Destined With You

By SweetLove789

Rose Addams was born to be a fighter. She grew up to become the strongest boxer. But after the death of her... More

Destined With You... Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty

163K 3.8K 1.6K
By SweetLove789

Chapter Twenty

My nose twitched and my brows furrowed into a confused frown. I snuggled further into my pillow not wanting to wake up just yet. Then I felt it once more, which made me groan a little. Then I felt the poke on my cheek again but this time it continued relentlessly, making me come to the conclusion that I was not just imagining it.

I snapped my eyes open. I could feel my annoyance at whoever was making me get up before I wanted to. As I was just about to open my mouth and give them a piece of my mind- nothing came out, instead my eyes widened in surprise.

My head, lying on the pillow looked at eye level with a little girl who looked to be five years of age- the same as Tommy. She had long, soft blonde hair cascading down her back with a few curls framing her angelic face. Her big, bright green eyes were the exact shade of Drakes and I smiled when I saw the little teddy she had in her small arms.

“Hi,” I whispered with a small smile, not wanting to wake Drake up because I kind of liked the way his arm was wrapped around my waist and the way his slow breath fanned on the back of my neck.

“I can’t talk to strangers,” she frowned; her sweet voice spoke, showing the cute little lisp she had.

“Oh,” I looked down sadly.

She nodded.

“Wait. You already spoke to me!” I gasped quietly, widening my eyes for effect.

She raised her little hand quickly, covering it over her mouth while her other hand was preoccupied with holding her teddy. She stared back at me with wide eyes like she had done something very terrible.

I had to stifle a giggle at how adorable she was.

She shook her head as if telling me she didn’t speak. I cheekily grinned, “Uh oh, you’ve already talked to me so we’re not strangers anymore.”

She tilted her head to the side, confused, letting her hand drop to her side and questioned, “We’re not?”

“Nope we’re not so… now you can talk to me,” I smiled.

“Really?” she instantly brightened up.

I nodded my head, the smile still etched on my face at this cute little girl.

“Okay but...” she started, frowning lightly, “Who are you?”

 “I’m Rose and what’s your name?” I asked nicely.

“My names Annabelle but everyone calls me Ana so you can call me Ana too,” she said in that adorable lisp.

“Well that is such a lovely name Ana,” I smiled.

“I like your name too,” she grinned, showing off her small little teeth.

That is until she frowned again.

“What are you doing in bed with Dee?” she asked confused. I suddenly felt a soft blush rise to my cheeks at the way she worded the simple question.

“I... was um sleeping?” I internally slapped myself for making it sound like a question.

Why was I so nervous in front of this little girl?

She nodded her head understandingly and I smiled at how endearing she was with her slightly chubby cheeks and maturity.

“I need to go,” she suddenly sulked.

I pouted, not wanting her to leave just yet.

“Why?”

“Because Mummy said I had to brush my teeth first before I can see Dee,” she explained and then without having time to understand fully, she gave me a toothy smile and then swiftly left the room with soft steps like a little ballerina.

I was left staring at the place she was standing moments ago until I felt a slight tug on my waist.

I moved my sleeping position so I was now face to face with a sleeping Drake. My shoulder throbbed painfully at the movement but I could hardly care when my attention was solely focused on Drakes lips.

My God! What is wrong with me? My hormones were clearly more in control of me than I liked.

I looked away, putting my attention on the closed white door. I had zoned out, staring at it until I felt my vision go slightly unfocused.

“Is my door that interesting?”

I jumped slightly at the amused voice coming from the person lying next to me.

“Don’t ever...do that again,” I huffed, my heart still beating fast at Drake for suddenly speaking up or maybe it was just the normal effect he had on me. I didn’t want to go into it.

“Did I scare you?” he smirked.

 “You don’t scare me Drake,” I smirked back.

He raised one eyebrow. “Is that so?”

“It is indeed,” I replied.

Then all of sudden the mood shifted from Drakes next words, “You should be though.”

His voice was void of any emotion, his face expressionless and I felt cold as Drake moved away from me, stopping any form of physical contact. I frowned as I sat up with him, not caring if I had the worst bed hair going on, which I knew I most probably did.

“Would you ever hurt me?” I asked quietly, staring at the wall in front of me, just like he was.

“Never,” not even a heartbeat had passed before Drake answered. There was something about his voice when he said it, full of confidence and conviction.

I wasn’t a fool, people hurt others without even knowing but I wasn’t a pessimist either, and the goose bumps on my arms told me that I liked hearing that answer and I really wanted to believe it.

I didn’t need to hear anything more in this moment. It was enough for now.

“Can I use the bathroom please?” I asked still not looking at him; afraid I’d see that blank look on his face. I hated it, even after knowing what happened in that alley, I still felt my heart drop at the prospect of losing him.

We humans have a funny way of dealing with things. We judge and complain and we forgive and forget but we remember the bad more than the good and yet deep down without even realising, we cling to the hope that it’ll all work out in the end because we silently believe fate meets with destiny to solve the problems that make up our lives.

I shook my head.

“Yeah it’s just down the hall,” he said.

I went to freshen up. My shoulder was still hurting but it’s not like it was my first time. I didn’t like screaming out my pain for everyone to rush over and splash their sympathies to me. It was pointless.

Walking back into Drakes room, I realised he was already downstairs since his bed was made up. I was guessing he used the other bathroom to freshen up himself.

I stayed in Drakes joggers and top, which were a bit too large for me, but the comfort it brought me made me not care. I walked down the stairs, allowing my nose to guide me to the kitchen as the sweet smell started to make my tummy grumble in hunger.

I awkwardly stood at the door of the kitchen as I saw Cathy cooking, skillfully flipping the food in the pan. The small table with four seats already had two places taken as I saw Drake looking down at his full plate of pancakes- picking at it distractedly- and then there was little Ana eating her pancakes hurriedly.

I felt like an intruder, walking into their family.

I was tempted to walk back, quickly change my clothes, thank them for everything and then excuse myself to go home. That was until Ana spoke up loudly, “Rose!”

Her toothy smile stopped my actions. Everyone looked up at me as I lifted my hand in a little awkward wave, “Hi.”

Cathy came rushing over, nearly knocking me off my feet with her bear hug, “Rosie sweetie, how are you feeling?”

I could hardly breathe in any oxygen as she squished me.

“I...um better,” I wheezed out.

She quickly let me go as if she just realised she put a painful amount of pressure on my shoulder, “Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry, did I hurt you?”

I shook my head, lying well, “I’m okay.”

She narrowed her eyes for a second, frowning to herself but then she suddenly brightened up again, “Take a seat, I’m making pancakes.”

“No really Cathy, you’ve already done so much for me. I think I’ll just go home and eat,” I smiled, knowing full well that my fridge will be empty. I really did need to find the time to get a job; it was unfortunate that the places I’ve applied to want people with more experience.

She whipped her head around. She put both of her fists on her hips, staring at me with narrowed eyes. It was the kind of look that made you not want to protest against her.

“Uh oh,” I heard a little voice mumble.

“Sit,” Cathy ordered, her voice filled with authority. I hurriedly grabbed a chair and sat opposite Drake and next to Ana.

“Good, now you’re not leaving until you’re fully healed, understand?” she said in that tone that made me feel like a child getting scold out by her mother.

I wanted so bad to smile, as I’ve never heard my mother speak to me like that. As silly as it sounds I wanted to hear my mum scold me if I came back home late and fuss over me not wearing a coat if it’s too cold outside.

It just shows they care.

“Understood,” I nodded my head, earning me a motherly smile from Cathy. My heart warmed for that one second. But then it ached again with longing. I couldn’t help but stare at her retreated back with sadness.

Then my eyes connected with Drake as he watched me with a frown.

I quickly averted my gaze, saying a quick thank you to Cathy as she handed me a plate of pancakes and then fixating my attention on his little sister. If I kept myself distracted maybe he wouldn’t read into whatever emotions he saw on my face.

“What’s the rush Ana?” I asked her.

She stopped shoving all the pancakes in her mouth and then swallowed uneasily as her cheeks were puffed out- her mouth was stuffed with food.

I giggled at her and she laughed with me once all of it went down, eventually.

“I’m going to my friend’s birthday party,” she grinned.

“Oh I see! Are you excited?” I asked with a smile.

She nodded her head enthusiastically, “Yes! There’s going to be a bouncy castle!”

“What? No way!” I gasped excitedly.

I had a thing for bouncy castles when I was little. For my tenth birthday my Dad hired one and we invited nearly everyone we knew. There was cake and music and a barbeque. It was a nice memory, when things were easy.

I nibbled on my pancakes as I listened to Ana explain more about the party. “Yeah way! And there’s a pink cake and pink balloons and lots of other stuff too.”

She spoke animatedly, her lisp clearly evident which in turn made me fully grin at how adorably happy she was. Her little hands were moving so fast, eating so quickly I could hardly keep up.

“That’s so pretty and cool, I hope you have lots of fun!” I smiled kindly.

“I will,” she smiled, looking up at me a bit strangely. Her eyes took in my face and then she turned to look at Drake and then back to me again.

I watched as she finished her food, handing her plate to Cathy before walking back over to me and motioning with her hand for me to come closer. The confused expression on my face didn’t leave until she leaned in to whisper quietly in my ear, “There’s this boy I like and he’s going to be there.”

She moved back as I stared at her with wide eyes and then as I looked at the little blush on her cheeks I squealed in a high pitch. I proceeded to clap like a retarded seal and I didn’t care because it was just so freaking cute that I really couldn’t help myself.

She went even redder at my reaction and giggled under her breath. Looking at me through her long eyelashes, smiling shyly at me she tugged on my shirt, “Don’t tell anyone.”

She spoke out loud, staring pointedly at Drake as he stared at us in half amusement and half suspicion. I raised my right hand, putting it over my heart as I stared it into her eyes with fully honesty, “I swear to secrecy and will pinky promise to never speak to anyone about it.”

She stifled a giggle and raised her little pinky, wrapping it around my own, holding on for a few seconds before letting go with such an adorable smile I couldn’t stop myself from embracing her in a small hug.

“I really like you Rose, will you be here when I’m back?” She asked hopefully.

“I really like you too Ana,” I started with a smile, momentarily glancing at Drake who was staring at our interaction with a small, genuine smile yet there was something in his eyes that I just couldn’t place, an emotion I wasn’t familiar with.

“Do you want me to be here?” I asked Ana, looking into her green eyes.

“Yes,” she gave me her trademark toothy smile.

“Then I’ll be here, whenever you want me to be,” I looked down at the little girl, making my heart clench as I remembered Tommy.

“Really, always?” she asked with wide eyes.

I stared down at her, confused as to why she was so surprised. How could anyone not want to be here for her? She was like a little angel, completely innocent and pure.

“Always,” I replied firmly.

Her eyes filled with unshed tears, giving me a watery smile before she walked out with her light pink dress flowing with every step. I kept my eyes trained on the door she exited from, knowing full well that Drake and Cathy were watching.

“I’m going to go drop her off and then head to the shop, I’ll be back late so don’t wait up,” I heard Cathy speak, mostly talking to Drake.

I decided to turn around, not looking up as I prodded at my pancakes, suddenly feeling quite sad that the girl wasn’t expecting me to be...nice. Who made her feel this way? As if she wasn’t important?

“Rose?” I looked up at Cathy, ignoring the thoughts swirling in my mind.

“Yes Cathy?” I asked quietly.

“Thank you,” she whispered but it was loud enough for me and Drake to hear.

“For what?” I asked confused.

She smiled warmly at me, shaking her head softly. “You really are wonderful Rose.”

My frown deepened alongside my confusion, finding it hard to believe that, “Um.”

“What you did with Ana there. She’s never had anyone give her the attention you have apart from Drake and me. Whenever someone else would come, she’ll be ignored and I guess today you stopped her from thinking that we’re not the only ones who care for her,” Cathy had some tears in her eyes but she refused to let them fall, giving me a gentle hug to avoid hurting my shoulder.

I watched as she walked out the door after her daughter. Something tugged at my heart as I thought about her words. I knew why I promised to always be there for Ana. I didn’t want her to ever feel like she didn’t have anyone, even if she hardly knew me, I wouldn’t ever want to see such a sweet girl grow up like me. She made me feel the need to protect her, just like Tommy.

I smiled sadly yet somewhat happy that I could bring that smile to the little girls face.

“You’re something else Rosie,” Drakes deep voice made my heart go into overdrive. I felt a rush of relief fill me as he spoke to me, he had been quiet throughout the morning and I honestly thought he was avoiding me. Even being this close made me feel the distance.

I turned around in my seat, looking directly into Drakes eyes. It was like a forest, you could get completely lost in them. The vibrant greens were shining with something I couldn’t quite place my finger on.

“Is that a good thing?” I asked, tilting my head to the side slightly.

He leaned back on his seat; the table between us was the only thing keeping him from being near to me.

“Definitely,” he nodded, smiling slightly.

I smiled back shyly and then all of a sudden he got up, gesturing to my plate, “I’ll clean up.”

“No. I’ll do it,” I protested, getting up and grabbing my plate before walking towards the sink.

“Uh I don’t think so,” I felt Drakes breath blow against the back of my neck and then when I was about to run the tap, he pushed me slightly against the counter. His body pressed to my back as he grabbed the plate from my hand, putting it down in the sink.

Then I felt cold as he moved away, not listening to my body protesting. I felt a rush of disappointment. Stupid me, thinking he wanted to be close and maybe be cheesy like they do in the movies. Maybe that kiss was a mistake to him. With that thought, I felt my heart drop like an anchor.

I looked up at him, cleaning away and then when his gaze connected with mine, I was angry. His blank expression was back up, not letting me know what he was feeling, not even a flicker of emotion displayed.

“Stop it,” I grounded out.

“What?” he asked blankly.

“You know what!” I started with a scowl.

He didn’t waver.

“That face you have on now, just look at you! You’re staring at me as if I’m no one Drake. You’re blocking me out, acting as if I don’t know anything; completely cutting me off, and you’re not even looking at me! Why?” I asked, shaking my head in frustration.

“Just why Drake?” I asked more quietly.

“Forget it Rose,” he said, again emotionless.

“Forget it? What so you’re just going to keep changing attitudes whenever you feel like it? You can be bi-polar but I can’t?” I asked angrily.

“Look! I don’t have to bloody satisfy with you with everything okay? You can’t just stroll here and start pointing out my fucking faults and then change me because no one can do that damn it! You’re just a spoilt girl thinking that with one request you’ll get everything, but guess what Rose? The brutal reality is that you’re nothing! Do you get that?” he growled out before smashing his hand into the fridge in real anger.

He left a knuckle dent in there.

I didn’t even flinch.

I just stared up at him with wide eyes. I felt a large lump in my throat as I refused to let the tears surface. I will never cry just like that. It just made one weak and it showed the vulnerable side and I didn’t want anyone to see that.

I looked down momentarily, processing his harsh words. It was like a big slap to my face.

Nothing.

He said I’m nothing.

Yet I already knew that.

“You’re right,” I spoke up, looking up at Drake who just stared at the damage on the fridge.

“You are so damn right. I am nothing, absolutely nothing. I’m no one and I’m a fool for trying to reach out to you,” I nodded my head agreeing with him and myself.

“Rose-” Drake spoke up but I cut him off with my hand raised.

“No Drake, you really are right on the point there. But you’re just wrong on one thing,” I gave a broken smile.

“So damn wrong Drake,” I shook my head, trying to hold myself together. I just needed to keep it together for a few minutes more.

“Spoilt? I’m spoilt?” I laughed humorlessly.

“Rose I didn’t-“

“Wow Drake, you really don’t know me do you? I mean do I really look like I’m spoilt? What have I done to make you think like that? My Father is dead, my Mother is as good as dead and I have a little brother I have to take care of and I’m hardly getting any money to eat food and I’m spoilt?” I shook my head sadly.

“Ro-

“You know I made a massive mistake. I shouldn’t have gotten close and I definitely shouldn’t have cared. I’ve already lost everything and I have no one but I rather it be that way than for you talk to me like that. I may not always show it but I hurt too. You’re not the only one Drake, maybe you should get that,” I finished, turning around.

“Rose,” I heard Drakes deep voice but I ignored it as I continued to walk out the kitchen to get as far from him as I could.

“Rosie please,” I heard his voice come closer and a little bit more desperate as I stepped into the living room.

“I’m sorry,” I felt him grab hold of my wrist before spinning me back around gently. I wanted so desperately to snatch my arm out of his grip and race out of this house without ever looking back. But instead I refused to look up into his eyes.

Well it just so happened he didn’t want that. I felt him push my chin up with his hand to meet his gaze and I felt myself slowly break from my anger, as his eyes spoke, “I’m sorry.”

It was the heavy regret and sincerity that ignited in his green eyes, it weighed me down with him.

“I am so very sorry Rosie,” he shook his head, letting go off my wrist only to run his hand through his hair. “I can’t believe I said all of that. You didn’t deserve any of it and I’m the biggest scum for speaking so many lies.”

“I’m such a prick,” he mumbled.

I gave a small smile.

“It alright Drake. You said what you thought and there’s nothing wrong in saying what you really think of me-”

I started to speak but apparently that was the wrong sentence or maybe it was the right sentence because then I found Drakes hand on either side of my face, pulling me towards him before passionately crashing his lips to mine.

That definitely shut me up.

I couldn’t move since he had a firm hold of the back of my head, so I closed my eyes finding myself drowning in his kiss. But it was too short yet the tingles still teased across my lips as he let go just as quick as he grabbed me.

My breath was stolen from me.

He stared into my grey eyes; looking momentarily unfocused and then determination took over his features, “I didn’t mean one word. Not even one. As soon as I said it, I was furious with myself hence me punching the fridge. I’ll never forgive myself for it. Of course I know you’re not spoilt, so very far from it. You’re something else Rosie. I think you’re amazing, kind and beautiful but instead of me saying that, I turned around and said the opposite like the fool I am.”

I was weak in his presence. I’d forgive him again and again. Or maybe I was strong, for holding on and fighting for someone who was showing his honesty to me.

“I know Drake. But, what provoked you to say that?” I asked curiously.

It didn’t slip my mind that Drake never apologizes to just anyone, let alone a girl. I appreciated it, his instant need to say sorry. Not many people do that, pride usually takes over and it stops you from fixing something deep down you know you’re wrong about.

“Because you scare me Rose,” he spoke quietly.

My eyes widened in surprise, “Hey look, I know I’m ugly but come on, cut me some slack.”

He looked at me in disbelief before rolling his eyes, “Not like that you idiot.”

I grinned jokingly.

He smiled and then it faltered.

“It’s the way you make me feel Rose, that’s what scares me. The thing is, I said no one can change me but you’re already doing it. It’s just, you really have no idea how much of an effect you have on me,” he smiled slightly, shaking his head like he couldn’t understand it himself.

I stared at him.

I could possibly have gone into shock, I didn’t even know if my heart was still beating.

Is he bloody serious right now?

Drake freaking Night said I have an effect on him?

Holy god.

“Um...” I said intelligently.

He looked at me expectantly and just when I was about to say something more helpful, the doorbell rang. I heard him curse under his breath before walking towards the door.

I stared at his retreating back in a slight daze, watching as he held the door handle, about to open it before quickly turning back at me with a smile, the one showing the dimple.

“Rosie?” he spoke up.

“Yeah?”

“You’re perfect,” his deep, velvety voice reached my ears like a melody, before he turned around and opened the door, leaving me standing with a soft blush.

Then it hit me.

I’m falling for Drake Night.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

Aw! She's falling in love. Have you guys had that feeling? 

Be sure to check the next chapter but don't forget to comment and vote, please and thank you!

-Swaz xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
745 9 51
▪︎trigger warning▪︎ - fighting - mentions of death - strong language - mature themes - booze/drinking - mentions of suicide - mentions of abuse ...
86.1K 2.2K 39
"I found you once, if the universe allows it I'll find you again." ------------ Melany Marshall, if people had to describe her they would all use the...
1.2M 31.6K 44
Avery quinton, a bad girl that got in trouble, got dettention and didn't give a fuck about anything But they didn't know she's a gang leader and not...