile as he tried to sort out his feelings.

"My troops need to be assembled. See you later."

When Jane turned away, Xiao chased after him.

"Hey! Colonel Wallace!""

Jane's hands were in his pockets and he tipped his head back with a sly smile. "If you call my rank again, I will twist your neck off."

"I know it hurts when the bone breaks."

Jane raises his brow, Xiao Yan is referring to his arm when they jumped from the car.

"Oh, even if it hurts, I won't die." Jane replied indifferently. He moved close to Xiao Yan and winked.

"The outside world is very interesting and very dangerous. So remember to hide in my arms."

Xiao Yan just laughed and said no nothing more. He knew that people like Jane were long used to pain.

"And, you don't need to say thank you to me. I know how terrible the death is." Jane's smile was broad and light. His fingers gently brushed Xiao's forehead.

"Next time, no matter what happens. I will not let you leave my sight."

"You make me sound so incompetent." Xiao Yan bowed and smiled. "I should have given myself the x- ​​virus."

"What are you talking about? That's the last thing you need." Jane's hand pressed against Xiao Yan's head and his voice was extremely low. This is his most serious statement. "Your time matters, the longer it is, the more significant it will be."

Jane's presence disappeared, but Xiao Yan found his heart was heavier.

In fact, Xiao Yan did not know what to bring. The quartermaster has sent him a dedicated portable interrupt connector for the technicians. Through this terminal, Xiao Yan can immediately analyze the on-site sampling and keep in touch with the nearest base. This set of interrupt connectors is one of the most expensive and highest-tech equipment in the entire Shire.

He closed his eyes and recalled the situation on previous missions with Heine. He then opened the researcher's storage and took out some samples.

"Are you ready?" A cool voice sounded behind him.

Xiao Yan jumped in surprise. When he turned, he saw Heine had been standing behind him.

"...I...should be ready now." Xiao Yan said this without a hint of confidence.

Heine came to Xiao Yan's side, stretched his arm around Xiao Yan's shoulder and took out several glass sealed vials from the storage. "What is this?"

"This is one of my research projects. They are unfinished products..."

"Bring them." Heine voice was very light. Then he took a gun from his waist. "And this, too."
Xiao Yan took it, feeling the warmth from Heine still lingering on the handle. Xiao Yan had used such a gun to save Maya. This time, Heine personally placed his gun in Xiao Yan's hands.

"Do you know what your task is?" Heine's eyes are bottomless, Xiao Yan doesn't understand what he means.

"Stay in touch with the base, and... provide technical support for you?"

"No."

what is it?

"Protect yourself." Heine's hand reach over then hesitates, Xiao Yan has space to retreat but doesn't.

Heine fingers stroke his brow. At that moment, Heine's eyes were soft enough to make Xiao Yan feel that is it all an illusion.

Heine's face leans in and the light and shadow cast different lines as his expression shifts. Xiao Yan's heart leaps and twists. Heine's palm is at his neck, covering the area where he was injured.

"Do you know...one more second and I could not have saved you."

Xiao Yan frowned, He had been on the verge of death again and again. Even he knew that Heine could not always arrive exactly on time.

Heine put force behind his palms and Xiao's forehead fell into Heine's arms. Xiao was surprised as the gesture, Heine's palm shifted to hold the back of his head. He didn't hold him with crushing force, but his embrace was firm and safe.

Xiao Yan listens as Heine exhales, long and heavy breaths are dredged from a depth that Xiao cannot imagine.

With such peace of mind, Xiao Yan closed his eyes and just wants time to stopforever.

At this point, the sliding door opened again and Mark's voice came.

"Boss, we have to go."

"Oh, yes!" Xiao Yan clumsily broke away from Heine's embrace, and Heinefelt a moment of loss.

When Xiao Yan took a breath, Heine's softness dissolved and he coldly walkedout of the research room, as if everything before was an illusion.

Xiao Yan smiled in his heart. It does not matter. There are so many illusionsabout Heine that they have merged with his reality.

There are two complete special task forces in the study's outdoor tunnel, whichmakes Xiao Yan's heart jerk. Mark and Liv leaned against the wall and waved atXiao Yan. Sharon who was once responsible for rescuing Xiao Yan, gave him awink.

"Long time no see, rookie."

When Sharon's voice dropped, Mark's resentment was drawn.

"Hey! You must be mistaken! Now Xiao Yan is no longer a rookie! You don'tknow how powerful he is!"

"Oh, oh!"Sharon nodded helplessly.

Xiao Yan touched his nose. Mark's phrase "How powerful he is?" No matter how hehears it, it sounds like he is Mark's personal rookie. Others have no right tocomment on it. This is confirmed as when he closes the door of the craft, Mark continuesto refer to Xiao as 'rookie'.

Heine walked through his own forces to the front and said softly: "Let'sgo," everyone swiftly followed behind him.

Jane smiled and whispered to Xiao Yan, "Oh, I was robbed by this guyagain."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 32.4K 21
"I don't understand... what do you mean 'you guys share?" "You're all of ours baby girl. We all want to love you, cherish you, kiss you, and fuck yo...
500K 7.2K 75
Male reader inserts Please do not ask for real people fiction, I do not feel comfortable doing so. This includes kpop. also for my own sake, any wome...
265K 23K 48
Xiao Zhan, who looks like an ordinary guy with his handsome face and well defined body, has extraordinary skills, which no living human on this earth...
14K 326 25
A boy wearing a mask that everyone calls cold and ruthless is actually a very tender hearted one. When he meets this certain person his life changes...