Because of Him

By danalex99

[highest ranking in romance - #3] [highest ranking in teen fiction - #19] "You've built your walls so high no... More

1
2
3
4
5
6 (part 1)
6 (part 2)
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
Epilogue

27

50K 1.7K 124
By danalex99

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Lounging on the black leather couch in the living room, I flipped through the channels on TV while I waited for Faith to come over so I could help her get ready for tonight. It was Friday, the day of Faith and Tyler's blind date, and everything was going smoothly. Logan had made the reservations at the restaurant, both Tyler and Faith were still up for the date, and we made sure neither of them knew who the mystery person was.

Just as the clock hit five o'clock, the doorbell rang. I stood up from the couch and walked over to the door, opening it to see Faith standing there.

"Are you ready for your date?" I asked excitedly, stepping to the side so she could come in and then leading her upstairs to my room.

"I guess," she shrugged, "I'm just a little nervous since I don't know who he is."

"Don't stress it. You'll have fun – trust me. Now come on, let's get you ready." I grabbed her hand and led her into the restroom. She flopped down onto the stool while I got all my makeup supplies out.

"Can I please have just a tiny clue about who he is?" She asked with innocent eyes and clasping her hands together.

"I promised I wouldn't tell." I pressed my lips together. She slumped in her seat. "You'll find out in an hour, alright? Just be patient. Now turn around, you can't look until I'm done."

After about fifteen minutes, I was finishing up her makeup, dabbing the last bit of red lipstick onto her lips. I leaned back to take a good look at her and smiled. "Now, your hair."

I plugged the curling iron in and worked on her hair, loosely curling it. After another twenty minutes, I was done and took a step back.

"You can look now." I said with an excited grin.

She turned around and met her reflection. She blinked at herself in the mirror and then looked at me with an approving smile. I grinned and took her hand, leading her back out into my room. She sat on the edge of my bed while I walked into my closet and looked for something she could wear.

"I have this dress that Emmie bought me last year, and it's beautiful, but I just never wore it because I felt self conscious in it." I explained, smiling once I reached the dress. I pulled it off its hanger and took it to Faith, placing it in her hands. "But, I think it would look amazing on you."

It was a simple dress: light blue, fitted comfortably at the top and flowing down mid-thigh.

"It's so pretty," She breathed out.

"Go try it on!" I said, pushing her towards the restroom.

She chuckled, leaving the room and closing the door behind her. Seconds later she was opening the door again, this time, however, stepping out in the dress.

"What do you think? You think he'll like it?" She asked, looking down at herself.

The dress fit her perfectly, almost as if it had been made specifically for her, and the blue complimented her bright red lips.

"You look stunning, really. He's going to love it." I smiled. "Speaking of your date, we have to get going. We have.." I turned to look at the clock and my eyes widened, "ten minutes!"

"What?" She panicked. "Oh, God, I'm gonna be so late!" She hastily grabbed her coat and purse from the bed, and quickly slipped her black flats on. We rushed down the stairs and flew out the door, not even bothering to lock it. We quickly climbed into her car and drove to the restaurant. Pulling up to the parking lot right at six-thirty, she parked her car into an empty lot. As we walked to the entrance together, I craned my neck to see where Tyler was sitting. Luckily, he had his back to us.

I turned to Faith when we reached the door. "Alright, this is it." I smiled reassuringly. "He's wearing a white button down shirt and he has his back to us. Just walk towards the back and I'm sure you'll find him in no time. Remember to just have fun, okay?"

I hugged her and wished her good luck, watching as she reluctantly entered the restaurant.

"Lauren!" Someone whisper-yelled from beside me. I turned to see Logan jogging towards me from the side of the building. He must have been hiding so Faith wouldn't see him and put two and two together.

"Hey," I smiled and then turned back to look through the window.

"Did she just go in?" He asked, joining me.

"Yeah, she's right there." I pointed at her through the glass, watching as she followed my instructions and walked towards the back of the restaurant. She slowly approached the table with still no clue about who her date was. She reached the table, catching Tyler's attention. He looked up and realized it was his date arriving and stood to greet her. I grinned as I watched Faith's reaction once she saw who he was. She parted her lips and looked at him wide-eyed. Tyler? I could see her say. His back was still to us so we couldn't see what his reaction was, but I saw she started laughing. He hugged her and they exchanged a few more words before he slid her chair out for her. She sat down and stared at him in disbelief for a second before laughing again.

I watched them and smiled happily.

Logan straightened up, the movement catching my attention. I turned to him with a puzzled expression.

"Come on," he said, "let's go for a walk."

"A walk?" I asked, knitting my eyebrows together. I stood and followed after him as he started walking away from the restaurant. I fell into step beside him, glancing at him from the corner of my eye. The corners of his lips were lifted up into a lopsided smile. I looked away, feeling my own lips twitch into a smile of their own.

We continued walking down the sidewalk in silence, the only noise was the vroom of cars passing by. I had no clue where we were going, but I went along with it judging by how Logan seemed to know where he wanted to go. He led me to a fence that separated the busy streets and stores around us from an area with many trees, it was almost a forest behind there. Above us was a sign that read No Trespassing in red, bold letters.

Before I had the chance to ask why we were here, Logan began to climb the fence.

"Wait, what are you doing?" I asked.

He looked down at me and smiled boyishly. "Climbing this fence."

"Well, obviously," I quirked an eyebrow, "but it says no trespassing." I pointed to the sign.

"I've done this plenty of times; we're fine."

I sighed in defeat. I began climbing, careful of where I placed my feet, but once I'd made it over, I realized everything was pitch black. Almost as if Logan had read my mind, he pulled out his phone and used his flashlight app to guide us through.

"Where are we even going?" I finally asked.

He looked over his shoulder, shooting me a smile. "Let's just say it's a shortcut."

A shortcut? To where? I kept quiet and continued following him. It was when we reached an end to all the trees that I realized where we were: the hill that overlooked the park.

"I come here at night sometimes, just to look up at the stars. It's relaxing." Logan said, looking up at the sky. After a minute, he went and sat down on the grass. I mirrored his actions and watched as he lied down, putting one arm underneath his head for support. I did the same and gazed up at the sky, loving just how marvelous the stars looked. We were both so captivated that we just sat there in a peaceful silence.

My senses spiked when I felt Logan turn his head to look at me. His gaze was like a laser, burning a hole right through my face. I looked at him, finding his ice-blue eyes even more beautiful under the moonlight. His eyes danced over my face and the faintest smile took over his features, and it was then that I realized just how close we were. I felt my heart beat pulsing through my head, and I wondered if he could hear it. My eyes unconsciously trailed down his face, past his blue eyes, his perfectly shaped nose, and down to his lips. My eyes flickered back to his, and I found him looking down at my lips. I had a strongest urge to kiss him, and then my conscience quickly brought me out of my trance.

He doesn't like you.

I felt a sudden rush of anger surge through my body, and I immediately broke my gaze and looked back up at the stars, feeling a burning in my chest.

What were we doing? Why was he making me think that he liked me when he really didn't? He was confusing and unintentionally messing with my head. I wanted him to stop with the intense stares and the looking at my lips and just everything.

"What are we doing?"

His eyes left the sky, but I refused to meet his gaze. He looked away and after what felt like an eternity, in a quiet voice he said, "I don't know."

We stayed there for the rest of the night, underneath the stars, neither one of us saying a word.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Logan By Marie

Teen Fiction

10.1K 266 31
*TW* Contains topics and scenes of sexual assault, self-harm, abuse.* "You know you loved every second of it," I can feel the tears welling up as wel...
244 50 25
-non fanfiction edition- April Pearson, a 22 year old dancer from Los Angeles gets offered a job as a choreographer in London, England. She doesn't k...
4.4K 152 39
{COMPLETED} What happens when your boyfriend cheats on you, yeah you break up with him? Well this happen to 20 year old Caroline ,her boyfriend cheat...
620K 18.2K 46
-COMPLETED- Eighteen year old Anna Jacobs moves back to her hometown with hopes of returning to her old high school and finishing out her senior year...