NEW // PETER PARKER

By theburninglilac

"I may be assuming Ezra, but you're not a normal girl." "I may be assuming too, but being a friendly neighbor... More

00 - Cast & Playlist
02 - To New Beginnings
03 - Midtown High
04 - Tony Stark
05 - New Friends, New Nicknames
06 - The New Internship
07 - Friends With Spider-Man?
08 - The Truth
09 - Dates and Death
10 - The New Regular
11 - Decathlon Day
12 - The Girl's Got Powers
13 - Gone With The Wind
14 - The Emerald Sorceress
15 - Love Thy Neighbor
16 - I Survived My Trip To NYC
17 - Are You Serious?
18 - What The Night Holds
19 - Tili Tili Boom
20 - Save Yourself, Save The Girl
21 - True Blood
22 - The "Kill"
23 - Doctor Strange
24 - Doctor's Intern
25 - The Emerald Dress
26 - Save The Itsy Bitsy Spider
27 - Happily Ever Hogan
28 - EG & MJ
29 - This Is A Test, Right?
PART TWO
31 - Let's Call It A Truce
32 - What's Your Name, Miss?
33 - The "L" Word
PART THREE
35 - Ben & Jerry's
Merry Christmas
36 - The Wizard, A Spider and The Flying Donut
37 - Save Your Magical Ass
38 - You're an Avenger
39 - Dude, we're the Avengers
40 - One.
41 - The End
PART FOUR
43 - To The Garden
44 - Third Period
45 - Raisins
46 - Fifteen Dollars
47 - Mistakes
48 - Come Back
49 - Shoes
PART FIVE β€’ a NEW era
50 - You're Not Iron Man
51 - Dual Headphone Adapter
Rest in Peace
52 - When in Rome . . . Actually, In Venice.
53 - Nick Fury
54 - The Opera

PART ONE

44.4K 910 1K
By theburninglilac

"Your eyes can deceive you; don't trust them."

***

***

Standing by the train station eagerly waiting for the early morning train, a daughter and mother held each other in their arms.

"Are you sure you'll be alright?"

"Yes, mom, I promise." She tried to convince her mother.

"I know baby, it's just, you're a fifteen year old girl going off into the city. A mom can worry, right?"

"Of course, but I'll be with Carla. Your best friend. I'll be okay mom."

"Ezra, I'll miss you so much."

"I'll see you soon! Only four months away, and I'll be back home a few times before then."

"You're just growing up so quick." Her petite figure held Ezra tightly.

"Mom, my train is leaving. I have to go."

"Oh okay, I love you. Call me three times a day."

"Of course."

Ezra Wilson's short legs carried her on the five thirty train, on its way to the city. Just as bags of luggage and a teenage girl got ready to board, her name was called out, "Ezra!"

"Mom?"

"Be careful."

"Of course."

***

Her mom's best friend, Carla, who Ezra considerd her aunt, was chief editor for New York Times. Growing up with a constant flow of articles and papers, Ezra had learned to love the art of writing.

In late December, Carla had offered Ezra an internship for her sophomore year. That involved moving to the city, and leaving her mom behind.

Also switching schools.

Ezra had been accepted into Midtown High, too. Growing up, her life had always been focused on writing and science. The opportunity to do two things that she loved was absolutely riveting.

Back home Ezra only had a small group of friends. Never the popular ones, always the ones who would help the popular kids with their homework.

As well as the small group of friends, Ezra's mother, Harper, had always been there for her. After scientist, Howard Wilson, father of Ezra passed away from cancer, the both felt a large weight taken off their shoulders. For years it's just been Harper and Ezra.

Ezra feared that that's what her mom wanted forever.

Leaving her entirely, was a tough decision, but living in New York City was once in a lifetime.

***

The train ride came out to be three hours, and to say the least, they were tormenting. As the train came to a halt, her luggage was gathered and a deep breath was taken.

At the train station the short girl spotted a sign.

Ezra Grace Wilson

Ezra's eyes met a Hispanic woman, with mousey brown hair and a gentle face.

Carla Mendez has been Harper Wilson's best friend all her life. They grew up next to each other in a small town. They both don't have any siblings, so they acted much more like sisters.

"Hola, Ezra!" She hugged Ezra, forcing her large amounts of hair in her face. Carla, being extremely tall, and with Ezra only stopping at five foot, it's wasn't the ideal mix.

"Hi Carla, it's been so long!"

"Oh, I know, honey, but now you're here and we're going to have a great time. Matt is so excited to meet you!" Matt is Carla's husband, and had never met Ezra. As she held her aunt close, Carla examined her head. "When did you dye this?"

"Dye what?"

"Your hair, it's pure silver."

"Oh . . . It's because of stress. It's natural." Carla's eyes almost popped out of her head.

"Natural, oh mi cariño. At least it looks good." Ezra smiled, tucking a bit of her curls behind an ear.

Going back to Carla's apartment, Ezra realized quickly the two were in a very foreign neighborhood. Suddenly the taxi stopped in front of an apartment complex.

For what she imagined NYC apartments to look like, she was pleasantly surprised.

Inside the two faced an open lobby, it was bare, but the look of the building was reminiscent of late 50s, which might've been off putting for some, but Ezra thoroughly enjoyed it.

In their apartment, Carla showed the curious girl where she'd be sleeping. Her room overlooked the city, which was much more than Ezra expected. "Carla, I just want to say, thank you, so so much."

"Of course, baby." She smiled and left her to unpack. As pile of clothes went into a dresser, a cat made its way into her bedroom.

He was hairless. And a bit frightening as well. "Well, who would you happen to be?"

His tag read, Simon.

"Well, Simon, nice to meet you." He purred softly, sprawling out on the freshly made bed.

Outside in the living room Carla sat on the couch. "So what's up with your life?" She questioned.

"Oh, you know. School, more school, and did I mention school?"

"You're just like your mother, always with your head in a book."

Ezra shrugged her shoulders, "What better to do?"

"You're not serious, right?"

"Well partly, I'm only fifteen. There's nothing much I can do."

"That's bologna, you have friends, right?"

"Well yeah, but we're all the same. School is our main priority."

"Sounds exciting." Carla muttered.

"I don't know, I'm not the most social person."

"Really? I couldn't tell." Piercing green eyes glared at Carla and she grinned. "How about a boy? Is there anyone you're interested in?"

"No."

"Ezra, you've grown up to be a gorgeous girl, you should put yourself out there." Heat rose to the surface of the teenage girl's face.

"I'm fifteen."

"So? Are you saying you can't enjoy love at a young age?"

"I'm not saying that, I'm just saying, I wouldn't know where to even start."

"Start? Ezra, you make things too technical. Feelings aren't something you can control. They just happen."

"Aunt Carla, no boy wants to date me, and I'm okay with that."

Carla frowned. "You doubt your personality, E."

"I know."

"Then, why don't you do something about it?"

"I don't know, easier said than done." She nodded in understanding.

"Well, how about I give you some money and you go see a show? You are in New York City, for Christ's sake. Have you ever seen a show?" She shook her head. "Here," She said giving Ezra a handful of money, "take the train, it's about an hour ride from Queens, and right in Time Square there's a red and white building with half price tickets. Go have some fun."

"I can't take your money."

"It's not mine, it's Matt's . . . He's certainly not struggling, he's a neurosurgeon. Take it and have fun."

"Isn't dangerous to go into the city alone?"

"Sure, but what's life without some risk?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 7.9K 26
" And I know that you don't, but if I ask you if you love me .. I hope you lie to me " [SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING] [COVER MADE BY: @PINKEHART [PETER PA...
114K 4.1K 18
*. ⁺ . ✦ | 𝑳𝑰𝑬 𝑻𝑢 𝑴𝑬 [ 𝒑𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒓 π’‘π’‚π’“π’Œπ’†π’“ ] β‹†Λš ✩ ࿐ཻ ❝ if i ask you if you love me, i'd hope you'd lie to me ❞ ❨ peter parker x re...
90.7K 1.6K 15
"The neighborhood is not going to survive without me!" "The neighborhood is going to be fine, kid. Go find a job or a girlfriend." part 1 of the In...
22.3K 779 31
Samantha Jones had moved her whole life. Finally, at the start of high school, her mom told her they would not have to move out of their New York apa...