All My Stars | Draco Malfoy.

By shreya_6895

"You're stressed," he whispered, "I am too," his tongue shot out, "why not help each other out?" I groaned lo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 20

2.9K 70 61
By shreya_6895

Chapter 20:

Carina:

The Sunday that followed the raging party Draco threw was so subdued you'd think someone died the day before. But strangely, nobody complained, just trudged out of their beds, supremely hung-over, swiped up potions from their contacts to make them feel somewhat better and doused themselves with homework for the next week.

So when I found myself curled up on the sofa near the fireplace late Sunday night, exhausted after finally finishing the Herbology essay I had been procrastinating all week and a tattered copy of Everything you need to know about Pluto, I was beyond the moon. It was a bonus that the empting Common Room only left a thoroughly engrossed Malfoy behind, his nose tucked under the gleaming copy of The Mysteries of Saturn.

"Now, kids." Blaise said, bringing me out of my reverie and pointed (somewhat, wanton) staring contest with Malfoy's book, "Behave, yourselves."

I scoffed, turning down to my book and ignoring his stupid request, seeing as Draco had barely moved, he hadn't acknowledged the gesture either.

"Oh, Blaise," Pansy murmured, her voice somewhat smug, "They are very busy nerding it out tonight, I really doubt you'd find the Common room in ashes tomorrow."

"Fuck off, Parkinson." Was Malfoy's smart reply.

"Gladly." She replied, pulling Blaise with her as they left us alone. Daphne for all her love for me had retired to bed right after dinner, mumbling about how last night was a tragic mistake and drinking games with Pansy are the worst. I'm just going to take her word for it, because as much as I try, I still cannot piece the night together and I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing either, because I woke up, smelling of pine on Draco's bed, wrapped around him like a vine.

Not that anyone noticed, Pansy was passed out all over Zabini and Daphne had made herself home with Astoria on Nott's bed while he lounged on a blanket bed he made on the floor, Crabbe and Goyle's covers suspiciously missing.

"Hadley." Draco's drawl pierced through my head and I looked up enquiringly, "Come here."

I raised an eyebrow, seeing as my legs were resting on his lap and we were practically next to each other, "I am here?" I asked, cofounded, to which he sighed, setting his glossy book down and wrapping his hands around my ankles, giving me a forceful yank.

"Malfoy I swear-"

"Just get your arse on my lap." He cut me off, sighing as he threw his head on the back of the soda and looked up in frustration. A smirk quirked up my face as I slowly shut my book and retracted my legs.

"What's got your boxers in a twist, Malfoy?" I asked, coyly, calmly taking a seat on him as he regarded me with a heavily guarded, cool gaze.

"Shut up" he muttered, half-heartedly as he leaned in to capture my lips in his, and I sighed at the contact, feeling the familiar drumming in my veins as his hands slid over my body, lips soft against mine and breath coming out in pants.

This was natural, and for some reason over the course of time, I had actually come to use Draco as my own brand of stress reducing potion.

It's not normal, I'm aware.

I'm also hyperaware of the fact that his cold hands were inside my sweater and steadily moving up, as his lips descended down my neck and in that moment I didn't even care that I didn't hate Draco Malfoy at all. I don't even remember why I hated him so much, because his tongue is enough reason to just let that go.

We might've been at it for an hour, or a few minutes, but the only thing that makes us spring apart is the groaning of stone, indicating someone stepping into the Common Room and at breakneck speeds we pick up the first random things our hands get the hold of, Malfoy's glossy book in my hand and him holding a few stacks of parchment as our eyes met over the items and then fell on the oncoming click-clack.

Dumbridge's pink face greeted us as she made a beeline for the noticeboard, hobbling on her pink toed heels, before coming to an abrupt stop, just before she passed us.

Her face very slowly morphed into a smile, "Students." She says in her girly voice, "Why are you both out of bed? It's after hours."

"Professor Umbridge." Draco started easily, a tight smile gracing his face, "Good evening."

Why must we always kiss her arse?

"Good evening, Draco." She said sweetly, then turned her attention to me, her eyes expectant and I almost rolled my eyes, before smiling at her and mumbling a short greeting.

"Well?" she quipped, looking keenly and Draco sighed, shrugging as he glanced at the parchment in his hands.

"Just finishing up leftover homework for the week." He said smoothly. "What bring you here, professor?"

Her smile faltered, and with what looked like great effort she bared her teeth, giving a very off-putting grin as she laughed airily, then turned back to the noticeboard and threw a, "Oh don't mind me, off to bed you both."

A small smirk curved Draco's lips as his eyes met mine and we got up slowly, picking up our books and moving away from the warm fireplace.

"Is that-" Draco's cold drawl pierced through the air as I looked back and found him mid-step staring at something that Dumbridge had put up on the board, a sign that in big black bold letters was glaring at us and dominating over all the other announcements. "Is that a new rule?"

Dumbridge glanced back us with widened eyes, and after realising that we wouldn't move until she gave us an answer, relented with a small smile and squeaked a 'yes'.

Almost instantly we were right beside her, scanning the new order and apart from the very girly gasp that left Malfoy, we gave nothing away.

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All student organisations, societies, teams, groups, and clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An organisation, society, team, group, or club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No student organisation, society, team, group, or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organisation, society, team, group or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor.

Malfoy mirrored my staggered expression as we turned to Umbridge who was smiling quite smugly at her handiwork. I could almost hear the outrage in Draco's mind as I put on an earnest face and tried to get to the bottom of this.

"Does this mean the Charms club needs to get a permission slip, professor?" I asked pleasantly and Draco's expression soured at my question.

"Why, yes." The pink toad said, "Are you in it, dear?"

"No." I said, doing my best to smile sadly, "Had to let it go to focus on my O.W.L's this year." An impressed smiled answered me. "But some of my friends are still in it."

"Well then." She aid in her high-pitched giggle, "Make sure you send them to me first thing tomorrow morning to get the permission."

"But-"

"Are Quidditch teams included in this?" Draco cut me off, his face deadly serious as he regarded her.

"Yes." She replied firmly, but continued smiling as she looked around the darkened room, "But don't you worry Draco, you already have my permission to resume practises." Draco's face morphed into a smug grin. "I would never let my house suffer. Be sure to pick up the permission first thing tomorrow."

"Yes ma'am." He happily obliged, "Do the other teams have permission as well?"

Her face turned stony as she jumped a bit, "No." she said firmly, "They do not." With that she turned around, threw a hasty Good Night and left us behind with such breakneck speeds, I was convinced a pink puff of dust was still floating in the air where she stood.

*

The general outrage that followed the Decree was both ridiculous and suspicious. Ridiculous because I had never seen so many people lose their shit over gobstones, bugs, and Augurey Hans (Yes, Hogwarts has fan clubs), and suspicious because why in the whole wide world would Umbridge care about gobstones, bugs and Augurey Hans?

But of course, anything asked by a Slytherin was automatically given the permission, while I heard the Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Quidditch teams were struggling to re-form.

All we ever achieved from that scenario was a huge ego boost for Malfoy (Because he had to shove it into Potter's face how he got permission before him) and a surprising enlightenment that people loved me.

Not getting ahead of myself, but I want to take credit for re-forming both the Charms club and the Astronomy club. Naturally we never really came to know what caused Umbridge to storm out of bed one night and declare this new decree, but if we had to take a poll, almost everyone at this point hated her.

However, it was a new week and frankly, I couldn't wait for December anymore. I'm definitely not made for the school grind. Sighing, I dumped some porridge in my bowl, just as Malfoy and Zabini took their seats opposite us, looking groggy and disoriented.

"Move over." Pansy grunted, seating herself next to me and I reluctantly moved closer to Daphne, the lethargy that winter mornings bring slowly setting in.

"I can't believe we have double potions today-"

"Hold up." Daphne perked, looking rather fresh, as she waved her fork around, "You had a date this weekend."

If it's possible, Blaise blushed and the effect was instantaneous, everyone was awake now, and a giggle left my lips, "That's right Zabini, how was it?"

Blaise laughed and shook his head, "I'm not telling you guys, it's too early"

"So it didn't go well?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and Daphne pinched my side, giving me a bewildered look. "What?" I cried, rubbing my side, "The only reason why he wouldn't tell is about the date is because it probably wasn't great, was it-?"

"If that's your logic, then the guy you're having sex with wouldn't be that great either." Pansy cut me off, this time making Draco spit out his orange juice.

"Wha-What-?"

Pansy rolled her eyes, "Oh please, you've been getting laid since the second week of school." She said, calmly taking a bite out of her toast, as I gulped, looking at Draco from the corner of my eye, he looked pale. "So let's start with you, then proceed to Malfoy and then go to Blaise."

I have never wanted to kill someone more.

So I blinked, swallowed in whatever little fear I had on my face and turned to Pansy fully, shooting a quick glance at Draco's reddening face, "Well Pans, then I'm going to have to tell you to take a number and shove it back up your arse."

Worked like magic, Pansy's face scrunched up so fast it was comical.

"Back off, Hadley." came Zabini's nurturing voice and I pursed my lips at him, trying to decide if pissing so many people off so many people on a Monday morning was a good thing.

"No." Pansy said, "I demand to know why you've been lying to all of us this past month."

"I'm not lying-"

"Yes, you're just not telling me you found someone." Daphne cut me off, glaring at me with anger. Wait, anger?

"Why are you angry?"

"Because my best friend has been sneaking out almost every night and hasn't even bothered to inform me about it!" Daphne cried, her eyes growing in size and her nostrils flaring. Okay, damage control.

"Look it's not what you think-"

"Even Draco had the courtesy to tell us he's with some Ravenclaw girl." Pansy remarked, oh yeah just gang up on me.

"Guys c'mon!" I cried, then turned to the actual guys sitting opposite us, they looked like they were one step away from bursting into giggles. "Aren't you all going to side me?!"

Draco was the first one to lose it, soon followed by his posse and Zabini.

"You guys are impossible!" I said, getting up hurriedly, "I don't see Draco or Zabini getting the third degree?" and Daphne pulled me down rather roughly.

Zabini shrugged, while Draco just smugly smirked.

"I'm so mad at you." Daphne mumbled, giving me a very disturbing betrayed look.

"This is ridiculous." They were fine 5 minutes ago!

"It's Zacharias Smith, isn't it?" Pansy asked, smirking as she crossed her hands.

"I'm sorry?"

"Smith?" Pansy asked, "The weird Hufflepuff who has been in love with you for years now?"

"What?" I asked, surprisingly followed by Draco and Daphne. Pansy sighed, tucking her dark hair behind her ear as she sneaked a glance up at the yellow-head table, then leaned in and we all followed.

"See the guy seated near the front, blonde hair, long nose?" she asked, and all of us turned in that direction to be greeted with a dirty blonde with a naturally upturned nose.

"Yes." Draco replied and I made a face, Daphne giggled and I raised an eye at her, she just shrugged.

"You always had a thing for blonds." Daph pointed out, checking Smith again and I groaned, my head falling onto the table as I heard all eyes on the table land on me.

"Well well well." Pansy said, "Turns out I'm not that bad as a guesser."

"Yes pans." I said, looking up, "Now you just have to play the guessing game with every other blond in this school. Plus, I don't even know who Zacharias Smith is." I continued, "This is the first time you're pointing him out to me."

A cry went out around us, "Did you hit your head on the headboard too much last night?"

A slow smile curved around my lips and my eyes met Draco's as he smirked and I laughed, "Maybe." I acknowledged, "But carry on."

"Are you serious?" Crabbe asked, looking surprisingly interested as he stopped stuffing his fat cheeks with puff pastry and I nodded.

"Hadley." Zabini started, "You do know that we have Charms with Hufflepuff's right?"

"No, we don't." I said, without missing a beat, "We have Charms with Ravenclaws."

"No, we have Herbology with Ravenclaws." Draco said matter-of-factly as he turned back to the Hufflepuff table to get a second look.

"Okay, fine." I conceded, "Maybe I'm not the best with looking around when we're in Charms."

"No shit." Pansy said, giggling as she nudged my side, "Smith has been eyeing you for years."

"That's creepy Pans."

"I second that." Draco murmured, looking at me and I nodded, "Now let's go ruin Smith's life."

"Why?" Zabini asked, but got up with Draco regardless.

"Because I'm bored and he clearly has boundary issues." Draco called, as we all saw him sliding really close to another Hufflepuff, who for his credit looked like he was used to it.

"We have class in 10." Daphne reminded us and we nodded, still looking at Smith haughtily waving at his food in distaste.

"And Slytherins are called snobby." Pansy echoed as we all shuffled out of the Great Hall and thankfully my sex life.

"Hey Daph." I murmured, as I stopped, "I'm going to make a quick stop, yeah?" making her nod in reply and I drifted off, aiming for the lavatory.

This is getting out of hand, isn't it? We should've stopped when we had the chance. I already know I'm going to obsess over this crap all day now.

"That was awful." I murmured as a cold hand grasped my arm and pulled me into the 2nd floor lavatory.

"I thought it was rather hilarious." A cheeky voice said, as the arm holding me twirled me around to come face to face with the culprit, who was still smiling broadly. I sighed, rolling my eyes as I slumped against him.

"This is getting difficult." I said to Draco's shirt, my voice muffled with his chest, which just rumbled with a laugh.

"If it were easy," Draco murmured into my hair, his hot breath scaling my scalp, "We wouldn't be doing it."

I lifted my head, pursing my lips as I repeated his reasoning in my head, I nodded slowly, he did have a point, "But, we have to be more careful."

Draco rolled his eyes, dropping his head to nuzzle my neck "Yeah," he murmured into my skin, "But isn't it hotter?" then he pressed a kiss right under my earlobe.

I think the sigh that escaped my lips was answer enough, so I just pulled his head up and crashed my lips into his, revelling in the softness of his cold lips against mine and his hands running down my back until a loud splash echoed in the otherwise empty room and we sprung apart like springs, our eyes locking on the last cubicle and Draco turned wide eyed to me, gesturing for the door at once.

"Yoo-hoo!" a sickly sweet voice came as we heard another splash this time in the second last cubicle and my eyes widened, fuck, we were on Moaning Myrtle's holy ground, my hand wrapped around Draco's bicep immediately, steering him towards the door but I didn't need to help him, he was already out and running as another splash bounced on the marble walls of the loo and I braced myself as I slowly made my way to the mirrors, congregated in the centre.

"I knew someone was here." A sugary voice chirped as I eyed Myrtle floating a few feet above me, smiling widely and I gave her a tight lipped smile in return.

"Sorry Myrtle." I murmured, rearranging my hair in the mirror, "I really had to pee."

"No you didn't." she said, giggling as she descend down to my level, "Who was here with you?"

"No one." I replied calmly, fastening my tie, getting ready to get out of here, a high pitched laugh escaped the ghostly girl, and if possible, her face looked down at me, condescendingly.

"I know you all think, Myrtle is alone and tries to seek attention." She said, sniffing and carrying on, "But I'm not stupid! You were here with a boy!"

I sighed, I just need to get out of here before she wails like the freaking banshee she is, "Sure Myrtle, whatever you want." That said I spun around, narrowly avoiding walking through her as I headed for the door and as if on cue her crying started.

This day just keeps getting worse.

First my friends and then a ghost, running up an increasing tally, are we?

*

I should've known something was wrong when I woke up with my legs protesting to function this morning, but no, when do I ever give heed right? By the time we were at lunch, I already knew why I had been so irritable these past few days and also knew that the chances of it lessening were slim to none. So when Charms rolled around, all I was looking forward to was a nice class full of things I actually like. However, as pointed out earlier in the day, my eye did rake over the extra students I usually ignored, dressed to the prim with their yellow badger shining and I shuddered as I took my seat, making Pansy and Daphne giggle.

"I think this is the first time we have seen you look down in Charms." Zabini had remarked from behind and I shot him a scowl, earning another round of laughter as Malfoy took his seat next to Zabini.

But Flitwick, bless him, started the class before any more comments could pass my way and I found myself discreetly looking at the blond seated on the row right next to, within spitting distance. Zacharias Smith sat ramrod straight, with his nose in the air and an expression that said he knew better than everyone else in class.

"You know." I murmured, conspiratorially to Daph, "Smith reminds me of Malfoy." The resulting snort was really not worth it, because someone did flick my hair from the back and I knew Malfoy heard the wonderful observation I made.

"I cannot believe you compared me to that loon." Malfoy huffed, as he took a seat next to me at dinner and I grinned, my gaze darting between the two blonds. "Stop looking at him!" Draco cried, roughly pulling my chin back to him and I rolled my eyes.

"Well I'm not wrong." I defended myself, "You both walk like you own the place and know better than anyone!"

Draco sneered, "In my case, Hadley, I do know better."

"Conceited much?" I asked, earning a roar of laughter as our group jumped into the argument.

"Like you guys aren't" he muttered, piling his plate up, as he pushed me a bit to the side by the hip, still looking peeved and I laughed, extremely pleased at my little comparison.

"Well we aren't as conceited as you!" Daphne said, but she was smiling too and that was all it took for us to launch into elaborate debates on who was the most conceited person the entire dinner, but we all unanimously agreed with Draco nominated Harry Potter for the role and if that doesn't show just how done we are as a school with Potter and his antics I don't know what is.

And that's how we exited the Great Hall, laughing at Zabini's impression of Ron Weasley at the Keeper Tryouts when Draco and I brought up the rear only to notice that everyone had stopped, staring at a trio of Hufflepuffs. "Why have we stopped?" I heard Pansy whisper to Blaise as Draco and I exchanged glances with Smith, his weirdly close touchy friend from this morning and who I want to say is Hannah Abbot?

"Move." Nott said on behalf of all of us as we stood blocking the entrance, but he did look confused.

The trio just stared at us, dumbfounded. "Honestly." Zabini started, "You need to move." he said loudly, "You're kind of blocking the door?"

The girl jumped a bit at Zabini's loud voice and shook her head, then hesitatingly pushed Smith forward, who for the first time did not look smug. "Zac here wants to talk."

"Oh for Merlin's sake." I murmured, slowly, inching behind Malfoy. To his credit, Draco didn't look back or stop me from eclipsing behind him, he just folded his hands behind his back, holding one open for me and I squeezed it, almost silently agreeing with him.

"Well I think." Malfoy said, in his own smug drawl, "That he wants to talk to Hadley."

And while realisation sunk into our friend's eyes, Zac seemed to have gotten his confidence back, like a rubber band being snapped his slumped form straightened to the ramrod stance he preferred and a smirk appeared on his face. It was odd, like it didn't belong there and I'm sure my face twisted in a grimace because one look from Daphne had her grinning.

"Hello." Smith said, his voice pitchy as he started to walk towards me and I sighed as Malfoy started to step away from me, I tried to arrange my face in something at least close to a poker face.

Zabini's on the other hand showed I had failed. Oh well.

"Carina right?" Smith continued, smiling with his pearly whites, "I'm Zac."

I gave him a tight lipped smile and stepped closer to him, before bypassing him all the way and making it out of the hall, the chatter that surrounded me thankfully dimming. I had expected my friends to follow me and for all of us to make it back to the Common Room, but I hadn't expected Smith to scream a wait and basically stop me from even starting for the stairs.

"What?" I asked, irritated as I spied my friends slowly walking into view, with amused expression on their faces, but they kept their distance whereas Smith's friends stood behind him, smiling at me. The blocking the way excuse is gone too now.

"Can we talk?" Smith asked, but went on before I could even answer, "I saw you sneaking glances at me today."

"I beg your pardon?" I asked, why did he sound so proud about it?

He laughed, "I thought it was only expected of me to come introduce myself properly."

I blinked, "Well, you've certainly done that now." I said, trying to sound friendly, "Nice meeting you Hufflepuff, but I'm afraid-"

"Say what are you doing on the next Hogsmeade weekend?" he cut me off, still smiling and I sighed.

"Look, Smith." I said, "I appreciate your surprising guts to ask me out, but I can't-"

"It'll be fun." he said, "We could go to Honeydukes-"

"I don't like chocolate." I said, cutting his off out of spite and prided myself on the way his face fell.

But never to be deterred Smith caught my glances back at my friends and sighed, "Is it because of them?" he asked and I looked back at him.

"My friends?"

"Sure let's call them your friends." he said, shrugging and I blanched.

"Excuse me?" I asked, "Did you just insinuate that they aren't my friends?"

He sneaked a glance back at them, "Well apart from Daphne, the rest are really people who follow the guy you hate."

"And that would be?"

"Malfoy?" he asked, looking confused as I snorted.

"They're my friends." I said, emphasizing the last word clearly.

"Malfoy too?" he asked and I shrugged, "Do you want to go somewhere private to talk?"

"No." I said, and caught Daphne's eye, pleading with her to go, "While I'm flattered the answer is still no."

"Oh c'mon we both know you're just saying it because your friends are here and you have a reputation to maintain." he said, completely oblivious to the way my rag-tag group got closer, well everyone apart from Crabbe and Goyle who disliked leaving the Great Hall before all the food disappeared.

I sighed, "Smith." I said, kicking off the wall I was leaning against to step away from him "My answer isn't changing."

"But you aren't even giving it a fair chance!" he said, stopping my advancement by placing a hand on my shoulder, yanking me back and I bristled, turning around to face him. I smiled and my fingers wrapped around Smith's carefully yanking his hand off me and throwing it back to his side.

"Don't. Touch. Me." I said lowly and started to turn around when he did the exact opposite, pulling my wrist back to face him when I felt arms go around my waist, Draco's cologne invading my senses as he came to stand behind me.

"I think she was quite clear, mate." he drawled, eying the way my wrist was still in Smith's grip.

Smith's eyes widened as he took in our stances, but then he relaxed, tightened his grip on my wrist and he snorted at Draco. "I'm not scared of you Malfoy." he said, "And I think she would prefer my company over yours."

I could hear Draco's sharp intake of breath, but my other hand was already on his forearm as I smiled up at Smith, "Get your hand off me, Smith." I asked, "I will not say it again."

This time he did let it go, but his gaze was locked on the way Draco's stayed on my waist, "No." he said, sounding like he was talking to himself, "I will not let Malfoy bully me from asking you out."

Draco laughed and I sighed, "How thick is your bloody head?"

"Look." Smith said, huffing a bit and sneaking glances at someone behind me, "We both know you the reason you were staring at me all day was because you wanted to talk-"

"No I wasn't-"

"It's fine." He assured me, smirking a bit as he held up his hand, "It's gratifying really-"

"Oh dear Merlin." I murmured, my eyes shutting as I sighed, "Smith." I said firmly, stopping his tirade once and for all, "I don't care about your existence, let me live mine in peace."

"But-"

"Just let this go, mate." Blaise said heavily, shaking his head as he started to walk away, all of us happily getting behind him, giving tight smiles to the Hufflepuffs we accidently bumped into.

For once, Smith stayed silent and I really hope he got the goddamn message because I was tired of the entire ordeal, not to mention my irritation with him had skyrocketed and it had nothing to do with my PMS.

"Can I kill him if he talks to me again?" I asked as we descended down the dungeon steps.

"Yes." Draco replied.

"No." Daphne replied, missing a beat and I sighed.

"You take all the fun out." I whined, as Blaise and Pansy laughed at our antics from the front.

*

I sighed in relief as I finally reached the 7th floor, this is getting horrendous, with the fall rains making almost everything drown out around them, the student saturation level had hit the maximum limit and while I don't usually make it a habit to go around doing errands when I'm on my period, the fact that I had Daphne's Dream Journal was pretty much the reason why I was up here, far away from my warm room in the dungeons on my only free period of the week. I do admit the guilt of hiding the entire Draco thing was soaking me in, but on the other hand I don't think Daphne minded my sweet over-the-top treatment either.

So here I was, slowly making my way down the corridor because going back to the dungeons at this point was impossible, with the cramps I was having. When with just the end in sight a sharp jab of pain, right on my lower abdomen sent me sprawling on the floor with a big grunt.

Maybe I shouldn't have ignored it when Daphne said I could have some of her motherly brewed special pain potion. This has got to be one of my most painful periods ever.

Sliding to rest my back on the stone wall, I sighed, shutting my eyes briefly as the cold wall seemed to work wondered on my heated back. I think I'm just going to stay here for a while. Yeah, that seems nice, just sit still until the pain clears then trek back down and grab some lunch. Perhaps take that blasted potion from Daph too-

"Hadley?" a cold voice interrupted my dreams of a painless afternoon and I opened my tired eyes to see Draco speed walking down the corridor to me, before coming to crouch right in front, "Are you alright?"

I sighed, resting my head back on the wall, "Yeah, just taking a break." I rasped, but I could feel him sliding next to me, his body as cold as the wall we were leaning against.

"You don't look alright." He muttered, making me open my eyes, "You look sick."

"It'll pass." I mumbled, but he was already checking my temperature, making me hiss at the cold contact. We hadn't met up alone for the last couple of days and I thought there was no reason to. I'm on my period, fat chance that'll do anything for either of us.

"You're burning up." He murmured, standing up to kneel in front of me when I shook my head at him.

"I'm fine, Malfoy." I said, my voice firm, "Just need a few minutes, then I'll be down for lunch-"

"You have a really high fever." He cut me off, disapprovingly and I scowled.

"I'm on my period, Malfoy." I informed, "It's painful, don't test me or I'll squeeze your testicles out."

His face paled as I finished, eyebrows scrunching up, before he relaxed, huffed out a breath and laughed. "You're hilarious." Then proceeded to put his hand under my knees and back and pick me up effortlessly.

"Dude, what the fuc-"

"Relax, Rina." He mumbled, as he walked down the corridor to my initial destination, "We can hide in there, Peeves is being particularly nasty with the inkpelets today."

My face scrunched up as he paced the customary three times before the flat wall, "Why are you helping me?"

"Because you look like death." He said, not looking at me, "Open the door, my hands are full."

"Why aren't you in class?" I asked, as we stepped into the beautifully furnished room. But he didn't answer, not until he placed me on the bed and loosened his tie and he sat next to me.

"I had work."

"Like what?"

His face set in harsh lines as he faced me finally, looking as tired as I felt and I vaguely wondered if he had slept the past two nights judging by the light purple rings under his eyes that would otherwise go unnoticed from afar. But with him so close to me and his breath almost fanning my face I could see every detail and I liked to think I have a pretty close memory of his face by now.

"Work work, Hadley." He said quietly, sighing, "Let it go."

I nodded slowly, racking my brains to remember if I had seen him around these past few days, I vaguely recall wanted to talk to him about the Smith incident, but not being able to find him. Of course I was easily distracted by the heavy homework we were dumped with and realised that I hadn't in fact seen him around much.

A small smile lit up my face as I fell back on the fluffy bed, "Malfoy?"

He raised an eyebrow at me in question.

"You were jealous weren't you?" I teased, putting my arms behind my head to support it as his face screwed up adorably.

"Jealous of what?" he asked, scanning my face for hints to which I just smirked.

"Of Smith." I said easily, smiling wider as I saw his expression change to an angry one, his grey eyes glinting.

"Did that prick bother you again?" was his reply but I just laughed.

"You were so jealous." I concluded, as I shut my eyes, satisfied with my answer.

"Jealous of what, Smith?" Malfoy asked, his voice an octave higher, "Why would I be jealous of him?"

That made my eyes pop open and I rolled them at him, his cheeks tinted pink, "Because he touched me."

Draco shook his head, "I'm not jealous, Hadley." He stated, talking fast, "I saw your face and it was uncomfortable. Don't make this into a big deal I still hate you."

I snorted, "I didn't mean it in a romantic way, you know?"

"Then in what?" his frustrated face asked.

And I shrugged, "Don't get me wrong, I still hate you too, your face just got weird when he made a move to touch me-"

"I was just helping out." He said, laying down next to me, but turning to face me, leaning on his right elbow. "Don't make a big deal out of nothing-"

"Fine." I cut him off, "You weren't jealous." We'll just agree to disagree because my need to want you to be jealous is weird and I'm not admitting the reason why.

**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 5.1K 55
"You're such a prick! I knew you hadn't really changed. You're just back to your old ways, torturing me." Harry can still feel Draco's hand around hi...
691 4 13
"The thing you need to understand about Draco Malfoy, is that he was fighting his own war, and he was very good at losing." ** What happens when a Ha...
167K 4.4K 80
{DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER OR THE CHARACTERS AND THEIR DIALOG. IN ONLY OWN MY CHARACTER AND SOME OF THE DIALOG I MAKE UP FOR MY CHARATERS...
2.9M 87.2K 40
It's dark in the closet, I can just vaguely see his features and realise how close we're standing. Like, really close. My chest is toughing his and m...