Address Me As Doctor

Af intellectual212

The Fourth Book In the More Than Friends Series, Deanna grapples with the recent loss of her father, moving... Mere

Intro
Welcome to Nashville
Two Wives
Run Ins With The Law
Grown Up
Notification Updates
Old Bones
First Love
Starter vs. Backup
Warnings
Moments vs. Forever
New Friends
Author's Note- Why Do You Guys Think
Torture
Typical
Still Love You
The Better Man
Moving On
Absence Of Light
Author's Note- Who You With
Girlfriend Problems
Heart Following The Mind
What Is Your Foundation
Supposed To Be
Bounce Back
Surprise Guest
Game Day
Away Games
Somebody Else's Stuff
Woman to Woman
Know What I Want
One Of The Greats
Clayanna
Author Note: Can I Ask Yall A Question
Old Times
Author's Note: Petty Men
New Tradition
Guys I Adore You
Scandalous Heauxs
Broken Friendship
Female Savage
What Happens, Happens
Man to Man
Pray For Shep In Real Life
Making History
Right Opportunity
Did Odell Get Hurt
Bigger Than Football
Some Of The Readers Disgust Me
The Wait
Ethel High School
JuJu
Decisions
Complicated
This Time
Rookies
First Giants Game Of The Season
Second Time Around
A Winner
Can We Talk About The Giants
Confessions
Debt
Omg Shep Proposed
Everything Was Fine
Disconnected
Brandon's Back
I know you want an update
August Alsina Fans
Ears Are Open
Sister to Sister
It's Nothing
Surprise Trip
Failure
Dismissed
Trust You
Testing
Brotherhood
Mother
Trial Period
Extra Motivation
Something Great
Adult Communication
Twix and A Bear
Damn Moments
Chill On Me
Apologies
Young Black Love
Future Brighter Than Past
Wonderful Surprise
Through The Fire
Unnecessary
Kardashian Hoodoo
All Change
Dead Horse
Can't Get You Out My Heart
Greenthumb
Roadmap
Can't Wait
Bare Love
Gut Feeling
Oceanfront Houses Repost
Unanswered Questions
How Do You Know Trey
Shout Out Your Stories
Mama Still Got It
Ashy Scorpio Niggas
The Look
Pride and Joy
To The Sun
Fall and Fight
Cali Clay
New Odell Book Sample- Please Read
New Odell Story
Father's Day BBQ

Gift Again

17.4K 1.2K 464
Af intellectual212

Sira Pov-

"Since when you watch football?" I heard a voice coming from behind me.

I already knew who it was and I ignored it and just kept cleaning off the table looking at Diggy on the screen.

The Titans were in the lead and it was in a large part to his two touchdowns.

"I'm talking to you Sira." I heard the voice say louder.

I just took the tray of collected plates, cups and silverware, along with the rag I used to wash the table down to the back of the restaurant.

I pushed through the doors that read Employees Only, only to be followed by this fool.

"Oh so it's like that?" He leaned against a counter and watched as I placed the dirty dishes in the sink.

"I get you this job and that's my gratitude. Silence." He smirked. "Aight."

JL, was a big time senior on the Fisk campus. His mother was a business owner, who owned several restaurants in Nashville. BB Kings where I worked, being one of them.

It was just him and his mom, but because of her businesses they were pretty well off.

He'd majored in music. And I must admit, it was his voice that made me fall in love. My freshman year they had this talent showcase and he sang this song he wrote call Advertise It. And I was in the front row, and the entire time we just kept locking eyes.

I remember at one point he grabbed my hand and kissed it. I was done y'all.
After the show, he was outside the auditorium talking to a group of girls. That should've been a sign but I ignored it.

Anyway, he came up to me and my friends. He asked us if we wanted to go to this party his frat the Alphas were throwing. We did. And him and I just danced and talked all night.

Besides high-school, he was my first real boyfriend. I even gave him my v-card. Only to find out, he was doing me and half the chicks at Fisk.

It was then I realized I wasn't his girl as I had thought. I was just one of his flavors of the week in rotation. But I eventually, after a lot of tears gave his dusty ass the boot.

Most of my friends thought I was crazy. "Girl its JL. Don't let this other hoes get to you and make you lose sight of the fact, he wants you. All mean cheat. But as long as he wants you." Blah, blah and other dumbshit. But I knew my worth.

I've refused to have a convo with him all sophomore year, yet every chance he gets to harass me he does. He would've got me fired, but his mother loves too much because of my hard-work. So she doesn't.

I walked out and went back to work.

"One of these days you gon talk to me again Ra." He smirked, did a salute to me and walked out.

Deanna POV-

"I am so proud of you Dig." I had got Diggy a custom cake to celebrate his win, and the fact that he was stand out player in the game. I also had balloons and a banner made.

Every media outlet was reporting on him. Amazed at how this rookie overcame the odds.

I wanted to make sure he felt celebrated and uplifted.

"Wow. Just wow." Shep sat on a stool looking at the cake. "Cake. Balloons. Banner. This lil nigga get the whole sha-bang."

"Don't be salty baby. I got you a cake too." I got a strawberry lemonade cupcake out the fridge and put it in front of him.

Diggy laughed. I tried to whole my laughter in.

He stale faced me. "This funny huh?"

"No." I laughed.

"How about you and your "son" get yo out my house." He said salty.

"How about no." I put some frosting on his nose and kissed him.

Diggy was on the tv screen. They were playing recaps of post-game interviews.

I turned the tv up.

How does it feel for you to be a rookie in the league yet putting up numbers like Jerry Rice and Odell Beckham did their first year?

It's a blessing man. I had two angels in Shep, and his lady Deanna whose a trainer on our staff. They've been like my godparents. They are my family because I have none.  And I put in a lot of hardwork and just left the rest up to God.

What would you say to any other kid out there who feels like their disabilities are holding them back?

Uh... I guess I would say its only an obstacle if you make it. You can overcome anything to be who you wanna be. 

Well there you have it folks Diggy Simmons the Toyota player of the week.

"Aw don't cry Anna." He laughed and hugged me. "I'm grateful for y'all"

"I really do feel like a proud mommy." I wiped my eyes.

Shep rolled his eyes, then started eating some of the cupcake.

"Stop hating." I hit him.

"Nah Dig I'm proud of you." Shep said.

"Thanks Shep. Couldn't have done it without you."

"I know. Which is why I'mma send you a 500 thousand dollar bill, for my time, my energy, my food you been chomping on. These balloons. That banner. And this cake. Cause you know Deanna used my money to buy that shit. And yes an inconvenience fee for no flowers." Shep said eating the cupcake.

"Yeah. Yeah. Love you too Shep." Diggy laughed going upstairs to his room.

"I'm serious." Shep yelled.

I shook my head at his foolishness and went to stand between Shep's legs. I grabbed both his hands.

"What?" He said with his mouth full of cupcake. He chewed until it was gone.

"You're amazing baby." I moved his hands back and forth, looking at him.

"Ha. Tell me something I don't know."

"You know what?" I said.

He smirked.

"And I had my doubts before. But I think you'll make an amazing father."

"Doubts?" He scrunched.

"Shep you weren't always this mature."

"Neither was O but he got three. And they alright. Well except K-Man that boy got problems."

I laughed. "Leave Kenyon alone. He's just a growing boy."

"Yeah, aight." Shep said.

There was a bit of silence.

"I think you'll make a beautiful mother." Shep said sincerely.

"Really?"

"No." He cracked up.

I hit him and walked away but he grabbed me close.

"I'm joking." He held me from behind into his body. He tried to kiss my cheek but I pulled away pouting.

"Girl you gon get this suga." He left a big juicy kiss on my cheek.

"Shep. Ugh." I semi said loud.

He chuckled. Then it got quiet again.

"Nah I think you will. And I hope I can give you that gift again. Only this time, we see it grow up." He sighed.

"Yeah me too. Me too."

——-

Listen y'all this weekend I did a marathon of The Chi and Grownish. And y'all just wasn't gon tell me how fine Jacob Latimore and Trevor Jackson grew up to be. I never paid them any attention because they were younger than me. But after this weekend baby, if they need a Suga Mama I'm available. Here I am thinking I need a older man when these young hot wangs got the juice. Chile ...

😩😩😩😂😂

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

6.7K 525 28
After a tragic event, she decides to change the way she lives her life as she has no other choice but to live with her sister and her husband. Her pa...
105K 3.9K 40
A girl and a guy get to know each other. I really have no clue what it's going to be about. This whole book is also unedited.
1.8K 70 30
Exams are done, and summer is finally here! Macy and her friends are ready to party hard and some are hoping to forget and some want to forget last s...
438 44 24
This book is about a girl who is born with no real eyes just white balls and everyone thinks she's blind, but she's not she can see everything maybe...