Kuroshitsuji: The Contract fr...

By ella_terasu

She never knew what it would be like to wonder about Heaven, or how it would be if she were to burn in Hell... More

Prologue: The DelMare Estate
[1] Her Butler, Tactful
[2] Her Butler, Aware
[3] Her Butler, Chance Encounter
A/N [1]
[4] Her Butler, Chance Encounter || 2
[5] Her Butler, Curious
[6] Her Butler, At The Funeral
[7] Her Butler, Avaricious
[8] Her Butler, Defamed
[9] Her Butler, Hunting
[10] Her Butler, Betrothed
[11] Her Butler, Tricked
[12] Her Butler, Entertained
[13] Her Butler, Retold
[14] Her Butler, Soul Bending
[15] Her Butler, Trailing
[16] Her Butler, Trailing || 2
[17] Her Butler, Lecturing
[18] Her Butler, Lecturing || 2
[19] Her Butler, Competitive
[20] Her Butler, Ashamed
[21] Her Butler, Spiced
[22] Her Butler, Critiqued
[23] Her Butler, Hurt
[24] Her Butler, Traumatized
[25] Her Butler, At The Crystal Palace
[26] Her Butler, Evicted
[27] Her Butler, Deep Frying
[28] Her Butler, Victorious
[30] Her Butler, Invited
[31] Her Butler, On Edge
[32] Her Butler, Seasick
[33] Her Butler, Whacked
[34] Her Butler, Reunited
[35] Her Butler, Stretching The Truth
[36] Her Butler, Connecting
[37] Her Butler, Unconcerned
[38] Her Butler, Mislead
[39] Her Butler, Sickened
[40] Her Butler, Tragically In Love
[41] Her Butler, Tragically In Love || 2
[42] Her Butler, Torn
[43] Her Butler, Recruited
[End] Book II Announcement

[29] Her Butler, Tearful

1.2K 59 3
By ella_terasu

Children ran up and down the corridors, covered in bows and pretty pale colors from head to toe as they smiled wide at the curry samples at their disposal. Curry buns in hand, they ran happily without a spill in sight.

On the other hand, the mess that the homage bleu made when the children tried to eat it was more than enough to display which dish was the superior one.

West seemed shocked.

"The DelMare's curry requires no utensils, and is easily accessible and edible for anyone, regardless of class or age." Her Majesty explained, smiling fondly. "Even children are taken into account with this dish.

Everyone is joyed, from the rich, the poor, the adults and children... everyone is equal. This type of path is essential for Great Britain as it heads into a new century. I highly approve and am proud of the DelMare Industry for accounting for future; the children."

She raised her hand and turned to face the crowd, smile wide as she announced the final verdict meanwhile Ciel and I watched apprehensively.

"Which is why I have chosen the DelMare Industry as the victor!"

An uproar of cheers erupted from the servants as well as the audience, and Ciel finally smiled in approval, tipping his hat with a quick turn to begin weaving himself out of the crowd.

Immediately, on stage West crumbled to the floor, banging the ground desperately with his fist as he repeatedly mumbled dreaded 'hows' into the air. I couldn't help the small laugh that bubbled out from me and spun on my heel to go and follow Ciel, tapping Salvador's shoulder to let him know that we were leaving.

"You should be rather proud." Ciel told me as we reached a small square of flowers, leaning against it in wait. "What your butler did there was quite impressive."

Smiling, I shrugged and opened my mouth to respond when Prince Soma's loud shout that echoed through the palace's glass walls stopped me.

"MINA?!"

I froze.

There was a woman standing feet before the Prince and I blinked. So this lady, with long, flowing dark hair, bronzed skin and large grey eyes was the woman Soma had been searching so desperately for. Dressed in a red bindi, golden jewelry, a simple dark-pink sari with a light-pink shawl, she seemed to depict Indian beauty at its finest.

She certainly was beautiful, but her eyes did not glow with the same beauty as she did.

"I've finally found you!"

There was a crunch besides me and I turned to see Ran-Mao munching on a curry bun, watching the scene unfold with a blank stare.

Again, Soma cried out her name in pure joy and enveloped her in a large embrace, burying her into his arms as he recalled the details of his journey searching for her. She however, stayed silent and rather unmoved by the reunion, puzzling me a great deal.

"There is no need for you to worry anymore, it's time for us to go back home!" Soma exclaimed, eyes brimmed with tears.

I furrowed my brows at her lack of response.

"Prince..."

Agni's knees hit the ground, and at that moment I knew that she did not have any intentions of going back to India.

"Are you some kind of bloody fool?"

The color from Prince Soma's face was drained and I gasped at her blatant rudeness, almost speaking up for him in his defense when Ciel stopped me, shaking his head. I then turned back and saw that Mina had taken a few steps back from Soma and was now shouting at him, arms extended in anger.

"Who do you think you are, coming all this way just to get in the way of others?!"

She stood in front of West as though defending him from any further shame, but it was a bit too late for that.

"Come home with you? Don't make me laugh, Prince! What kind of home was that to me?"

The pained look Soma had as Mina continued to shout awful realities struck a chord in my chest, my own eyes beginning to brim with tears as I stayed in my place. Even Ciel seemed to have been touched because his lips were now pursed as he glanced from Agni and Soma in comprehension.

Agni had known all along that Mina never intended on returning with them.

"I didn't want to live my entire life tied to the social position I was born into." She hissed maliciously, eyes narrowed. "And then, finally, I got my ticket out of India!"

Prince Soma blinked, finally snapping out of his hurt trance to respond with an empty murmur. "So you willingly came here with West..."

"That's right. Life as a servant? Or a rich man's wife? Even a child knows which is better."

My fists clenched at my sides, teeth now gritting as she kept spitting arrows at Soma's heart.

"Besides... I've had more than enough of babysitting a selfish brat like you!"

The final blow was dealt and I began to once again try and argue with her myself, taking a step forward with fists now ready to throw when an arm swiftly wrapped itself around my middle, pulling me back with a quick yank as I was left to watch Soma respond to her cruel poison dipped words.

"Let him learn." Ciel whispered to me, letting me go.

Despite the incredible urge to ignore him and proceed with my intentions, I sighed and gave a slow nod. He was right after all. Soma would never learn if there was always someone there to defend him.

Thus his next words brought proud smirks to our faces.

"I'm sorry."

Agni's sobs were halted and Mina's eyes widened.

"We were together all the time, but I didn't understand how you were feeling at all... forgive me for chasing you to Great Britain without stopping to think about the trouble I would be causing you."

With a raise of his head, Soma gave Mina a saddened smile, as though he was reminiscing his past few days with the sorrowful realization that he had been careless in his actions.

I was touched.

"And also... I thank you for all you've done for me till now."

With a swift motion and not a glance back, he moved past her, fists closed as began walking up the steps of the stage, smile warming and eyes shining brilliantly with newfound comprehension and understanding.

"I've always passed the blame on to other people. My being alone in the palace Father and Mother's fault. Mina going away was West's. But the reality was different."

He continued on past Rodric, who raised an eyebrow at his curious behavior.

"I, who did nothing but complain while sponging off my parents, was truly the one at fault. And who would love such a brat. However..." Now at Agni's feet, Prince Soma looked down at him with such appreciation, eyes becoming tearful once more as he spoke to his butler now directly. "However, you remained by this foolish Prince's side... You continued to do so, even after you left me. Forgive me for making you shoulder such heavy burdens all this time."

Tears began to run down Agni's cheeks again and I myself quickly took hold of the handkerchief Yuki was holding out to me, dabbing my eyes gently and ignoring Ciel's glare.

"Would you come back to myself and be my khansama again?" Soma stretched his hand out and a sob broke through Agni's clenched teeth. "Agni?"

The soft drips of tears hitting the stage floor and chocked back sobs kept everyone still as we awaited for his response, which was nothing other than the usual Hindi answer I had become used to.

Taking his hand, Agni stood up and bowed deeply to Soma, taking in a shuddering breathe as he spoke lowly to his master once more.

"...Jo aagyaa..."

Instantly, the twins began to sob rather violently behind us and Yuki immediately went on to start scolding them with quick whacks of her fan, ignoring the aww's from the audience as the Indian duo made their way towards us, now in peace. Finny beamed happily along with Baldroy, Salvador and Mey-Rin, who was also busy wiping away Ran-Mao's face since she had crumbs from the curry bun scattered everywhere.

I smiled.

"It seems like somehow everything has turned out for the best, hasn't it?" I said, clasping my hands together with a relieved sigh, glad that the drama was now over and done with.

Ciel rolled his eyes at my emotional state, but the Queen Herself intervened at his lack of response at once.

"Is that not a wonderful thing, my boy?"

The servants froze.

Baldroy, Mey-Rin and Finnian began echoing the Queen's words in utter confusion as I hid my chuckles, enjoying Ciel's flabbergasted state of embarrassment. I should have known that he was too high and mighty to take a liking to the Queen's nicknames she gave out.

With burning cheeks and fumbled movements, Ciel began to protest.

"Your Majesty, I have humbly implored you to stop referring to me as such..."

Grey smirked and crossed his arms.

"But no matter what, you will always be a sweet little boy to me," the Queen said happily before turning to me with outstretched arms. "You don't mind at all, do you, ma petite chou?"1

Flashing Ciel a smug smirk, I shook my head and curtsied, smile wide.

"Non, votre Altesse." 

Clearing his throat, Ciel spoke with gaze averted.

"What brings you out this way, your Majesty?"

"I was on my way to attend Saint Sophia Academy's choir concert." She explained with a smile, stepping up towards us. "But then I was told my little darling's company was partaking in the curry festival --and being accompanied by my boy-- and so I quickly made my way here."

As I continued on smiling at the Queen for Her sweetness and caring nature, I couldn't help but glance at Grey quickly, knowing good and well that him and Phipps were to blame for her insight on our business.

"You both always refused to work with others... and now here you two are finally in alliance." Her Majesty continued on, "It's so touching to see you both become closer and so I wanted to see for myself."

Taking off his top-hat, Ciel sighed heavily and shook his head.

"You should not be around the likes of us very often, your Highness." he muttered lowly, to which I had to painstakingly agree to with a bow of my head.

Our duties to the Queen were dangerous and not meant to be seen by the public eye to ensure safety among Great Britain. Even myself as the Queen's Snake, allowed to maneuver Underground and above as well to fulfill my tasks, was still bound to keeping exposure to a minimum. That being said, the perils that we came across daily were not meant to be espied by Her Majesty in order to assure Her safety.

"Please, don't say such things." the Queen said softly, placing a hand on Ciel's shoulder as her other hand held my own. "Besides that, it has been such a long time since I've visited the Crystal Palace. It seems like only yesterday Albert and I would come here for opening ceremonies..."

The Queen again fell to the floor in a crumpled mess of tears and misery, fazing Ciel and I slightly as Grey went over to comfort her with the Albert doll once again, pulling the string of the small toy so it would recite its usual comforting phrases.

I supposed Lau was right, in a way; we certainly had a unique Queen.

-

1.) "...ma petite chou?" means My little sweet in French

2.) "Non, votre Altesse."  means No, your Highness  in French 

-

...My Countess orders, I obey; Anyone who dares interfere, will have Hell to pay...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95K 3.9K 34
Ciel Phantomhive feels nothing, anymore. Not a single thread of empathy clung to the young demon. He chuckles to himself as he remembers that Sebat...
109K 2.7K 19
Sebastian + Demon Reader: You're a demon so bad that you were kicked out of hell by Satan himself. When Sebastian and his young master, Ciel, end up...
1.7K 31 21
Ciel finds out that he has to work with the Queens Wolf and he is not happy about that. He has heard rumors that the redhead is hard to work with and...
45.9K 988 38
In modern day society y/n is trying to fit in, but ever since she met Ciel Phantomhive, a long living Earl things have only gotten harder. From child...