Kuroshitsuji: The Contract fr...

Oleh ella_terasu

She never knew what it would be like to wonder about Heaven, or how it would be if she were to burn in Hell... Lebih Banyak

Prologue: The DelMare Estate
[1] Her Butler, Tactful
[2] Her Butler, Aware
[3] Her Butler, Chance Encounter
A/N [1]
[4] Her Butler, Chance Encounter || 2
[5] Her Butler, Curious
[6] Her Butler, At The Funeral
[7] Her Butler, Avaricious
[8] Her Butler, Defamed
[9] Her Butler, Hunting
[10] Her Butler, Betrothed
[11] Her Butler, Tricked
[12] Her Butler, Entertained
[13] Her Butler, Retold
[14] Her Butler, Soul Bending
[15] Her Butler, Trailing
[16] Her Butler, Trailing || 2
[17] Her Butler, Lecturing
[19] Her Butler, Competitive
[20] Her Butler, Ashamed
[21] Her Butler, Spiced
[22] Her Butler, Critiqued
[23] Her Butler, Hurt
[24] Her Butler, Traumatized
[25] Her Butler, At The Crystal Palace
[26] Her Butler, Evicted
[27] Her Butler, Deep Frying
[28] Her Butler, Victorious
[29] Her Butler, Tearful
[30] Her Butler, Invited
[31] Her Butler, On Edge
[32] Her Butler, Seasick
[33] Her Butler, Whacked
[34] Her Butler, Reunited
[35] Her Butler, Stretching The Truth
[36] Her Butler, Connecting
[37] Her Butler, Unconcerned
[38] Her Butler, Mislead
[39] Her Butler, Sickened
[40] Her Butler, Tragically In Love
[41] Her Butler, Tragically In Love || 2
[42] Her Butler, Torn
[43] Her Butler, Recruited
[End] Book II Announcement

[18] Her Butler, Lecturing || 2

1.6K 67 3
Oleh ella_terasu

It was dark. No light shone past the ripped, expensive drapes that adorned my nailed shut window, but I didn't mind since for months now, I was usually only awake during the night. Sometimes when it was daytime, I could walk around to make sure my body was functioning just as much as it should. But that only happened around once a week. The flower was there on the wall again, bright and beautiful, making me smile as I traced its petals with my dirty finger. My finger touched something sticky as I reached the last petal, and I cringed as tears began to form in my eyes.

I don't remember why I'm so alone.

I stretched my neck to try and look over to the only entrance to my room and I winced at the stinging pain as I did so. My fingers raised to my collarbone, and I could feel bits of torn, raw flesh hanging from my neck, explaining the throbbing discomfort. Can't call for Mother. Can't ever call for Father.

My legs adjusted themselves, and a long length of rope fell from the bed and onto the floor with a loud thump. I jumped and stared wide-eyed at the doorway, expecting someone to come in and yell for the noises I was making. The doorknob turned, and the tall silhouette of a man made me breathe shakily, but then a second shadow made itself visible. Then two more. And another.

"Adelina?"

-

"Adelina?"

I sighed heavily and glanced up, seeing Soma and Rodric and remembering where I was.

"I... I don't remember exactly how my parents died," I slowly explained, "All I remember is water, and that it wasn't their fault..."

I clenched my jaw and turned away, flattening out the front of my dress to distract me from an oncoming headache I always seemed to get whenever I tried to recall memories from the past.

"I hit my head when the carriage flipped over into the lake so everything's a haze, and by the time Rodric knew what had happened, I was clutching onto my life by thin strings."

I glanced up at the demon, and he looked away. It must be rather embarrassing for a devil to fail and be fooled by humans so easily.

"It had been planned from the start: drive the butler away, and then sabotage the carriage ride. The DelMare's would drown with an ironic death."

Seeing Soma's confusion, I cleared my throat and clarified, raising a hand. "DelMare means 'of the sea' in French."

After seeing him nod, I continued.

"After being taken home, the manor and I vowed to never rest until whoever had tried to eradicate the DelMare's was six feet underneath, broken and suffocated... Which is why I occupy myself in doing the Queen's work in order to fulfill my parent's industry just as they would have wanted while gathering information on their murderers from the Underground."

Soma's eyes were wide. "But if you don't even remember--"

Cutting him off, I shook my head and smiled softly, already having predicted that he wouldn't understand.

"You see, even if I don't remember the exact events that happened, the pain, agony, and misery have always been prominently clear. And I will never forgive them for it. Whatever you feel as though you need to accomplish, do so by giving your all. And so you should follow in wise words from my father." I said, closing my eyes and walking up to him.

"If you aren't proving your worth, do so, because triumph and fools do not go together."

A hand fell on my shoulder and I glanced back, seeing Ciel and Sebastian patiently waiting for me and Prince Soma.

"We were wondering what was taking so long," Sebastian said with a smile. "since the sun is about to rise."

I sighed and nodded, walking away from the group in fatigue with my eyes closed as I held my dress up one hand.

"My boring speech is over, it's time for a late night snack," I announced, and I began to walk down the stairway to head into the kitchen when someone called my name, causing me to pause and look back up. Ciel and Soma were at the top of the staircase looking down at me, and Soma hurried to catch up while Ciel took his time, yawning.

"Wait," Soma panted, flushed,"I-I'm so embarrassed..."

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Ciel raised an eyebrow and walked up to stand beside me, obviously uninterested.

"I'm seventeen, but I'm still a great fool next to Ciel and you." he said, his eyes closed as he spoke, "I was a spoiled child in the nest that my parents granted me... and never once tried to understand others."

Prince Soma ran a hand through his hair and continued.

"I knew Agni was troubled, but I didn't even try to talk to him about it..." he admitted, and Ciel rolled his eyes, but I shook my head, indicating to let him continue.

"But now, I want to know. I want to confront them and ask them why they left my side," he said, suddenly looking up at us and extending his hands, "So please! Please let me join you in--"

"I refuse," Ciel stated flatly, raising his hand to stop Soma from coming any closer. Flabbergasted, Soma stood paralyzed in his spot while I began to laugh, bending over and clutching my stomach at the audacity Ciel seemed to carry wherever he went. Both butlers came down to see what was so amusing, but the sight must have been rather confusing because they stood with eyebrows raised, a bit concerned.

"Honestly, I apologize. It's just that I cannot have such a child pestering me wherever I go," Ciel said, and turned away, motioning for me to follow. As I did, continuing to giggle, he spoke again. "That being said, my door is always open."

A few more steps later, two arms suddenly wrapped themselves around our necks and we jumped, exclaiming out in surprise.

"Gah!"

"You both are so amazing!" Soma cried out, nuzzling his cheek against ours as he continued to hug is tightly, and I began to flail, my skin beginning to flush.

"You should have kept your mouth shut!" I whined, finally escaping Soma's grip with a pant. As soon as we managed to maintain our personal space once more, Soma joined his hands together and bowed his head towards us, and Ciel smirked.

"I apologize for my earlier behavior when I snapped," he said, and glanced at me, abruptly falling to his knees and clasping onto my dress while he held back tears, causing me to jump in surprise, "PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR HAVING PLACED YOU IN DANGER!!"

Flinching, I nodded and patted his head awkwardly, before shaking him off while he continued to sniffle in sadness.

"Apology accepted, Prince Soma..." I said with a small smile.

"And..."

Soma rushed to hide behind Ciel and looked over his shoulder, glancing at Sebastian and Rodric in comical fright.

"...I apologize t-to you both as well..."

My smile widened, and I gave another laugh before waving once more to everyone, beginning to go and find some morsel to eat just as I had been doing before.

"We still a number of things to discuss, my Lady," Sebastian lightly reminded me, "If food is what you're craving, then please allow me to satisfy your yearnings by preparing a light meal for you."

I pursed my lips in a frown before sighing, walking past them and into the parlor once more, ignoring Lau's bright smile as we all filed back into our original positions.

"Let us continue our little chat from before his Highness's interruption," he said, waving his long sleeves towards the now unorganized tea set that laid on the table before us. Again, I made myself comfortable on the seat by the fire and raised my cup, waiting for Rodric or Sebastian to fill it as I waited for my snacks. Ciel began to speak and I sipped the hot tea carefully, savoring the Earl Grey flavor.

"Firstly, we can safely assume that West must have put Agni up to the aforementioned incidents," he stated calmly, "with his physical abilities, it would be easy for him to do everything alone."

Sebastian began to serve Prince Soma his own tea and I smirked widely to see him now absolutely horrified to be near either of our butlers, as it should be.

"West mentioned a 'three-year plan' that will be 'successfully executed in a weeks time--"

"And don't forget him mentioned his 'absolute need for Agni's right hand'," I added quickly, cutting Rodric off.

Lifting his tea cup, Ciel nodded and brought up an important note. "The most crucial factor here is this 'one week' later deadline."

"If West is using Agni's 'right hand of God', perhaps they plan to raid a major event?" Lau offered, but I shook my head at his suggestion.

"It being now winter, the large scale functions have all ended," I reminded them all, "and the Queen's Golden Jubilee was held just last year."

Hand now at his chin, Ciel raised an eyebrow and looked to Sebastian.

"What events will be held in London a week from now?"

"A week?" Sebastian echoed, and Rodric spoke, eyes closed as he held the teapot in his hand cautiously.

"There's the choir concert sponsored by Saint Sophia Academy at West Minister Abbey." he said, and then Sebastian followed suit.

"Wagner at the Royal Opera House in Convent Garden..."

"...an exhibition of Indian culture and its prosperity within the Empire at the Crystal Palace..."

"...and an exhibition of world currencies at the British Museum--"

"--India?"

At Ciel's interruption, Sebastian shook his head in disappointment, eyes shut.

"Young Master, a gentleman must read all correspondence addressed to him, no matter what the contents."

I smiled and shrugged, happy to not have been given the same lecture since I had committed the same error.

"Just shut up and give me the details," Ciel growled, and Sebastian chuckled.

"The exhibition of Indian culture and its prosperity in the British Empire will be held at the Crystal Palace next week. The main exhibit will feature Great Britain's achievements and industry in India," he explained, and Rodric clicked his tongue, raising his finger in realization.

"A curry fair will be held as part of the program. And I'm rather positive that Lord Phantomhive had received an invitation to be a special judge at the fair because my Lady had declined."

"In short, the show has several companies competing with one another to see who makes the best curry," I explained, "there is a wide-spread rumor that the Queen, who loves curry, will come and observe as well."

Lau smiled softly and closed his eyes, leaning his arm on the armrest. "It seems everything is quite clear now."

And for once, I felt as though Lau was right. Even a fool could understand the situation now. I felt rather silly myself, because how could I not have seen this sooner? Or more so, how did the demons not know about it sooner?

"Yes," Ciel said, nodding slowly, "as West covets brands and titles, he would only think of one thing..."

Ciel continued to speak, now a bit agitated. As he kept pointing out the obvious clues that we all missed, I glanced to the side and saw that Prince Soma was listening to each of our words rather intently, eyes demonstrating complete bafflement.

"I can't believe how simple--"

"Hey, wait!" Soma suddenly exclaimed, frightening Ciel and me, "I don't understand what's going on, explain it to me!!"

Immediately, I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head, aware of how rude we were being by completely forgetting that someone, who was not of our culture, was in our presence, and we had neglected to explain anything yet.

"Quiet down your Highness," Lau assured with a smile, "You will receive your explanation in due time..."

I adjusted myself in my seat and nodded, waving my hand towards the Chinese aristocrat in appreciation.

"Thank you, Lau, how--"

"From Lord Earl!"

Once again, I fell back into my chair and shut my eyes, my temples now throbbing in agitation. I should have known by now that Lau never knew anything.

-

...My Countess orders, I obey; Anyone who dares interfere, will have Hell to pay...

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

357K 10.6K 37
Would you be willing to go through Hell to get your happily ever after? --- "Sebastian, do not come any closer to me," I whispered. He ignored my ple...
45.9K 988 38
In modern day society y/n is trying to fit in, but ever since she met Ciel Phantomhive, a long living Earl things have only gotten harder. From child...
146K 4.4K 35
What if Ciel didn't made a deal with one demon, but instead he made a deal with two demons? Expect this one demon is special...meet (Y/n) (L/n), a sp...
526K 13.5K 33
Hybrid!Male reader x Ciel Phantomhive. Claude is on the look out for a new master that isn't as bratty as the last one, he finds the perfect one out...