Darling Chainz

By miaa_meii

*Your typical 'player falls in love' story* Chase Ravens is the major player in Alerion College. He has hooke... More

Prologue
1. Moving Back
2. Darling Chainz
3. I Don't Know...Do I?
4. You Can Live With Me
5. The First Day of Sharing a Condo = Complications
6. Work
7. Cancelled Plans
8. Punishment?
9. Ice Cream
10. A Bitter Day
11. Making Up
12. The Fair
14. Jared's Birthday Party
15. Strong
16. Picnic
17. Chasing You
18. Stares
19. The Chaos At Work
20. What a Day
21. The Event...Coming Soon
22. Pumped Up For the Event
23. Pricks These Days
24. Fun in the Sun
25. A Night Full of Events
26. The Aftermath
27. A Long Day
28. Darling Chainz Initiates
29. A Birthday to Remember
30. Overprotective Much
31. Fantasies Fulfilled
32. Try Possessive
33. The Clinging Doll
34. Letting Loose
35. When Things Couldn't Possibly Get Worse...
36. Sulking
37. Back to Classes
38. Revelations
39. Imagination Gone Wild
Epilogue

13. Besties to the Rescue

5.4K 126 2
By miaa_meii

Chapter 13: Besties to the Rescue

*~~Alice's POV~~*

I was hanging upside down on my sofa doing practically nothing...not even watching TV. Chase is not home, he went out with Conner or something. Next thing you know I heard a click. Chase surely can't be back that fast...maybe he forgot something. I shrugged and played with my dangling hair and waved my legs around. Trust me, I would be at Darling Chainz but both Sam and Jack kicked me out, claiming that I work too hard. Those bullies, I'm the manager too.

I lost my train of thought when I heard, "Alice, what the f**k are you doing." The voice didn't belong to Chase, no, the voice was too feminine to be Chase's voice.

Abigail's head pops up....or is it down....cause I'm hanging upside down...

I give her a sheepish smile, "Hi there."

She flashes a grin, "Hi yourself. Did you hear the news about the college lockers?"

"No, I don't think so." I got off the sofa, "Hey Jared. How'd you two come in? Didn't Chase lock the door?"

Abigail wore a huge grin, "Jared, my dear male cousin, knows how to pick-lock."

I stare at him with a smile and wide eyes, "What? It's always the innocent ones." Abigail and I burst into a fit of laughter, while Jared tries to come up with excuses of why he knows how to pick-lock.

I guess Jared gave up finding excuses when he said, "Well anyway, you know they sent a message to all the college students that the lockers are going to be removed, so get your items out asap. If not, your items will be with some professor."

I cocked my head, "What's bad about a professor holding our items for us?"

Abigail shook her head, "Silly woman, it's rather intruding. I mean the professor can look through your items, and you never know which professor is holding on to your items. What if the professor that is handling your items throws away your stuff, doesn't even take care of it, take the item(s), or give it to someone else? You never know. Also, it's a lot of items that the professors have to hold for the students, so it's annoying on their part."

I give a slight nod in understanding, "Oh....well that makes sense."

Abigail smiled and grabbed Jared, "I assumed that you wouldn't get the message, therefore we are here to save you."

Abigail links her elbow to Jared's and holds out her other elbow for me. I give out a small laugh before linking elbows with her. "Shall we go?"

~

I'm glad that I don't have that much items in my locker, just a few textbooks. I shove them all in my messenger bag then close my locker goodbye.

I bump into Chase with two textbooks under his arm.

"Darling Chainz." Chase greets me.

"Hi Chase." I greet back.

"You didn't answer your phone when I called you. Guess you found out about the locker thing anyway."

"Oh sorry, I think I left my phone on silent. Where's Conner?"

"Somewhere around. Oh there, look, he's over there. I guess, I'll see you at dinner, Alice." With that, Chase was gone. Well...that was kind of awkward.

Abigail and Jared come up to me, both have their arms full.

"Would you two like to keep your things in my bag?" I ask them.

Abigail declines, "Nah, we're just going to keep these in Jared's car. But take a few textbooks from me and Jared, yeah?"

I take a few and we walk to Jared's car and settle Abigail's and Jared's items in. Abigail and I sit in the back and Jared sits in the driver's seat.

"We should go shopping. You don't have any plans do you, Alice?" Abigail looked at me with pleading eyes and a sly smile.

"I didn't bring any mone--" "Jared, drive to the mall." Abigail intercepted, "It's okay darlin', I placed your money bag in your messenger bag."

I laughed, "If you're going to force me to go, then why ask?"

Abigail shrugged, "Trying to be polite for once." We heard Jared give a snort or something, "Cheah, polite my arse."

Abigail kicked his seat from the back, "Hush it you, and drive."

"Yes, your highness." I laughed at the sarcasm dripping from Jared's comment.

~

Abigail linked elbows with Jared and me, "Okay lovelies, we're going lingerie shopping first. I'm sure they have a few boxers or something at Victoria's Secret."

Jared rolled his eyes, I felt a bit bad for him. "We can go to Blackheart if you don't want to go to Victoria's Secret, darlin'." Abigail flashed him a grin, she was having fun.

Jared huffed, "Doesn't matter. You're going to take us to both stores anyway."

"Right you are my dear, now in we go." And we all entered Victoria's Secret.

Fifteen minutes or so passed, Jared's hiding out in the corner and Abigail is piling up matching sets of bras and panties for me.

"Abigail, why don't you buy some for yourself." Abigail looked up at me, with another pair of bra in her hands, "Honey, the sexiest designs are always in your size, let me have my fun. I'm paying half for you anyway."

I dropped all the items in my arms, "What?! No! C'mon, let's leave, Jared's dying. And stop ogling my chest."

"You've got a great arse too, hon. But you've got to take at least five with you. Pleaseeeeeeeee. Then we'll leave...I swear...to Blackheart." Abigail pouted and gave me pleading eyes. I was a goner.

It was an hour later when we finally left Blackheart and entered a clothing store. Jared seemed much happier.

When Jared went to the men's side, Abigail whispered, "Jared's birthday is tomorrow, I still need to buy him something. Pops and Mums are giving him a surprise party. I think Mums already told Uncle and Aunty, but I don't know. You should come too, bring Chase if you want."

I laughed, "Why are you whispering, Jared doesn't have super powers to hear you. Well do you have a present in mind?"

Abigail smiled, "Last time Jared and I went shopping, I saw him eyeing these shoes that I know he'd love. Oh and I know his crush~!"

I gaped at her, "No way, Jared has a crush?"

Abigail frantically nodded, "Yes, I'm so proud of him. I'm going to help that dimwit talk to her. I feel like a mother losing her son." Abigail wiped fake tears away. I laughed, "I think I'll buy him a shirt or something."

"This will be awesome~! See that clerk over there? That's Jared's crush."

I stray my eyes to see a beautiful woman with medium-length black hair. Recognition hits me, "Hey, isn't she Miranda? She goes to our college no?"

Abigail nodded, "And guess what...she has a crush on Jared too!~"

I gaped, "You're lying! That's awesome! You're inviting her to the party?"

Abigail nodded, "Yes, and she will come. Even if I have to drag her."

~9:22~

"Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun. I'll see you around." I waved off to Abigail and Jared.

I settled my new clothes in my wardrobe and found two shirts. I bought a shirt for Jared as well as Chase. I know I didn't have to, but the shirt basically has Chase's name written on it. It wouldn't look good on anyone else...what am I saying. I keep Chase's shirt on my night table and decide to wrap Jared's shirt up.

I was lying on the sofa, upside down again, when my stomach grumbled. Oh I should eat...but I'm so comfy...

The door opened, "I'm home. I've brought dinner. Hope you like Panda Express...Alice...what are you doing?"

"Trying hard not to be bored." I replied as I sat up straight.

"Welcome back, I'd love some Panda Express right now." I grinned at Chase.

We set up the table in front of the sofa and then I placed our food, while Chase looked through my collection of DVDs.

"You want to watch I Love Lucy? I used to watch this show with my brother all the time."

Chase nodded, "I used to watch it with my parents."

Chase's parents...he never talks about them. I look up at him and see him chewing his food and watching the show with longing eyes.

A story for another day, I guess. I took a bite of my honey walnut covered shrimp and nearly moaned, "I can eat these everyday."

Chase smiled, "Yeah, the honey walnut covered shrimp are a personal favorite of mine, too. I bought you a dress."

"How funny, I bought you a shirt."

"I take it that you went out with Jared and Abigail."

I gave him a nod, "Any plans for tomorrow?"

"No, why?"

"Jared's birthday is tomorrow. Abigail invited us."

"What if I say no."

I shrugged, "I guess I'm going alone then."

Chase finished his food and gulped down his drink.

"I'd love to go with you." Chase's warm hand fell on mine and we continued watching I Love Lucy together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513K 15.8K 49
"Kara, you're my best friend right?" "Umm yeah?" "You'd do anything for me, right?" "As long as it doesn't involve 10 years in prison, yeah." "Be my...
462K 16.3K 61
They're on opposite ends of the financial spectrum. Complete contrasts when it comes to popularity. And their relationship has a deadline. Lily: Col...
2.5M 74.8K 78
After being cheated on by her fiancΓ©, the last thing Lydia wants to do is room with her brother and his 2 roommates, but what happens when she has no...
2.6M 73.4K 45
Completed - He had me pinned against the wall outside of his dorm late at night. He was staring down at me angrily. I was confused to say the least...