Broken Trust (Broken Book 3)

By IceQueenofMitera

With the defeat of the Dark Valkyrie and claiming her birthright, Isabel Evans and Derek Hale plan on moving... More

1: Missing
2: Helpful Hunters
3: La Inglesia
4: Young Wolf
5: Runaway
6: Miguel
7: Learning the Truth
8: Heist
9: Searching for Answers
10: Wendigo
11: Planning a Trick
12: Lakehouse Party
13: Change
14: The Deadpool
16: Tracking
17: Mystery
18: Death
19: A Shocking Name
20: Answers
21: An Eventful Test
22: Quarantine
23: Distemper
24: Family Reunion
25: Lindsey's Mystery
26: A Terrifying Plan
27: Under Siege
28: Backfire
29: A Phoenix Rises
30: Ariel
31: A New Dead Pool
32: Bonfire
33: Eichen House
34: Safe Haven
35: Facing the Tiger
36: Survival
37: Terminated
38: Disappearance
39: Road Trip
40: Return to Mexico
41: Evolution
42: New Beginnings

15: Bullies and Valkyries

268 12 17
By IceQueenofMitera

Lindsey and Danny just looked at Isaac.

"Say what?" Lindsey asked.

"The assassin is on the team. Stiles figured out what the marks on Carrie's chest were." Isaac took the end of his lacrosse stick off. "This was the shape."

"So, what? He has a dagger hidden in his stick or something?" Danny asked.

"Yeah."

"What is Scott going to do?" Lindsey asked.

"Play," Isaac answered. "He thinks he's going to go after one of us on the field tonight and that is the best way to catch him."

"By playing bait?" Lindsey said it a little louder than she intended and she looked around. A few students were looking at them.

"Somebody has to be," Isaac said. "It's going to be either, Scott, Kira, me, or Liam, that he's going to be after."

"I am not okay with this."

"I know."

"You know I'm not going to be able to help," Danny said. "I'm going to be in goal."

"I know. Scott knows. We'll be okay."

Lindsey just looked at him and opened her mouth to make another comment when she heard Mason calling Liam's name. She turned her head to see Liam looking like he was on a mission and not liking the look on his face.

Isaac's head whipped around. "We might want to follow him," he said. The three teens followed Liam and Mason out the door. Where the Davenport Prep team was exiting their bus.

"Liam, no!" Mason said.

"Brett!"

A blond-haired kid stopped. He looked to be either a junior or senior. And he wasn't happy to see Liam approaching him.

"Oh, here we go," Mason groaned.

"What's going on?" Lindsey asked.

"It's Liam's old school. He's kinda upset that they're here."

Brett stepped close to Liam.

"I just wanted to say," Liam held his hand out, "Have a good game."

Brett looked at his teammates before they all laughed.

"That's cute, Liam," he said. "Is that what they told you to say in anger management? Apologize and everything's fine? You demolished Coach's car."

Lindsey could tell Liam was struggling to control his anger. She reached out and took his wrist. "Liam," she whispered.

"I paid for it," Liam said.

"Yeah, you're going to pay for it," Brett said. "We're going to break you in half out there. And it's going to be all your fault."

Scott, Stiles, and Isaac suddenly joined them.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Scott said in a low voice. "Let's go."

Stiles stepped between the prep students and Liam. "Hey, what's going on, prep students?" He said.

"Is he shifting?" Lindsey whispered while Stiles distracted everyone by being the welcome wagon.

"Yes. Let go. We'll get him calm."

Lindsey nodded and took a step back as Stiles finished his little speech and the three juniors ran off with Liam.

"I swear to God your friends are weird," Mason said.

"I know."

"Hey." Lindsey turned to see Brett was talking to her. "Tell your little boyfriend that we'll see him on the field."

Lindsey turned to face him fully. She was shorter than he was so she had to look up at him. She put her hands on her hips and looked him in the eye. "One, he's not my boyfriend. And two, maybe you shouldn't provoke him like that. He was only telling you to have a good game. You didn't need to throw it in his face like that." Brett scoffed and Lindsey stepped right up to him. "Don't you even think about instigating his anger problem tonight. People might get hurt and it won't just be you."

Brett looked at her like he was trying to measure her up before he took a step back. He gave her a smirk before walking away with the rest of the team.

"Are we sure you don't have an anger problem?" Mason asked.

"I don't like bullies."

~~~

Isabel grabbed her car keys.

"Heading to the game?" Derek asked.

"Yeah. Scott, Stiles, and Liam figured out who the newest assassin was. I'm heading to the game to help them keep an eye on him and hopefully keep Liam from wolfing out on the field."

"Lovely. Be careful. You're pretty high up on that list."

"I know. I have a feeling he might go after Scott, being number one on the list." Isabel turned to him. "Are you not coming?"

Derek shook his head. "I asked Sean and Chris to help me look into something."

"Your powers." It wasn't a question.

Derek nodded. "I'm hoping maybe Chris can consult his bestiary and find out what's going on with me. Why Kate did this to me. She's his sister after all."

Isabel put her hand on his scruffy cheek. "We'll figure it out. But you need to be careful. I know you've lost your sense of smell and hearing, which will make it easier for someone to sneak up on you. Please, be careful."

"I will." Derek kissed Isabel. "But you do the same. Don't take any unnecessary risks."

They left the loft together, both heading to the school. While Isabel was going to the game, Derek was meeting Chris and Sean there. Isabel hoped they would find a way to reverse what had been done to Derek.

~~~

Dominic scanned the crowd on the Beacon Hills side. He could sense quite a few supernaturals there, four on the team. The Davenport Prep team walked over to their side of the field. He took his eyes off of the other side long enough to stop Brett. "Brett," he said. "A word?"

Brett nodded and stepped aside with Dominic. "Yeah?"

"Leave that Liam kid alone tonight. You can smell it as well as I can sense it."

"But he destroyed Coach's car."

"I realize that, but with how angry that boy is, provoking him as you did earlier will get people hurt. Do you want that?"

Brett sighed. "No."

"I didn't think so. Focus on...," Dominic trailed off, sensing another Valkyrie. He turned back towards the Beacon Hills side. She was standing by two of the wolves and the kitsune, conversing with them. Her long brown hair reached her mid-back and was hanging loose as she brushed it over her ear. He'd known her mother and he couldn't believe how much like her she looked.

"Dominic?" Dominic's attention went back to Brett. "I gotta get geared up. I'll talk to you after the game."

Dominic nodded. Turning back to the last of the Evans family. She was now looking at him and he had no doubt she'd sensed him as well as he'd sensed her. He turned and went into the stands.

Lindsey and Mason went down to talk to Liam. Liam was staring daggers at Brett as he was talking to a man with dark hair that was going white at the temples. The man seemed to be distracted by something before Brett joined his teammates. He caught sight of Liam and returned the dagger stare as he pulled his shirt over his head to change it.

"I don't care if he's a foot taller than me," Liam said, before turning toward his friends. "I think I can take him."

"Do you think that's really a good idea?" Lindsey asked.

Mason was staring at Brett. It took him a moment to realize that Liam had stopped talking. "Yeah."

Liam looked back at Brett as Mason continued to stare. Lindsey tried to hide the smirk on her face.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked.

"What? Me?" Lindsey snickered and Mason scoffed. "Agreeing with you. I'm being agreeable."

"Yeah." Liam looked back at Brett. "You think he's hot, don't you?"

Lindsey burst into laughter.

"No!" Lindsey laughed harder. "Not at all! No way!"

"Really?"

"Lindsey, you're not helping my case here!"

"Just admit it. You think he's hot," she said.

"Okay, maybe. A little."

"He wants to destroy me," Liam reminded his best friend.

"I think you could definitely take him."

"Please don't encourage him," Lindsey said.

"And then give him to me." Lindsey and Liam looked at Mason before all three started laughing. "But seriously, just go out there and kick their smug prep school asses." Liam and Mason fist-bumped.

"Alright."

Mason headed to the stands.

"Don't get too angry out there, okay?" Lindsey said. "I don't want you to hurt anyone."

"I'll be okay as long as Scott's on the field."

"I'll be in the stands. If you can't find Scott, look for me."

Liam nodded. "I'll be okay."

Lindsey smiled before he headed over toward the other players and she headed towards the stands.

Isabel walked over toward the teens as they conversed. "You know you guys might be on your own if he tries anything on the field," she said.

"I know," Scott answered. "Where's Derek?"

"Helping Chris and Sean with something. Peter's around here somewhere."

"My dad is on his way," Stiles said. "I think Malia and Lydia are on their way too."

"I wish we knew who he was after," Isaac said, adjusting his glove.

"So do I." Isabel's eyebrows suddenly knit together and she looked up. She could sense an extra wolf. And strangely, another Valkyrie. She looked across the field to the other team. The blond-haired boy that she could sense was a wolf was heading towards the bench. But it was the Valkyrie that her eyes lingered on. At that distance, she couldn't make out details. He had dark hair with white at the temples. He looked toward her before walking towards the stands.

"Isabel?" Scott asked. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." She decided not to tell them about the other Valkyrie in case he was a Dark. They had enough to worry about without worrying about another possible Valkyrie skirmish.

"Let's go!" Coach shouted. "Let's go! Come on!"

"Be careful," Isabel said.

Scott ran up to Coach and conversed with him. Isabel looked over at the other players.

"The blond kid," Isaac whispered. "Number 7."

Isabel nodded.

"Hey, Liam! Think fast!" One of the other players threw a lacrosse ball at him and his reflexes caught the ball. The players started heading onto the field. The wolf on the other team locked eyes with Isabel. She glanced towards Garrett, then back at the wolf, giving him a slight nod before walking back towards the stands.

Dominic watched the exchange, glancing over towards the boy Isabel had indicated. There was nothing remarkable about him and he was no supernatural. Then it dawned on him. She knew who had killed Demarco and Carrie and was warning Brett, having sensed that he was a wolf. Before Dominic could do anything, the whistle blew, signaling the start of the game.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
28.7K 819 28
The story about the murderous brutal girl from district 2, who deep, deep inside had a heart and a life.
104K 2.1K 36
Raven. The only thing she remembers. Raven wakes up in the box just like every other person entering the glade. There's just one thing different. Sh...
9.4K 314 45
There's one man who had it all. He had his friends. His favorite job. Like everything. But what happens when things take an unexpected turn when he...