Finding Ava ✔

By littletroublemaker_

Absolutely breathtaking cover by @cityheist ~ Dear Max, For you, it might have been simple. For you, it migh... More

Description
1| Where It All Started
2 | The Move
3| Sorry Guys, You Just Aren't My Type
4 | Bumping Into The Devil
5 | You Deserve Much Worse Than That
6 | They're Like Vultures
7 | I Think I'm The Star Of This Movie
8 | Carpool Karaoke
9| He's Max, Max The Stalker
10 | Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold
11 | The Truth Hurts Sometimes
12 | To Forgive Or Not, That Is The Question
13 | Ghosts Could Totally Exist
14 | Ava Vs Cheerleaders
15 | Getting Hitched
16 | Silly Games
17| Brocolli Is Just Bleh
19 | Lunge
20 | Jealousy, Space Bowls, and Some Sunshine
21 | Surprise?
22 | How I Really Feel
23 | Parties and Kisses
24 | Parties and Kisses (part 2)
25 | Honesty Isn't Always The Best Policy
26 | The Troubles With Bree
27 | Moving On
28 | I Made A Mistake
29 | The Plan
30 | I Love You
31 | The End
Final Authors Note
Bonus Chapter - Max

18 | Unicorns Could Exist

8K 265 26
By littletroublemaker_

Best Song Ever - One Direction

18 | Unicorns Could Exist

***

Have you ever wanted to know what goes on in someone's head? Like, have you wanted the ability to read minds?

Because right now, I really want to know what's going on in Max's head. He's been staring at me for the past few minutes, deep in thought. Every once in a while, he would frown and shake his head. Like he was shaking his thoughts away.

I've tried making eye contact with him a few times to get his attention but he seems really focused on the table. I know for a fact he's not interested in the boring table, so he's zoned out.

Molly is sat next to me on the lunch table, with Bree to the other side of me. Max, who decided to sit with us today, is opposite me. Lawrence has disappeared to god knows where. According to Molly, he's been pining over some girl for a while now. So he's chasing her down. Lucky girl...

Luke has been good so far. He's refrained himself from making a comment about my appearance or dating. I have a feeling it because Max is here.

Harry is having a deep conversation with Bree. Josh is staring at the two of them intensely. His face is expressionless but his eyes are burning with fury. Whenever Harry makes eye contact with him, he receives a frosty glare. It's such a cold look I have shivers running down my spine. And it wasn't even directed at me!

"Ava?" Molly asks me, snapping out of my thoughts. I glance at her and raise an eyebrow.

"Yes?"

"We're still on for the cinema tonight right?" Instantly, I'm nodding. I'm actually excited to see the film now, partly because Max is coming.

The last time I went to the movies with Max was when we went to see Fast and Furious 7. I remember crying after we left the cinema because of the emotional tribute they gave Paul Walker. Max held onto me whilst I cried into his t-shirt. When I finished crying, he took me to an ice cream parlor to cheer me up.

Max spent the whole time there cracking jokes.

"I'll pick you up—"

"Don't worry, I'll pick her up," Max cuts Molly off. She glances at me and raises an eyebrow. I avert my eyes from her suspicious gaze and stare at Max.

"What were you thinking about?" I blurt out before my mind can even over think the question. The thing about me is I say things before I think them. If I'm curious about something, I will straight up ask it. No thinking.

Max gives me a flattering smirk, "why do you want to know? Jealous I might be thinking about another girl?"

I scowl at Max, hating the fact that I would be very jealous if he was thinking about another girl. Especially since he locked me in the janitors closet and gave me a massive speech about how he wants me back.

"No," I immediately answer and cross my arms over my chest. "I'm just being curious. Is that a crime now?"

Max shakes his head, "you were being nosy."

I gasp and place a hand over my heart, "I was not! Can't a friend just be concerned."

Max winces at the word friend like its the worst word ever. I mean, he should know I wouldn't jump straight back into a relationship. First, he has to pass the test of being my friend. Then he can think about dating me again.

"Aww, you're concerned about me Sunshine. How endearing." Max says in a sickly sweet voice. He's pretending not to be affected by the fact we are friends but I can see the sadness and want glistening in his brown eyes.

He forgets that I know him too.

I roll my eyes and huff. It's clear I'm not going to get an answer from him. I guess I was being a bit nosy but in my defense, he was sitting like that for a while. I was worried. Even if I'm slowly starting to like him, I care for him.

Oh, who am I kidding? I've always cared about Max. Even after the betrayal. I passionately hated him. Max just weaved his way into my heart and snuggled up in a spot there.

"So what time are you planning to pick me up?" I change the subject.

Max gives me a surprised look. He must have thought I would put up a fuss about getting a ride with him. Not anymore.

"Be ready for six thirty." He tells me and I nod.

The bell then rings loudly, signaling the end of lunch. I groan and rub the side of my face. I have P.E. next. Great.

"I'll see you later Sunshine," Max says and smirks when I give him an annoyed look. That nickname...It has my heart thumping in my chest.

***

"Do you think unicorns exist?" Bree asks me as soon as we get into the girls changing rooms. I give her a bewildering look. That was not what I was expecting her to say. One minute I'm talking to her about how much we hate P.E. and now she's randomly asking me this.

That's one adjective to describe Bree. Random.

"Uh," I unsurely drawl out. "Sure. If you want them to be then why not."

Bree shrugs her shoulders and begins to get changed. When we've finished, we both head out into the large sports hall. Our gym teacher is already standing there, waiting. He has an impatient look on his face as he taps his foot on the floor. The last time I met him, he seemed really friendly and nice but today, he looks done with the world.

His blue eyes look really tired. I feel sorry for the guy. Being a teacher must be hard, especially if you are teaching teenagers.

When we all arrive, he clears his throat loudly to get all of our attention.

"So I have some important paperwork to go through today so I'd like you to do some circuit training. I don't care what activities you do, as long as you are doing something. Got it?" He asks, wordlessly, we all nod. With a sigh, he trudges off to his office and shuts the door.

What a great gym teacher. I think sarcastically.

"Sometimes, I absolutely love Mr. James." Bree comments. It's only my second lesson with him and I've gathered that he doesn't really care about P.E.

At least somebody knows that not everyone cares about sport.

"You know what, I'm going to sit on the bleachers. My legs are killing me," Bree tells me and walks over there.

Lawrence is chatting to some rather buff looking guys, laughing with them. He seems busy and engaged in their conversation so I decided to follow Bree.

"Tell me, Bree, how are your legs hurting? You've been sat down all day." I ask her from behind her as I trail after her.

Bree plonks herself on the seat and rests her legs on the bench in front of her.

"I'll have you know walking isn't exactly my specialty. My legs get hurt really easily." She admits. I raise an eyebrow at her in disbelief. She's hardly done any walking. "What can I say? It's not my thing."

I roll my eyes but don't comment back. This girl is worse than me. And I hate doing exercise.

"You know, when he looks at you, its like he's looking at the most precious thing in the world." Bree randomly says. I sit down next to her and give her a perplexed look.

"Huh?"

Bree stares at me for a few seconds like she's trying to figure me out. "You don't know?" She frowns and mutters something to herself that I can't hear.

"Don't know what?" I repeat my full attention on her now. What is it I don't see?

"Max. You don't know how much that guy loves you? It's easy to see! Jeez, even my grandma could see and she's batshit crazy." Bree yells, attracting the attention of some students nearby. With an icy glare from her blue eyes, they scatter away and pretend nothing happened.

Probably a good idea.

"Bree, you're exaggerating. I know he likes me but he doesn't gaze at me like that," I tell her, my voice quivering at the thought of him loving me like I'm the only girl in the world.

Bree huffs annoyed and rolls her shoulders. She then swivels around her seat quickly to face me and lifts a hand up to my head. Before I can question her, she's knocking the side of my head hard.

I flinch, the left side of my head throbbing slightly in pain. I move my head away from her hand but she only continues.

"What are you doing Bree? That hu—ouch!" I yelp and smack her pale arm away. My eyes narrow annoyed at her. "What the hell?" I hiss and massage the place she kept hitting.

"I was trying to knock some sense into you. Have you been losing brain cells recently or are you in cloud cuckoo land?" She asks, inspecting my face again. This girl.

"Not funny," I deadpanned. "Now tell me, what is going on between you and Harry?"

I smirk slyly when Bree quickly turns away from me and runs a hand through her hair.

"Nothing's going on," she mumbles. I nearly scoff.

"Sure, sure."

"There's isn't anything going on. I don't even like him! So SHUT UP!" Bree suddenly bursts out, her eyes blazing. I jump at her sudden mood change and give her a cautious look.

Where did that come from?

"Uh, Bree? I never said you liked him." I mention. She flickers her eyes to me and I swear I see regret her eyes but then it's gone. She stands up and without uttering another word, she's off.

Something is definitely going on with her and I'm going to find out. 

Word count: 1750

Sorry for the earlier/late update (depending if you thought I would update yesterday). I was on holiday...

Anyways, what do you think? Thoughts on Bree????

I might be able to update tomorrow too! Hehe. But don't hold me to that because I get my exam results. Eek!! 

Until whenever, bye!!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296 20 22
One night labels Summer a cheater. ... Summer's whole life changes after a one-night mistake shatters everything she holds important. She suddenly fi...
178K 4.8K 49
"He rests his forehead on mine and closes his eyes. Instantly, my own eyes flutter shut. I can feel his lips so very near to my own. 'Mia..," he say...
550K 12.1K 90
"This what we have is something I would call the never ending storm,there are moments where you think just because the thunder stops that it's getti...
178K 7.6K 45
I was ruthless and she was was wrecked by her past. I never thought twice of anything but I did of her. I wanted her but she was too scared to ne...