Scent (Scomiche)

By luckyenough19

Scott owns a bakery. Mitch is a loyal customer. Scott is happily married, and Mitch can't change that. But fa... More

Red Velvet Cake at Scott's Scones
Flirtatious Conversations
Apparently, They Need A Loan
The Most Horrible Dinner
The Fun of Babysitting Lindsey
The Scent of Smoke
She's Alive, But the Friendship is Dying
Stuffed Animals and Eavesdropping
Funerals Never Go Smoothly
Hot Chocolate at One in the Morning
There's No Way He Could've Known
Always Return Home
If Life Was a Board Game It'd Be Called Sorry
I Mean, I Was Trying to Be the Bigger Person
A Girls' Day With A Girl's Gossip
Is There Anything to be Thankful For?
Planning the Pastry Party
Early Morning Rendezvous
Scott: Decision Maker
Maybe Scott is a Better Son Than I'll Ever Be
Connecting With Others is Hard in General
A Talk with my Mom, a Drink with my Dad
The Pastry Party That Wasn't Really A Party
Silence is the Newest Fashion
Maybe a Part of Me Was Hoping Scott Would Get Jealous
I Shouldn't Feel Guilty Because, After All, I'm Not Dating Anyone
Maybe Scott Should Become a Detective Instead of a Baker
She's Mature But So Tiny
Cooking With Lindsey Plus Shoe Shopping With Bryan Equals a Pretty Full Day
Valentine's Day? More Like Valentine's Dismay.
Scott is Most Definitely Worth the Wait
I Feel Like I'm Begging For Everything in Life Lately
Two Doors Have Closed: Figuratively and Literally
The Beginning of a Possibly Healthy Friendship
I Wish What was Good for the Banker was Good for the Baker, Too
A Group of Girls to Bring Me Back to Life
Home is (Usually) Where Your Dog Is
Kirstie, Adam, and I Have a Dinner and Scott Makes Me Worry. What's New?
ohmygoodnessohmygoodnessohmyGOD
He Needs to Get His Head on Strai-- Well, as Much as It Can Be
27 is Where God Decides You're Old Enough to Handle Things
All of This for Nothing
Not Welcome
Wrong
Cryers' Club
Natural?
Rud(e)y
Cruel
Time
It's Like Flashback After Flashback Being With Him
Trust Issues, Smush Tissues, Does That Even Make Sense? No, Nothing Does.
Scott Has Never Been Right in His Life Possibly But Maybe Now?
Might As Well Make Her Middle Name 'Brat'... Just Kidding, That Wouldn't Help
The Day Christian Didn't Come Home, He Basically Ruined Everything
The Troubles of a Teenager Trying to Drive and Also What I've Been Waiting For
I Guess If This is When the Serious Talks Need to Happen, I'll Just Roll With It
Pastel Pink Sweaters are Good for More Than Just Plane Rides
So Here's My Start...
I Have the Worst Luck in the World
Talk About a Huge Freaking Leap
Is This the First Time He's Sacrificed Something for Me? Surely Not...
And With Scott, I Would Get Both
WHAT IS HAPPENING

The Aftermath of Loving Someone With a Dead Husband

2.5K 179 49
By luckyenough19

We go all the way.

I'm not going to recount all the details because it's blurry and it just happened so I need to let it settle in my head before I tell anyone. Before I even let myself revel in the memory.

After taking a minute to simply breathe, my eyes sleepily falling shut as a result from the alcohol and physical activity, Scott slowly sits up. I glance at him, but it's pretty dark, so I can just see and hear his figure shifting. His naked back is toward me, and his head is bowed.

I wonder what he's doing until I hear him exhale a small, shaky breath.

“Scott?” I whisper, so softly even I can barely hear it. “Are you okay?”

There's no answer for a moment, and that concerns me, so I begin to sit up. His voice stops me.

“Yeah, I'm okay.”

Hesitantly, I lay back down. I would rather stay up and investigate, but the alcohol is like a weight that makes my head sink easily towards the pillow.

But then I hear uneven breaths that sound like crying, and I get even more worried than I already was. I actually feel sick for the selfish reason that he might already regret making the decision to give himself to me tonight.

I force myself up again, fighting against the weight in my brain and the burning I feel in my nether regions, and scoot over to where he is on the edge of the bed. He has a sheet over his lap while his legs dangle off the side of the bed. I wrap a blanket around myself, hiding my exposed parts, and stay behind him but definitely close enough to know he's crying.

“What's wrong?” I ask gently and genuinely.

He shakes his head a little, not looking over at me. Granted, I'm behind him, so it might be awkward, but I miss his face.

“There's just a lot of emotions attached to tonight. I'm sorry, Mitch, it has nothing to do with you. You were great.”

While that makes me smile, I still want to know what his emotions are. I actually do care about how he feels.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

He shakes his head again. “No honey, but thanks for offering.”

I think the cute pet name was just a way to keep me satisfied so I don't keep prying at his emotions.

“I know that what just happened must be difficult for you since you haven't done anything since Christian died,” I say, still speaking softly. “I know this isn't nearly to the extent you're feeling it at, but I haven't had sex in so long, I felt like I was losing my virginity again.”

I release a half-hearted chuckle.

Scott nods, and suddenly I can see the outlines of tears sliding down his cheeks. “That's exactly how it felt for me, too.”

I only kind of understand what he means. He keeps wiping the tears away, not wanting me to see that he’s crying, or maybe he just doesn’t want to be crying in general. It hurts my heart.

He continues to cry silently, then looks up after a minute and fans his face, trying to stop the tears. “Sorry,” he apologizes. “I just miss him so much.”

As he says that, his voice cracks, and he covers his mouth trying to hold in the sobs. It’s safe to say that I don’t know what to do, but I’m not going to say that this has never happened before. Like, I’ve had sex with someone and they cried after. It wasn’t because they missed their dead husband, but still, it happened. And it was really uncomfortable. Maybe I’ll tell Scott about it later and we can laugh about how it keeps happening to me.

The guy cried because after we had sex he was coming to terms with the fact that he was fully gay, not bisexual as he had told everyone. While I was happy for the clarity in his life, we were in my dorm room, naked, and he wouldn’t leave. He just stayed there, crying, and we didn’t even know each other that well. It was sooooo awkward.

At least no one cried when I lost my virginity. The whole thing was humiliating, but no one cried. I guess that’s a step up from what has been happening from there on out.

I snap myself back into now, though, figuring out how to help Scott. I lean my head against his back.

“I know you told me that you didn’t want me thinking about him while we were doing stuff,” he says, sniffling, “and I wasn’t. It’s just all kind of hitting me now.”

“What’s hitting you now?” I whisper, my forehead feeling the warmth of his skin. I think I know, but I think it’s important for him to admit out loud what’s bothering him.

He wipes his face before answering. “That Christian is gone, and where my life is right now, that I’m living in this crappy apartment and raising a child by myself.” He takes a long pause, but I can tell there’s more. “And the fact that… that I think I’m falling in love with you. But I just can’t say for sure because I haven’t fallen in love with someone for a really long time, and there’s been this block in my heart of just pure grief, so I don’t know if I’m interpreting it wrong, and I don’t want to tell you anything that’s not 100% true.”

He’s rambling, but it’s slow and cute. When he says that part about falling in love with me, I feel giddy. So giddy that I’m internally doing cartwheels, but in my intoxicated brain it makes my body actually feel like I’m turning upside down, which causes my stomach to feel sick, so I force myself to stop. But trust me, I’m still giddy.

“What can you tell me that’s 100% true?” I don’t know why I felt the need to ask, but I did.

“That I think I’m falling in love with you. But I don’t think I will completely love you until I’m done grieving.”

I nod against his back, let silence fall, then scoot back to my side of the bed, reaching out and tugging his arm. “Come back and lay down with me.”

“Just a second.”

He stands, and even though I can’t see anything in particular, I know he’s walking around naked, and that makes me tingle. I think he’s going to the bathroom because he leaves the room. I snuggle into my side of the bed, closing my eyes and allowing myself to drift. I’m almost asleep when he comes back in. He doesn’t climb in right away, and when he finally does, I feel slippery material against my bare backside. He must have put on some basketball shorts.

I quickly adjust to his presence in bed, cuddling into him and falling asleep. But something tells me he was up for a while after I drifted away.

-

It turns out Lindsey’s friend doesn’t live too far from Kirstie, so I stop by Kirstie’s first to tell her everything about the night before. I don’t want to risk Lindsey hearing anything pertaining to it. I don’t want Adam to hear either, so I text Kirstie before I get there and request for her to keep Adam out of the room for a little while. That makes her really excited.

So excited in fact, that when I knock on the door, she opens immediately and yanks me in. “Tell me everything, tell me eeeverythiiinnnggg!”

“Where’s Adam?” I ask, keeping my voice down.

“Taking a shower, so be quick! Tell me!”

“It happened,” I admit, a stupid smile filling out my features.

She shrieks, and then I shriek because I’m happy about it too. We go to the couch and I tell her how it happened and what happened after, but I don’t spill any details about during because, again, I haven’t let myself comprehend what transpired between us.

Her mouth is gaping basically the whole time.

“I can’t believe I get to meet him today! Oh, now I know so much, I’m going to have to control myself.”

“Don’t say anything.”

“I won’t, I won’t. Now go get Lindsey. I’m excited to meet her too.”

On my way out, we talk about whether Lindsey is talkative or shy, and I realize I don’t really know how to describe her because she alternates. I tell her that I guess we’ll just have to see. We decide to make a bet. Kirstie bets she’ll be talkative. I bet she’ll be shy.

-

I win because she’s totally being shy. Maybe it’s because Kirstie started crying when she met Lindsey, thinking about her future Eliana, and that probably freaked Linds out a little bit, and she didn’t know what to say. So she probably decided that this lady is crazy and it’s best not to say anything that will make her cry again.

Adam seemed to be pretty good with her, though. Like he was kind of awkward at first, but he kept asking her questions to bring her out of her shell a little, and once he realized that he could talk to her pretty much like an adult, I could almost see how relieved he became. They have a relaxed conversation about school and her friend’s house. Lindsey is only just starting to warm up to him.

While Adam and Lindsey are talking, Kirstie and I slip out into the next room and gossip a little bit more. I tell her that Scott has had money hidden for about six months, and there I was, stupid me, feeling sorry and trying to support him. I kind of view it as an “oh well” situation. She views it as an “are you kidding me?” situation. She spends a few minutes ranting about how unfair that was and everything else until Lindsey wanders in the room. Then Kirst gives her a sweet smile and asks how she’s doing.

Lindsey is obviously bored of making small talk, so she asks to play a game on my phone. I don’t really have any games downloaded, but I direct her to the app store to let her pick one out. Before I know it, Adam is starting dinner, and Lindsey tells me that Scott texted me. I steal the phone back from her, checking the time (she’s already been here for two hours! I swear, when Kirstie and I start talking, time just flies by), and see that Scott texted that he’s off a little early and is going to go home and shower quick so he looks decent.

I’m actually really looking forward to this dinner. Scott by my side all night, both of us knowing that, now, we’re so much more than friends. At least, I hope he feels that way too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.8K 19
Scott is forced to choose. His choice changes everything and effects those he loves the most. How can they move forward now that everything is fall...
5K 198 19
Scott and Mitch have a great life. But what will happens when a little girl comes and complicates things? Will they be able to make it work?
529 13 6
Over the course of their life-long friendship, Scott and Mitch have had many conversations. And Scott has always been the one person Mitch can always...
21K 1.2K 31
Two years ago Pentatonix broke up. Since then Mitch Grassi lived a life full of party, drugs and so much more. After finally sobering up he is confro...