A Vampire's Marine (boyxboy)

By DoUbLeZone

When a master class vampire decides he wants a certain marine by his side then nothing; not even that marine'... More

Author's Notes
Prologue: Departure.
Chapter 1: Battlefield
Chapter 2: Vamp moods
Chapter 3:Denial, Guilt, Shame...love.
Chapter 4: Kaio's Patient
Chapter 5: Before the present
Chapter 6: The flesh is weak.
Sneak Peek for Chapter 7
Chapter 7: Before the court.
Chapter 8: Decisions
Chapter 9: The spirit of the coven.
Chapter 10: Use of Force.
Chapter 11: His sick bed.
Chapter 12: Plans and Schemes
Chapter 13: Sleep deprived
Chapter 14: We need to talk.
Chapter 15: Recollections of the past.
Chapter 17: While you were away.
Chapter 18: The hunted.
Bonus chapter: Giving in.
Chapter 19: The shapes in the clouds.
Chapter 20: The Ant and his escort.
Chapter 21: Night Life.
Bonus Chapter: All good things must come to an end.
Chapter 22: Consequences.
Chapter 23: Plans and Schemes.
Chapter 24: Dear Rien.
Chapter 25: My brother; the snake.
Chapter 26: Low spirits all 'round.
Chapter 27: Breakfast routine
Chapter 28: Discovery bay.
Chapter 29 : In-flight
Chapter 29 continued...
Chapter 30: Human of the wolf pack.
Chapter 31: As he lay dying.
Chapter 32: My promise to the world.
Chapter 33: My brothers; his saviors.
Chapter 34: In transition
Chapter 35: My Keeper. My Savior. My King.
Chapter 36: Soon it will pass...
Chapter 37: Let us howl at the moon...
Chapter 38: Schemes and Plans
Chapter 39: Betrayal
Chapter 40: Some Are Born Great.
Chapter 41: What lies within
Mini bonus Chapter
Chapter 42: A little bit of your attention
Sneak Peek for chapter 43
Chapter 43: The blue room and the brothers.
Chapter 44: The Universe Has Won.
Chapter 45: Zahir
Chapter 46: The calm before the storm
Chapter 47: Immortality
Chapter 48: In the throes of war
Chapter 49: Target Practice
Chapter 50: Heir to the Throne
Chapter 51: Clandestine Lover
Chapter 52: First Son.
Chapter 53: Kandane
Chapter 54: The S.S. Christoah
Chapter 55: Primary Objective
Chapter 56: Damascus and Demetrius
Chapter 57: Our Future Together
Chapter 58: Sweet Mary
Chapter 59: Brother Dearest

Chapter 16: Snow White and My Prince.

59.9K 2.4K 827
By DoUbLeZone

Chapter 16

When I was spent, having nothing left in me to let out, I pulled away from him and he let me. I didn’t feel lighter, didn’t feel as if a load had been lifted, I just felt tired and worn; like if I had to deal with much more tonight I’d crumble. The large bed in the center of the room wasn’t particularly inviting, but hiding away under the piles of blankets and soft pillows for a few hours sounded like a good idea.

I couldn’t look at Rien after all the embarrassing shit I’d just pulled, but I sensed it when he followed me across the room and when I entered the bathroom I glanced up briefly to see him leaning against the door frame, watching, waiting; for what? I didn’t know.

I turned on the faucet and guided the ice cold water to my face, even going as far as to dunk my head under the pipe so that it sloshed into my hair and cooled my heated skin. When I was done, I didn’t bother with the towel hanging on the rack only an arm’s length away, instead I pushed past Rien and entered the room, dripping everywhere.

I pulled off my shirt, dropped it into a nearby chair and climbed into bed, burrowing myself under the covers, shutting out everything around me.

I could still feel him though, somewhere in the room; watching over me like he used to do long ago, only this time I didn’t like it. It didn’t bring me comfort, nor did it ease my fears.

“I should have realized how much my leaving would have affected you.” His voice interrupted the silence and I closed my eyes, listening to him as he said his piece.

“I wish I could tell you that I really would have done things differently had I the chance to change it, but I refuse to lie to you.” He continued and I wished the damned ache I still felt in my chest would go away.

“I chose to return only when I believed you were ready, when you would know your own worth and stop trying to destroy yourself, and when you would no longer feel the need to rely on me as much as you did.”

“You needed the Army Tony.” He said then and I pulled the covers away to look at him. He stood by the window, looking out into the darkness with his hands clasped behind him.

“I needed you.” I corrected and he shook his head and turned to look at me; a small smile playing on his lips.

“I stand here and I see the man you have become. I see your strength and I see the change in you. Everything you are today is a result of your own drive. You may have missed me, but you never needed me. What you have accomplished proves that, and I am proud of your achievements.”

I couldn’t deny the sincerity of his words. I saw it in his expression and I heard it in his voice. He always had more faith in me than I had in myself...back then it was a pain in my ass, now I didn’t know how to feel about it so I rolled away from him, staring up into the ceiling in silence.

I’d be lying to myself if I said I didn’t get why he left. By bringing up the past he made me remember things I hadn’t really given much thought to in years; like the way I used to be; angry all the time, always searching for trouble, trying to prove I was bigger than all the other assholes in my town.

Maybe Rien was right, maybe I needed a wakeup call, maybe it was the best way to set me on the right path, but it didn’t change the fact that it hurt like hell and that feeling could never be undone.

“You’re right.” I said after a moment. “I was a fuck up, I needed to change. I might not agree with the way it happened but it did, and I need to suck it up and move on.” I told him seriously.

There was a long breath of silence that passed between us, which I used to count the tiles in the ceiling, unwilling to think about what had just transpired.

He cleared his throat and I glanced his way. “And I suppose I need to respect that decision. Maybe I too need to accept my own fate and capitulate to my father’s wish for me to take a mate more suiting to my position in this coven.” He said softly.

I felt the unwelcome pang in my chest at his words but I didn’t look away. I only nodded. Whatever happened after this would just happen and we’d both need to accept it.

His gaze stayed locked on mine for a few moments before he took a step towards me.

“There is only one problem with such a plan.” He said softly.

“Yeah and what’s that?”

“I do not wish to take on another mate.” He said simply, then he took another step, eyes blazing with determination. “One word Tony. Yes or no. You tell me if there is even the slightest of possibilities that you would be willing to have a life with me and I swear to you I will fight for us.”

My mouth went dry and my heart pounded in my chest at his fiercely spoken words. A chance to have a life with him...after everything we’d put each other through. How could it be so easy? Why should it be so easy?

I shook my head and in a flash he was beside me, my hand trapped in his. I sat up and glanced down at our intertwined hands, then back into his eyes.

“It will be good between us.”

I shook my head again. “And what about the next time things don’t go as planned and you want to teach me a lesson? You gonna send me off somewhere again so I can learn? You gonna run off and leave me for another five fucking years so I can come back the way you need me to be? Because I’m not going through that again Rien. I’m done missing you and feeling like shit every time I think about you. I can’t do it again.”

“No. We will face whatever challenges come our way together, I swear to you.”

I shook my head. “So you say now. You’re the one who said if you had to do it again you would, or have you forgotten already?” I mocked.

“No I-”

“If you make me choose now, my answer will be no.” I interrupted and he looked down at our hands, slowly trailing the lines in my palm.

“Take all the time you need.” He said softly, without looking at me and for the first time since I’d known him, I felt his vulnerability.

A wave of tenderness stole over me and I pulled my hand from his before sliding down under the covers, my head cushioned by a feather pillow. He said nothing, just continued to stare and I glanced away from his face and at the ceiling above.

“Where’ve you been these past few years anyway?” I questioned to break the silence.

He adjusted himself on the bed so that his back was pressed against the headboard and his knees drawn up so that he had a place to rest his elbows.

“Nothing exciting. I have been drifting mainly, making new acquaintances, settling old vendettas, hunting…anything that would pass the time.”

“Why didn’t you just come back here?” I continued. You’d think a hot shot vampire royalty like him would want to come home and be waited on hand and foot.

“I suppose I quite liked being away from home. Sometimes this life can get a bit…tedious.” He explained, “Out there, the world is far more exciting and I find that the relationships I have entered into feel more pure on the outside, untarnished by political endeavors and social responsibility. I do love my coven but it can be suffocating, whilst the world is truly like a breath of fresh air.”

“Relationships?” 

He smiled. “Friendships I suppose you would prefer to name them.”

“Must have been nice.” I replied sarcastically and this time he frowned.

“It could have been better.”

I rolled my eyes. Then because there was no point in trying to avoid it I asked; “When’s the next stage in your mating ceremony?”

He hesitated. “Tomorrow evening. Unfortunately I will need to be in attendance. Do you wish to join me?”

“No.”

The silence after my reply punctuated the night and I had the patterns in the ceiling tiles memorized by the time he spoke again.

“Very well.”

“I’m not trying to be an asshole, I’m just not interested in sitting around watching a bunch a bloodsuckers kill each other.” I explained then suppressed a yawn.

“Tell me something.” I began and he glanced at me. “Why is Malik here?”

“He is Kaio’s mate.” He said simply.

“And you trust him...just like that?”

His eyes narrowed. “Is there a reason I should not?”

“You guys find this random stranger on the side of the road and just because he turns out to be Kaio’s mate you suddenly trust him? It just doesn’t make sense to me.”

Rien’s brows furrowed. “We did not find him on the side of a road, he was-”

I groaned in frustration, interrupting him, “Yeah I know, I’m just saying…You don’t really know him so why would you trust him? Last time I checked, trust has to be earned so what changed?”

“Why do you believe he has not earned our trust?” he continued and I frowned.

“What aren’t you telling me?”

“Malik is not a threat to us, I assure you. In fact it would be best if you end this…rivalry you seem to think exists between you two.”

“He said he’s not really in the Army, that he was here for me? What does that mean?”

“Hmm…what else did he tell you?” Rien seemed intrigued.

“He told me to research his name and tell him what I find.”

“And what did you find when you did so?”

“Nothing, your primitive people don’t have computers here remember?” my frustration was growing.

“On the contrary, we do have a room for such matters down by the main hall. If you ask Kaio I am certain he would not mind accompanying you.”

“You have a computer room? Here?” I asked skeptically and he nodded.

“So he told you about himself and why he’s here.” I assumed.

“No, but it was not particularly difficult to surmise.”

“And?”

“And what?”

“What did you find out?”

“I believe it is his own right to make his business known to you. I’ve chosen not to interfere.”

“Goddammit Rien, it’s a simple question.”

“I agree, which is precisely the reason you should ask Malik.”

“You know he won’t tell me.”

“Then neither should I, it is not my place to utter another’s personal business.”

“You don’t owe him that kind of loyalty…You don’t owe him anything.”

“On the contrary Tony. I owe him everything.” he said seriously and I watched in surprise as he pushed up from the bed and straightened his clothes.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, but instead of answering he leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

“Sleep now. I must go join in conference with my father.”

“What’s so important about this guy?” I asked when he was already half way across the room and he turned to me briefly.

“Do what he asked, complete your research and I promise you, you will have your answer.”

A moment later he was gone and I was left to my own muddled thoughts.

……………………………………………………

I slept for far longer than I’d intended and woke up when the afternoon sun was streaming through my windows. By the time I put myself together and left my room, the place was already bustling with activity. Drudges moved about doing all the shit drudges were expected to do and with every one that I passed I got the same question.

Is there anything I can do for you sir?”

It wasn’t something I could get used to and I wasn’t sure I even wanted to. This world was unreal. I’d thought so when I’d just arrived and I would be thinking it when I left. It was magnificent but it was too different. I never liked different.

I continued down the corridor, sweeping my hand against the white walls as I went; lost in thought and it wasn’t until I’d stuck my head through practically every door of every room on the left wing that I realized I’d been unconsciously searching for Rien. With a silent curse I spun around and made my way back the way I’d come, searching out the room Malik now shared with Kaio.

“I’m afraid he is still asleep.”

I turned to Kaio who stood just behind me, hands clasped behind his back, his expression one of amusement. I shook my head and continued down the corridor despite his words.

“What makes you think I care?”

He now walked beside me, his steps mimicking my own. “Well it could be because of the slightly unhinged determination in your eyes, but of course I could be wrong.” He said cheekily and I gave him the finger.

He grinned.

“I just need to ask him a few questions then Malik can sleep his life away for all I care.” I continued.

“Would you like to go for a walk?” he asked as if I hadn’t just spoken.

“No.”

It didn’t deter him however, because as soon as I uttered the word, he slipped his arm through mine and was practically hauling me along the corridor and down the stairs beyond.

“Kaio, I don’t have time for your stupid games… stop.” I commanded, pulling my hand from his grasp.

He stopped when I did in the middle of the staircase and regarded me.

“He won’t tell you what you want to know until you do as he asks.” He said and my eyes narrowed.

“How do you know he asked me to do something?”

“He told me of course.” he said, looking too pleased with himself and I gritted my teeth.

“I have a bad feeling about him.” I tried to persuade the vamp but he only smiled.

“I assure you, there is no need.”

“Yeah so everyone keeps telling me.” I grumbled.

“A walk then? The grounds are quite extensive, I am certain you’ll find pleasure in the scenery.” He said and I glanced back up the stairs then into his strangely trustful eyes and moved past him.

“Just take me to the damn computer room.”

……………………………………………

I couldn’t help it when my mind drifted to the talk I’d been forced to have with Rien the night before. I thought about everything I could have said and everything I didn’t, and I reflected on the things he’d told me and the reasons behind his actions.

 I don’t know that it accomplished anything other than that I wasn’t as angry as I had been. I understood that I’d been a pain in the ass, and I knew the path I’d chosen to take back then wasn’t particularly ideal, but I still believed everything could have gone differently if only we’d both found a way.

I ran a hand across the back of my neck, feeling hot and bothered as we walked outside. Kaio hadn’t been kidding when he’d said the grounds were extensive; ten minutes later and we still hadn’t reached the main hall.

I glanced over at my companion then, wondering how he would take it if Malik turned out to be the snake I knew he was. I’d seen him angry and I figured that would probably be his reaction: anger, hurt, then maybe he’d drain the very blood from Malik’s body and I wouldn’t blame him.

I’d been through enough shit to understand just how it could hurt when someone let you down, and Kaio was too trusting for him to be immune. He reminded me of how I was back then. It’s what got me into this mess in the first place.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, then lifted my hand to shade my eyes and came to a stop when a vampire the size of Malik and me combined, blocked my path.

“So the human finally makes an appearance.”  He announced, loud enough for the other bloodsuckers walking by the take notice.

I tensed when Kaio stepped between us, realizing that this was no friendly greeting.

“To what do we owe the pleasure of your company?” the creature continued sarcastically before his gaze shifted menacingly to Kaio.

“Step aside drudge, I have addressed the human.” He continued and my eyes narrowed.

“This human is under the protection of our Lord Riener. I would suggest you stand down or I assure you my Lord will hear of this.” Kaio said, his voice dangerously low.

The vamp took a step closer, his expression one of rage. “Lord Riener is to be my mate. You dare speak to me in such a way?” he questioned and for a moment Kaio seemed to freeze, as if unsure how to progress.

“Fuck off asshole. You’re no closer to being Rien’s mate than even Kaio is, and after tonight you’ll probably be nothing more than a pile a limbs like all the other fools who lost the last time.” I added my two cents and a flurry of murmurs went up from the small group of onlookers.

“How dare you address me you useless piece of meat!” he erupted, but was held quickly by two other massive vamps when he moved to lunge at me.

“Sven, no need to waste your time on this little ant.” Another voice broke through the crowd. This guy was smaller than the first, but still large enough to intimidate a lesser man. He stood much like Rien usually did: with the perfect posture, arms behind his back and head held high.

His robes were the whitest white I’m sure I’d ever seen and his hair, if possible was just as white, only he was young; or at least he looked it. Young and strikingly handsome with eyes as blue as the ocean. He wore the most arrogant smile that only seemed to accentuate his beauty and he walked with a confidence I’d seen few men display.

When he stood before Kaio, to my surprise, the drudge stepped aside and went as far as to offer him a small bow.

“My Lord.” Kaio addressed before straightening, and I looked between the two before finally focusing my gaze on the newcomer.

“Lemme guess…another hot shot master class vamp.” I said, looking him up and down.

He smiled. “Not quite, but close enough in rank that one would be wise to treat me with respect.” He said. His voice was soft, his words properly enunciated and hinting at intelligence.

I snorted. “I’m sure.”

He said nothing though and his smile remained in place as he took his time to look at me; his eyes travelling slowly from my feet to my eyes and I was struck again by the rich color.

“So you are the human Riener so rudely presented before the court.” He said with that same arrogant smile in place, and for a second I imagined reaching over and smacking it right off his face.

“I suppose I can see the appeal. You are a small thing aren’t you? Lovely little face, fire in your eyes...yes I can certainly see the appeal.” He continued with a touch of amusement.

“Fuck off snow white.” I spat and this time his smile grew, seeming surprisingly genuine.

“And a filthy mouth. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised, raised as you were in the land of the barbarians.”

I laughed without mirth. “You assholes tear each other apart just so you can find a mate, literally suck the life out of people, and kill for fun and you call humans the barbarians?”

“It seems I have much to live up to if Riener is to be my mate, especially now that I know just what he prefers.” He said completely disregarding my words and I could only watch him in shock.

“You’re competing to be his mate?” I couldn’t hide my surprise. Somehow I couldn’t picture him in a ring killing with the other fools.

“Of course. Riener is, after all the ideal mate and one should always strive for the best.” He finished.

“Yeah well good luck with that fairy dust.” I insulted and stepped away from him, then glanced at Kaio who stood observing the exchange with obvious interest.

When he caught my eye, he moved to catch up with me and I turned away from the others completely.

“I do hope you enjoy your stay here little ant.” Snow white called out as I walked, but I refused to look back, instead, making my way along the pavement with Kaio by my side.

“Asshole.” I cursed when we were far enough away and beside me Kaio chuckled.

“He has been called many names, but asshole is certainly not one of them.” He said and I shook my head.

“Who is he anyway?”

“He is Lord Christophe, and despite what you may believe, he is good. Possibly one of the few kind Lords we have in the coven.” He assured me and it only succeeded in pissing me off.

It wasn’t hard to imagine though. Snow white riding off into the sunset with my prince, blue eyes and all.

Kaio seemed to like him so why shouldn’t Rien?

The entire thing soured my mood and I continued in the hot sun, eyes seeking out the damn main hall so I could get it over with.

“It is the building up ahead.” Kaio announced and I followed his gaze, eyes widening at what he so casually called the building.

It was… something out of a travel magazine. Huge windows, massive pillars set against the engraved walls and enormous double doors that I was sure no one could actually push closed.

“Jesus, what do you guys keep in here, a couple small countries?”

“No need to exaggerate Tony, come along.” Kaio said, moving past me as I stopped the stare at the structure.

When I’d gathered my jaw from the ground, I followed him, climbing the stone steps leading up to the doors. Inside was equally surprising. I’d expected rows upon rows of computers, like the average internet café but the set up was more like a lounge area. There were expensive looking love seats and cushions surrounding each computer. Each section was unique in its design and each equally as inviting as the other.

It was a nerdy girl’s wet dream and my means to an end. I spotted only a few vamps lounging around, mostly younger looking bloodsuckers; like teenagers; the pasty white kind that killed for fun.

Kaio led me to the closest available section and I dropped into the seat. It was softer than I’d expected and I imagined it would be comfortable enough to sleep in. Kaio chose to stand behind me, reading over my shoulder as I booted up the computer, and waited a few seconds for the page to load.

I glanced over at him. “You gonna lurk behind me the whole time?”

“Yes I suppose I will.”

I shook my head and turned back to the screen, opened the browser and typed in lover boy’s name.

Malik Laironov.

I clicked the link with his picture and stared, wide-eyed when the page opened.

“Holy shit.”

                                          AUTHOR'S NOTES

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING THAT AS MUCH AS I ENJOYED WRITING IT!

THANKS FOR READING GUYS AND KEEP SWEET!

-DoUbLe.A

-unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 84.7K 48
"What are you doing here?" I gulped at the hoarse voice. Instead of replying, I stared at Maria's corpse lying on the floor. "You smell so sweet." I...
7.7K 334 7
Tvd x to x tw In which the Scooby gang, the Mikaelson's and the pack watch the life of Charlotte Stilinski. The biological daughter of Derek Hale and...
196K 8.3K 63
Rosalie Hale grew up in New York, she was born in the year 1915 and died in 1933. Everyone should know her story, but what if there was someone else...
13.2K 997 37
"αžŸαžΌαž˜αžšαž„αž…αžΆαŸ†αž”αž„αž–αž½αž€αž™αžΎαž„αž“αž·αž„αž”αžΆαž“αžšαžŸαŸ‹αž“αŸ…αž‡αž»αŸ†αž‚αŸ’αž“αžΆαžœαž·αž‰αž“αŸ…αžαŸ’αž„αŸƒαžŽαžΆαž˜αž½αž™" αž˜αžΈαž“ αž™αŸ‰αž»αž“αž αŸ’αž‚αžΈ πŸ–€ αž•αžΆαž€ αž‡αžΈαž˜αžΈαž“