The Naive Secretary And The H...

By electric_forest

Twenty-three year old Anastasia "Stacey" Marks starts working as a secretary at Havens Enterprise. She falls... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Announcement

Chapter 31

8.3K 251 8
By electric_forest

{Character in picture: Henry Cavill as Jeff Wheeler}

{Song in video: Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club}

As soon as I woke up, I got ready, then went online to do more job hunting. I preferred to find a job in an office, but I was still looking for whatever was available.

After turning in more resumes and applications online, I recieved a phone call later in the afternoon.

It was from Stitch Bar & Lounge, which was where Chelsea worked, and it was located close by Havens Enterprise.

I spoke with a guy named Jeff, and had a job interview this afternoon.

"Chels!" I exclaimed as soon as I got off the phone with Jeff. "I have a job interview this afternoon at the bar you work at!"

"Awesome!" Chelsea exclaimed giddily.

That made me feel a bit better since I was still in a down mood.

"I hope I get it."

"I'm sure you will."

I lounged around for a few hours, then made myself lunch, and got ready for my job interview.

I grabbed my purse, waved bye to Chelsea, then waved down a taxi to take me to Stitch Bar & Lounge.

I was a bit nervous, but have done quite a few job interviews before, so I knew how it was done.

I went inside, and went up to the first person I saw, who was a guy with wavy dark brown hair, cleaning the long bar table.

"Hey, I'm here for a job interview," I said to the guy.

The guy looked up, grinning. "Stacey Marks?" He said in a questioning tone.

My eyes widened in surprise, and I grinned. "Jeff Wheeler?" I said back to him.

"It's been a while." He chuckled.

"Yes, it has."

"So how has life been treating you since high school?"

I paused for a few seconds before I answered. "It's been treating me well. I went to college for a few years, and had a few jobs since then."

He looked at me with interest. "What did you go to college for?"

"Business. I have an associate's degree in it."

"Cool."

"Yeah." I nodded. "How have you been since high school?"

"It's been good. I've worked here for a few years while going to college, and now I'm a manager at a bar." He chuckled.

"And what are you going to college for?"

"Bartending."

I blinked. "Bartending?" I repeated.

"Yes." He chuckled. "I know it sounds weird, but I love it."

"You can do whatever you want to do. Especially if it's your passion, and it pays bills." I shrugged. "I'm definitely not the one to judge."

"That's good."

I glanced around. "Not that I want to rush it, but when do you want to do the interview?"

"Interview?" He chuckled. "Forget about that, you're hired."

My eyes widened in surprise. "Thanks, but you don't have to do that."

"I know, but I want to." He grinned. "Let's set up your schedule."

"Okay." I grinned back.

We discussed the schedules, and luckily it was full-time, so I worked every other afternoon and evening. He also gave me the work uniform I had to wear.

"Let me at least ask you if you ever made your own mixed alcoholic drink?" Jeff asked, smirking.

"Yes, I have," I said, laughing.

"Good." He nodded. "Well, it was nice seeing you and giving you the job."

"Yes, it was. Thanks." I grinned. "I'll see you on Wednesday." I waved as I walked out.

I went back to my apartment with a bit of an improved mood. "Guess what!" I exclaimed with a grin.

"What?" Chelsea asked, looking oblivious.

"I got the job!"

"That's great!" She grinned. "We're going to be working buddies too, it'll be so much fun."

"Yeah. Did you know that Jeff, our friend from high school, works there as a manager?"

She smiled, nodding her head. "Yeah, that's how I got the job."

"Me too." I laughed. "That's kind of cool though."

I opened up a bag of chips to have a snack, but then all of a sudden, I thought of Vince, and the sadness came over me once again. I clipped the bag of chips, and put it back in the food pantry. Then, I went over to the couch, and started crying.

"Oh no, Stace," Chelsea cried out, quickly coming over to comfort me. "Hey, tell you what, we'll going to go to the club, have some drinks, dance, and maybe meet some guys."

"Ugh, Chels, I would under any other circumstance, but I don't know if I'm in the mood tonight."

"But you should at least celebrate finding a job. Don't let Vince ruin it. We'll be working together, and you'll probably meet an amazing guy."

"I guess." I sighed, wiping my tears and blowing my nose.

"We don't have to be at the club too long."

"Fine. I'll go." I sighed again.

"We'll have fun." She grinned, giving me a hug.

We ate dinner, then got ready to go to the club.

We went in a taxi, then went to the club where we went to last time. Hopefully the Tinder guy that tried to roofie Chelsea wouldn't be there.

When we got out of the car, we went to the long line outside of the club. We had to wait there about a half an hour until we paid and got in.

The first thing we did was go to the bar, and ordered drinks. I ordered my usual strawberry margarita, and Chelsea ordered tequila.

After we had a drink, we went over to the dance floor.

Chelsea, as usual, was scoping out cute guys to dance and talk to. She encouraged me to do it too, but I wasn't in that particular mood. I even teared up a little bit, but then I thankfully stopped.

"Come on, Stace. It'll really help you take your mind off of Vince," Chelsea encouraged. "There's a few guys over there that look cute." She pointed across the club.

I sighed, muttering, "Fine." As I was getting ready to walk over to the guys, I heard a voice behind me.

"Stacey, is that you?" I heard a guy ask.

I turned around, half expecting it to be Vince, but instead it was Jeff, my new manager. "Hey, Jeff," I said, smiling and all of a sudden feeling better.

"You come here often?"

"I used to come here every weekend, but it's kind of rare for me to come now." I shook my head. "What about you?"

"I was here with the guys having fun after work. I'm not sure where they went though." He laughed. "Anyways, want a drink?"

"Sure, I'll have a strawberry margarita." Even though I already had a drink not too long ago, I needed to loosen up a little bit.

We went over to the bar. While Jeff ordered our drinks, I looked back at Chelsea, who was talking to the three cute guys that she pointed out earlier.

"So I see you're here with Chelsea," Jeff said as we got our drinks. "That's awesome that you two are still best friends."

"Yeah, it is," I said, taking a sip of my drink. "Now, I also get to work with her." I smiled.

"Awesome." He smiled back. "After we finish our drinks, did you want to go dance?"

"Yeah."

We ordered a few more drinks, which wasn't the most responsible way to deal with things, but I wanted to get Vince off my mind.

After we finished our drinks, we went over to the dance floor.

Soon the alcohol kicked in. My mood got way better than before, and I was really enjoying being at the club.

I looked around for Chelsea, and went up to her, or so I thought. "Hey, Chelsea, my best friend!" I exclaimed giddily as I hugged her.

"Get off of me, you drunk freak. I'm not Chelsea," the young woman with red hair said in disgust as she pushed me away.

I stumbled backwards, almost falling on my back, when Jeff saved me, well barely caught me, since he was also drunk, but not as drunk as I was.

"You're my hero!" I gushed, continuing to giggle.

"And you're drunk," he said, laughing. "Let's get you to sit down."

He helped me walk over to a table to sit down. "Where's Chelsea?" I slurred.

He looked around, and pointed to the right of the room. "She's over there dancing with a guy," he said.

"We should join!" I got up, then instantly felt nauseous so I sat back down.

"I think it's better if we just stay here." He laughed.

"I want to go dance though." I whined.

"Okay, whatever you want to do." He helped me go back to the dance floor.

I tried twirling around, but that made me feel nauseous again.

Jeff grabbed my hands, and we started dancing again, but even closer than what we were. Then, we made out for a few minutes.

All of a sudden, I just remembered I haven't received my paycheck from Vince. I decided to call him right there in the middle of the dance floor at a club.

"Hello?" Vince answered, his voice sounding low.

"I need my paycheck," I slurred over the loud music. "You didn't give me it yet."

"Can you repeat what you just said? I can't understand what you're saying. Are you alright?" He had a slightly concerned tone in his voice.

"Paycheck. I need my paycheck."

Jeff looked at me, having a confused look. "Who's that?" He asked while I was on the phone.

"My ex-boss." I giggled. "He's both my ex and my used to be boss!"

"I'll let you go, Anastasia. I'll give you your check tomorrow," Vince said on the phone, sighing.

"Okay-" I started to say but he hung up before I could say anything else.

After that, I continued to party with Jeff, and eventually Chelsea when she came back to us.

When we sobered up a little, Jeff, Chelsea, and I took a taxi to my apartment. Since Jeff was still quite a bit drunk, we decided to let him stay over.

Chelsea and I struggled to help Jeff get comfortable on the couch.

After that, Chelsea and I got ready for bed, and we all went to sleep.

**********

A/N: Stacey finds a new job, and runs into Jeff Wheeler, who is a longtime friend of her's and Chelsea's. Later, Chelsea and Stacey go to the club, and coincidentally see Jeff there.

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

689K 15.5K 41
She is 21 fresh out of college looking for a job as a secretary. Lucky for her, her brothers best friends have a job for her as their own secretary...
3.8K 48 9
Hendry Arnaud Camden came from a long line of wealth. Hendry was groomed to be one of the successors of his family's wealth. With all the strict rule...
3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...
105K 3.8K 42
At lightning speed I threw open the covers of the bed , checking for any trace of missing clothing ; Every ounce of my fiber, of my being was yelling...