Try Me ✔️

By Anime_Star_Shipper01

Lucy Heartfilia, the new kid. Natsu Dragneel, the popular kid. She can't stand his arrogant ass. Natsu finds... More

Author Note
Chapter 1 - a new begin
Chapter 2 - great
Chapter 3 - I'm still here
Chapter 4 - unlucky for me
Chapter 5 - novel
Chapter 6 - I expected more hostility
Chapter 8 - the deal
Chapter 9 - meeting his parents
Chapter 10 - crossing the line
Chapter 11 - paired up
Chapter 12 - truth or dare
Chapter 13 - that says something
Chapter 14 - promise
Chapter 15 - or else?
Chapter 16 - a fucking push
Chapter 17 - willing
Chapter 18 - balls
Chapter 19 - you
Chapter 20 - turn off
Chapter 21 - I will do it
Chapter 22 - What? No
Chapter 23 - too cheesy
Chapter 24 - shut up, dragon boy
Chapter 25 - and for the food
Chapter 26 - I recorded that
Chapter 27 - don't need it
Chapter 28 - it's a break
Chapter 29 - save it
Chapter 30 - awesome, handsome...
Chapter 31 - sort of
Chapter 32 - feet fingers
Chapter 33 - us included
Chapter 34 - Happy
Chapter 35 - get out
Chapter 36 - Ayumi
Chapter 37 - meet up
Chapter 38 - survived
Chapter 39 - avoiding
Chapter 40 - sweet dreams
Epilogue
Thanks everyone❤️
EEEH GUYS!!!

Chapter 7 - funny, Natsu

6K 148 190
By Anime_Star_Shipper01

~Levy's POV~

It was now Sunday. The day before Natsu's going to start. Mira, Erza, Juvia and I were with Lucy holding a sleepover.

We thought about going together to school tomorrow, so Natsu can't pull funny jokes to Lucy. We only have been friends for a couple of weeks, but I feel like I've known her since forever. She's just like me. She likes books.

"Guys, I'm curious and a little bit scared," Lucy said, exhaling loudly.

"Don't worry, if he is trying something on you I will kill him," Erza said to assure lucy. As always the violent one.

"Right, we'd do everything we can to stop him, Love Rival," Juvia said while holding a Gray doll.

We sweat dropped. Juvia always has a weird obsession with Gray. I honestly hope they will work out.

"Mira what are you doing?" I asked, she was holding a book or something.

~Mira's POV~

"Mira what are you doing?" Levy asked me.

"Nothing, just something," I said with a devil grin. That didn't make sense... agh, who cares?

They whispered something like 'she has started again. New ship certainly.' Well, can't say they're wrong.

Lucy and Natsu are adorable together. Even though they hate each other's guts. But they do have a weird connection with each other.

The Natsu I knew was rude and everything, but he got way more patience with Lucy than anyone else.

How would the name be? Lucy and Natsu, Lucy and Natsu... hmm.

Nalu. Yes, that's perfect.

Lucy was staring at me like she has seen a ghost. I just shrugged it off.

~Natsu's POV~

Today was the day. I was actually agitated. The last time I found someone to mess with was three months ago.

I saw Lucy and her friends walking towards her locker. Perfect, there was my first prank.

It was just a simple one, shaving cream in her locker. Not good enough gets someone to tears, but that comes later. Actually, I hope Lucy won't cry. I need a challenge.

I need someone who returns my energy.

I walked to her. All her friends went to stand in front her.

"What are you planning Natsu?" Erza demanded, of course.

"You all know very well." I chuckled, putting my hands in my pockets.

"And relax, I'm not a physical person, you know that." There was relief in their eyes. It actually pains me to see Erza thought I would hit someone.

Lucy was standing behind her friends, her arms crossed. She looked annoyed.

I smiled at the girls, so protective, but they can't protect her all the time.

~Lucy's POV~

I wasn't expecting something... yet. While my friends where talking to Natsu, I thought I will get my books from my locker.

I was wrong. I opened my locker and shaving cream fell on me.

"What the fuck?" I shouted, causing everyone to turn to me. Mira scowled. "Typical Natsu."

My whole locker was a mess, including all my books. Damn it. How didn't I expect a prank like this?

Natsu was laughing, holding his stomach. Gajeel was taking pictures of me. And the rest in the hall burst in a laughter too.

Yeah, funny guys. So funny. I shook the shaving cream from my hands.

"Lu-chan! I'll walk with you to the restroom," Levy said and we walked away.

I wanted to pull the finger to Natsu, but he was busy snickering. I stopped and advanced to him. He was talking to Gajeel, probably his partner in crime.

I grabbed some shaving cream from my shirt and slapped his head with it.

He gasped and turned to me, processing what I did. "Fucking bitch," he snarled.

"Yeah, karma is a bitch," I agreed, walking away.

~Natsu's POV~

She really fell for it, I thought she was smarter than that. I just couldn't hold my laughter in. I turned to Gajeel when Lucy and Levy walked in the direction of the toilets.

What I didn't expect was a handful of shaving cream to be slapped on me.

I turned around, seeing Lucy, a small smirk on her face. She was still covered, but it looked like she didn't care.

"Fucking bitch," I said, snarling. I shook my hair, it was not falling off me.

"Yeah, karma is a bitch," she responded and turned around, doing an arrogant hair flip.

"Why would you do that?" Juvia asked, glaring at me.

"I told her to prepare herself. Besides, it's not like this tiny prank would hurt her." To be honest, I'm feeling way more excited than normally.

I have an interesting girl to mess with, and I don't doubt she would fuck me over too.

I walked away, but before that I said something that they know to well.

"You can't always protect Lucy, and she knows it too," and then I walked to Gajeel who had the pictures.

"Done?" I asked.

"Yup, gihihi. It was hilarious." Gajeel sent the pictures to me.

"I know right?" I was laughing too, her face was worth my shaving cream.

"Natsu," Lisanna again, Gajeel walked away immediately, not interested in whatever Lisanna is going to say.

To be honest, I'm not interested either.

"What do you want Lisanna?" I rolled my eyes, she's never going to not bother me.

"Let me help you with destroying Lucy," she said Lucy with disgust.

Ha, you wish. It's not like I need her. Fucking hell, I don't even want to be near her. I don't want her to be near Lucy either.

If I would have to choose between Lisanna and Lucy, I would choose Lucy in a heartbeat.

She isn't clingy, annoying much, and dumb.

Why am I comparing her to Lucy?

"No," I fired harshly. She was stunned for a second, but turned to me again.

"Fine, than my girls and I are going to do it, and we show no mercy, like you!" And Lisanna walked to her so called friends. They just follow her so they aren't the one at the end of her glare.

I rolled my eyes, she is never going to learn it.

Lisanna turned to me, a smirk on her face when she saw I was still watching her. Like she thought I regretted my decision.

"And do something with your hair. It's ugly."

She's all bark and no bite, and in some way, I'm too.

~Lucy's POV~

I was in the restroom, soon joined by my other friends. I can't believe he pulled out that kind prank. But I was so stupid to not expect it.

Everyone asked if I was ok. It was nothing special, seriously.

"Uhm, does someone have an extra shirt? Mine is draining." I grunted disgusted at my shirt. No way I'll be walking like this. I rinsed my hair with water, it was wet like hell, but better than shaving cream in my hair.

Mira grabbed a shirt from her bag. She probably got that in case of an emergency.

When I was done cleaning myself I walked out.

I was greeted by one of Natsu's friends, Gyra or something. I forgot his name. He has raven hair.

"Are you okay?" He looked at me with worry in his eyes. Why did he ask? Is he not cold-hearted like Natsu?

"I'm fine Gyra." And my friends burst out laughing, even Gyra chuckled. I raised an eyebrow.

"My name is Gray, not Gyra," Gray apparently said. Ohh, that's why it sounded weird.

I grinned sheepishly. "Sorry."

He waved his hand. "It's fine."

"Hurry or we will be late for PE," Erza said.

Right, we ran to make it on time. I was done changing in sport clothes and walked inside.

There was Natsu and his friends. He was still laughing. I ran up to him and slapped him on the cheek just like what Natsu did a while ago.

I saw the same red sting I saw when I slapped my brother one time. As expected, it didn't hurt him.

Natsu's lip pulled up in an amused smirk.

"Payback," I said.

"You have to do it better than that, I didn't feel a thing. And this was only the warming up sweetheart," Natsu said, standing straight up.

He just has that danger aura around him, so no surprise the room fell silent. I glared when he called me sweetheart.

The asmosphere was uncomfortable, everyone looked at our staring contest. Neither of us gave up.

"Okay, everyone sit down and listen!" our teacher said. I turned around and walked to my friends.

I still looked at him and he did the same.

"You guys got way more tension than I thought," Mira mumbled.

The teacher told us we'd be playing basketball. Of course all the boys cheered. Basketball is way more popular by the boys than by the girls.

Personally, basketball isn't my sport.

Just a game, we don't get a grade for it. The winner gets food. But to make it bad, I sat in the team with Natsu. 

I was with Natsu, Gajeel, Levy, Mira, Laxus and Loke. Our opponents were Erza, Jellal, Gray, Juvia, Aries, Lisanna and Elfman.

Lisanna was currently holding the ball.

"Hey, Lisanna give me the ball," Natsu said.

I literally face palmed, she's our opponent. Does he really think she's gonna do that?

I was wrong again, she just passed the ball to Natsu who made a dunk.

"Are you stupid, Lisanna, he is our opponent?" Gray said, a tick mark appeared on his head. I would be annoyed too. I'm really competitive and I want to win.

"Nope, he is my lover I'd do anything for him," Lisanna said, clearly in love. Or what she thought was love. Looks more like a one-sided obsession.

Never thought Natsu was smart enough to take avantage of that.

I heard a 'watch out!' Too late. I was hit with the basketball and fell on the ground.

"Oops, sorry," Natsu said, clearly not sorry, he did it on purpose! But he held out his hand, I accepted it, but I thought there is something more. This time I was right. I was almost up until he let go which made me fall again.

Argh, I felt disoriented with the hit.

"You really thought I would help you?" Everyone laughed, even the teacher. Of course my didn't.

"Are you okay?" Gajeel asked, his voice mocking.

I stood up and stared at Natsu. "Your pranks are childish. I fucking hate you."

"Feeling is mutual, babe," Natsu countered, his face amused. Oh, he likes this.

The game went further and I dribbled the ball to the opponent's side.

"Here," Natsu called out, standing free.

Ha, don't think so.

I threw it to Mira who threw it to Laxus and scored.

PE was over and we won. We got pizzas. It was already break.

I sat at the table with my friends who are actually proud of me.

"I'm impressed Lucy, usually the girl he messes with ends up crying," Erza said.

"Yup," everyone agreed.

"It's not like those pranks are enough to get me crying," I said.

"It's not exactly about the prank," Levy began, catching my attention. "It's about the humiliation. Society makes people think they need to be accepted. The ones Natsu messed with were so humiliated they didn't dare to look anyone in the eye."

That's actually pretty deep.

After we ate the pizza we stood up and we went apart. I was going to the restroom but I was greeted by a kick in my stomach in the hall. It was Lisanna. The only problem was, she had friends who do karate and I can't defend myself that good.

They hit me in the stomach, arms and legs. "What is your problem?" I shouted, trying to kick someone back.

"All Natsu thinks about is how he would mess with you. I should be the one he's thinking about."

"You're a psycho," I spat, getting a slap.

Someone pulled at my hair and I hissed in pain.

"Jesus, stop," someone demanded. I couldn't make up who it was. I heard footsteps coming this way.

"Aww, come on. Let us have some fun," Lisanna whined.

"I said stop. Don't defy me," the voice said, anger in his tone. Immediately I heard the girls walking away.

I saw Natsu walking to me while I was on the ground. He bent down, checking me out.

I wanted to thank him, but he was the cause of everything of this.

"Check your wounds," he nonchalantly said and left.

What?

I went to the infirmary. I saw the school nurse. Ms. Porlyusica.

"What happened?" she asked, looking at the red places.

"Some people decided it was a great idea to ambush me. Can I get something to lessen the pain?"

She gave me some pain killers and checked if they hit me on some important place or something.

"Thank you," I said and left.

I went to the entrance. I didn't feel like sitting in the lessons anymore today.

It wasn't a surprise I saw Natsu outside the doors. He was skipping class a lot.

"Why did you help me?" I asked. So curious always curious. He sighed, not giving me an explanation. Great, and it was raining too.

"Why? You hate me, why would you stop Lisanna from hurting me? You said you wanted to mess with me till
I go crying or something."

There was a silence till he finally spoke.

"True, I hate you and I want to see you cry, but not because of that. I want to see you cry because you couldn't take it anymore—" he stopped suddenly, seeming deep in thought. "Wait, I don't even want to see you crying."

Wait, what?

My eyes widened.

"Look, you're just interesting. I want to see how far I can go. You obviously won't cry about simple pranks, but it's still fun to pull them."

He's confusing me. "Thanks for stopping them."

He looked at me, throwing me a little smile, taking me off guard.

"You owe me now something, Heartfilia. Prepare for tomorrow," Natsu said grinning. "Come, I'll drive you home, it's raining."

I was doubting, but decided to accept the offer. Nothing bad can happen now I know he doesn't want to see me cry.

He was driving, but my house wasn't that far but whatever. The radio was on, luckily, otherwise the silence would become uncomfortable.

"Lucy, one thing. Just say something about Lisanna's hair and she would immediately stop what's she doing," Natsu said.

"Funny, Natsu." I rolled my eyes on him. Sacarsm in my voice. Like I would take his advice.

"It's true. Girls these days care too much about their appearance."

"What about you? Boys seem to be just the same."

"Fair enough," he said.

Apparently we live in the same street. I waved, he didn't return it. His calm face was now serious and he gripped the steering wheel tightly.

I was a little disappointed. But why? I can't expect him to act so buddy buddy with me just because he stopped Lisanna for the second time.

Well, he wanted this fuel.

____________________
I wrote pretty much, for my feeling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 572 29
Hawk tries to admit his feelings to rose but something terrible happens, that leads to hawk and rose to dating each other's enemies. A new villain te...
1.1M 45.5K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.9M 54K 27
We've all known Lucy as the Celestial Wizard. But what if her parents hid a deep and dark secret from her, something that changes her life. And as fe...
94.9K 2.1K 15
Lucy heartfilia a shy blond girl meet natsu dragneel. Will he bring lucy to talk