PROJECT PRINCESS

By souneique

Read? More

PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
Comments
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
New book
17
18
Instagram !!
19
Characters
20
How did yall find this book??
21
22 pt.1
22 pt.2
Ayeee ❀️
23
24
25
26
Listen here
27
28
Epilogue
πŸ™„πŸ˜‚
Go read ❀️

10

56.2K 2.7K 996
By souneique

Kelly

When I noticed Marcus walk through the door I was shocked. This man could come bowling to have fun but ignore my bestfriend.

I wish Courtney was here.

I pulled out my phone to call Courtney and let her know. I pressed her name , the phone rung and rung until I pressed the red button.

She was probably sleep.

"Damn Courtney" I said as I put my phone back into my pocket. "What you want your name to be set up as Kelly?" Warren asked.

"Just put Kelly" I said taking off my bomber jacket.

Marcus and prince approached the table. "What's good" Marcus and warren gave each other daps. He looked at me and his eyebrows raised.

""Mhm" I said looking him up and down. If Courtney don't respond to me by the end of this event I'll take things into my own hands.

I'm tired of seeing my bestfriend stressed.

———————
Courtney

I laid in the hospital bed staring at the white wall. I felt empty, hurt , embarrassed, and ashamed.

"It's so plain in here, they need to add some color or something" my mom said before clearing her throat.

I closed my eyes, letting the tears that were building up come out. I silently cried not wanting my mom to hear.

What did I do wrong? What did I do to deserve this. I never once doubted having my baby. I never once wanted to get rid of my baby. So why did this have to happen to me?

The doctor came into the room causing my eyes to shoot open. I looked at her, she had a smile on my face which instantly pissed me off.

"Hello Courtney and Mom" she said walking closer my bed. "So, ill start off by saying I'm sorry for your loss, and I know you would've been a great mom."

I didn't smile, nor respond. I was on mute.

"Ok. Let's talk about why this miscarriage happened. The cause of your miscarriage is weakness of your cervix. This is normally called incompetent cervix, this is when you cannot hold a baby."

I quickly looked at her. "So I can never have a baby?"

"Well, incompetent cervix usually leads to premature delivery and in the case miscarriage"

"So is there any way we can treat this? Or is this untreatable?" My Mom asked shuffling in her seat. I looked over to her then looked back to the doctor.

"Since Courtney's pregnancy wasn't brought to us for we could spot weak cervix during the pregnancy we couldn't do a cerclage. That's when we would perform a procedure which sews the cervix closed to reinforce the weakness of it, that's the only thing we'd do to prevent the premature birth or lost of a baby"

I bit my lip."how far along was I?"

"You were about one month" she smiled to me.

"Thank you doctor, is that all we need to know? Or are we ready to head out" my mom asked.

"That's all I needed to inform you guys on today unless you've got anymore questions for me. But Courtney will need to stay for another day or so for we can run test on her for any infections"

The doctor stayed a few more minutes talking to us , then she left.

The room was silent. I began biting on my nails  

"When were you going to tell me Courtney?" My Mom came out of the blue and said.

"I-I don't know" I quietly said.

"I'm not mad at you , I'm more so mad about you not telling me I had a granddaughter or grandson on the way. We could've prevented this whole downfall from happening Courtney"

I bit my lip. So hard to the point I think It burst. Those word hit me real hard. I felt terrible about this. A human being is gone. That human being would've been my child.

And it's gone.

—————

Kelly

After hours of bowling we were on our last round and I was winning. "Ahhh" I said sticking my tongue out as I made another strike.

"Boom niggaaa" I said getting in warrens face since he was about to catch up and I went up.

He smacked his lips and rolled his eyes. "Aight bet watch this". Riley shook her head and smiled. "Babe don't embarrass yourself"

He shook his head."Nah Riri I got this".

He went to the alley and kissed the ball."we got this". He rolled the ball but it went in the gutter.

"Ayeeee" I got up and began jumping around since I just won the game." Whose bad? I'm bad and I just beat all y'all ass"

Warren went to Riley and pouted on her shoulder. She wrapped her arms around his neck. "It's ok Warren"

"Uhun" I said wagging my finger. "Where my 50? Remember that."

They betted whoever won got 50 dollars. That's why I tried my hardest. Cause I know I'm broke.

He dug into his pocket and handed me 50 dollars. "Thank you brobro"

I went over to where my stuff was at and pulled out my phone. Still no call from Courtney but I had a text from her mom saying their at the hospital.

My heart dropped.  I looked up seeing Marcus talking to some girl at a different table. He stopped playing the second round since he lost.

I rolled my eyes and pressed Courtney's Mom contact. I put the phone up to my ear listening to it ring.

After a couple of times ringing she answered. "Nykell, hey baby what you doing right now?"

"Nothing I'm at the bowling alley...is everything alright? You know ok?"

"Yea everything's fine. We're at the hospital because...well Courtney had a miscarriage."

My eyes shot open. "Forreal? That's why she wasn't answering...is she okay? Can I talk to her?"

My heart was racing and I was feeling bad for my bestfriend.

"You know what. Mommy text me what hospital you at and all that info. I'll find my way up there but I'm about to Handle something. If I call you from jail please come get me" I hung up and looked in my purse.

I pulled out my scarf and tied it around my head. "Ayo Marcus"

He looked over at me. Looking confused at my appearance. "What's good"

"Meet me outside my nigga". I stood up nodding my head towards the exit. "I wanna talk to you real quick"

He stood up and followed behind me, as I walked past prince and Jenny I felt prince grab my wrists.

I yanked my arm and turned around. "What you want?" 

He looked at Marcus who was standing behind me. Then looked at me. "What's good with y'all? What y'all finna do?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why you worried? Ain't you with her?"

He smacked his lips. "Yeah okay"

"Okay" I mocked then continued walking outside. I was probably seeming like a bitch but I was heated right now.

I don't know much about miscarriages but I know stress can be a big factor in one and I know the reason my bestfriend was stressing.

Marcus.

When we got outside I put my hands on my hips and started to pace. I looked at Marcus who looked confused.

I was sizing him up. I wanted to beat his ass right now just for Courtney. "Damn, he'll knock my little ass down." I thought to myself biting my lip in frustration.

"So, Marcus you know my bestfriend is Courtney. And you also know you and Courtney had a relationship. You also know y'all was fucking and you most definitely know you've been ignoring her calls."

He nodded."Yeah? Aye if you finna try and get us back together you should just stop. We not for each other right now."

I jerked my head back. "Shut the fuck up and listen. You so worried about stupid shit you not even thinking. She was pregnant by you Marcus." 

His eyes lit up. He looked around. "What you mean was?" 

"You put pressure on her! You was ignoring her because you had a little bitch ass attitude about her not wanting to tell her mom about y'all because she was tryna save yalls relationship!" 

"She lost the baby? Where she at?"  He asked.

"I'm not telling you. The fuck? Do you think she want you up there?"  I pulled out my phone seeing Courtney's Mom texted me where they was at and the room number. She also told me to think about my choices wisely.

I looked up and took a breath. "I was planning on fighting you, but you not worth this ass beating. You can go back inside with that female you was with and carry on with yo life."

I dialed in a taxi number and began telling them where I was at.

I didn't care about nothing but my bestfriend right now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 876 25
"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒆 π’“π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’• π’•π’‰π’“π’π’–π’ˆπ’‰ π’Žπ’†" [started 5-29-20]
133K 4.4K 58
A love story. The street way.
1.3M 65.2K 58
"πšƒπš˜ πšπš˜πš›πšπš’πšŸπšŽ πš’πšœ 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚊 πš™πš›πš’πšœπš˜πš—πšŽπš› πšπš›πšŽπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πš›πšŽπšŠπš•πš’πš£πšŽ πšπš‘πšŠπš 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš™πš›πš’πšœπš˜πš—πšŽπš› πšŠπš•πš• πšŠπš•...
571K 15.1K 50
Est.2020