Silently Falling | √

By LoneRanger3

[COMPLETED] Alexis was your typical everyday good girl with excellent grades, a single best friend, an annoyi... More

Silently Falling
Character Aesthetic
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 5•
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10•
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
•Chapter 21•
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 28•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chapter 35•
•Chapter 36•
•Chapter 37•
•Chapter 38•
•Chapter 39•
•Chapter 40•
•Chapter 41•
•Chapter 42•
•Epilogue•
Other Books
ANNOUNCEMENT
Bonus Chapter: The Accident

•Chapter 17•

10.2K 352 81
By LoneRanger3

I DON'T KNOW when it all started, but I found myself noticing the little things about Nick. From how his forest-green eyes turned a darker shade of green when he was happy or how amazing his hair looked whenever he ran his hand through it.

"Hey Alexis what's the answer to question seven?" Asher asked biting the tip of his pen.

"Which one?" I replied back absentmindedly tapping my pen on my English textbook.

Asher moved closer and shoved his Physics textbook right in front of my face. "This one," he said pointing to the question marked seven, "I don't know why the school makes us take this subject, it's just pointless considering I don't care about some random dude who got hit in the head with an apple and then decided it'd be fun to torture people with his stupid theories."

I chuckled and shook my head at his stupidity, "You do know Physics is essential to everyday life right?" I asked aching my eyebrow at him.

"Doesn't mean I need it in my life," he replied with a shrug, "I don't want to know about the effects of gravity or momentum on a body either at rest or in motion and I sure as hell don't care about the effects of force on either a fixed or moving body."

"You do know you just made good Physics references right there?"

Asher seemed surprised for a moment, "I did didn't I? he said as he's eyes shone with happiness. "Who would have thought I knew Physics."

"No one that's for sure," I said, "but that's just one more subject to tick off the list that you still need to pass if you're to keep playing football."

Asher groaned from besides me, "tell me about it. I honestly suck at Chemistry and that's the one subject my dad really wants me to pass," he said as he rubbed his face in utter frustration, "can't he just understand that I do not want to be a Chemist?"

I knew Asher's dad had always wanted him to follow in his footsteps and become a well renowned Chemist like him since we were kids but I hoped that one day he would finally listen to what his son had to say and what he wanted to do with his life.

"Have you tried talking to him and telling him you don't want to be a Chemist?" I asked as I played with the tip of my pen.

"Alas I have, but he never wants to listen to a word I say. It's like he has already set his mind to the fact that I'm going to be a Chemist and nothing can change that," he replied looking hopeless. "Mum is the only one who understands me and not even she can make him change his mind."

I placed my pen down and closed my textbook as I turned to fully face him, "Maybe I could get my dad to try and talk to him and see how things go. Try and make him see that you're a good football player and he should give you a shot," I said even though I knew full well that Mr. Daniels was not a man who easily changed his mind.

"That could work but I don't think Mr. Vance can handle him," he replied, "I mean sure they're friends and all but that doesn't mean anything to my father."

I really felt bad for Asher because for as long as I've known him he has always wanted to play football professionally and the fact that that could not happen made my heart ache for him.

We sat in silence after that with him seeming too engrossed in his thoughts and me trying to think of a way I could help out.

"Hey!"

I spun around and saw Kai standing with his bag slung over one shoulder and his two close friends nowhere to be seen.

"I was walking by and I couldn't help but overhear that you need help with Chemistry," he spoke directly facing Ash.

Asher snapped out of his thoughts and looked at me before looking back at Kai, "yeah I do," he replied. "Why? Do you know anyone whose good at it?" he asked.

"Actually I do," Kai replied as he pulled up the seat next to mine and sat down.

"Who?" Asher and I simultaneously asked at the same time.

Kai grinned before pulling out a Chemistry textbook and placing it in front of him, "Me."

"You know Chemistry?" I asked perplexed.

"Yep."

I looked to Asher to try and gauge his response but he just seemed to be as surprised as I was because he was staring at Kai intently.

"So do you want a tutor or not?" Kai asked breaking both Asher and I from our stupor. "Offer expires in two minutes."

"Yeah of course I need a tutor," Ash responded, "but what's the catch? What do you need from me in return for helping me?" he asked after thinking it over.

Kai sighed and closed his textbook, "I don't want anything," he said, "can't a guy just want to help out his new friends without everyone thinking he has an ulterior motive?" he asked flaring his hands to prove his point.

"Albeit I doubt that but fair enough," I responded. "But I hope you tutoring Ash won't get in the way of us completing our assignment because I'd like to get that done and over with before Ms. Thompson starts asking more questions than she already is."

"It totally won't clash with our assignment because I was thinking we could meet up this Thursday and add the final touches to it so we could all be free from it," Kai said.

I nodded my head because that did seem like a good idea and I really wanted to take a break from all that legal talk, it was beginning to mess with my head. Now I understand why dad is always stressed out.

"I'll leave you two to your studying and find Nick and Jake to tell them of the new arrangement," I said as I packed my books and headed out of the library.

                        -----☆-----

I searched the school hallway for them but there was no sign of them inside the building. I was beginning to feel frustrated because I had been looking for them for nearly twenty minutes now and I still hadn't found them.

"Hey!" a feminine voice said from behind me.

I turned around and came face to face with a petite blonde and her brunette friend smiling at me. Not to self depreciate myself or anything but they were super skinny and wore really expensive looking clothes and that made me self conscious about how I looked because I wasn't skinny and neither was I rich.

"Hey!" I replied.

"You're Alexis right? The one whose best friends with Asher?" the petite blonde asked as she continued smiling at me which I found creepy.

"Hmm yeah I'm the one," I awkwardly responded. "And you are?"

"I'm Brianna," the blonde said, "and this is Jenna."

This was beyond weird and awkward and I didn't know what to do other than be polite and hope for the best. "Uh... How may I help you?"

The two girls looked at each other and giggled. "We wanted to ask if you know whether Nick has a girlfriend or not," the brunette, Jenna said.

"Eh I don't know, maybe," I replied as I shifted my weight from one foot to the other.

"Silly, just tell us we won't be mad or anything," Brianna said as she continued giggling.

"You should ask him, I'm not the right person to be telling you that," I replied confidently but I was anything but.

Both girls stopped giggling and glared at me, "I knew she wouldn't tell us anything because she wants to keep him all to herself," Jenna said to her friend, "you're just like all of us and this little shy game you've got going won't get you anywhere."

"Excuse me? But what did you just say?" I asked becoming irritated with both of them.

"Don't play dumb, we all know how you look at him and you're no better than us," Brianna said as she flipped her blonde hair and sashayed away with Jenna following closely behind.

Okay so that just happened!

I shook my head at their ridiculousness and walked outside of the main school doors to the parking lot in search of said guy and his friend. They were no where to be seen in the parking lot so I went to the back of the school by the football field and there they both stood with their backs facing me.

I sighed in glee and walked towards them. "Thank goodness I found you," I breathed and they both turned to look at me.

"Alexis!" Jake exclaimed, "what are you doing here?" he asked shuffling around.

"I was looking for you guys," I replied as I looked at both of them. Nick had a cigarette held between his index and middle finger and he didn't look happy to see me at all, not that I expected him to but I thought we were friends and past that by now.

"Oh!" Jake said.

"Yeah oh," I replied with an eye roll. "Did I interrupt anything?"

"No! Yes!" Nick and Jake said simultaneously.

Jake glared at Nick and he just shrugged. "No you're not interrupting anything."

"Okay," I replied uncomfortably, "Anyway I just wanted to tell you that Kai suggested we meet on Thursday to finish up the assignment."

Nick took a drag from his cigarette and blew the smoke, "cool," he replied.

"Okay," Jake responded.

"Okay great! I'll see you then," I replied and began to walk away from them.

"Wait!" Jake called and I stopped as I slowly turned back around.

"Uh..hmm where's Kai?" he asked.

"He's with Asher," was all I said before walking away once more.

Today has been a very insightful and highly awkward day for me. I don't know how a simple and quiet day at the library with Asher turned into a snide and very eventful day all in the span of a few minutes. My life is turning into a cliché highschool movie and I don't like it one bit.

*
*
*
Author's Note
How's everyone doing? Hope you've had a great week because mine was spent binge reading and I think I'd have to see an optician and get a new prescription because I might be blind *sighs*

Comment! Vote! And Share!

Twitter: lone_ranger_3
Instagram: loneranger_3 (be sure to follow my instagram for updates, and quotes on SF plus I'll be following back the first 200 so....)

~A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 7.1K 45
We all have secrets. But the question is... What are they? Her father hates her. Her mother's dead. Only option seems to be is to get far away right...
318K 9.2K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
2.3K 105 44
Alexis Smith has lost everything and when her father comes back into her life offering everything, she doesn't know who she can trust. As she searche...
885K 24.7K 43
HIGHEST RANK- #17 in Teen Fiction Alexis swan is what you can say a 'good girl' who loves singing and just happens to be the twin sister of The...