Love Is Symphony |✓

Oleh clumatic

| A Wattpad Featured Story | Wattys 2018 Shortlist | He was a frustrated, fresh-out of college singer-songwri... Lebih Banyak

f o r e w o r d
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 17 |
| 18 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| 24 |
| 25 |
| 26 |
| 27 |
| 28 |
| 29 |
| 30 |
| 31|
| 32 |
| 33 |
| 34 |
| 35 |
| 36 |
| 38 |
| 39 |
| 40 |
| 41 |
| 42 |
| 43 |
| 44 |
| 45 |
| 46 |
| 47 |
e p i l o g u e | pt 1
e p i l o g u e | pt 2
e p i l o g u e | pt 3
Q and A / notes
Wattys 2018 Shortlist

| 37 |

2.8K 197 93
Oleh clumatic

Both Imogen and Kristoff sat upright on their seats when they saw me re-entering the cafe with my shoulders slumped and eyes drawn to the floor.

Imogen's face instantly fell and her lips pursed. "Are you alright?"

No. I was anything but alright. Cherry's call single handedly managed to make my heart beat erratically in my chest and my stomach to churn. Hearing her awfully cheery voice from the other end of the line felt like a slap to my face—a cold slap of reality that I would never be able to have the relationship that I wanted; that I was delusional. Her call clearly stated that no matter how hard I tried, you were out of bounds, Sean. A life with you could never be normal.

"Cherry called," I said instead, taking the seat between them.

"Who's Cherry?" Kristoff asked. He had his chin propped up on his palm and for a moment I felt jealous that he looked so calm while I was anything but. Then again, he wasn't with you. He was with a gorgeous and not-complicated Vanessa Koll.

"She's Sean's personal assistant. Sometimes secretary. An all-around go-to-person if you will."

Kristoff exchanged a brief, knowing look with Imogen which she responded to with wide and warning green eyes, shutting down whatever he wanted to say. I wish I could pretend as if I saw nothing, but in that one brief glance where their eyes met, I realized one thing: it was happening all over again. Another storm was coming up and my friends could easily see what a catastrophe it'd be, yet here I was, trying my best to be okay again.

Imogen cleared her throat and pulled her chair closer to mine. Our elbows touched and the small contact provided me with a bit comfort that I didn't know I needed. "What did she want?"

I sighed. "There's a meeting later this evening at this fancy restaurant —Drago Centro, she said. It's Miranda's birthday this weekend and they're planning on publicizing the relationship on her party. They wanted me to be at the meeting. Everyone will be there including Miranda."

Imogen's eyes turned wide. "Miranda as in Miranda the fake girlfriend slash model?"

How I wish she wasn't. "Yes," I gritted out and she cringed.

Kristoff let out a sound that clearly said oh yeah, I remember her. "Oh! The hot chick with long legs?" One scathing look from Imogen had him shrinking in his seat. He raised his hands in surrender. "Whoa. Okay, okay. Calm down. Jeez. I was just describing the girl."

Imogen turned to look at me, ignoring a sulking Kristoff. She bit the inside of her cheek and traced her bottom lip with a finger, deep in thought. "So if this meeting is about the publicity stunt they're cooking up, then why do they want you there?"

I pursed my lips, suddenly reluctant. It was no less than fifteen minutes ago when I boasted about how much I loved you Sean, and how you loved me back. If I'd tell Imogen the truth, everything that I stood for would crumble down. I didn't know if I was prepared for that. "I don't know."

She gave me a flat look, instantly all the pretense faded away, washing away from my face. I threw my hands in the air. "Fine!" I said, "I have to pretend as one of his assistants and I have to attend as one at the party."

"What?!" This time it was Kristoff who looked stupefied. His mouth hung open as he stared at me in disbelief. "Is this a fucking Netflix movie? I mean... are you effing serious?"

Imogen tilted her head toward our friend as if to say whatever he said,

"I wish I wasn't," I told them, eyes fleeting between them both, "but that's the truth."

"Ha ha. Very funny really." He let out a snort, but sobers up when he saw that none of us was laughing along with him. "No shit," he exclaimed. "You're fucking kidding, right? This isn't a joke? You're really gonna pretend to be your dumbass boyfriend's assistant?"

One meek nod from me was enough for Kristoff to curse under his breath. "He's really something, huh?"

Imogen nodded, agreeing with him. "Tell me about it."

"Guys," I said, stretching the word. "It's the only way I could continuously come to his events and appointments without having the public suspicious in the future."

"Can't you see how fucked up is this, Ser?" Imogen ran her fingers through hair. "You don't deserve this kind of treatment. Only an a-hole would do this to someone he claims to love!"

I frowned at her. "He loves me."

Imogen stared at me, unblinking. She opened her mouth, but ended up sighing instead. "Oh god, you are hopeless. You're really coming to that meeting, aren't you?"

Kristoff leaned forward, his hands clasped together. "Please, God, don't make her say yes."

"I'm going," I told Imogen and he let out a groan.

"Are you out of your mind?!"

Imogen ran a hand on her face, her mascara smudging in the process. "Oh, well. If you're gonna jump off this cliff then we better make sure you're safe before you die an unimaginable death."

Kristoff glanced at her, dropping his hands from his face. "What? What are we doing?"

"We're dropping her off later, you doofus."

He vigorously shook his head, blond hair hitting his face. "That's a crime! You can't bring your friends to their own death."

I let out a sigh. "Guys, will you stop this?"

Imogen ignored me. She turned to face Kristoff, her hands perched on her tiny waist. "Suck it up, loser. We're gonna bring this girl to an awakening."

-

"Is this the place?" Imogen was sat unbelievably close to the steering wheel, her chest pressed against the horn and her eyes sweeping the outside of her windshield with severe concentration. 

"Yeah," Kristoff said from the backseat. He whipped out his phone from his jacket's pocket. His smartphone casted a soft glow to his face as he scrolled for a few times, muttering hmm under his breath until he let out a victorious ah. "Flower street. Italian restaurant. Best in L.A.; can send you bankrupt if we mundane people dared to eat, yadda, yadda. Yep. It's the one."

Imogen turned to look at me, her eyes prudent. "You ready for this, honey?"

With cold hands, I let my eyes take in the exterior of the restaurant. It looked extravagant with huge glass windows encased in dark-toned metal frames, warm yellow lights and sharp corners that depicted Drago Centro in an unassuming yet unattainable manner. It was as if it wasn't aware that it was breathtaking beyond comprehension. Funnily enough, the place suited you perfectly, my love. You looked so warm—inviting, yet in reality you were so far out my reach even if I extended my fingers as far as I could.

I nodded, readying myself for one of the least conversations that I wanted to have. "Okay. I'm ready."

Right when I was about to push open the door and let myself out, Imogen's soft hand stopped me. She had her hand wrapped around my wrist in a gentle hold that managed to make the erratic beats of my heart slowly dwindle to a steady rhythm.

"Whatever happens Kristoff and I will be waiting for you, okay? Just send me a text. I don't care if it's just a scared emoji and we'll be Vin Diesel-ing towards here to get you."

Kristoff slid himself toward my seat, poking his head in the space between Imogen and I's seat. "What she said. One emoji and we'll be there."

I let out a laugh, but the small tear that slid down my face proved to show how I couldn't deny the warmth that their words brought. "You guys are so damn corny." I let my teasing smile curve into a softer one, a smile that both their faces had. "Corny or not, I love you both. Remember that."

Kristoff's nose wrinkled in disgust. He stuck his finger into his mouth and made gagging noises that made Imogen glare at him and me to laugh. "Ew. Now that's cheesy."

"Just shut the hell up." Imogen fixed her green eyes that appeared to be black under the dimmed lights on me. "You better toughen up, sweetie. You sure you're ready for this battle?"

Letting out a breath, I nodded. I looked back at the restaurant with determined eyes. "As ready as I'll ever be."

"Then let's do this!"

As I pushed open the passenger door and let my foot touch the asphalt, there was one thing that kept going on inside my head. How I wished life played out the way I wanted it to, prayed that every single moment was molded the way I tried to shape it, because it wasn't easy, love. It wasn't easy to swallow down the fact that no matter how much I tried to plan even smallest aspect of our lives—even if I had the best courage within me—if life wanted to break me, it would. Because I was nothing but a spawn in this game and I let myself get played.

Along with this ambitious wishes, there was a humble yearning I had in my heart: my love, Sean, I hoped that in this chaotic and tiring game, I realize soon enough when it was time to give up.

-

GUYS PLEASE READ THIS:

guys! I rarely do bold notes but I gotta.

the lovely and oh-so adorable evaobrien1982 have nominated this story: Love Is Stupid under the category of Best Short Story at The Fiction Awards 2018!

Now I know this is a looooooooooooong shot. A lot of the nominated stories have bigger numbers and more impressive content, but if evaobrien1982 believes that this story is worth the nomination, then I feel that I should give it a shot and ask you guys for your help to at least have more than one nomination for this story.

If you guys think this story deserves the award, this is what you gotta do:

1. Go to the The Fiction Awards 2018 profile or post ( https://www.wattpad.com/567243462-the-fiction-awards-2018-nominations-open ) also in external link.

2. Comment: Love Is Symphony @clumatic as inline comment under the category BEST SHORT STORY

**Remember, it wouldn't be counted unless it's an inline comment**

and that's it. Thank you so much in advance for those who'll vote. Even if we don't win, the fact the we've been nominated is enough for me <3

Another one! 

GUYS WE'VE REACHED #32 ON SHORT STORY yesterday!  The highest rank any of my works have every got. When I first saw it I actually thought it was a malfunction but it's been there for two nights now, sooo...

I can't thank you all enough really and you must be all tired of hearing me repeatedly say this, but I love you guys.

Cass

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

526 70 9
Alyssa is book smart and clueless when it comes to things in the outside world. All she cares about are her grades and why should she bother about an...
17 0 8
After I got dumped by the one guy I truly loved, my life crumbled. I was branded as a whore and I just crumbled as a whole. I messed up bad and I spe...
7.6M 173K 73
Rosé My past haunts me. It has tainted me. But I haven't let it ruin my happiness. I only want love but I'm afraid of not being enough. And crushing...
14.6M 370K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...